• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Or as a victory pose with him eating a rice ball like the waddle dee in Kirby 64
I love little references like this.

Also talking about the Waddle Dee from that game. He becomes a Waddle Doo after being possesed by Dark Matter. Does this mean every Waddle Doo is possesed.

Dark Matter has been in every Kirby game right under our noses the whole time.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
This being my most anticipated newcomer, it's taken me long enough to finally make a moveset for our boi, but here it is:

Feel free to add you own thoughts and comments! :D

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's here.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
It's here.

I still can't believe Dark Meta Knight is a dream "friend", the guy's loyal to Dark Mind/Mirror Dark Matter lol.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I still can't believe Dark Meta Knight is a dream "friend", the guy's loyal to Dark Mind/Mirror Dark Matter lol.
The in-game text is probably going to be just as confused as we are, ahaha... (It makes sense though, he’s the most logical pick for an Amazing Mirror rep.)
So, for gameplay, one of the few things I could see from that trailer is that standing inside the mirror seems to be his guarding animation, as you can hear the guard sound effect when he goes back into the mirror.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Dear god, I hope that four swords attack isn't actually one of his moves... that seems like it would be obscenely OP, even by Kirby standards. It's like an Ultra Sword you can just pull out of your pocket at any time.

Troykv

Smash Master
Dear god, I hope that four swords attack isn't actually one of his moves... that seems like it would be obscenely OP, even by Kirby standards. It's like an Ultra Sword you can just pull out of your pocket at any time.
Maybe is a super-chargable thing like the Marx's Dark Hole? XDU

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Maybe is a super-chargable thing like the Marx's Dark Hole? XDU
If we assume the tiny little clip they provided is accurate to gameplay, it doesn’t look like it’s chargeable, but, at the same time, it seems to have notable starting lag between when the mirrors appear and when the swords appear. We’ll have to wait and see if the mirrors themselves have hitboxes though (since everything in Kirby has hitboxes...)

(It’s hard to call that ultra OP when he have things like some of Marx’s elemental ball drops, which are not quite as disjointed but are also ultra spammy, ahaha...)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped as heck for this, but...I don't know...I still think it's a bit odd that a total jerk like Dark Meta Knight, who was pretty much responsible for all of the terrible things that occurred in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Kirby Triple Deluxe (The events of the latter game in particular, were more or less part of his revenge plot against Kirby and Meta Knight, what with him corrupting a once nice character beyond redemption (Queen Sectonia) in the process), is suddenly helping out Kirby and his friends. Honestly, it's even more of a stretch to me than Marx joining the gang.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Maybe they will give us an explanation.

But, I don't really expect something that makes a lot of sense haha.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys finally convinced me:

I was skeptical on several aspects, but now that my questions have answered, I will take the risk on banking on Dee. Although, I am a little nervous about my decision. I plan on making a Bandanna Dee analysis today, but I finally adding him to my prediction roster. Look forward to that analysis soon.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

I was skeptical on several aspects, but now that my questions have answered, I will take the risk on banking on Dee. Although, I am a little nervous about my decision. I plan on making a Bandanna Dee analysis today, but I finally adding him to my prediction roster. Look forward to that analysis soon.
That is awesome :) You can most definitely count me in as excited.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

That was my major problem with your roster, good to see that it's changed. I have a few minor gripes with a few characters here (Hanafuda, Kawashima), but I can accept them (Every Smash does have a few random characters)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I still don't understand why Bandana Dee had an important role in the story of Kirby Battle Royale, but he is not playable in the multiplayer mode and instead they used a normal Parasol Waddle Dee.

I also don't understand why he uses the Parasol ability when the Spear ability is in the game.
Waddle Dees make sounds and Meta Knight sounds like an old man.

It's a pretty weird game tbh haha.

EDIT:

I think I know why Bandana Dee is not playable and a Waddle Dee is... alternate costumes.
The game has a lot of hats for the characters, and if you change Bandana Dee's bandana with another hat, it would be weird that he would still be called Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I still don't understand why Bandana Dee had an important role in the story of Kirby Battle Royale, but he is not playable in the multiplayer mode and instead they used a normal Parasol Waddle Dee.

I also don't understand why he uses the Parasol ability when the Spear ability is in the game.
Waddle Dees make sounds and Meta Knight sounds like an old man.

It's a pretty weird game tbh haha.

EDIT:

I think I know why Bandana Dee is not playable and a Waddle Dee is... alternate costumes.
The game has a lot of hats for the characters, and if you change Bandana Dee's bandana with another hat, it would be weird that he would still be called Bandana Waddle Dee.
not if he was wearing the hat over the bandana

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
little clip of dark meta knight

His reflected projectile stars look like Dark Nebula, I doubt Daroach will like him very much. :troll:

Also,
Sakurai is going to announce something apparently.

We all know what this means right?
Bandana Dee confirmed.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Going to announce something huh?

It is near the end of Nintendo's E3 conference, no mention of Smash at all yet. Suddenly, the lights darken, and Sakurai walks onto the stage.

"It has been a while since we've announced anything for Super Smash Bros. since our Nintendo Direct in March. Today however, we have something wonderful to tell you all."

The audience goes dead silent.

"Super"

"Smash"

"Bros."

"..."

"for Wii U, for Switch."

Everyone is silent.

"Coming with an all new Smash Tour Plus mode."

"We hope you have enjoyed our E3 conference. That is all we have to share for now. Have a good night, and please never ask me for anything ever again."

Sakurai walks off the stage, never to be seen again.
:162:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Bandana Dee.
Yes. Yes. YES.

Take all my yesses, he's a great choice for Smash.

Not only would he be the first spear welder, but going how he played in Return to Dreamland, he's pratically BUILT for Smash Bros.

Not gonna, if there's one series bias I don't mind from Sakurai, it's gotta be Kirby.

There won't be much for me to say else, otherwise.

Full Support!

It is near the end of Nintendo's E3 conference, no mention of Smash at all yet. Suddenly, the lights darken, and Sakurai walks onto the stage.

"It has been a while since we've announced anything for Super Smash Bros. since our Nintendo Direct in March. Today however, we have something wonderful to tell you all."

"Super"

"Smash"

"Bros."

"..."

"for Wii U, for Switch."

Everyone is silent.

"We hope you have enjoyed our E3 conference. That is all we have to share for now. Have a good night, and please never ask me for anything ever again."

Deelete this. NOW.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Only a week away until Bandana Dee isn't shown at E3 and we all start worrying and trying to rationalize how his reveal will work...

hahahahaha ;-;

Please don't have me go through the pain that was Q3 2014 please, Sakurai

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Only a week away until Bandana Dee isn't shown at E3 and we all start worrying and trying to rationalize how his reveal will work...

hahahahaha ;-;

Please don't have me go through the pain that was Q3 2014 please, Sakurai
It's only 7 days from now it's not like it's eating away at me or anything like baka!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
>There was a projection of Hyper Zone on the floor last update
>In order for there to be a projection of something, the thing being projected must exist, therefore Hyper Zone is actually out there somewhere
>This means Zero reincarnated post Star Allies's main story
>E3 is approaching and we'll likely see more of Wave 2 there
>E3
>3

Holy ravioli, Zero-Three is actually happening.

"Super"

"Smash"

"Bros."

"..."

"for Wii U, for Switch."

Everyone is silent.

Screenshot_49.png

D

Deleted member

You know i was wondering about the possibility of Bandanna Dee beign confirmed before Meta Knight or maybe even Dedede. I mean of course Kirby will be the first to be confirmed, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Dee came third or even second.

I do wish to see Badnanna Dee in Smash as soon as possible, and i would love him to be reveale.......

"Super"

"Smash"

"Bros."

"..."

"for Wii U, for Switch."

Everyone is silent.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Smash 5 Final Prediction Roster.png

This is my final roster prediction, with the bottom 6 being the DLC candidates.

Newcomers:
  • Bandana Dee
  • King K. Rool
  • Decidueye
  • Ridley
  • Simon Belmont
  • Bomberman
  • Sans
  • Lyn
  • Inkling
  • Springman
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Shovel Knight

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
It's just 2 more days the suspense is killing me more over I got to work on that day :/ things are going to be spoiled I just know it

Top Bottom