• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I've noticed a lot of controversy on 4chan's /v/ surrounding BD recently.

This was previously the case for Ridley and K. Rool, so I'm guessing he's next on the totem pole. I wonder if likelihood correlates with inclusion? I guess we'll see..

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Now THAT is interesting. Maybe it's a Bandana Dee subgame, like we were talking about before? At the very least, there's no way it isn't about Kirby, based on its proximity to Star Allies and similarity in codenames.

What's more, by the time (presumedly) of the online Direct, likely next month, the last dream friend wave will have been out for over a month--the perfect time to tease the final wave. All of that put together could very well tie in perfectly with a Bdee reveal.

This is an amazing find. About time we had a solid Dee conspiracy theory!
Not just similar in how they both have "City" in their name, but both names also start with foods as well, and considering Kirby world names often have something to do with food...

Yeah, I'm looking out for Kirby news next month.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm pretty sure that leak from earlier is fake, but can anybody keep an eye out in case something happens? I'll be doing the same.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I've noticed a lot of controversy on 4chan's /v/ surrounding BD recently.

This was previously the case for Ridley and K. Rool, so I'm guessing he's next on the totem pole. I wonder if likelihood correlates with inclusion? I guess we'll see..
4chan, especially during Smash season, is a cesspool of insecurity and thin skin. They lash out about him because he's more or less the most popular and likely character at this point. Dee being popular means he's a bigger threat to their most wanted which they take as a personal insult.

Just ignore it. It's mostly frustrated teens venting.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Just threw my vote in for Bandanna Dee on the nintendo twitter. I dont know if it will do anything, but the only other character i really want is Dixie, who im fairly certain will be an Echo. I was torn between BD and Geno, but I feel there will already be enough people voting for Geno to put him near the top, so gotta support the only other character im really looking for in SU

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
with king K. Rool in the game officially seems bandana dee is the next popular character to be thrown all over leaks to make them seem legit. I’ve seen so many YouTube videos talking about smash leaks with bandana Dee in them. Tread carefully guys remember Try not to believe all the leaks but stay positive and optimistic y’all!

SwitchButton

Geno, Shantae, Isaac, and Banjo Kazooie
Not to stirr the pot, but this list makes me feel SUPER hopeful. Don't uh... don't tell nobody I said this... but honestly none of these characters are real competition for Dee lol

(remember I said nothing)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not to stirr the pot, but this list makes me feel SUPER hopeful. Don't uh... don't tell nobody I said this... but honestly none of these characters are real competition for Dee lol

I completely agree. I think amount of competition for space is really small atm.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
with king K. Rool in the game officially seems bandana dee is the next popular character to be thrown all over leaks to make them seem legit. I’ve seen so many YouTube videos talking about smash leaks with bandana Dee in them. Tread carefully guys remember Try not to believe all the leaks but stay positive and optimistic y’all!
He's also next in line for opposition. There's been a significant increase in BD hate all over the place. Just came from Twitter, and saw a tweet where some guy went off on video about how Bandana Dee is "just some stupid grunt" and how we all need to "be grateful for what we have".
It's laughable, really. If they truly believed BD to be insignificant, they wouldn't even bother detracting.:laugh:
Just goes to show how much they see him as competition, which really just means how much THEY know about Bandana Dee's relevance. We're not ungrateful, we just look forward to seeing a character in the game. Sakurai has impressed all of us, and we're grateful for what he's done with Smash. But it's obvious that he has a lot more in store for us, and it's fun to speculate.

Honestly, though, it just baffles me how utterly stupid people can be. Trampling on other people's hopes for a character, reusing the same argument over and over, ignoring the solid reasons for his inclusion-- it's insane. And the goomba argument only comes from those who have rarely or never touched a Kirby game in their lives. It's sad.

But people like that don't anger me. They're really not even worth time anymore. All we have to do is wait...

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
He's also next in line for opposition. There's been a significant increase in BD hate all over the place. Just came from Twitter, and saw a tweet where some guy went off on video about how Bandana Dee is "just some stupid grunt" and how we all need to "be grateful for what we have".
It's laughable, really. If they truly believed BD to be insignificant, they wouldn't even bother detracting.:laugh:
Just goes to show how much they see him as competition, which really just means how much THEY know about Bandana Dee's relevance. We're not ungrateful, we just look forward to seeing a character in the game. Sakurai has impressed all of us, and we're grateful for what he's done with Smash. But it's obvious that he has a lot more in store for us, and it's fun to speculate.

Honestly, though, it just baffles me how utterly stupid people can be. Trampling on other people's hopes for a character, reusing the same argument over and over, ignoring the solid reasons for his inclusion-- it's insane. And the goomba argument only comes from those who have rarely or never touched a Kirby game in their lives. It's sad.

But people like that don't anger me. They're really not even worth time anymore. All we have to do is wait...
Most of the time when I see a “goomba with hat” statement I just go “ugh, this **** again” at this point. But I’ve also seen people with the biggest hate-boners claiming he’d be “one of the worst character choices” amongst other things. I’d almost think that hating the poor boi is their only purpose in life. And I would be lying if I said my blood didn’t start boiling just a little when I see someone like that.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what those people are trying to accomplish. Like, all they're doing is making me want him even more. They, probably didn't think their plans through, but then again they probably don't think at all...

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Recently on my Instagram I've been posting stuff supporting our bandana boi and I always get some random coming to my page commenting "It's literally the same as a goomba". Some of these people go out of their way to try and shoot down someone but I mean, they could always NOT search for posts like mine to speak their minds on...

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
When it comes to haters I always find they think us wanting a character makes them think we don’t want their character to get in and they get defensive. I always try kill em with kindness and say that both characters deserve to be in. But if they are still being a jerk. I just ignore them and let them go off for whatever reason.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Most of the time when I see a “goomba with hat” statement I just go “ugh, this **** again” at this point. But I’ve also seen people with the biggest hate-boners claiming he’d be “one of the worst character choices” amongst other things. I’d almost think that hating the poor boi is their only purpose in life. And I would be lying if I said my blood didn’t start boiling just a little when I see someone like that.
Imagine hating such a great and precious boi, those people must have really sad lives

Last edited:

Vingag

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I think the only "competition" comes from Paper Mario who if anything will be added alongside Bandana Dee. If it came down to it, Bandana would win out. And don't worry, your secret is safe with us.

SwitchButton

Just remember that "Hat Goomba" is basically the new "Too big" meme.

It's a symbol that represents how insanely popular the character is.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
going to go on a little rant here sorry in advance.

Honestly a lot of this hate is coming from people who don't play the modern Kirby games. If you do play the modern Kirby games then you know the character development Bandana Dee has gotten, and you'll know why almost all Kirby fans want him in. I get it people want Marx in but were was your support for him way before the star allies DLC? He's a Main character and a prominent character at that. Most if not all of the Characters that are introduced in the Kirby franchise have become more or less of a one off character. Then why didn't they do the same for Bandana Dee? Why is he still here? It's because he has become a main stay and the Devs know that. even if he doesn't become playable and is an AT I'll be fine with that. But I think he'll be playable they can't ignore the fans forever.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

Honestly a lot of this hate is coming from people who don't play the modern Kirby games. If you do play the modern Kirby games then you know the character development Bandana Dee has gotten, and you'll know why almost all Kirby fans want him in. I get it people want Marx in but were was your support for him way before the star allies DLC? He's a Main character and a prominent character at that. Most if not all of the Characters that are introduced in the Kirby franchise have become more or less of a one off character. Then why didn't they do the same for Bandana Dee? Why is he still here? It's because he has become a main stay and the Devs know that. even if he doesn't become playable and is an AT I'll be fine with that. But I think he'll be playable they can't ignore the fans forever.
Right.
If you've at least played modern Kirby, and yet you still don't look forward to Bandana Dee's inclusion, that's fine by me because I can respect that. At least they've witnessed BD's importance for themselves.

It's just ridiculous why others come up to US as people who have actually played the games and tell us who the characters are supposed to be. I've never touched a Golden Sun game in my life but if I tried to say that Isaac is an unimportant character from a dead franchise, I'd be proven wrong, correct? ;)
That's because there are people who are knowledgeable on how the games work, and how the world is set up when it comes to significance. Those who have never touched a modern Kirby game and try to educate us as if we're the ones who don't know anything are the kinds of people I can't really take seriously. I just find it pathetic.

Let's try to stay above people like that; the ones who overuse the same arguments and emphasize them, even when they know what we're saying is valid. :p

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

I don't blame you for ranting. Alot of people just claim they know everything about a series just because they've seen a little bit of it. I was once under the impression that Alucard was the central protagonist of castlevania, so I was kind of confused when people started suggesting Simon Belmont, though I didn't really care enough to detract him even though I thought they were suggesting a side character instead of the protagonist. I was like "oh, sure, that works too". It was only later that I found out that the Belmont family was actually the main focus for alot of the games, and that Simon was the protagonist of the first game.

What I'm trying to say is: Alot of people just think they know everything, when digging on surface level might give you an explanation as to why people may be suggesting or wanting a character. People are just lazy as hell.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bandana dee's chances are pretty good. And I wouldn't mind the character, good moveset potential too. a spear user!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

WinOrTroll

Smash Rookie
I posted this on the Dee-scord already but I fixed it up a bit. This is my mockup of a Bandana Dee splash screen:

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind it if Marx was playable, but... I only thought how cool he could be after Star Allies. Prior to that, I thought he would be perfect boss material, even though Tabuu copied a lot from him.
I didn't see any support for Marx until after Star Allies myself. You're right though, most people who dismiss Bandana Dee probably haven't played the games or experienced him. He has a lot going for him now than he did during Smash 4's speculation periods.

I posted this on the Dee-scord already but I fixed it up a bit. This is my mockup of a Bandana Dee splash screen:

To me, I always thought "Bandana Dee Spearheads the Fight!" would be his tagline.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is what I say to people who don't want Bandana Dee

"Imagine if we had Mario, Bowser, and Peach, but not Luigi. Wouldn't it feel a little strange having one of the main 4 characters of the Mario series absent? That's how it is with Bandana Dee, he's the fourth main character and it's a little... strange feeling without him."

Also, for people that would rather have other Kirby characters (Adeline, Marx, Dark Matter, etc.) lets go back to the Mario example. Let's say they add a new Mario character and it's Bowser. Jr. It's not that Bowser Jr. is undeserving or a bad choice, but it would be odd having a side character before one of the Main 4. The same thing with Kirby, while other characters might be more unique and have a more unique moveset than Bandana Dee, it should wait until we get the core 4.

And yeah, Marx was 99% a bandwagon. It's a shame, He's been a pipe dream most wanted before Smash 4 Released and I was beyond thrilled to see him as a viable choice. Then I saw the fanbase turn into people hating on Bandana Dee, and then it disappeared.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
frankly, I like a lot of kirby characters, so I wouldn't mind for any of them joined. I like Bandana dee because he throws spears tho :p

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Definetly going to be one of my favourite games, the all-star cast gameplay, insanity of it all. Going to enjoy this game loads. My favourite Super Smash Bros. I believe thank you Daddy Sakurai and team. Bandana Dee been in a lot of leaks. Hope it increases his chances.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's kinda crazy, right now, I consider my top 2 most wanted characters also to be the most likely characters at the moment, Skull Kid and Bandana

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Hey guys just wanted to drop by and show my support. I've always wanted Bandana Dee. But K.Rool and Dixie were at the top of my priorities list. K.Rool made it in still waiting on Dixie (hopefully). But I do believe Bandana Dee deserves to be in Smash. He's like the only main/reoccurring Kirby character left that isn't in Smash yet. Now that Metroid has 4 reps, hopefully DK gets 4 reps, and I also hope Kirby gets 4 reps as well. So yeah Bandana Dee for Ultimate!

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I’ve personally seen Bandana Dee as the most likely character since the Memoryman3 leak where he found 2 Waddle Dee Amiibos. He may be a crazy Daisy fan, but he got her right, so I trust him with the Waddle Dee info. Plus, if he was really that crazy, why mention the Dee along with Daisy?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
And yeah, Marx was 99% a bandwagon. It's a shame, He's been a pipe dream most wanted before Smash 4 Released and was beyond thrilled to see him as a viable choice. Then I saw the fanbase turn into people hating on Bandana Dee, and then it disappeared.
I'm ashamed to admit, I was part of that bandwagon back then. Mostly, it was because I was just excited about Marx in Star Allies, then I just happened to see his thread while visiting here, and I ended up thinking "Oh man, what if Marx was in Smash?" But after Sakurai dropped the "don't expect too many" bombshell, and showed fan favorites were the focus, it became immediately apparent Marx had no chance. Like, instantly. Then I just sort of...dropped off. I would still say I support him, but not strongly. A boss role would suit him better.

I don't recall the Marx supporters hating on Bdee, though...that was a thing? I must have left before that happened...

Last edited:
Top Bottom