• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The main advantage I see Bandana Dee has over Captain Toad is his relation to the main cast, in that Bandana Dee pretty much is part of the main cast, while Captain Toad despite having his own game, is sort of just there. Even regular Toad is often just used as filler (hence two of them in the New games) while Bandana Dee is treated as a part of the main cast on several occasions. There was no reason for him to playable in Star Allies, there was already a large cast of playable characters, yet here he is. Getting special treatment to boot

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The main advantage I see Bandana Dee has over Captain Toad is his relation to the main cast, in that Bandana Dee pretty much is part of the main cast, while Captain Toad despite having his own game, is sort of just there. Even regular Toad is often just used as filler (hence two of them in the New games) while Bandana Dee is treated as a part of the main cast on several occasions. There was no reason for him to playable in Star Allies, there was already a large cast of playable characters, yet here he is. Getting special treatment to boot
Domo Arigato, Mr. Nintendo. Domo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Domo Arigato, Mr. Nintendo. Domo.
I...... have no idea what that means.

I don't mean to say anything against Captain Toad, I would like him too. But I can see why Bandana Dee would get in first, the only thing Captain Toad has over Bandana Dee is a game, which is impressive, but not everything.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I...... have no idea what that means.

I don't mean to say anything against Captain Toad, I would like him too. But I can see why Bandana Dee would get in first, the only thing Captain Toad has over Bandana Dee is a game, which is impressive, but not everything.
1) It's me quoting the lyrics to "Mr Roboto," playing off of your name.
1...b..) which I guess makes me feel ancient since, even though it came out long before I was born, still seemed to be a pop culturally known song.
2) It means thank you in Japanese.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Idk how to post a picture on my phone but oh well, here goes nothing
504A76CD-46E1-450C-899E-38F8E522AA02.jpeg

EDIT: I DID IT :D LOL

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I must be super bad at spotting fakes lol. I have no idea how people can distinguish some of these leaks from the game tbh xD

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to throw in my two cents and make a Bandy moveset, which marks the first time I've ever made one for a character. Also currently working on a Magolor one.

But yeah, my idea for a Bandy moveset was to include things from all his prominent game appearances, as a way to showcase how far he's come. I tried to make it as gimmicky as I could while still feeling like Bandana Dee, as a lot of movesets I've seen focus solely on him swinging his spear around and sometimes his parasol. So I certainly tried to make it unique, whether that resulted in a bad thing or not. (Also ignore the two different names for his Side Tilt, it's supposed to be Swing.)

https://imgur.com/a/Gqq3XN1

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So I decided to throw in my two cents and make a Bandy moveset, which marks the first time I've ever made one for a character. Also currently working on a Magolor one.

But yeah, my idea for a Bandy moveset was to include things from all his prominent game appearances, as a way to showcase how far he's come. I tried to make it as gimmicky as I could while still feeling like Bandana Dee, as a lot of movesets I've seen focus solely on him swinging his spear around and sometimes his parasol. So I certainly tried to make it unique, whether that resulted in a bad thing or not. (Also ignore the two different names for his Side Tilt, it's supposed to be Swing.)

This seems really good! I like it.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice

This is by far the best moveset for him i’ve seen, I love it. It’s exactly everything I imagine when I think of playing as him.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

I love this! The artwork is great and this is my favourite moveset so far how it implements all the items, great work!

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
Most peps when they hear about Bandana dee
THIS THREAD: WHERE IS BANDANA DEE
EVERY ONE ELSE: WHO IS BANDANA DEE
NINTENDO: I WILL DO YOU ONE BETTER WHY IS BANDANA DEE
(PS HOW DO I BECOME A Supporter??)

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

This is amazing.

If Bandanna Dee makes it in, and his moveset isn't even half as amazing as this one, I'll be sad. I've seen a lot of movesets for Bandanna Dee, and this just blows ALL of them out of the water, no contest.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

Now THIS is a blessed moveset.

Now THIS is a cursed video.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Most peps when they hear about Bandana dee
THIS THREAD: WHERE IS BANDANA DEE
EVERY ONE ELSE: WHO IS BANDANA DEE
NINTENDO: I WILL DO YOU ONE BETTER WHY IS BANDANA DEE
(PS HOW DO I BECOME A Supporter??)
well by wanting to see a character in smash is what makes you a supporter

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
My first Kirby game was Kirby 64, there were no enemy Waddle Dees in that game, just one Waddle Dee that seemed like a good friend of Kirby's. That game gave me very different impressions of the Kirby cast than I got from the games I played later. But the point is that even before Bandanna Waddle Dee was created I had the impression that Waddle Dee was pretty important to Kirby the character and the series.

I dunno if he'd be my go-to for a Kirby newcomer, but he seems the most likely, and he's got my blessing.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Oh look, the worst video on youtube. Why did you post a link to that, though? It's 14 minutes of this:
Prosecution: Bandana Dee should get in because of (insert good argument about how deserving Bandana Dee is and how easy it would be to make a unique moveset)
Defense: GOOMBA WITH A HAT
Master Hand: The defense has a valid point, I don't like Bandana Dee
end video

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Defense said out that they removed Waddle Dees from Dedede's moveset because Waddle Dees weren't fit for battle. 2 things:
1. They removed that for the same reason they cut Trainer, took Zelda off of Sheik, and, despite completing their models and moveset on the Wii U, cut ICs. The 3DS couldn't handle that many enemies on screen at once, so they replaced side-b with Gordos and gave Dedede a new Final Smash.
2. Even if they aren't, Bandana Dee is much more powerful. I mean, Waddle Dees are pathetic and weak and usually don't even try to attack you, but in his first appearance, Bandana Dee made a massive trench visible from space in Planet Popstar with one punch. I mean, come on. 167 MEGATONS. That is 167 million tons of force, or 374 billion pounds of force. From one punch. This man (puffball?) is the weakest opponent in this game, and he puts One Punch Man to shame. To put that in perspective, it takes 4000 newtons to shatter a bone. The megaton punch deals out 1,663,990,736,128 newtons (1.663 QUADRILLION), which is uhh a lot. I mean, it doesn't touch Kirby's 525 light years per second fastball, but it's still enough to... one punch the solar system? Also, I tried to debunk that argument and ended up with an episode of Game Theory, but whatever.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
That video is so funny, because the whole time, the prosecution is making good arguments (although he misses a lot) and the defense is making easy to counter arguments, and at the end, despite supporting Bandana Dee the whole time, all of a sudden it's a no.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yeah, it's just annoying when a popular channel spreads misinformation about a character, especially considering how many people already have misconceptions about the character (nothing against GameXplain, I love their channel, but this one video was poorly done).

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's just annoying when a popular channel spreads misinformation about a character, especially considering how many people already have misconceptions about the character (nothing against GameXplain, I love their channel, but this one video was poorly done).
I disagree with saying it's poorly done... because this is one person vs one other person. Also clearly Master Hand would side with Ash since Ash did his voice.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think the dislike bar speaks for itself on the video, it's got way more dislikes than their video normally does.

Goes to show how many supporters there are out there.

I disagree with saying it's poorly done... because this is one person vs one other person. Also clearly Master Hand would side with Ash since Ash did his voice.
Ash did the voice? Why wouldn't beautiful deep voice Jon do it? Maybe he was busy. Although than again Ash is Rob Paulsens Kid. Maybe some of his old man's talent rubbed off on him

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Considering that it seems to be intended as an actual analysis of Dee's chances and how well he'd fit in, I doubt the verdict was decided by only one person. They probably agreed on a decision before deciding how the skit would work.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I think the dislike bar speaks for itself on the video, it's got way more dislikes than their video normally does.

Goes to show how many supporters there are out there.

Ash did the voice? Why wouldn't beautiful deep voice Jon do it? Maybe he was busy. Although than again Ash is Rob Paulsens Kid. Maybe some of his old man's talent rubbed off on him
Yeah, seeing the like/dislike ratio does make me a bit happy in that regard.
Then I go on twitter and then it becomes depressing.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The Bandana Brigade Twitter is doing great, we gained like 200 followers in a week out of nowhere!

Also, look at the comments of this crappy video.

A lot of people noticed Bandana Dee's absence.
You can't just ignore him like that anymore.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
The Bandana Brigade Twitter is doing great, we gained like 200 followers in a week out of nowhere!

Also, look at the comments of this crappy video.

A lot of people noticed Bandana Dee's absence.
You can't just ignore him like that anymore.
I recall seeing discussion about that video today in the Bandana Dee discord, but I thought it was a video made around the time of the March direct.
Now I know it's an extremely recent video.
Wait
I'm sorry but what?

You know, I'd like to say I'm surprised regarding his absence from this list, but this is WatchMojo we're talking about, so I really can't. They just pump out these countdowns without too much effort. I think it's safe to say that they didn't even google "smash ultimate most wanted character" polls or something. There's no way in hell he wouldn't even be an honorable mention at minimum if we're talking about fan requests.
That last sentence made me sound like I'm still surprised but I really shouldn't be.

Anyway, I really do like that people are mentioning Dee like that. At least people acknowledge that he's popular.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
After Bandana Dee, I'd be really happy with basically any Kirby character. Marx, Magolor, Daroach, Adeleine, Taranza- all of them would be awesome!

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
After Bandana Dee, I'd be really happy with basically any Kirby character. Marx, Magolor, Daroach, Adeleine, Taranza- all of them would be awesome!
A fever dream of mine would be to announce Bandana Dee and Magolor in the same trailer, given the Hero vs. Villains theme as well as both of their popularity in Japan and them starring in the same game.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
A fever dream of mine would be to announce Bandana Dee and Magolor in the same trailer, given the Hero vs. Villains theme as well as both of their popularity in Japan and them starring in the same game.
Yeah, same. I had an idea a while ago about it starting out with Magolor fighting Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede, and right when the heroes are about to be finished off by Magolors attack, a spear gets hurled into the ground before Magolor, making him pause. Bandana Dee appears, grabs the spear, and prepares to fight!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Although Magolor and Prince Fluff easily triumph my wishlist in Kirby characters that aren't Dee.
I also wouldn't mind a Dark Meta Knight as a Meta Knight echo since Galacta and Morpho are, the way I see it, out of the running.
Maybe Gooey as a Kirby echo if they can work around his lack of feet? He's atleast had arms in DL3 from what I've seen. (Then again the amount of copy abilities may prove too much work for Gooey to be a worthwhile addition as an echo, which I fear.)

You have no idea how much I want this to happen.

Top Bottom