• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I want to know what someone who doesnt know Kirby thinks about Bandana Waddle Dee!
From what I can tell from interactions on social media, people seem to think his body type being similar to Kirby might influence his moveset, for whatever reason. I mean, sure. that's a possibility, but Jigglypuff does that and still ends up with an entire different playstyle. Not to mention, sometimes Waddle Dees are shown to be ever so slightly bigger than Kirby.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
From what I can tell from interactions on social media, people seem to think his body type being similar to Kirby might influence his moveset, for whatever reason. I mean, sure. that's a possibility, but Jigglypuff does that and still ends up with an entire different playstyle. Not to mention, sometimes Waddle Dees are shown to be ever so slightly bigger than Kirby.
I'd imagine he could reuse a couple animations, like the walking or jumping, or at least have Kirby's model as a base. Smash reuses animations fairly often to make things easier, like how Joker has Sheik's up air and Min Min reused Captain Falcon's skeleton. Obviously, Bandana Dee would be unique, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he had some Kirby elements in him.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I'd imagine he could reuse a couple animations, like the walking or jumping, or at least have Kirby's model as a base. Smash reuses animations fairly often to make things easier, like how Joker has Sheik's up air and Min Min reused Captain Falcon's skeleton. Obviously, Bandana Dee would be unique, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he had some Kirby elements in him.
It would be great if Bandana Dee also managed to get moves that Kirby should've gotten, like the common Slide move from the games.
But yeah though, stuff like walking and jumping would probably be borrowed/inspired by Kirby.

He wouldn't be an outright Echo of Kirby though, like some people have actually said in the past.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It would be great if Bandana Dee also managed to get moves that Kirby should've gotten, like the common Slide move from the games.
But yeah though, stuff like walking and jumping would probably be borrowed/inspired by Kirby.

He wouldn't be an outright Echo of Kirby though, like some people have actually said in the past.
It's impossible for anyone to be a Echo of Kirby.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and in all fairness, Bandana Dee does actually copy and paste Kirby's base animations in Star Allies as well (I think most, if not all of the regular Helpers do too actually), stuff like his Idle, walk, run, jump, and slide animations. Since Ultimate updated Kirby's jumping and running animations to be more accurate to the RttD-styled games, it technically would be relatively accurate to reuse those animations for Dee as well. They'd definitely use Kirby as a base, but I hope that they'd at least give Bandana Dee's animations more of a personal touch, maybe taking cues from different Waddle Dee animations throughout the series.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
mr game and watch ist relly a character, just a composite of of nameless sprites
I guess but keeby is in pesonality abiltiy and looks identical to kirby and is already in smash

and shadow kirby also makes more sense as a Skin Gooey was agood choice even thourgh he works more as a semi clone!
(ps can i copy a dark matter Moveset to this Thread?)

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I don't think this is worth taking too seriously. It's like a joke about people with anime profile pics--doesn't mean they're mocking all anime fans.
Yea, but people will take this as reason to go after Bandana Dee fans. Any way to give themselves a target to blame, even though it's all just opinions on a gray matter.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Considiring hes talking about Etikons!
What are your opinions on the sadly Dead Etika!
I mean I didnt find his Videos that Good also he hates Bandana Dee
so i dont understand why people thought he was completly awesome?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Considiring hes talking about Etikons!
What are your opinions on the sadly Dead Etika!
I mean I didnt find his Videos that Good also he hates Bandana Dee
so i dont understand why people thought he was completly awesome?
I don't recommend saying that in other parts. Gonna get you in trouble.

Well I think it's because most loved his reaction vids and similar things. He did become a meme for a time iirc.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't recommend saying that in other parts. Gonna get you in trouble.

Well I think it's because most loved his reaction vids and similar things. He did become a meme for a time iirc.
Thanks for the warning
i think reaction(his aswell) can be alright but there are better youtubers for example
Mistare Fusion(Makes Disecctions of Japanese Media Dragon Ball Dissection is so good really watch it
Lookslikelink German Zelda Youtuber has letsplayed EVERY Zelda Game yeah this includes Tingle 1+2 Zelda Cdi and Zelda Game and Watch
if you can understand german i would suggest watching some of his Videos (not the really old ones)
Edit:
Edit Edit: Sorry for Off Topic

Last edited:
Top Bottom