• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
BTW, you did see the post that announced B.D. getting his first TRUE plush, right? Just curious.

BTW, I was talking to my brother a few days about Kirby, and he said he would be....pretty surprised to B.D. in smash. He doesn't dislike by any means, but he doesn't think much of him. I had to remind him that B.D. (ever since SSU/Mass Attack) has appeared in EVERY game to date. I told him that not even the ANIMAL FRIENDS can claim that. Not to mention that Rainbow Curse marks the first time that B.D. has appeared in-game WITHOUT King Dedede.
Why does your brother not think much about him? Has he played the latest Kirby games yet?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
EDIT: Whoops, haha. :laugh: I got my browser tabs mixed up and posted some game impressions meant for another thread here. Sorry about that! :laugh:

Why does your brother not think much about him? Has he played the latest Kirby games yet?
I can only assume so. :p It's not like Bandana Waddle Dee hasn't been shown to be important at this point.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair...the most recent game we own is Super Star Ultra, game where. B.D. literally JUST started to become relvant....and even THAT'S on an emulator...That being said, I'd give ANYTHING to at east own RtD. If anyone has that, and they're not playing it anymore, I'd happy to take it off your hands..

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We've gotten another look at Bandana Waddle Dee's Tokyo Station-exclusive plush;

This gives us an idea of what the eventual regular version will look like, as the only differences in the Tokyo Station exclusives are the different-looking cheek-blushes, and the travel accessories.

EDIT: We now have a much better picture of Bandana Waddle Dee's Tokyo Station plush;

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On a side note, it's a shame Gooey is around no more, being replaced by multiple Kirbies.

Bandana makes a great sidekick too, more so for Kirby than his King these days.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
On a side note, it's a shame Gooey is around no more, being replaced by multiple Kirbies.

Bandana makes a great sidekick too, more so for Kirby than his King these days.
Yeah, the little fellow has really become an important character in the Kirby series hasn't he? The fact that he comes from my favorite Kirby minion race, the Waddle Dees just makes it better;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Japanese plush manufacturer, San-ei, who holds the Kirby license, has posted up some new photographs of Bandana Waddle Dee's Tokyo Station-exclusive plush;

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Japanese plush manufacturer, San-ei, who holds the Kirby license, has posted up some new photographs of Bandana Waddle Dee's Tokyo Station-exclusive plush;

I gotta admit that I really like those notebooks and wanna buy them almost as much as Bandana Dee:)

(If I got some, they would end up being filled with Kirby and other Nintendo series fanfiction, especially my epic Kirby/Pilotwings crossover:grin:)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hah, those are nice! The ice cream one is especially cute. :grin:

But don't forget, this isn't a social. You could've tagged me in another thread for that. ;)

EDIT: We have some new Kirby series items up for pre-order. They're all from Ensky, and are a pair of rubber "cookie"-style keychains that follow on from an earlier set, and a pair of metal business card cases which each have a "3D"-effect emblem layered on top.

The keychains are due out in June, and the card cases are due out in July.

Hoshi no Kirby - Cookie Keychain (5) Logo Type

Hoshi no Kirby - Cookie Keychain (6) Waddle Doo

Hoshi no Kirby - Metal Card Case (1) Kirby

Hoshi no Kirby - Metal Card Case (2) Meta Knight

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Trying to help this thread not get locked, so I'll make a pun. This thread is well thought out, and dee-lightful. You're really spearheading this movement. I think that's enough.

But yeah I support. I really like the Kirby series and would honestly like a few characters from the series, Bandanna Dee definitely takes the too spot though.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, maybe we could talk about... KIRBY 25TH ANNIVERSARY!
Well, there isn't really a lot to say right now, since I'm fairly sure that any major game reveals are being saved for E3, at this point.

That said, over in Japan it's already April 27th, so the Kirby 25th Anniversary Twitter account has posted up some birthday artwork;

As you can see, Bandana Waddle Dee was involved with the preparations for the party. :grin:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There were some popularity polls run for Kirby in I believe Famitsu, top 5 most popular characters are Kirby, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, Dedede and Magolor in that order, with top 5 Copy Abilities being Mirror, Yo-Yo, Hammer, Sword and Ninja
This is significant because Waddle Dee got more votes than Dedede. Take that as you will thread

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Bandana dee would be awesomely cute and fierce in Smash. Plus I love spears in games, so yeah I want him. Top 10.

It's a joke Zebei made in the second post I think.
Ohhhh... now I get it.

There were some popularity polls run for Kirby in I believe Famitsu, top 5 most popular characters are Kirby, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, Dedede and Magolor in that order, with top 5 Copy Abilities being Mirror, Yo-Yo, Hammer, Sword and Ninja
This is significant because Waddle Dee got more votes than Dedede. Take that as you will thread
Deelighted to hear that Dee's popularity is going to dee right deerection.

Well, there isn't really a lot to say right now, since I'm fairly sure that any major game reveals are being saved for E3, at this point.

That said, over in Japan it's already April 27th, so the Kirby 25th Anniversary Twitter account has posted up some birthday artwork;

As you can see, Bandana Waddle Dee was involved with the preparations for the party. :grin:
Looks like that Waddle Dee with a bowtie is supporting him, as well.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
They've just released a promotional video relating to the Kirby presence at Tokyo Station;

Not only is the whole thing adorable, but Bandana Waddle Dee also briefly appears at the end.

It's a joke Zebei made in the second post I think.
Good callback! :laugh:

Looks like that Waddle Dee with a bowtie is supporting him, as well.
That's Reporter Waddle Dee. ;)

EDIT: Bandana Waddle Dee's Tokyo Station-exclusive plush has been released. Here's a picture from the store in Tokyo Station's Character Street;

With any luck, the standard retail version won't be very far away!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kirby's 25th anniversary site now has this really cool scrolling artwork, it sadly doesn't have Bandana Dee in it but what it does have in it are the Animal Friends, Gooey, Ribbon and Adeleine! With how often they're popping up in official artwork recently, I can't help but get the feeling we'll be seeing them in the games again soon. :)
Maybe they'll be playable in the upcoming "action fighting game"...?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Kirby's 25th anniversary site now has this really cool scrolling artwork, it sadly doesn't have Bandana Dee in it but what it does have in it are the Animal Friends, Gooey, Ribbon and Adeleine! With how often they're popping up in official artwork recently, I can't help but get the feeling we'll be seeing them in the games again soon. :)
Maybe they'll be playable in the upcoming "action fighting game"...?
Oh, God! What I wouldn't give to see them return for a Kirby game! And if they show up in that fighting game...!

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
This is, by far, the character I want the most to be included in Switch Smash. He fits in so well with the rest of the cast. The art style meshes in with the other characters, and it can even inspire Waddle Doo as a semi-clone (Wolf as to fox as waddle doo is to waddle dee).

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
This is, by far, the character I want the most to be included in Switch Smash. He fits in so well with the rest of the cast. The art style meshes in with the other characters, and it can even inspire Waddle Doo as a semi-clone (Wolf as to fox as waddle doo is to waddle dee).
I'm not sure that's quite a fair comparison. Two major characters for one series and two enemies from the other. Waddle Doo and Waddle Dee definitely have a relation, but Bandana Dee is a specific individual. An individual who has over the years grown in importance/relevance within his series. Unless there's a comparable standout Waddle Doo, I don't think they'd go quite the same route with those two.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Unless there's a comparable standout Waddle Doo, I don't think they'd go quite the same route with those two.
The only one that I'm aware of is from the anime, which is a separate continuity from the game canon, and one long since ended. They wouldn't be chosen for Smash, as a result.

D

Deleted member

I still wait for that Bandanna wearing Dee to come out and join the fun.

I want to be in the support list too.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I don't think I've posted here yet...

Bandana Dee's my third most wanted newcomer, so you have my support.

Also:

(This was created before Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin amiibo were announced)

Maybe dee next time...

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I hope Nintendo shows the new 3DS Kirby game at E3.
Me too, I wonder what the game engine is exactly going to be. If it is an action-fighting game, I hope it won't be a half-hearted Smash Bros clone, but if Nintendo goes this route it should at least be a good clone. In fact, the Kirby 3DS games turned me into a fan of Kirby:)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I hope Nintendo shows the new 3DS Kirby game at E3.
I'm more interested in the fact that HAL Laboratory have said that there will be more games for Kirby's anniversary year, myself!

I'm hoping that one of them will be a mainline Return to Dream Land/Triple Deluxe/Planet Robobot-styled title for the Switch. :4kirby:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I imagine it would be a 3D fighthing game, not like Smash were its all on a 2D plane.

Maybe arenas similar to ARMS but you know, Kirby.
Or it could be a linear thing similar to action games like Bayonetta where u walk around and then suddenly closed off areas where you fight enemies.

Very interested to see it but not having any expectations.
I'm more interested in the fact that HAL Laboratory have said that there will be more games for Kirby's anniversary year, myself!

I'm hoping that one of them will be a mainline Return to Dream Land/Triple Deluxe/Planet Robobot-styled title for the Switch. :4kirby:
Wait. Did they?! Thats awesome cos I was actually disapointed by what they showed in the direct. It was just some mini-games.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, that doesn't neccesarrily mean theres more coming after these 3, they could have just refered to 3 as 'lots'. Lets hope they didn't just mean those 3.

They need at least 1 game for the Switch.
It seems highly unlikely to me that they consider two expanded mini-games drawn from a year-old game, plus one title that's not even in Kirby's staple genre, to be the "lots of games" that they'll be marking a huge milestone anniversary with. ;)

Top Bottom