• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I doubt that Dee's attacks will have start-up like Ganondorf's if we are going by him in Brawl and Smash 4 (I haven't seen too much gameplay of him in Ultimate), but I can see his forward tilt be a stab forward that has some noticeable start-up for example. I don't think his attacks will start-up quickly, but they won't take a year like a heavy fighter.
F tilt, in that case, should have KO power just like Zelda's. Any one of his spear attacks with more than light startup should either have an incredible disjoint or nasty KO power.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Are people still listening to Hitagi? I don't think putting any stock in what he says is a good idea. Vergeben said he might be credible once, and then nobody after that cared about all the red flags. He's claiming stuff as if he knew who Nintendo suggested to Sakurai specifically, not even who they're actually working on. That, and he continually changes what he actually says, despite apparently having full knowledge of everything. Everything he says is bull****.

I was imagining Bandana Dee would be like that in a way. His attacks would have some start-up compared to a character like Meta Knight, but his endlag is lowered. I was thinking that he would have a tipper mechanic similar to Marth, but not getting the tipper isn't super detrimental.

I'll need to reconsider the moveset I gave him years ago (and his Final Smash I gave him was super lame). I might start from scratch and give him new moves entirely. I was also thinking of giving him a special shield much like Yoshi's where he uses his umbrella to guard.
I was thinking his specials would be...
Neutral: Spear Throw - Throws a spear that travels farther the longer you charge it.
Side: Parasol - Bandana Dee uses his umbrella to shield himself from projectiles and attacks in front of him. It can be held indefinitely and is multi-hitting
Up: Spear Copter - Nuff said.
Down: I am a little conflicted on this one.
My first idea is for him to charge up a sled that he brings out of hammer space (like Wario and his bike) and it rams into players. It would be a reference to his segments in Kirby 64 (FYI, the Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 was implied by Hal to be Bandana Dee in case you didn't know).
My other idea is Beam. He would bring out a wand and charge a beam. The first level is weak and goes forward and over, the second level is longer reaching but only goes in front of Dee, and the last level is a powerful blast when fully charged.

Final Smash: I was thinking of a Waddle Dee Stampede that he summons or the Megaton Punch, both being trapping Final Smashes.
IMO, I'd make spear copter his up-air, and make the parasol his up b, working similarly to peach's up b. If he's going to use a parasol, he should use it for more than one attack.

Also- his down b could be eating food (apples) or something, since a lot of his recent appearances are him giving Kirby food to help him out. I just really want a character to have a healing move tbh. Alternatively, megaton punch could be his down b, just not world-shattering punch. A downward punch that can be charged up and causes shockwaves like DK's down b, but with a single strong hit instead of repeated hits.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Down B - should be Assist Star in the way I said in my moveset. People said my moveset was really good over on the Deescord but no one commented on it here :p

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Down B - should be Assist Star in the way I said in my moveset. People said my moveset was really good over on the Deescord but no one commented on it here :p
I never saw your moveset, could you repost it or show me where it is? I'm not on the discord.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Why would that ever be DLC?
Cygames is the company that helped developed Dragalia Lost and since GranBlue Fantasy is their biggest game the idea is the partnership would be celebrated by adding in Katalina from that game. Also, I think Nintendo purchased a stake in Cygames but don't quote me on that. I'm not sure why they would put Katalina in and not Euden from the game they actually own but that was the idea.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
So, kind of like a FP that fights on it's own while by your side, eh?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So, kind of like a FP that fights on it's own while by your side, eh?
No, not at all. I will repost my moveset...

Standard Attacks:

Jab - Pokes his spear, turns into rapid pokes if held
Dash Attack - Twirls his Parasol around in front of him while skidding forward
Up Tilt - A simple upwards spear jab
Forward Tilt - A whack with a closed parasol
Down Tilt - The iconic skid and kick Kirby does to break blocks in his games, it is unrepresented in Kirby's moveset and Dee can do it too

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral - Spins his spear in a circle around him
Up - Opens up his parasol to hit above
Down - A downwards spike with his spear
Forward - The neutral beam attack with a beam
Back - The dashing beam attack which makes a sort of 'vortex' I guess from the Beam ability

Smash Attacks:

Forward - He uses the cannon from RtDL which creates a small explosion with it blowing up
Up - He uses the horn from RtDL to create a field of rainbow coloured water which damages
Down - He jumps in the Chumbrella from Star Allies and spins it downwards around

Grab Inputs:

Grab - He uses his beam to create a large electric ball which holds someone in place
Pummel - He shocks the beam
Up Throw - He shoots the ball upwards
Forward Throw - He shoots the ball forwards
Back Throw - He extends the beam behind him and whacks the other fighter on to the ground
Down Throw - He spins the beam around him with the fighter still attached, letting go and sending the fighter flying

Special Attacks:

Neutral - He throws a spear, can be charged to throw 3
Up - Spear Copter!
Side - Cannon mounts on his head and he can rapid fire pink balls for a few seconds while still moving around, the balls have a short range however and the move must recharge!
Down - Assist Star, a risky move. Bandana Dee gradually recovers health while holding it by 1% each time quite quickly however if another fighter attacks him while he is performing this move they will recover twice the amount Dee did and Dee will get hurt!

Final Smash!!! - Megaton Punch!!!

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
No, not at all. I will repost my moveset...

Standard Attacks:

Jab - Pokes his spear, turns into rapid pokes if held
Dash Attack - Twirls his Parasol around in front of him while skidding forward
Up Tilt - A simple upwards spear jab
Forward Tilt - A whack with a closed parasol
Down Tilt - The iconic skid and kick Kirby does to break blocks in his games, it is unrepresented in Kirby's moveset and Dee can do it too

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral - Spins his spear in a circle around him
Up - Opens up his parasol to hit above
Down - A downwards spike with his spear
Forward - The neutral beam attack with a beam
Back - The dashing beam attack which makes a sort of 'vortex' I guess from the Beam ability

Smash Attacks:

Forward - He uses the cannon from RtDL which creates a small explosion with it blowing up
Up - He uses the horn from RtDL to create a field of rainbow coloured water which damages
Down - He jumps in the Chumbrella from Star Allies and spins it downwards around

Grab Inputs:

Grab - He uses his beam to create a large electric ball which holds someone in place
Pummel - He shocks the beam
Up Throw - He shoots the ball upwards
Forward Throw - He shoots the ball forwards
Back Throw - He extends the beam behind him and whacks the other fighter on to the ground
Down Throw - He spins the beam around him with the fighter still attached, letting go and sending the fighter flying

Special Attacks:

Neutral - He throws a spear, can be charged to throw 3
Up - Spear Copter!
Side - Cannon mounts on his head and he can rapid fire pink balls for a few seconds while still moving around, the balls have a short range however and the move must recharge!
Down - Assist Star, a risky move. Bandana Dee gradually recovers health while holding it by 1% each time quite quickly however if another fighter attacks him while he is performing this move they will recover twice the amount Dee did and Dee will get hurt!

Final Smash!!! - Megaton Punch!!!
Oh, neat!
Cool moveset all around, btw.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Random question. When you guys fight Bandana Dee in Super Star Ultra, do you give him due respect and fight him normally, or... finish it quickly with an inhale?

Lately, I regrettably must admit... I use Kirby's inhale to finish it, primarily for trying at better times in the arena. Otherwise, I have no problem fighting him honorably in Revenge of The King.

Silly question, I know. But it does relate to Dee. :laugh:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Random question. When you guys fight Bandana Dee in Super Star Ultra, do you give him due respect and fight him normally, or... finish it quickly with an inhale?

Lately, I regrettably must admit... I use Kirby's inhale to finish it, primarily for trying at better times in the arena. Otherwise, I have no problem fighting him honorably in Revenge of The King.

I generally fight him normally do I don't risk losing my ability

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

I usually do a quick inhale to minimize the pain and get my ability back.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

I always use abilities, so I beat him normally.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I generally fight him normally do I don't risk losing my ability
I've gotten it down to a science in the Arena so that I can inhale him and my ability star at the same time. :laugh:

I usually do a quick inhale to minimize the pain and get my ability back.
I hear ya. Man, I really want that true Bandana Dee boss fight.

I always use abilities, so I beat him normally.
Not wanting to risk the ability loss, huh? I understand that.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
What if in the new Heroes in Another Dimension mode, there is a surprise battle against a parallel Bandana Dee? I mean, there is a VERY unlikely chance of that, but a Kirby fan can dream...

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Might I introduce you to Roy in Melee.
Oh, I know plenty about the dumb idea to add FE in Melee. Nintendo hoped that adding Japanese exclusive fighters to promote their release in the west would work. It didn't. People were all the more confused about FE and why it was getting spots in Melee, not to mention the fact we had all been left completely in the dark about it. You'd think they would have learned their lesson from it. Why would they ever think we would want that again? A fighter almost no one outside of Japan exists, a fighter we've been left in the dark about, a fighter we probably won't care about? If all of the promotional crap is the reason behind the stigma against FE, you'd think they wouldn't do that again.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair, the FE characters were meant to be exclusive to the Japanese version of Melee. For another example of how important international availability is, Lucas would've been cut if Sakurai knew Mother 3 was Japan-exclusive.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
To be fair, the FE characters were meant to be exclusive to the Japanese version of Melee. For another example of how important international availability is, Lucas would've been cut if Sakurai knew Mother 3 was Japan-exclusive.
That's true, but Roy was decided before his game even released. Roy's game came out two years after Melee, so for all we knew, Roy could have been a low tier OC of Sakurai that he slipped in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even now, Sakurai is still reluctant about including Japan-only characters. It's harsh for fans of Demille, Prince Sable, Takamaru (although he got lucky with his game getting a VC release, it was too late), Lip and even Barbara, but that's how it is until further notice. It's best to focus on widely-known characters first.

What if in the new Heroes of Another Dimension mode, there is a surprise battle against a parallel Bandana Dee? I mean, there is a VERY unlikely chance of that, but a Kirby fan can dream...
Wouldn't hold my breath on that, since that would mean you'd have to fight other Parallel Dream Friends that didn't get boss fights too.

Besides, when BWD gets to show up in Smash, you technically can have that fair fight/rematch with him. ;)

That's true, but Roy was decided before his game even released. Roy's game came out two years after Melee, so for all we knew, Roy could have been a low tier OC of Sakurai that he slipped in.
That's proto-Corrin. He got lucky considering that, when they tried to catch lightning in a bottle again, it mostly backfired.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Wouldn't hold my breath on that, since that would mean you'd have to fight other Parallel Dream Friends that didn't get boss fights too.

Besides, when BWD gets to show up in Smash, you technically can have that fair fight/rematch with him. ;)
We had a parallel Susie in TKCD, so it's not out of the question.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just don't understand why they would ever think people outside of Japan would be exited for a character they never heard of.
especially when that been his reason for leaving out characters like takamaru and the girl from famicom detective club whos name i cant remember

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
especially when that been his reason for leaving out characters like takamaru and the girl from famicom detective club whos name i cant remember
Japanese exclusive fighters just don't. How can they ever hold up the "Nintendo icon" statement if only half of their fanbase knows who some of the fighters are?

On to another topic, I've been thinking: If Bandana Dee was given a tipper on some of his attacks, could it be possible for him to end up B or A tier as a result? Seriously, tippers are OP.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Marth was unheard of outside of Japan in Melee. Roy was unheard of, period.
Exactly. I find it stupid that anyone would not feel excited for any character in Smash since it gives us a new fighter to play with. Bandana Dee is the only character I WANT want, and I'll be happy with literally anyone. If some mysterious anime rpg fighter room Japan makes it in, is better than Piranha Plant, a character people add excited for.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Japanese exclusive fighters just don't. How can they ever hold up the "Nintendo icon" statement if only half of their fanbase knows who some of the fighters are?

On to another topic, I've been thinking: If Bandana Dee was given a tipper on some of his attacks, could it be possible for him to end up B or A tier as a result? Seriously, tippers are OP.
Considering that the spearhead's material is presumably stronger than the wooden stick, I'd assume that Bandana Dee would have the tipper effect.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Considering that the spearhead's material is presumably stronger than the wooden stick, I'd assume that Bandana Dee would have the tipper effect.
Good, let's all get ready to main Marth---I mean, Dee.

(Not implying this would just make Dee another ****ing Marth clone, I'm implying he would probably be top tier as a result.)

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Good, let's all get ready to main Marth---I mean, Dee.

(Not implying this would just make Dee another ****ing Marth clone, I'm implying he would probably be top tier as a result.)
Bandana Dee being top tier would be pretty awesome if that were to happen!

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Alright, might as well say this now. Here are my moveset ideas:
Bandana Dee would be a nimble lightweight character with a disjoint, low KO power outside of the spear tipper, a good combo game, good recovery, and the lag on his moves shifted towards the front. The shaft of his spear would autolink (launching opponents towards Dee), making them usable combo starters.
Strengths:
- Great combo game
- Good recovery
- High mobility
- High range
Weaknesses:
- Struggles to KO
- Easy to KO
- Noticeable startup
Dash Speed: 1.9 (Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Meta Knight and 12th best in the game. Kirby has a mediocre dash speed of 1.57.
Walk Speed: 1.4 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Sheik and Zero Suit Samus for 5th fastest in the game, even above Sonic's walk speed. Kirby has a slow walking speed of 0.93.
Air Speed: 1.2 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Zero Suit Samus and Mii Brawler for 6th fastest air speed in the game. Kirby has an... interesting air speed of 0.8, the 4th worst in the game. Some people would say that Kirby characters move slowly when they are flying (which is why Kirby characters, especially the ones that puff, are so slow in the air), but in Super Star Ultra not only does Parasol Waddle Dee not have bad air speed (because he double jumps instead of puffing), but he also moves faster in the air when his parasol is out. While I'm not saying that Bandana Dee should have this ability, Waddle Dees are always pretty fast in the air.
He also is very floaty, with a fall speed of 1.25 (tied with Weegee for 6th slowest). He has 4 double jumps (1 less than Kirby) and a double jump a bit higher than Kirby's.
Jab: Stabs in front of him angled up, dealing 1.3% and having a mediocre 5 frame startup, stabs in front of him angled down (1.2%), and then:
If the player holds down the A button, will initiate a rapid jab. Hits every 4 frames, each dealing 0.5%. After it's been used 8 times, Bandana Dee will unleash a finisher once the player releases the button, dealing 3.5% (5% tipped).
If the player releases and then taps A, will use jab 3. More powerful than the rapid jab finisher, dealing 7.5% (11% tipped) and having good KO power (the tipper KOs around 145% at the edge of Final Destination), but has less damage potential than the rapid jab.
Dash Attack: Does the classic Kirby slide. A useful dash attack: comes out frame 5, has a long-lasting hitbox, and has fairly low ending lag. The early hit deals 10% and launches at a combo-friendly vertical angle, while the late hit deals a mediocre 6% and launches with weak horizontal knockback.
FTilt: Stabs forward with his spear. Doesn't come out until frame 9 (slow for a tilt), but has minimal ending lag and has respectable power (deals 8% untipped, 12% tipped, and the tip KOing at 110% at the edge of Final Destination). Semi-spikes, meaning the angle can hinder recovery and forces foes to recover low, allowing for edgeguards.
UTilt: Swipes overhead with his spear. The base knockback is low, making it a good combo starter, it has the fastest startup out of all his tilts (frame 6, second fastest if counting his jab), has good range, and decent damage (6% normal, 10% tipped, tip KOs around 145%).
DTilt: Flips over and spins his spear on the ground, like with the Windmill. Slowest startup of all his tilts (frame 12), but deals a solid 11% (has 3 multi-hits that deal 1% and a final hit dealing 8%) and has respectable horizontal knockback (KOs around 138% at the edge of Final Destination).
FSmash: Stabs forward with his Parasol. Slow startup (frame 16). The parasol deals 13%, while the tip deals 17%. The tip deals excellent horizontal knockback (KOing at a respectable 70% at the edge of Final Destination), but the parasol itself isn't all that great for a smash attack (doesn't KO until 98% at the edge of Final Destination).
USmash: Stabs upward with his spear. His fastest smash, at frame 14. Has 3 hitboxes: one on his feet that hits opponents on the ground and deals 10%, one on his spear (including the shaft) that deals a good 15%, and one on the tip that deals a whopping 22%. Useful as an anti-air, as the tip KOs around 75% and the spear hitbox KOs at 122% (which is still pretty good for Dee), but the hitbox on his feet (which is what you'll usually hit grounded opponents with) doesn't KO until about 185%.
DSmash: Megaton Punches the ground. The slowest startup out of his smashes, coming out at a sluggish frame 20. Has 2 hitboxes: a fist hitbox dealing high horizontal knockback (the angle is somewhat low) and a massive 20%, and a semi-spike shockwave dealing 6% to grounded foes. The fist KOs at a respectable 85% at the edge of Final Destination, but the shockwave doesn't KO until above 250%.
NAir: Twirls his spear towards the camera. A longe-lasting combo breaker, coming out on frame 5, active for 20 frames, and dealing 10% on the early hit (6% on the late hit). Deals decent knockback, launching diagonally up.
FAir: Jabs his spear in front of him twice. The first hit links reliably into the second. Hit 1 comes out frame 7. The two hits deal 3 and 7% (11% when tipped), respectively. The last hit deals decent horizontal knockback.
BAir: Bandana Dee's most powerful aerial. Comes out frame 6, deals 12%, and has good knockback, KOing around 135% at the edge of Final Destination.
UAir: Uses the Skyward Thrust, stabbing upwards. Comes out frame 7. The regular hitbox only deals 7%, but the tip deals 11%. The tip deals decent knockback, but the spear hitbox deals low knockback, ideal for combos.
DAir: Bandana Dee uses the Moon Drop. A stall-and-fall aerial, and a powerful spike. Deals 15%.
FThrow: Uses the Capture Beam's Forward Throw. Shoots 4 projectiles at the opponent: the first 3 launch into the next (dealing 2%), while the last hit deals 5% and has decent KO potential at the edge.
BThrow: Uses the Back Circus Throw. Turns around and launches foes with his parasol, dealing 12%. Has decent KO potential at the edge.
UThrow: Uses the Up Circus Throw. Puts opponents on his parasol, spins it around for 4 hits (each dealing 1%), and launches them upwards for 6%. Lacking in usable KO power, but a good combo starter.
DThrow: Holds foe to the ground and slams them with a Megaton Punch. His most damaging throw, dealing 12.5%. Deals fairly vertical knockback and has good combo potential at low percents, but has high growth, making it KO around 135% on Final Destination.
Neutral (Beam): Turns his spear into a beam and uses it. Has 3 hits: the first 2 link into the last, dealing 1%, and the last hit deals 5%. Can be charged; at full charge, will turn into Wave Beam, dealing 12% and dealing decent knockback.
Side (Spear Throw): Throws a spear in an arc. Can be charged; at full charge, throws 3 spears. The spear itself has an early hit when it's going up dealing 7%, a middle hit at the apex dealing 6%, and a late hit when it's falling dealing 8%. The tip of the late hit buries grounded opponents.
Up (Waddle Copter): Soars up using his spear as a helicopter. If B is still held at the apex, Bandana Dee can hover for 60 frames; afterwards, he goes into a slowed descent like the one after Peach's parasol. One of his fastest moves, coming out frame 4, has 13 hits; the first deals 2%, hits 2-12 deal 0.5%, and the final hit deals 4%, for a total 11.5%. The last hit deals massive knockback, making the move KO around 120% on Final Destination.
Down (Parasol Twirl): Spins his parasol below him. Reflects projectiles with a 1.3x damage multiplier and damages foes caught inside, dealing 9 hits (each dealing 1%). The parasol has transcendent priority, and all parts of Dee in the parasol are intangible as long as the move is active.
What do you think?

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Alright, might as well say this now. Here are my moveset ideas:
Bandana Dee would be a nimble lightweight character with a disjoint, low KO power outside of the spear tipper, a good combo game, good recovery, and the lag on his moves shifted towards the front. The shaft of his spear would autolink (launching opponents towards Dee), making them usable combo starters.
Strengths:
- Great combo game
- Good recovery
- High mobility
- High range
Weaknesses:
- Struggles to KO
- Easy to KO
- Noticeable startup
Dash Speed: 1.9 (Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Meta Knight and 12th best in the game. Kirby has a mediocre dash speed of 1.57.
Walk Speed: 1.4 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Sheik and Zero Suit Samus for 5th fastest in the game, even above Sonic's walk speed. Kirby has a slow walking speed of 0.93.
Air Speed: 1.2 (Very Fast). If he were in Smash 4, this would be tied with Zero Suit Samus and Mii Brawler for 6th fastest air speed in the game. Kirby has an... interesting air speed of 0.8, the 4th worst in the game. Some people would say that Kirby characters move slowly when they are flying (which is why Kirby characters, especially the ones that puff, are so slow in the air), but in Super Star Ultra not only does Parasol Waddle Dee not have bad air speed (because he double jumps instead of puffing), but he also moves faster in the air. While I'm not saying that Bandana Dee should have this ability, Waddle Dees are always pretty fast in the air.
He also is very floaty, with a fall speed of 1.25 (tied with Weegee for 6th slowest). He has 4 double jumps (1 less than Kirby) and a double jump a bit higher than Kirby's.
Jab: Stabs in front of him angled up, dealing 1.3% and having a mediocre 5 frame startup, stabs in front of him angled down (1.2%), and then:
If the player holds down the A button, will initiate a rapid jab. Hits every 4 frames, each dealing 0.5%. After it's been used 8 times, Bandana Dee will unleash a finisher once the player releases the button, dealing 3.5% (5% tipped).
If the player releases and then taps A, will use jab 3. More powerful than the rapid jab finisher, dealing 7.5% (11% tipped) and having good KO power (the tipper KOs around 145% at the edge of Final Destination), but has less damage potential than the rapid jab.
Dash Attack: Rolls forward (could also slide or use the Parasol dash ability). A useful dash attack: comes out frame 5, has a long-lasting hitbox, and has fairly low ending lag. The early hit deals 10% and launches at a combo-friendly vertical angle, while the late hit deals a mediocre 6% and launches with weak horizontal knockback.
FTilt: Stabs forward with his spear. Doesn't come out until frame 9 (slow for a tilt), but has minimal ending lag and has respectable power (deals 8% untipped, 12% tipped, and the tip KOing at 110% at the edge of Final Destination). Semi-spikes, meaning the angle can hinder recovery and forces foes to recover low, allowing for edgeguards.
UTilt: Swipes overhead with his spear. The base knockback is low, making it a good combo starter, it has the fastest startup out of all his tilts (frame 6, second fastest if counting his jab), has good range, and decent damage (6% normal, 10% tipped, tip KOs around 145%).
DTilt: I have 2 ideas:
1: Jabs the butt of his spear downwards. A decently powerful spike. Slowest startup of all his tilts (frame 12), but deals a solid 9% and can act as a good combo starter.
2: Flips over and spins his spear on the ground, like with the Windmill. Slowest startup of all his tilts (frame 12), but deals a solid 11% (has 3 multi-hits that deal 1% and a final hit dealing 8%) and has respectable horizontal knockback (KOs around 138% at the edge of Final Destination).
FSmash: Stabs forward with his Parasol. Slow startup (frame 16). The parasol deals 13%, while the tip deals 17%. The tip deals excellent horizontal knockback (KOing at a respectable 70% at the edge of Final Destination), but the parasol itself isn't all that great for a smash attack (doesn't KO until 98% at the edge of Final Destination).
USmash: Stabs upward with his spear. His fastest smash, at frame 14. Has 3 hitboxes: one on his feet that hits opponents on the ground and deals 10%, one on his spear (including the shaft) that deals a good 15%, and one on the tip that deals a whopping 22%. Useful as an anti-air, as the tip KOs around 75% and the spear hitbox KOs at 122% (which is still pretty good for Dee), but the hitbox on his feet (which is what you'll usually hit grounded opponents with) doesn't KO until about 185%.
DSmash: Megaton Punches the ground. The slowest startup out of his smashes, coming out at a sluggish frame 20. Has 2 hitboxes: a fist hitbox dealing high horizontal knockback (the angle is somewhat low) and a massive 20%, and a semi-spike shockwave dealing 6% to grounded foes. The fist KOs at a respectable 85% at the edge of Final Destination, but the shockwave doesn't KO until above 250%.
NAir: Twirls his spear towards the camera. A longe-lasting combo breaker, coming out on frame 5, active for 20 frames, and dealing 10% on the early hit (6% on the late hit). Deals decent knockback, launching diagonally up.
FAir: Jabs his spear in front of him twice. The first hit links reliably into the second. Hit 1 comes out frame 7. The two hits deal 3 and 7% (11% when tipped), respectively. The last hit deals decent horizontal knockback.
BAir: Bandana Dee's most powerful aerial. Comes out frame 6, deals 12%, and has good knockback, KOing around 135% at the edge of Final Destination.
UAir: Uses the Skyward Thrust, stabbing upwards. Comes out frame 7. The regular hitbox only deals 7%, but the tip deals 11%. The tip deals decent knockback, but the spear hitbox deals low knockback, ideal for combos.
DAir: Bandana Dee uses the Moon Drop. A stall-and-fall aerial, and a powerful spike. Deals 15%.
FThrow: Uses the Capture Beam's Forward Throw. Shoots 4 projectiles at the opponent: the first 3 launch into the next (dealing 2%), while the last hit deals 5% and has decent KO potential at the edge.
BThrow: Uses the Back Circus Throw. Turns around and launches foes with his parasol, dealing 12%. Has decent KO potential at the edge.
UThrow: Uses the Up Circus Throw. Puts opponents on his parasol, spins it around for 4 hits (each dealing 1%), and launches them upwards for 6%. Lacking in usable KO power, but a good combo starter.
DThrow: Holds foe to the ground and slams them with a Megaton Punch. His most damaging throw, dealing 12.5%. Deals fairly vertical knockback and has good combo potential at low percents, but has high growth, making it KO around 135% on Final Destination.
Neutral (Beam): Turns his spear into a beam and uses it. Has 3 hits: the first 2 link into the last, dealing 1%, and the last hit deals 5%. Can be charged; at full charge, will turn into Wave Beam, dealing 12% and dealing decent knockback.
Side (Spear Throw): Throws a spear in an arc. Can be charged; at full charge, throws 3 spears. The spear itself has an early hit when it's going up dealing 7%, a middle hit at the apex dealing 6%, and a late hit when it's falling dealing 8%. The tip of the late hit buries grounded opponents.
Up (Spear Copter): Soars up using his spear as a helicopter. If B is still held at the apex, Bandana Dee can hover for 60 frames; afterwards, he goes into a slowed descent like the one after Peach's parasol. One of his fastest moves, coming out frame 4, has 13 hits; the first deals 2%, hits 2-12 deal 0.5%, and the final hit deals 4%, for a total 11.5%. The last hit deals massive knockback, making the move KO around 120% on Final Destination.
Down (Parasol Twirl): Spins his parasol below him. Reflects projectiles with a 1.3x damage multiplier and damages foes caught inside, dealing 9 hits (each dealing 1%). The parasol has transcendent priority, and all parts of Dee in the parasol are intangible as long as the move is active.
What do you think? Also, which dash attack/down tilt would be the best?
I like option 2 the most, I think it's the most unique of them. Though didn't someone here mention that no Kirby character has the slide dash and that the technique could be used for a dash attack?

Top Bottom