• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
MOONSTRUCK BLOSSOM CONFIRMED
Part of me is like: YES! More Modern Kirby Music!!!! and the other's like: Doesn't this hurt Bandana Dee's chances, since they'd save a lot of the Modern Kirby music for his fighter pack, so Music Theory all over again?

I had no idea XC2 was part of the soundtrack. Raises my hopes!

It should be noted that we could get PR music but not PROGRAM. Intermezzo Without a Leader (phase 2) or Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection (phase 3/NOVA) are equally likely for boss themes, but PROGRAM is pretty awesome regardless.
Oh you were talking about Mind in the PROGRAM? Is it just me or does using PROGRAM leave it ambiguous, since the acronym is usually saved for the last phase, while some people use it meaning the first phase? also unpopular opinion Vagrant Counting Song is better than Mind in the PROGRAM

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Part of me is like: YES! More Modern Kirby Music!!!! and the other's like: Doesn't this hurt Bandana Dee's chances, since they'd save a lot of the Modern Kirby music for his fighter pack, so Music Theory all over again?

Oh you were talking about Mind in the PROGRAM? Is it just me or does using PROGRAM leave it ambiguous, since the acronym is usually saved for the last phase, while some people use it meaning the first phase? also unpopular opinion Vagrant Counting Song is better than Mind in the PROGRAM
It doesn't help that SilverGunner spammed Youtube with his parody versions of Vagrant, so the original is tougher to find.

Like I said earlier, the music amount could be a problem, but luckily Sakurai never had much modern Kirby included, so there's plenty to wade through.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

Yeah, mind in a PROGRAm.

So I have this moveset for Dee in mind:
Weight: Light, a bit heavier than Kirby
Speed: Same as Kirby
Jump height: Same as Meta Knight
Jumps: 3
Crouch: similar to Kirby, just flattens himself
Crawl? No
Float? Yes, floats with a parasol like Peach
Tipper? Yes, on spear
Jab: One hit with the spear for first hit, them immediately moves to rapid jab, with a finisher after a few hits.
F tilt: A fast forward thrust with his spear.
D tilt: Slides, kicking forward his feet, similar to Mega Man and Cloud.
U Tilt: Quickly thrusts up his parasol.
Dash attack: Thrusts himself forward, twirling his parasol in front of him, multi hit.
Nair: Spins around, like Villager.
Fair: Swings his parasol forward. Like Dedede's but with a parasol
Bair: Three kicks behind him, like Link's, the thrid kick is very powerful.
Dair: Thrusts his spear downward and launches down with it Spikes. Similar to G&W's.
Up air: A fast but weak flip kick upward, followed by a powerful upwards spear thrust. Similar to Fox's.
Zair: Thrusts his spear forward.
Forward Smash: Three forward spear thrusts, like Cloud's.
Down Smash: Thrusts with the butt of his spear behind him first, then forward with the tip. Again, similar to Cloud's, but he attacks behind him first.
Up Smash: Spins his parasol above him, multi hit, with a powerful finisher.
:GCB:: Spear toss. Can be angled and fired up to three times in succession.
:GCR:/:GCL::GCB:: Swings his parasol in front of him. Exactly like Mario's cape, reflecting projectiles, however it does not turn around opponents but instead deals more damage and knockback.
:GCD::GCB:: Megaton punch. Has super armor in the beginning and ending frames, and he can take a hit like Ryu can during focus. He punches the ground, stunning anyone nearby for a few seconds dealing massive damage, before they are launched directly upward.
:GCU::GCB:: Spear copter. Does not put Dee in free fall.
Normal get up: Kicks one foot in front of him and his spear behind him.
Ledge get up: Thrusts his parasol forward.
Super Megaton Punch: Bandana Dee launches himself forward. Anyone he hits is brought to the megaton punch arena, where Dee hurls them to the stage and delivers the mother of all punches to them.
Up taunt: Drinks sum apple juice.
Side taunt: Waves
Down taunt: Winks at the screen
Idle 1: Drinks sum more apple juice
Idle 2: Sits down and takes a nap
Idle 3: Inspects his spear, then outs it back.
Victory 1: Dances with joy, hopping up and down.
Victory 2: Looks tough, thrusting his spear everywhere, then salutes.
Victory 3: Sits down and drinks even more apple juice.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yeah, mind in a PROGRAm.

So I have this moveset for Dee in mind:
Weight: Light, a bit heavier than Kirby
Speed: Same as Kirby
Jump height: Same as Meta Knight
Jumps: 2
Crouch: similar to Kirby, just flattens himself
Crawl? No
Float? Yes, floats with a parasol like Peach
Tipper? Yes, on spear
Jab: One hit with the spear for first hit, them immediately moves to rapid jab, with a finisher after a few hits.
F tilt: A fast forward thrust with his spear.
D tilt: Slides, kicking forward his feet, similar to Mega Man and Cloud.
U Tilt: Quickly thrusts up his parasol.
Dash attack: Thrusts himself forward, twirling his parasol in front of him, multi hit.
Nair: Spins around, like Villager.
Fair: Swings his parasol forward. Like Dedede's but with a parasol
Bair: Three kicks behind him, like Link's, the thrid kick is very powerful.
Dair: Thrusts his spear downward and launches down with it Spikes. Similar to G&W's.
Up air: A fast but weak flip kick upward, followed by a powerful upwards spear thrust. Similar to Fox's.
Zair: Thrusts his spear forward.
Forward Smash: Three forward spear thrusts, like Cloud's.
Down Smash: Thrusts with the butt of his spear behind him first, then forward with the tip. Again, similar to Cloud's, but he attacks behind him first.
Up Smash: Spins his parasol above him, multi hit, with a powerful finisher.
:GCB:: Spear toss. Can be angled and fired up to three times in succession.
:GCR:/:GCL::GCB:: Swings his parasol in front of him. Exactly like Mario's cape, reflecting projectiles, however it does not turn around opponents but instead deals more damage and knockback.
:GCD::GCB:: Megaton punch. Has super armor in the beginning and ending frames, and he can take a hit like Ryu can during focus. He punches the ground, stunning anyone nearby for a few seconds dealing massive damage, before they are launched directly upward.
:GCU::GCB:: Spear copter. Does not put Dee in free fall.
Normal get up: Kicks one foot in front of him and his spear behind him.
Ledge get up: Thrusts his parasol forward.
Up taunt: Drinks sum apple juice.
Side taunt: Waves
Down taunt: Winks at the screen
Idle 1: Drinks sum more apple juice
Idle 2: Sits down and takes a nap
Idle 3: Inspects his spear, then outs it back.
Victory 1: Dances with joy, hopping up and down.
Victory 2: Looks tough, thrusting his spear everywhere, then salutes.
Victory 3: Sits down and drinks even more apple juice.
I would have given him a 3rd jump, like in SSF2, so he can move a bit more like the other Kirby characters, but can't outright fly like them. Also I think you forgot his Final Smash.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I would have given him a 3rd jump, like in SSF2, so he can move a bit more like the other Kirby characters, but can't outright fly like them. Also I think you forgot his Final Smash.
Whoops that never made it, I'll edit it in.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Honestly, if Bandana Waddle Dee is DeeLC, I can see him primarily bringing in tracks from Battle Royale and Star Allies. Since there's one track left in the base game, and I get the feeling it's either going to Star Dream (first phase), or PROGRAM (third phase). After all, it makes perfect sense for him to bring in, well...
Megaton Punch: A given, and we know it.
The Apple Juice Song: also a given, HOWEVER, they could also have...
Apple Harvest: the instrumental version. These are the three tracks I can most easily see with BWD's inclusion. However, other ideas include:
Rainbow Curse:
Claycia
Dark Crafter

Planet Robobot:
Tridimensional Cannon D3

Battle Royale:
Dededestroyer Z
Title theme
Various mode tracks (in a medley.)

Star Allies:
Friendly Field.
Green Gardens
Standard Boss Theme
Swole Dedede Scuffle
Vs Meta Knight
Song of Supplication 1 (Francisca & Flamberge)
SoS 2 (Zan Partizanne)
Hyness and Hyness Unhooded (medley?)
Void Termina Medley
Morpho Knight
These are my possible ideas for BWDeeLC tracks.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
The only thing that's concerning for me as that both Bandana Dee and Ninten haven't appeared at all, so even if they aren't playable, I still hope they show up in the game in some manner. Has Bandana Dee been in past Smash games as a trophy or sticker or something?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The only thing that's concerning for me as that both Bandana Dee and Ninten haven't appeared at all, so even if they aren't playable, I still hope they show up in the game in some manner. Has Bandana Dee been in past Smash games as a trophy or sticker or something?
Nope. He was a no-show in Smash 4 (which is very odd when you consider that Magolor, his ship, and Galacta all got trophies in Smash 4). Hell, there wasn't even a standard Waddle Dee trophy in Smash 4; only Parasol Waddle Dee, which is even stranger. He wasn't prominent before Super Star Ultra, so he couldn't appear in or before Brawl.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah. Waddle Dees in general got the short stick in 4, as they didn't even have a trophy, just had cameos, but they did get to be enemies in Smash Run.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nah. Waddle Dees in general got the short stick in 4, as they didn't even have a trophy, just had cameos, but they did get to be enemies in Smash Run.
Waddle Dee definitely had a trophy in Smash 4 3DS. and Waddle Dee (with a parasol) was an enemy in Smash Run. Its Bandana Dee that received absolutely no references in either version of Smash 4.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Honestly, if Bandana Waddle Dee is DeeLC, I can see him primarily bringing in tracks from Battle Royale and Star Allies. Since there's one track left in the base game, and I get the feeling it's either going to Star Dream (first phase), or PROGRAM (third phase). After all, it makes perfect sense for him to bring in, well...
Megaton Punch: A given, and we know it.
The Apple Juice Song: also a given, HOWEVER, they could also have...
Apple Harvest: the instrumental version. These are the three tracks I can most easily see with BWD's inclusion. However, other ideas include:
Rainbow Curse:
Claycia
Dark Crafter

Planet Robobot:
Tridimensional Cannon D3

Battle Royale:
Dededestroyer Z
Title theme
Various mode tracks (in a medley.)

Star Allies:
Friendly Field.
Green Gardens
Standard Boss Theme
Swole Dedede Scuffle
Vs Meta Knight
Song of Supplication 1 (Francisca & Flamberge)
SoS 2 (Zan Partizanne)
Hyness and Hyness Unhooded (medley?)
Void Termina Medley
Morpho Knight
These are my possible ideas for BWDeeLC tracks.
Is the one song left thing because we know the total number of Kirby tracks? Was that revealed in one of the directs?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yeah, we know there's 39 from the August Direct, and we knew 35 before the November Direct. 36 is CROWNED, 37 is the Staff Roll, and 38 is Moonstruck.
Over on the music thread, someone said they saw the Robobot mech theme from Robobot. So that may be it for Kirby (possibly not though, Splatoon jumped from 23 to 26).

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If its not too much trouble, can someone make a list of all the confirmed Kirby songs so far?
Way ahead of ya:
SSB64:
Dream Land 64 (1)
SSB64 KirbWin (2) X
SSBM:
Fountain of Dreams (3)
Green Greens Melee (4) SSBM KirbWin (5) X
All-Star Intro (6)

SSBB:
MK Revenge (7)
Legendary Air Ride (8)
Gourmet Race (9)
Butter Building (10)
Dedede's Theme (11)
Squeak Squad Theme (12)
Marx (13)
02 (14)
Boss Medley (15)
Checker Knights (16)
Forest/Nature Area (17)
Frozen Hillside (18)
SSBB KirbyDededeWin (19) X SSBB MKWin (20) X
SSB4:
Green Greens V2 (21)
Dedede V2 (22)
Ice Cream Island (23)
Butter Building V2 (24)
Great Cave Offensive (25)
Forest/Nature Area Remix (26)
Green Greens (27)
Float Islands (28)
Bubbly Clouds (29)
Castle Lololo (30)
Mt. Dedede (31)
Planet Popstar (32)
Forest Stage (33)
Celestial Valley (34)
The Adventure Begins (35)
Through the Forest (36)
Floral Fields (37)
The World to Win (38)

SSBU:
City Trial (39)
CROWNED (40)
Staff Roll (41)
Moonstruck Blossom (42)

There are some caveats here. I know the fanfares don't count, so that makes 38. HOWEVER: the value of 38 also counts the Brawl Forest/Nature Area (the direct rip from Amazing Mirror) and the Smash 4 version (the remix) as separate, when in actuality, they could only have one. Saying 38 is erring on the side of caution, but there could just as easily only be 37 confirmed tracks.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Keep in mind the number of songs can change, I'm pretty sure it HAS changed, I'd imagine it would take much to port in a couple more songs between then and now. Also we know some songs are hidden

I think one series has had a jump, I have feeling it was Splatoon but I'm not sure

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys. I got some good news (or confirmation on what we already knew).
Gamexplain did a video on all of the identifiable Spirits shown off in official material:

448 spirits are known (as of now) and NONE of them are Bandana Waddle Dee. He's still completely MIA.
Things are lookin' good for our bandana boi.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Way ahead of ya:
SSB64:
Dream Land 64 (1)
SSB64 KirbWin (2) X
SSBM:
Fountain of Dreams (3)
Green Greens Melee (4) SSBM KirbWin (5) X
All-Star Intro (6)

SSBB:
MK Revenge (7)
Legendary Air Ride (8)
Gourmet Race (9)
Butter Building (10)
Dedede's Theme (11)
Squeak Squad Theme (12)
Marx (13)
02 (14)
Boss Medley (15)
Checker Knights (16)
Forest/Nature Area (17)
Frozen Hillside (18)
SSBB KirbyDededeWin (19) X SSBB MKWin (20) X
SSB4:
Green Greens V2 (21)
Dedede V2 (22)
Ice Cream Island (23)
Butter Building V2 (24)
Great Cave Offensive (25)
Forest/Nature Area Remix (26)
Green Greens (27)
Float Islands (28)
Bubbly Clouds (29)
Castle Lololo (30)
Mt. Dedede (31)
Planet Popstar (32)
Forest Stage (33)
Celestial Valley (34)
The Adventure Begins (35)
Through the Forest (36)
Floral Fields (37)
The World to Win (38)

SSBU:
City Trial (39)
CROWNED (40)
Staff Roll (41)
Moonstruck Blossom (42)

There are some caveats here. I know the fanfares don't count, so that makes 38. HOWEVER: the value of 38 also counts the Brawl Forest/Nature Area (the direct rip from Amazing Mirror) and the Smash 4 version (the remix) as separate, when in actuality, they could only have one. Saying 38 is erring on the side of caution, but there could just as easily only be 37 confirmed tracks.
Thanks for this list! Glad to know they kept all of the good songs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Gamexplain did a video on all of the identifiable Spirits shown off in official material:

448 spirits are known (as of now) and NONE of them are Bandana Waddle Dee. He's still completely MIA.
Indeed. This is the biggest mystery of the game right now, since Hyrule Warriors has nothing, XCX only has a Skell, Rayman isn't seen, Square-Enix has bupkis for just about anything and the only Waddle Dee present is the vanilla variety.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Indeed. This is the biggest mystery of the game right now, since Hyrule Warriors has nothing, XCX only has a Skell, Rayman isn't seen, Square-Enix has bupkis for just about anything and the only Waddle Dee present is the vanilla variety.
I'm suspicious that we could get over 1000 spirits, it seems like Nintendo is going all out with them. But for the moment, it is strange that we haven't seen any of those characters yet.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately for us Elma supporters, she has a spirit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDbZ2u8oFM (at 6:12)
So be careful about GameXplain video cause all the spirits are not there.

I wish you the best boys and girls!

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Oh at 6:19 you can see a Bandana Dee spirit under Villager icon. I'm sorry :/

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If the spirits truly do deconfirm fighters (which I seriously highly doubt), then there are almost no serious Nintendo first parties left.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm just sad that they didn't even show him in the Direct. Could have avoided the past two and a half weeks of flip flopping. (And at least we could have gotten over it alongside the rest of the disconfirmations. I feel like some people are going to pick at this for being possibly the most throwaway reveal of a popular request, possibly even behind the Skull Kid AT.)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what DLC does (even though that's kinda what we were doing anyway...), though at least this is better than potentially waiting upwards of a year for nothing. I'm still of the opinion that it's a soft disconfirmation, but I find it difficult to believe that there would be no first or second-party picks, and I don't think there's anyone noteworthy left outside of 2019 releases...

This DLC cycle is going to be weird.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the first party fighters are going to be promotional characters like Fire emblem Three Houses avatar or a pokémon from the 8 Gen. But we don't know when Nintendo decided the DLC.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Now I'm just sad that they didn't even show him in the Direct. Could have avoided the past two and a half weeks of flip flopping.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what DLC does (even though that's kinda what we were doing anyway...), though at least this is better than potentially waiting upwards of a year for nothing. I'm still of the opinion that it's a soft disconfirmation, but I find it difficult to believe that there would be no first or second-party picks, and I don't think there's anyone noteworthy left outside of 2019 releases...

This DLC cycle is going to be weird.
The only first party 2019 releases I can think of are FE Three Houses, Yoshi's Crafted World, and NSMBU Deluxe.

Edit: Pokémon Gen 8 and Metroid Prime 4 too

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
This is bad. Spirits do deconfirm characters imo. Sakurai stated they are ''a way to enjoy characters in a form other than fighters'' or along the lines of that. They also don't seem hard to develop. I doubt the whole DLC roster was decided after having all those spirits be put in.
Even if they don't deconfirm fighters, Bandana Dee now again has alot of competition to deal with.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
This is bad. Spirits do deconfirm characters imo. Sakurai stated they are ''a way to enjoy characters in a form other than fighters'' or along the lines of that. They also don't seem hard to develop. I doubt the whole DLC roster was decided after having all those spirits be put in.
Even if they don't deconfirm fighters, Bandana Dee now again has alot of competition to deal with.
see, the problem I find with the spirits deconfirm characters, is that we've seen spirits like Kaptain K. Rool. they're in, and so is he.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Ya but his spirit name is Kaptain K Rool, not King K Rool so he might be a "different" character. But I'm wondering if Daisy spirit's name is just Daisy or something else?

11th

Smash Apprentice
Well, bright side: He's a Primary Spirit, so shenanigans such as Meta Knight/Dedede (Fighter) + Bandana Dee (Primary) + Kirby w/ Robobot Armour (Support) are possible. (Maybe even more if he has more than one slot for Supports and there's a Support Spirit with MK and/or D3 in it -- RtDL team, anyone?)

I wonder what rank he is, and what his type and stat boosts are? If he has a fight, I wonder what the setup is, or if he's a summon, I wonder what the component characters are. For some reason I get the feeling that he's not an enhanced Spirit...

I'm trying to make the best of this, okay?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
See, there are spirits of Final Smash characters (which we thought deconfirmed characters before; remember Chrom in Robin's?). Petey Piranha and Mega Lucario are the notable ones.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

No he's a spirit.
Evolves from waddle dee.
I said this pages ago, no one believed me.
I even got infracted.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
See, there are spirits of Final Smash characters (which we thought deconfirmed characters before; remember Chrom in Robin's?). Petey Piranha and Mega Lucario are the notable ones.
I think Chrom's the exception, since there's evidence that he was a last-minute addition, like how he isn't as expressive as the others and is still in Robin's FS.

Also Gamexplain must be VERY happy that Bandana Dee's gone. Hate to say it, but congratulations, haters. You've won.

Last edited:
Top Bottom