• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Do you guys think we could be seeing a Bandana Dee amiibo for Star Allies along with all the other Dream friends, instead of it being for Smash.
I've considered the possibility of that happening recently, with the Amiibo datamining of Wooly World, if that still even is trustworthy.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we could be seeing a Bandana Dee amiibo for Star Allies along with all the other Dream friends, instead of it being for Smash.
I've considered the possibility of that happening recently, with the Amiibo datamining of Wooly World, if that still even is trustworthy.
That's possible, but I don't know how likely it is. Amiibo already have a function in the game, although nothing is stopping them from adding a new feature. I think if we are trusting the wooly world datamine though, I would believe it would be for smash. Another thing to consider is if the wooly world team were aware that both amiibo lines would be in production. We already have smash amiibo prototypes, and the roster was decided most likely in late 2015. The smash team already knew they were going to have new amiibo for the game while I doubt the Star Allies team did.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I feel like, if Star Allies was gonna have its own set of amiibo, they would’ve already announced it. I don’t consider the chances of Star Allies amiibo being high.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Decided to make this for fun. Not meant to be taken to literal, but I felt like making a meme for the three biggest signs pointing at him being playable. Feel free to spread it, tho I wouldn't recommend it using it in serious debates.
I don't really trust the Wooly World amiibo thing, the guy who say that is a famous troll and he said it only affected Daisy and not Waddle Dee.

I would replace the Wooly World box for the Smash Ballot.
We know Dee had at least a decent amount of votes (he was probably the most popular Kirby character), and that the Smash Ballot will be used for this game.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I don't really trust the Wooly World amiibo thing, the guy who say that is a famous troll and he said it only affected Daisy and not Waddle Dee.

We know Dee had at least a decent amount of votes (he was probably the most popular Kirby character), and that the Smash Ballot will be used for this game.
I don't know much about datamining or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed his datamine is legit. Here is the link to memoryman3's original post.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442
I'm not sure if it confirms Bandana Dee, as he could always get another amiibo, but it certainly helps his chances. The ballot is a big factor pointing his possible inclusion though, so I would replace the Star Allies description. It could really mean anything.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know much about datamining or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed his datamine is legit. Here is the link to memoryman3's original post.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442
I'm not sure if it confirms Bandana Dee, as he could always get another amiibo, but it certainly helps his chances. The ballot is a big factor pointing his possible inclusion though, so I would replace the Star Allies description. It could really mean anything.
But people on gamefaqs asked his alt (BossPackun, because memoryman3 was banned) and he said the datamine only affects Daisy because Waddle Dee was correctly in the data with the Animal Crossing amiibo or whatever.

I don't know... I will personally not believe it hahaha.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
But people on gamefaqs asked his alt (BossPackun, because memoryman3 was banned) and he said the datamine only affects Daisy because Waddle Dee was correctly in the data with the Animal Crossing amiibo or whatever.

I don't know... I will personally not believe it hahaha.
I've been trying to look up information about the datamine, but i'm confused. Did the leak imply that Waddle Dee was getting another amiibo at some point, or not at all? I saw Memoryman3 was making a big deal about the order and that it only affected Daisy or something, but I'm not sure what any of it means haha. Also, I believe he closed his account due to it impacting his life negatively, but I guess he couldn't handle being away from gamefaqs oof.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I've been trying to look up information about the datamine, but i'm confused. Did the leak imply that Waddle Dee was getting another amiibo at some point, or not at all? I saw Memoryman3 was making a big deal about the order and that it only affected Daisy or something, but I'm not sure what any of it means haha. Also, I believe he closed his account due to it impacting his life negatively, but I guess he couldn't handle being away from gamefaqs oof.
I don't know, I don't really understand that data haha.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

assuming supporters of different characters didnt rig it

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
assuming supporters of different characters didnt rig it
I highly doubt the ballot was rigged in any major way, but I think you're right about doubting the ballot results. We really have no idea what the actual results are, despite the fan polls. I still think it's safe to say he was the best performing Kirby character though, and considering Kirby is a very accessible and popular series he could have been a popular vote among casual smashers.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, I've heard data that could suggest Bandana Dee's inclusion. Due to another possible Amiibo, could mean something. Could not but regardless, hope it points to something.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I highly doubt the ballot was rigged in any major way, but I think you're right about doubting the ballot results. We really have no idea what the actual results are, despite the fan polls. I still think it's safe to say he was the best performing Kirby character though, and considering Kirby is a very accessible and popular series he could have been a popular vote among casual smashers.
well the whole ballot thing left me a little pessimistic im sure bandana dee is the most popular kirby newcomer but as everyone had seemingly infinite votes the less popular characters could have wounf up with more votes, theres no way that thing was the most popular choice

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
I made a account just for this thread put me on the support thingy

I had a idea for a bandana dee reveal
It’s in a stadium of waddle dees and toads watching Kirby and Mario fight
Captain toad and bandana dee come out of the stands and knock out Mario and Kirby and then fight along with a gameplay montage

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I had a idea for a bandana dee reveal
It’s in a stadium of waddle dees and toads watching Kirby and Mario fight
Captain toad and bandana dee come out of the stands and knock out Mario and Kirby and then fight along with a gameplay montage
Sounds good!

But just some advice, don't double post.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...would the bandana Dee wears have any patterns/aesthetic upgrades to it like Rosalina's star pattern on her dress?

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hmm...would the bandana Dee wears have any patterns/aesthetic upgrades to it like Rosalina's star pattern on her dress?
I can see it having extra stitching, and possibly a light pattern, though it would need to be subtle. Putting the Dedede logo on it somewhere would be the best bet.

Oh, and a Cleaning-style alt would make a ton of sense.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Cool, I’m 218th.

Hope Bandana Dee's chances are good we'll find out in due good timing. But I believe he has a chance.
He apparently took 2nd in Japan, so I say that’s pretty good. He’s also unique as he’d be the only spear user.

If I had to list my most wanted characters for Smash and their chances it would go
1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Highly Likely)
2. Endless Ocean Diver (Low to non-existent chance)
3. Rayman (Highly Likely)
4. Shadow the Hedgehog (Could be an echo?)
6. Celica (Highly Likely)
7. Octoling (Could be an echo?)
8. Mimikyu (Highly Likely, but depends on gen 8 representation)
9. Dixie Kong (Highly Likely)
10. Captain Toad (Highly Likely)

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
An alt could switch the umbrella and bandana,another with beige or GameBoy green,or black and white,a magalor pattern,Marx pattern,and one with the halt man words company logo or an eyeball one to be waddle doo(my head cannon is the waddle dee in the beginning of milky way wishes is bandana dee and so is the 64 one)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The color scheme is simple enough for each palette swap to just change the color of the bandana, and Dee's red. For ones based on specific things, you could have a Sailor Waddle Dee alt, as well as a Gold Waddle Dee.

Deespacito

Smash Rookie
Aye lads, you might remember me from the Smash 4 Hypetrain as Fanged Sniper or something like that, well I lost my password but I found my love for the Dee! I'm glad to be back, and from what I remember you guys were honestly the chillest fangroup on the boards at the time and I;m sure you still are!

That being said, the past 4 years have been very kind to ~ourboy~! I was taking to a friend about the Dee's rise in notoriety, and what with the Masked Dedede not having him and MemoryMan3's Daisy Amiibo data I convinced him that BWD has a chance. I'm looking forward to riding the hype train again with you all!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Aye lads, you might remember me from the Smash 4 Hypetrain as Fanged Sniper or something like that, well I lost my password but I found my love for the Dee! I'm glad to be back, and from what I remember you guys were honestly the chillest fangroup on the boards at the time and I;m sure you still are!

That being said, the past 4 years have been very kind to ~ourboy~! I was taking to a friend about the Dee's rise in notoriety, and what with the Masked Dedede not having him and MemoryMan3's Daisy Amiibo data I convinced him that BWD has a chance. I'm looking forward to riding the hype train again with you all!
Welcome back!

Also, 10/10 avatar.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I support Dee. Perfect 4th character for the Kirby series. Add me to the list! He's a charming little guy and I see no conflicting issues with him being in. I feel he's top 5 most likely newcomers.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Hope you don't mind, but I've created my own moveset for Dream Land's fiercest warrior!

Gimmick - Sweet Spot: Every move involving Bandana Dee's spear can hit a 'sweet spot', similar to Ridley's down special with less fatal results. Damage increases and knockback decreases. Play your cards wisely!

Entrance: A Puppet Waddle Dee starts waddling in from the background. After a few steps, A spear slices the façade in half, revealing that Bandana Dee was behind the curtain all along. He then takes fighter stance.
Idle 1: Nonchalantly looks around the environment.
Idle 2: Twirls his spear around in his tiny stub of a hand.

A: Swings his spear forward in an axe-like motion (2-3% DMG)
A Combo: Swings his spear forward, slices it downward, kicks forward his feet. Launches foes forward a good bit (6-8% DMG)
Rapid A: Similar to Meta Knight's, launches a series of spear slashes at lightning speed, damaging anyone in your radius (4-9% DMG)
Forward Tilt: Jabs his spear forward, doing decent damage but poor knockback (7-9% DMG)
Up Tilt: Swings his feet upwards and kicks two times. The first kick is more of a setup, while the second knocks opponents upwards (6-7% DMG)
Down Tilt: Performs a sweeping kick. Is equal in both knockback and damage but excels in neither (5-8% DMG)
Dash Attack: Performs the same sliding kick you can perform in Star Allies and acts like Mega Man's down tilt, with a longer startup, longer distance but slightly more damage input (5-9% DMG)
Edge Attack: Stabs his spear into the ground, flipping forward afterwards. The spear deals most of the damage, with the flip forwards causes weak knockback (6-9% DMG)

Forward Smash: Pulls out a Beam Wand, than releases a Beam Whip that does repetitious damage if you're caught in the snare. The charge not only increases the damage input, but the length as well (6-11% DMG)
Up Smash: Spins his spear upwards in the vein of Waddle Copter from RTDL, deals multiple hits and decent knockback but below-average damage (4-9% DMG)
Down Smash: Performs a Megaton Punch, the effect of which causes two shockwave flares to sprout on both sides of Bandana Dee. Does good knockback and damage at full charge (5-12% DMG)

Standard Aerial: Spins his spear around. Knocks opponents diagonally but does poor damage (1-3% DMG)
Forward Aerial: Kicks forward. Does fair damage and knocks opponents forward (2-4% DMG)
Back Aerial: Jabs his spear behind him. Does alright damage and knocks opponents downwards (3-6% DMG)
Up Aerial: Flip kick upwards. Does below-average damage and knocks opponents upwards (2-4% DMG)
Down Aerial: Pulls a reverse Waddle Copter and spins his spear downwards. Does alright damage and has a meteor effect on opponents (5-8% DMG)

Grab: Ensnares opponents in his bandana, functioning as a whip.
Pummel: Squeezes opponents trapped in the bandana (3% DMG)
Forward Throw: Spins opponent around before releasing them, launching them a 2/4 of Final Destination's worth of distance (4% DMG)
Back Throw: Unravels opponent behind him, then unleashes a roundhouse kick upon said opponent. Decent damage but poor distance (6% DMG)
Up Throw: Tosses the opponent up in the air, before jabbing them with the spearhead. Does decent damage and fair knockback if you hit the sweet spot (3% DMG)
Down Throw: Tackles opponents into the ground, unleashing multiple rapid stabs of the spear onto the foe. Strong damage but the knockback leaves something to be desired (12% DMG)

Neutral Special - Bomb Block: Bandana Dee summons a Bomb Block, which leads to a variety of options. Firstly, the Bomb Block can stay where you summoned it first, due to the factor it detonates after five seconds of being spawned. Secondly, BD can attack the Bomb Block, sending it forward to find someone to collapse (and eventually detonate, since time is still a factor) into. Thirdly, BD can dash into the Bomb Block to pick it up. He can from there throw the Bomb Block into someone, granting freer control. Finally, you can summon up to two more blocks (three total) to unleash more havoc. Used mostly as a trapping tool (6-20% DMG apiece)
Custom Neutral A - Star Block: Has most of the same functions as the Bomb Block, without the detonation factor. The key difference is you can place it in midair as a platform and as a tool to block people from recovering. Block stays in midair for five seconds (4-8% DMG apiece)
Custom Neutral B - Remote Bomb: Loses most of the aforementioned properties, but instead explodes when you press the button again.

Side Special - Spear Thrust: Bandana Dee lobs a miniature recreation of his spear forward (two if you hold the button). Acts as a projectile to keep opponents on their toes. Has an arc to it, so it's heavily encouraged to be used in midair. (4-10% DMG)
Custom Side A - Flaming Spear: The longer time it's in midair, the more the spear starts catching fire. If hit by the spear, the opponent gains a fire statis effect. Multiple cannot be used at a time, however. (5-12% DMG)
Custom Side B - Multi-Thrust: Throws forward multiple smaller spears at the same time. Longer build-up and BD is put in a fall state if used in midair.
(6-10% DMG)

Up Special - Lift Cannon: Bandana Dee summons a cannon to get that sweet recovery. Long start-up time but launches BD to about the same height of Rosalina's Launch Star.
Custom Up A - Turbo Cannon: Longer vertical distance, but no horizontal control.
Custom Up B - Shotzo Cannon: Shorter vertical distance, but it damages anyone in BD's path (2-4% DMG)

Down Special - Megaton Punch: Bandana Dee begins to charge a Megaton Punch for starters. The level of charge not only insinuates the level of damage, but also different status effects.
Lvl. I: The same properties as a uncharged Down Smash (6% DMG)
Lvl. 2: The same properties as a fully charged Down Smash (12% DMG)
Lvl. 3: Decent damage, but insane knockback (15% DMG)
Lvl. 4: Extreme damage, with a pitfall effect affecting anyone grounded within radius (19% DMG)
Custom Down A - Bouncehouse Punch: Less damage, with crazy vertical knockback (2-14% DMG)
Custom Down B - Shockwave Punch: Decent damage on all cylinders, and zero to no knockback, but at Lvl. 3/4 you release a paralysis effect on anyone within radius (4-16% DMG)

Final Smash: Dynablade's Fury: Bandana Dee holds up a piece of fruit, which acts as a crosshair for a familiar silhouette in the background. When the A button is pressed, BD will throw the fruit in the air, revealing Dynablade to be the mysterious shadow to swoop in from the background and inflict serious damage upon the opponent, almost an instant K.O. at higher percentages. Acts as a larger, more fatal Dragoon.

Well, hope you enjoy!
(P.S. Another concept I had for the grab was BD throwing a Friend Heart at the opponent, immobilizing them, but that seemed a little too convoluted.)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guess who (FINALLY) re-bought Kirby Air Ride AND is currently the proud owner of a copy of Kirby Returns to Dream Land?

Honestly, I can't wait to get a second Wii Remote (I used to have TWO working Wii-motes, but one of them got busted, so I only have one that works right now...) because my brother says he'd like to see just what all the hype surrounding Bandana Waddle Dee is about.

For the record, he doesn't hate the character or anything, he's just surprised a Waddle Dee of all things has stuck around this long as a prominent character and is even considered a main character along the ranks of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.

I'll try to make a believer out of him yet, so wish me luck!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
This is what I got from a translate website. What is... All friends helpers to leave! Today at the Nintendo Switch console game news 10th delivery 'Star arise special-channel'! 0000-star, 7/27 (Friday) added in the second free update of the delivery of useful features are talked about.Upon checking!

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
This is what I got from a translate website. What is... All friends helpers to leave! Today at the Nintendo Switch console game news 10th delivery 'Star arise special-channel'! 0000-star, 7/27 (Friday) added in the second free update of the delivery of useful features are talked about.Upon checking!
My guess is that the points made are:

Are there any Dream Friends left?
Check out the "Star Allies" Channel on the Nintendo News Channel!
The release of the update is July 27th

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
>0000-star
>0 Star
>0² and Dark Star

It's 100% happening. Dark Star confirmed! /s
Really though, I hope it's that memorable map at the end they mentioned for Adeleine and Ribbon's bonus mode.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wait what? THAT has been missing among all friend helpers?
In the Nintendo Switch News Section, the 10th "Star Allies Special Channel" will be delivered today!
This time, we will talk about the additional handy features in Guest Star ???? in the second wave free update on July 27. Please stay tuned!
Not quite accurate but the point is it's an announcement of an announcement, talking about some changes in the Guest Star mode.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Ppl think every character needs a gimmick and it’s stupid but if they do then bandana dees can switch the friend abilities he’s combined with(ice fire and spark to be the mage elements)

Ninja Fisto

Smash Rookie
Bandanna Dee is probably the most deserving Kirby character to get in Smash

Last edited:
Top Bottom