• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Well, as impressive as this might look, his official name is Bandana Waddle Dee. Bandana Dee is just a fan-shortening.

I feel if he makes it in, that's the name he's gonna get.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
:ultgreninja:‘d

But anyway look at the bottom left with the shadows

Why aren't the shadows attached to the endings of the ropes
Lost the race lol, still another crucial point is the lighting. While Skull Kid has some detail in the leak, for some odd reason Bandana Dee's lighting is rather...off.

Also the artwork for Bandana Dee is off as well, lighting is too bright.

Also that ropes one caught me off guard. Another red flag.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Holy hell that is a good looking leak. Probably the most legit one so far, and those renders look half-decent.

But more importantly...POKEFLOATS 2!!!!!

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
On top of that, the video quality outside of the TV looks terrible, yet the screen is in top-quality. Good on OP for at least putting some real effort into it, but fake is fake.

Glad to see 4chan actually complimenting OP with how impressive the fake looks though.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's fake, but it's a very nice fake. Biggest issue is Bandana Dee doesn't cast a shadow but Skull Kid does.

Too bad because Pokefloats 2 would rule.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here's an idea for a trailer.

Link is walking through the woods and you hear the Skull Kid song, but something happens and a tree in the forest is Whispy that spits out Bandana Dee.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
For those who just want to see the screenshot from the 4chan thread, here it is:

A9AF989C-AF95-48B1-A521-7AD1FFB11063-216-0000003853F8B3C8.jpeg

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
It's the best fake I've seen for Ultimate thus far, definitely. I never really cared for Pokefloats but that looks amazing. But yeah, his name being Bandana Dee rather than Bandana Waddle Dee or just Waddle Dee is what makes me think it's fake.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think his name being Bandana Dee is any kind of smoking gun. Smash named Wind Waker Link "Toon Link" after all.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but his canon name is Bandana Waddle Dee.

Unlike Toon Link, Bandana Waddle Dee is actually named that in the Kirby games.

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I don't think his name being Bandana Dee is any kind of smoking gun. Smash named Wind Waker Link "Toon Link" after all.
Did Toon Link ever have an official name before Brawl though? I think he was just called Link. Bandy's situation is different - he already has an actual name.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Did Toon Link ever have an official name before Brawl though? I think he was just called Link. Bandy's situation is different - he already has an actual name.
Yup. Brawl was the first time we saw Toon Link given that particular name to differentiate himself from Young Link. In LoZ, all Links are just Link.

Bandana Dee has been called Bandana Waddle Dee since Triple Deluxe, and named that in-game since Battle Royal at the latest, most notably in Star Allies.

The only other name I can see happening is simply "Waddle Dee" since that's all they called him in KRtD.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bandana Waddle Dee would be the longest name a character in Smash had? Even surpassing Mr. Game & Watch

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Star Icon is not titled.

Reference picture:
This kind of seals the deal that it is fake, unless they decided to untilt Kirby's icon for the first time ever this is definitely fake. But wow those models are top notch.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
To be fair, the name "Bandana Dee" has been officially used before.

BvsMc4-IQAAqVhU.png

And like with the Toon Link argument above, I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and used it.

They probably should, anyhow. Using just "Waddle Dee" defeats the purpose of the character and hearing "Bandana Waddle Dee" honestly seems like too much of a mouthful for what should be a relatively simple fighter.

I know HAL has said they want him to be generic enough to represent the Waddle Dees or whatever, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went back on their word. Based off of the fan support for him as a unique character they'll probably forget about this trope. I'd even go so far as to say they'll make the "Bandy" name official and add more to his design, like have an actual bandana on his face. It would be fitting Kirby humor given that Waddle Dees don't have mouths, after all.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey Bandana Dee fans, I'm sorry you had to wait a bit long for the direct due to the earthquake. Hope everybody there is safe.

On the bright side, I decided to throw some support to you guys and I hope you will get what you wanted for years.

Oh, and here is something that I made. Enjoy!.:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This video is absolutely hilarious, I hope Bandana Dee gets one similar. What would be his "Elton John's Crocodile Rock" for Bandana Dee? I elect Gucci Bandana.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Dee-cided to draw some of my most wanted newcomers for Smash

Behold, the results of a lazy Friday

Smash Want Drawing Colour corrected.jpg

I would have included more characters, but I couldn't figure out ways to get any of my other wants to fly

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else hate having to explain to people why Bandana Dee isn't just some "random Waddle Dee"?

If we get Kirby, Meta Knight, and King DeDeDe, we put in Bandana Dee to complete the group of 4 in the Kirby games, plus Sakurai made these characters so I am sure he would like it too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else hate having to explain to people why Bandana Dee isn't just some "random Waddle Dee"?

If we get Kirby, Meta Knight, and King DeDeDe, we put in Bandana Dee to complete the group of 4 in the Kirby games, plus Sakurai made these characters so I am sure he would like it too.
so far ive never had too

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Most probably the direct is gonna be on next Thursday.. Can’t wait! There is definitely a new character because the smash website wasn’t updated yet

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
It's probably before next Thursday honestly. From what I've read Famitsu has new Smash news and they tend to leak the Tuesday before, so Nintendo has until then to release it. I'm thinking Monday?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone thought about where Bandana Dee might fight within the Smash Panorama?

I don't remember where I heard the idea, but one possibility that I think is a pretty strong one is that the Mr. Saturn being carried by the Pikmin is actually a placeholder- that once Bandana Dee gets revealed, he will replace the Saturn in the panorama. I think it's a pretty sound theory.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Has anyone thought about where Bandana Dee might fight within the Smash Panorama?

I don't remember where I heard the idea, but one possibility that I think is a pretty strong one is that the Mr. Saturn being carried by the Pikmin is actually a placeholder- that once Bandana Dee gets revealed, he will replace the Saturn in the panorama. I think it's a pretty sound theory.
Everyones HereDee.jpg

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. I guess he could be there too. I just think the Mr. Saturn idea is more fun, since it gives us another interesting interaction rather than just building on the "Pokemon Trainer attacks Dedede and Wario for no reason" scenario we already have.

Though admittedly, if this IS what they go with, I'd like to see Dee in a defensive stance in front of his king, protecting him rather than being freaked out with the rest of them.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
This put the biggest grin on my face. I love it.

I quite like that theory, though I can also see him using waddle copter close to Meta Knight or something.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I actively do want Bandana Dee in Smash.
I still do not see how he could get in without completely disrespecting (Captain) Toad.
I am fairly certain this will bring in arguments of "Captain Toad is not Toad, and Bandana Dee is older and more iconic when you separate the characters." As well as other arguments that I won't find to be of merit.

I'm not looking for an explanation. I'm just sad that there are so few newcomers, likely.

Oh well. Back to the hype!

Top Bottom