• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think Another Dimesion would be the stage that comes with Bandana Waddle Dee at this point. It has become pretty important in terms of lore and has been in two games now with this.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
SUSIE!!!!!!!

I need to beat this game already...I love what they're doing with it!!!

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Derrick actually really wants Bandana Dee for the same reasons as us, and thinks he'll be in the game for the same reason as us.

Also, don't boycott GameXplain because two of their members dislike a character you like. That is very childish and immature.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Don't go to the comment section of GXP video unless you're willing to go through a Marx Vs. Dee deba- I mean flame war.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Susie looks so good! I can't get over her! She's my favorite modern Kirby character, I think. I loved Robobot so much. I want Bandana Dee and Dark Matter and maybe Adeleine in Smash before her but let me tell you as soon as Wave 3 drops she is going to be permanently in my party.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Susie looks so good! I can't get over her! She's my favorite modern Kirby character, I think. I loved Robobot so much. I want Bandana Dee and Dark Matter and maybe Adeleine in Smash before her but let me tell you as soon as Wave 3 drops she is going to be permanently in my party.
Same here, I love Susie. I plan to bring her and Taranza to that new mode they introduced too. This news came out of nowhere and I'm still shaking. There's also something to look forward to before the release of Ultimate.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Man I normally love gameXplain but they still absolutely REFUSE to give Bandanna Dee any credit, like every time man.
Actually, this is the kindest I've seen them be to our Waddle Warrior. Don't get me wrong, they're still calling him generic (aside from his one defender), but they are at least acknowledging he has a shot. I suppose... I have you to thank, :ultpiranha:, so, uh, thanks I guess, Piranha Plant.

I boycotted GXP after that Bandana Video.

and also....

now the fun REALLY begins....

Alright, I will admit that at first, I didn't like Bandana Dee's chances... but with this... hope has returned to me. This is a meaningful update, not just adding more characters, the game has expanded, like Sonic Mania + to Sonic Mania. This spells good things for Dee, I can almost feel it, something Nintendo can advertise with the character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spider is one of my favorite new abilities and Taranza is one of the DLC I've been looking forward to the most

He looks fun

ESP + Spider + Plant = Taranza? Definitely one of my people on my main squad

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
What's going to happen is we're going to get some lame-*** FE fighter, but then they tease Dee in the next reveal.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This is it chief.

I hope the difficulty is significantly harder.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>now you can control every Dream Friend
>Prince Fluff and Elline are SOL
I can understand a bit, since their games are unusual by Kirby standards.

Same here, I love Susie. I plan to bring her and Taranza to that new mode they introduced too. This news came out of nowhere and I'm still shaking. There's also something to look forward to before the release of Ultimate.
And I love the fact she isn't given the :ultbowserjr:treatment like most people assumed. One thing for sure is though, this is the second time she's had to set her grudge with Kirby aside, so I bet that she'll be making at least another game appearance going forward. She might become the next Fawful.

That makes no sense. Sakurai said all characters have been chosen so adding support to a character that has just now been added to a game is, frankly, pointless.
Counterpoint: support your character NOW, so that they can be considered for the next game after Ultimate.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I posted this in the Geno thread, but it applies here as well. Just something I wanted to point out.

Going back to Nintendo for a moment, lots of people are underestimating their judgement when it comes to choosing appropriate characters for DLC. Nintendo knows how Smash Bros. works, they are aware of the fans obviously due to massive sales the series always receives. What it really boils down to is making a profit (as many always point out, they are business). When it comes to Smash Bros., there are generally two audiences: casual and hardcore. In order to maximize profits, I believe Nintendo chose characters that would appeal to both audiences. For example, perhaps they chose a generic enemy as one character, and then someone like Geno or Banjo (hopefully both) for another. I don't think we should lose faith in Nintendo's decisions, we just have to see how it all plays out; Nintendo has been very good with handling DLC these past few years. They're not stupid, they're not ignorant, and for the most part they aren't disconnected from their fans.

Also, we have to take into account that Sakurai will be choosing from the list of characters Nintendo provides. If Nintendo makes a bunch of dumb choices, I'm sure Sakurai has the power to reject characters until they get it right, being the director of Smash and whatnot. Only time will tell what will happen, but don't lose all hope for Geno and your other favorite characters just because Sakurai isn't choosing the characters. Nintendo ain't dumb when it comes to DLC.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Something I've been thinking about recently, what do you guys think of the idea of a reboot of the Kirby anime? Perhaps they could move on to another villain like Dark Matter as the main antagonist. What I'm more curious about though, if they did reboot the anime, what would Bandana Dee's role be? Would they replace Escargoon, or would Dedede have both of them at his side?

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Something I've been thinking about recently, what do you guys think of the idea of a reboot of the Kirby anime? Perhaps they could move on to another villain like Dark Matter as the main antagonist. What I'm more curious about though, if they did reboot the anime, what would Bandana Dee's role be? Would they replace Escargoon, or would Dedede have both of them at his side?
Villain: Dark Matter
BWD's Role: Probably replacing the role of Waddle Doo and/or be King Dedede's advisor.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well if it were up to me id have dark matter be the main villain and have meta knight and kirby training a new generation of star warriors one of whom would be bandana waddle dee

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee would probably be a rookie in Dedede's army, and he'd be scolded often for screwing stuff up by Waddle Doo. He'd probably get slowly unsure about his position, becoming more suspicious about Dedede, and ends up playing a key role in an episode. With him saving Kirby from certain doom and allowing Kirby to use his spear. (I know it kinda contradicts his role in Superstar Ultra, but I personally see Dee as a closer ally to Kirby than 3D. Starting of as 3D's ally and then becoming Kirby's makes some amount of sense in my book.)
After that he'd probably stick around close to Kirby, but he probably wouldn't be considered part of Dedede's army anymore. He'd probably be a bit close to Meta Knight and see him as a new role model, and probably practicing spear moves on his own to become more confident.

I'd also probably put Dark Matter as the main villain. Magolor would probably be a local merchant of "foreign goods", and Taranza and Sectonia would probably have their own episode. Haltmann and Susie would probably be local scientists. Also a seperate movie dedicated to the Dimension Mirror and Dark Mind.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I legitimately don't think there will be another Smash game after Ultimate. Nothing they do will reach the bar it sets, and millions of people will be disappointed like never before.
Hey, I’ve already been disappointed like never before, so I’m all for a new release whenever.

But seriously, if you think they won’t make another game in this highly successful franchise, you’re taking crazy pills. They’ll just temper expectations upfront (or, hey, maybe they’ll actually surpass them)

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Hey, I’ve already been disappointed like never before, so I’m all for a new release whenever.

But seriously, if you think they won’t make another game in this highly successful franchise, you’re taking crazy pills. They’ll just temper expectations upfront (or, hey, maybe they’ll actually surpass them)
I am honestly expecting that Ultimate will just get ported and have a bunch of stuff added to it.

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I whipped up some alt ideas for Bandana Dee today, and thought I'd like to share them here!

1-3 (from left to right) are Rainbow Curse colors and 4 was an unused fifth player alt, 5 is based on a costume from Battle Royale, 6 is Gameboy grayscale-themed, 7 is a combination of a blue palette swap Waddle Dee from Nightmare in Dreamland and Dedede's colors, and 8 is based on a Halcandran Dee.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Hello! I whipped up some alt ideas for Bandana Dee today, and thought I'd like to share them here!

1-3 (from left to right) are Rainbow Curse colors and 4 was an unused fifth player alt, 5 is based on a costume from Battle Royale, 6 is Gameboy grayscale-themed, 7 is a combination of a blue palette swap Waddle Dee from Nightmare in Dreamland and Dedede's colors, and 8 is based on a Halcandran Dee.
Thank you! These are some amazing alts!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The undeniable evidence that he's been shafting Kirby for over a decade.
Has he? I mean, think about this logically: In Brawl, there was very little post-Sakurai content he could even pull from. Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad (I know what you're thinking: "Where's Amazing Mirror?" However, Sakurai did work on Mirror, even if it was in a lesser role). And SS got a full track, and partial appearance in the Boss Medley in Brawl. Also of note, he gave HAL Labs the Halberd model he made for Brawl for them to use in Super Star Ultra. For Smash 4, there was: CC, SS, SSU, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, and Return to Dream Land. HOWEVER: Work on Smash 4 began approximately the end of 2011. Only about a month and a half to two months after Return released. For that fourth character slot, there were three logical choices: Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor, and Galacta Knight. BWD and Magolor were unproven in popularity by that point (and hell, BWD didn't even have a name yet, he was just Waddle Dee), so I daresay at the time of the Smash 4 project plan, Galacta Knight was the most likely, and even then, he had only appeared in two games. Not a whole lot to go off of. It is unfortunate that we lost the Epic Yarn stage, which would have helped, but it's unfair to call Sakurai biased against Kirby for not having one stage. So again, he did the best he could with the content available to him: Magolor, the Lor Starcutter, and Galacta all made it in as trophies, MK got a Galacta-inspired alt (which wasn't great, but it was something), Kirby got his Ultra Sword Final Smash, and some Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe tracks were in the base-game. Bandana Waddle Dee shot up in popularity towards late 2014-early 2015, which helped in the ballot, but said ballot was never meant for Smash 4. Even then, with the DLC, we got a returning Kirby stage, with more Triple Deluxe tracks. And while BWD isn't in the base-game for Ultimate, he has perhaps the biggest chance of any Nintendo first-party right now for DLC. So it's a bit unfair to say he's been shafting the Kirby series since Brawl, since there was very little pull from in Brawl.

Top Bottom