• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Return to Dreamland is my third favorite Kirby game, right behind 64 and Robobot. He'd have a unique moveset and, most importantly, be cute as all hell!
Good luck from the Isaac thread guys!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm rooting for ya'll while I REALLY want Dixie Kong I don't think she will be revealed tomorrow as I fear she will probably be an echo if she's in at all and I don't see any echoes being announced tomorrow. So my next character in my wishlist is Bandana Dee! I hope he shows up and if he doesn't I just pray to god it's another 1st party character (I'm betting a Sun/Moon Pokemon). I'm tired of 3rd parties in Smash. They have hit their limit IMO.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
sans, crash, shante, that doom chap, rayman, shadow and geno i dont think they have any business in smash, expect shadow

dont see how phoenix is a meme choice, he been suggested for longer than most of the other third parties there
Crash bandicoot and ESPECIALLY Doom Slayer are colossal gaming icons. Although I agree being playable maybe isn't the place for Crash, since he lived and died in a span of like 3 years, Doom Slayer 100% is smash worthy. He's the father of an entire genre of gaming. Metroid Prime wouldn't exist without his influence. Shadow makes sense cause third party echo fighters are now allowed, which he's perfect for. Wright is a meme cause people only ironically want him cause of OBJECTION meme

Geno I kinda agree with. He's cool and all but.. he's a sidekick from one game. I guess throw him a bone with a trophy or something. This coming from someone who loves the character.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Guide to watching tomorrow's Direct:
- Expect the new character to be purple and yellow. After all, in the E3 Direct, there was a barrel and rope ladder in the background (reminiscent of DK) and it was very out of place, but then we got a shiny new DK rep at the end of the next Direct. This time, there were two random chairs: 1 yellow, 1 purple.
- Since Sakurai likes hiding things in the background, it is therefore very reasonable to start screaming if you see a spear in the background.
- If you need to do something, wait 30 minutes. If the direct is at 3AM for you and you need to be up by 6, remember: Sleep is for the weak.
- Pray to our lord and savior Daddy Sakurai that Bandana Dee gets in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Crash bandicoot and ESPECIALLY Doom Slayer are colossal gaming icons. Although I agree being playable maybe isn't the place for Crash, since he lived and died in a span of like 3 years, Doom Slayer 100% is smash worthy. He's the father of an entire genre of gaming. Metroid Prime wouldn't exist without his influence. Shadow makes sense cause third party echo fighters are now allowed, which he's perfect for. Wright is a meme cause people only ironically want him cause of OBJECTION meme

Geno I kinda agree with. He's cool and all but.. he's a sidekick from one game. I guess throw him a bone with a trophy or something. This coming from someone who loves the character.
i dont want wright ironically i want him cause i love the franchise

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Alright remember to hype responsibly keep our hopes high and expectations low for the goodest boi tomorrow!

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I honestly feel like Bandana Dee has a decent shot at a reveal tomorrow, seeing as he's a highly requested character yet not on the level of characters like Geno, Banjo, and Skull Kid, who would build more hype during a dedicated Smash Direct. Not gonna act like it's a sure thing, since we could very well get the obligatory Pokemon newcomer instead, but I feel like the Dee has a better shot than some other characters for tomorrow.

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
He's higher then all three. Without a doubt. Why do people pretend otherwise?
He may be more popular now and maybe even during the smash ballot but let’s not ignore the fact that characters like banjo, geno, Isaac, and maybe even skull kid have been requested for a lot longer than bandana dee. So they inclusions would create a lot more hype. Bandana dee is my number one request but I’m not gunna deny the popularity they have.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Chances are it might be Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow, but I don't think Geno is happening, I have a feeling he'd be saved as the final character.

Oh yeah, or Bandana Dee. If we have two new reveals, he'll likely be the first.

I just hope it's not another Pokemon, though, Decidueye or Incineroar don't seem like they were that highly supported in comparison anyhow.

Last edited:

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
Chances are it might be Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow, but I don't think Geno is happening, I have a feeling he'd be saved as the final character.

Oh yeah, or Bandana Dee. If we have two new reveals, he'll likely be the first.

I just hope it's not another Pokemon, though, Decidueye or Incineroar don't seem like they were that highly supported in comparison anyhow.
A Pokémon seems to be the popular opinion although I think we’d get our Pokémon rep reveled around the time the Let’s Go games are announced.

D

Deleted member

I think tomorrow we will see Bandana Dee, Isaac, or Skull Kid...
I am really hoping for Bandana Dee though. I hope tomorrow will go down in history as Dee-Day!

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Bandees chances are indescribably high right now, we know that as a fact, but lets not get our hopes up too much. I mean, we should get hyped for tomorrow, but lets not set ourselves up for disappointment. Ya feel me?
Indeescribably high*

Sorry, couldn't resist

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
let’s not ignore the fact that characters like banjo, geno, Isaac, and maybe even skull kid have been requested for a lot longer than bandana dee.
The only thing time has done is wane their interest. Geno and Skull kid almost never charted during the ballot days. This is more an argument in defense of Dee if anything

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that it'll either be Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Dixie, or a Pokemon revealed tomorrow. I don't really see an older character that a lot of casual fans might be unfamiliar with like Geno or Isaac being revealed in a general Direct, though it's certainly not impossible, especially since most of the people watching Nintendo Directs are more hardcore fans anyway.

That being said, I do think that a Pokemon is most likely for tomorrow, though I'm pretty indifferent to the idea of another Pokemon newcomer to be honest (Well, I guess Tapu Koko would be kinda cool). But a general Deerect is also what I figured would be a good place for Dee to be revealed, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Man... I wish this Direct didn't fall on a busy day for me. Hopefully when I'm done with my assignments I'll be greeted to some Dee-lightful news...

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Whazzup, Bandana Friends?! Just coming by from the Isaac thread to wish you fellows good luck! I really think that BWD would be a good unique fighter in Smash! Especially beening a spear fighter with the cuteness of Kirby! I like Waddles, so I hope my sunshine brightens your day!

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory that helps us out,every orignal series in smash 64 gets an echo and new fighter
Samus:ridley,dark samus
Mario:daisy and likely geno
DK:K.Rool and likely dixie
Zelda:skull kid and impa(i think thats a sheika or something i dont play zelda
Kirby:DMK and bandana dee
Pokemon is kinda weird in this so u can suggest things

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hi Bandana Waddle Dee supporters, just passing by to wish all of you the best of vibes for tomorrow's direct, keep hope alive!

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'm coming over from the Isaac thread to wish you guys good luck tomorrow in the direct! I'm hoping we can all get our characters in this time!

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
From Shantae board, I really REALLY hope to see Bandana Dee playable. Maybe that reveal will happen tomorrow and this thread can celebrate like the 4th of July.

Best of luck to you guys! Bandana Dee for Smash, all the way!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
A general direct seems like a fitting time to reveal Bandana Dee.
I see a lot of people saying it'll be "some gen 7 pokemon" "obligatory pokemon rep" etc revealed tomorrow.
and honestly, I don't think we're even going to see a new pokemon rep in the base roster. Sakurai is drawing HEAVILY from the ballot with this game. and there's a limited number of spots, so I think any new pokemon reps would be held off on until post-launch DLC

the most likely candidates for reveal tomorrow in my mind are: Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Isabelle.
a third party might get introduced, but the only one I could see as likley to be revealed tomorrow would be Shadow as a Sonic Echo

I don't think we'll get as many reveals tomorrow as we did in the smash direct last month. but we may get a newcomer and an echo at least.

I'm going to place my bets on Bandana Dee as the newcomer and Dixie as the echo.

Since we got Dark Samus in the direct after Ridley so maybe we'll get Dix in the direct after K.Rool.
and then maybe they'll reveal the first character of Kirby Star Allies wave 3 dream friends. and then segue from that into Bandana Dee's reveal trailer for Smash.

I'm also hoping we get to see a new stage revealed to put that topic to rest, and reignite hype for some of the other fanbases.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I'm with Sailor on this. While a Gen 7 Pokemon seems almost guaranteed for DLC, I sincerely doubt that we'll be getting any new Pokemon reps in the base roster, and if we do, it probably won't be Gen 7. The project plan was finalised by December 2015, and Sakurai is indeed drawing newcomers from the ballot (which was announced in April and finished in October). The public didn't even know Sun and Moon was a thing until next year, so it's literally impossible for any of the Gen 7 reps to have gotten any votes in the ballot.

It's possible that he could have pulled a Greninja and just choose one of the starters randomly, but again, if Sakurai is so hellbent on this game being fanservice, why waste time taking a shot in the dark for a character that people may not even like when you could be developing characters that actually placed on the ballot?

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
With the direct postponed tomorrow looks like our waiting will have to continue, thoughts go out to everyone effected by the earthquake in Japan!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think bandana dee is pretty cool, and I'd like to see him in. But I also really would have loved to see what's his name.. the fighter dee? Boxer joe? I wish bandana dee could takesome atachs from him too.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

Personally disagree on your remark on Phoenix Wright. I love me some Ace Attorney and Phoenix himself. I've also seen some UMvC3 gameplay of him and I feel like they could pull from that, amongst other things.

EDIT: On a different note, prayers going out to the victims of the Hokkaido Earthquake. A 6.7 magnitude earthquake is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
All arguments should really be null void of him now. Can't really argue if he's placing high and the only complaints are of his race.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
OMG 4th place on a poll of 20,000 votes? This is more support than I ever imagined.

It is only a matter of time now :,)

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee still has a good chance, his popularity is stronger, then ever and he’s a groovy character, that deserves in. Hope he will be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bandana Dee still has a good chance, his popularity is stronger, then ever and he’s a groovy character, that deserves in. Hope he will be.
On top of his popularity especially in Japan and ranking up there in the Ballot. Sakurai bias also increases his chances.

D

Deleted member

Agreed, I’m sure he knows how many people want him hope that he sees that and includes him, plus he’d be a unique character no doubt.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Nintendo Direct is still scheduled to be streamed on Nintendo Japan's YouTube channel? Probably an oversight, with what is likely an extremely hectic and chaotic Nintendo right now.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo Direct is still scheduled to be streamed on Nintendo Japan's YouTube channel? Probably an oversight, with what is likely an extremely hectic and chaotic Nintendo right now.
the direct starts and this site collapses

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Hello I am here to pledge my loyalty to our Bandana Boi
I hope he gets a Sailor Dee alt to fill out my Meta Knight team

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
A long time lurker here. I will say that if he makes it in I will more than likely main him.

I am confident that he'll show up in this game, but I'd say his odds in this direct are probably around 50/50.

Top Bottom