• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Otoad64

Smash Lord
At this point BWD and Dixie are the last first party characters I'm really hoping for DLC wise. With Impa discounted via the spirit event and various others out for numerous reasons, these two are the only ones that I'd really want and think have some sort of shot.
my most wanted first parties are BWD and Toad but at this point I feel like the most likely 1st parties are promo fighters. Could easily be wrong though

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
my most wanted first parties are BWD and Toad but at this point I feel like the most likely 1st parties are promo fighters. Could easily be wrong though
Who thought ARMS had a chance before March 2020? Some people even thought it would secretly be an ARMS 2 ad because they couldn't let go of the idea that a first-party DLC fighter had to promote a super recent game.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
At this point BWD and Dixie are the last first party characters I'm really hoping for DLC wise. With Impa discounted via the spirit event and various others out for numerous reasons, these two are the only ones that I'd really want and think have some sort of shot.
Sadly, I don't think those two have a chance of being DLC.
The first party line-up is just depressing... we got four Nintendo reps:
  • Two are from a franchise that the Smash fandom has a hatred for. (Corrin and Byleth)
  • A Mario enemy (Piranha Plant)
  • A character to rep a game with springy arms due to not getting in base roster. (Min-Min)
Wish we got more 1st parties as DLC.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Who thought ARMS had a chance before March 2020? Some people even thought it would secretly be an ARMS 2 ad because they couldn't let go of the idea that a first-party DLC fighter had to promote a super recent game.
arms is still a reletively recent game. I feel like Rex & Pyra are the most likely first parties honestly. Really hope i'm wrong though.
basically I don't see them adding pre switch first parties. Again, really hope i'm wrong

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Bandana Waddle Dee is the main first-party I'm interested in. If we get him, I'll be less wary about all the third-parties we're getting. Though for the most part, I wouldn't mind more first-parties after him.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey guys, for the sake of recording stuff does anyone have that interview where they said Bandana Dee was going to have an extra mode? I need that link for another conversation.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
It looks like our favorite waddle dee is in for the encounter of his life! I was just thinking about the Krystal support thread, and how she is a spear user... What if, to boost the reception of Bandana Waddle Dee (I only use capital letters if I believe the character is non-generic), a reveal 'trailer' advertises him as a formidable opponent to the already 'confirmed,' seasoned space warrior? I can imagine his small size and a potential spear twirling reflector being able to make him a hard target for ranged attacks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It looks like our favorite waddle dee is in for the encounter of his life! I was just thinking about the Krystal support thread, and how she is a spear user... What if, to boost the reception of Bandana Waddle Dee (I only use capital letters if I believe the character is non-generic), a reveal 'trailer' advertises him as a formidable opponent to the already 'confirmed,' seasoned space warrior? I can imagine his small size and a potential spear twirling reflector being able to make him a hard target for ranged attacks.
she uses a staff

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Long time since I posted here eh?

As I said in the RTC thread I think there’s some things worth keeping an eye on for Dee and it’s not as doom and gloom as it may seem. I also want to say try not letting the people against Dee bring your spirits down, I know it can be overwhelming (especially in times like these) but I find it’s best to stick to your guns and block people like those out, as long as you know what Bandana Dee means to you that’s really all that should matter. Don’t lose sight of that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And there are still people acting like :ultminmin is a promotional pick just to act like she belongs in the same category as:ultcorrin::ultbyleth: when really she is an outlier.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hey do you Want to know Bandana Waddle Dee´s German Name ? its Waddle dee Assistent (Waddle dee Assistant)!
I dont Know why the KSSU Translators changed it, i mean Bandana is used in Germany for the exact same thing ,Probbably the same Reason why the Words Revenge(Rache)/Galacta(Galaxischer?) and Soul(seele) were Changed to Ultra!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey do you Want to know Bandana Waddle Dee´s German Name ? its Waddle dee Assistent (Waddle dee Assistant)!
I dont Know why the KSSU Translators changed it, i mean Bandana is used in Germany for the exact same thing ,Probbably the same Reason why the Words Revenge(Rache)/Galacta(Galaxischer?) and Soul(seele) were Changed to Ultra!
well to be fair he was pretty much Kirby’s assistant in triple deluxe and planet robobot

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I find it funny that 1st and 2nd party picks are somehow seen as advertisements or shill picks because they come from...Nintendo. Like, what??? That makes no sense in the dlc smash community. Even calling Byleth that is a bit of a stretch because Three Houses was likely already considered to have some form of representation.

That being said, the idea that a Nintendo pick is purely advertisement based is stupid. Corrin was added because Fire Emblem's popularity has skyrocketed after Awakening and they felt the new game would probably have similar success, even if it didn't. Makes me wonder how people would act if a Sword and Shield rep got in smash, considering the gigantic divide in community it brought with it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I find it funny that 1st and 2nd party picks are somehow seen as advertisements or shill picks because they come from...Nintendo. Like, what??? That makes no sense in the dlc smash community. Even calling Byleth that is a bit of a stretch because Three Houses was likely already considered to have some form of representation.

That being said, the idea that a Nintendo pick is purely advertisement based is stupid. Corrin was added because Fire Emblem's popularity has skyrocketed after Awakening and they felt the new game would probably have similar success, even if it didn't. Makes me wonder how people would act if a Sword and Shield rep got in smash, considering the gigantic divide in community it brought with it.
oh im sure they would still call sword and shield a shill pick. although according to sakurai corrin got in cause the whole smash team was playing fates at the time. also sakurai loves fire emblem. but if nintendo were wanting to shill their own characters then surely all the dlc characters would be nintendo characters?

Otoad64

Smash Lord

people don't see them as advertisements just because they come from nintendo, it's because they come from very recent games. if they had added a Fire Emblem character from an older game people would have less of a problem with it because it doesn't look like an advertisement, it doesn't look like nintendo are just putting them in because they want little timmy to go into the store and buy three houses or sun & moon because they recognize one of the characters from smash bros. if they added a sword & shield rep they would react the same way, because even if they also got in for other reasons it's still pretty clear they also want to shine the spotlight on characters from the most recent pokemon and most people would rather one of the older pokemon get added.

though if they are calling the very idea of a first party a shill then that's pretty stupid

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

One thing to keep in mind is that when Corrin was announced, Fire Emblem Fates hadn't been released anywhere in the world but Japan at that point. (plus, Corrin was explicitly included to promote an upcoming game)

As for Byleth, the whole "advertising" aspect seems to come from the fact that Rex (whose game was announced January 2017 and released December 2017) was too late to be included in Smash, while Byleth (whose game was announced (as a placeholder, meaning that they likely weren't far in development) January 2017, revealed (given an actual title and details) on June 2018, and released July 2019) made it in, which (coupled with Roy and Corrin) makes it seem like they're once again using Smash to promote Fire Emblem.

With Min Min, it seems like a stretch to call her a promotional pick, but the lead up to her announcement likely got more people talking about ARMS than the game itself ever did, which seems like it could have been their intent.

While characters like Bandanna Dee, Dixie Kong, etc. likely wouldn't be dismissed as a promotional pick (they've got a long history behind them rather than being tied to one specific game, there's no games that they'd be promoting, etc.), Nintendo seems to have a track record when it comes to new first party DLC characters. (seeing as three of the four newcomers could be arguably seen as promoting something, and the fourth is Piranha Plant)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With Min Min, it seems like a stretch to call her a promotional pick, but the lead up to her announcement likely got more people talking about ARMS than the game itself did, which seems like it could have been their intent.
It's just easier to say "Min Min isn't a shill" than "Min Min didn't debut super-super-super-super recently".

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's funny how certain people call DLC Nintendo characters as promotional picks, but never call any 3rd party characters as promotional picks. Joker came out near Persona 5: Royal's release, Hero came out near Dragon Quest XI's release on the Switch, and Sephiroth came out near the releases of the FF7's Switch port release. But no, it's only Nintendo characters who are promotional or shill picks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's funny how certain people call DLC Nintendo characters as promotional picks, but never call any 3rd party characters as promotional picks. Joker came out near Persona 5: Royal's release, Hero came out near Dragon Quest XI's release on the Switch, and Sephiroth came out near the releases of the FF7's Switch port release. But no, it's only Nintendo characters who are promotional or shill picks.
to be fair going by that video if sephiroth was promoting anything it was advent children

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I love this thread its so friendly!
I better put my (sadly still German) Kirby Comic here

It takes place before Kirbys Dreamland 1

If you dont read German look at the pictures:

Kirby Comic 1 Logo.png

Kirby Comic Kapitel 1.png

For everyone Wodering The 2 Poopy Bros sr are Kirbys Adoptive Parents in this version (because Poppy bros are called Pippo Peng and the Sr ones are called Papi Peng (Daddy Peng) Peng is basicly Bum)

The Yellow kirby is Keeby (who isnt really a Character in the games but its a Fan comic so yeah) and is "female" uses Sie/she

And Buddy Waddle Dee he is no important character nooooooo and his initials dont mean anything😛

Top Bottom