• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
If that were true, wouldn't he keep Isaac in the base game and leave Incineroar or Isabelle for Nintendo to force him into choosing?
Not necesarily, he still would have to put these newer characters in the game for sake of advertisement and I doubt he would want to fill it completley with ballot picks or fan requests. It could be possible he was the one chosen to be left out because of the series being dead.

Also just want to say Golden Sun was one of the top hits of the GBA and it was pretty much left to die, if more games came out sooner I am sure that series would still be around today. It kind of irks me in a way.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Not necesarily, he still would have to put these newer characters in the game for sake of advertisement and I doubt he would want to fill it completley with ballot picks or fan requests. It could be possible he was the one chosen to be left out because of the series being dead.

Also just want to say Golden Sun was one of the top hits of the GBA and it was pretty much left to die, if more games came out sooner I am sure that series would still be around today. It kind of irks me in a way.
Golden Sun would probably need a reboot before we got a newcomer from the series. Just throwing this out there, the series is so dead you'd have to hire an actual necromancer to make a GS newcomer reasonable in smash in terms of relevancy. At some point fan demand no longer counts when a series hasn't seen the light of day in so many years.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

No offense to Isaac fans or anything, but I never heard of Golden Sun until I saw people talking about Isaac for smash back in the smash 4 days. I saw the brawl assist trophy and didn't really look into who it was. The GBA was my first game system, too. I don't think Golden Sun could've possibly sold as well as you're implying.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
No offense to Isaac fans or anything, but I never heard of Golden Sun until I saw people talking about Isaac for smash back in the smash 4 days. I saw the brawl assist trophy and didn't really look into who it was. The GBA was my first game system, too. I don't think Golden Sun could've possibly sold as well as you're implying.
I always heard it sold really well back in the day. And yea, I only started playing Golden Sun this month and found it through the Smash community and if anything it is just helping to make the series grow even more in popularity as I discovered the series this way and no doubt #GoldenSunday helped too. I thought Isaac seemed cool so decided to play Golden Sun and I can already say it is one of my favourite games ever.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
My bróthers and I called Isaac "The Hand Man" back in the days of Brawl. We had no clue who he was. It wasn't until Smash 4 DLC speculation went around that I learned who Isaac actually was and what Golden Sun was.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Me neither. Never heard of Golden Sun outside the Smash community. Of course, when little me got hands on Smash Bros. and saw all the Fire Emblem characters, he thought that they should have Cloud instead of all these other obscure Final Fantasy characters, so maybe I'm just ignorant.
But Golden Sun is completely dead, with the last game in the series of 3 being announced about 10 years ago.

Also, why are we talking about Golden Sun again?

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Me neither. Never heard of Golden Sun outside the Smash community. Of course, when little me got hands on Smash Bros. and saw all the Fire Emblem characters, he thought that they should have Cloud instead of all these other obscure Final Fantasy characters, so maybe I'm just ignorant.
But Golden Sun is completely dead, with the last game in the series of 2 being announced about 10 years ago.

Also, why are we talking about Golden Sun again?
Yea this topic doesn't make sense but there is actually 3 Golden Sun games.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If they kept Isaac out because his series is dormant that's so dumb. Relevance shouldn't be a necessity for the roster. Heck, they could even use adding him to Smash to introduce him and Golden Sun to a wider audience before continuing the series or remaking some of the games. It's very disheartening to know fan demand means nothing compared to what the company plans to advertise.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
If they kept Isaac out because his series is dormant that's so dumb. Relevance shouldn't be a necessity for the roster. Heck, they could even use adding him to Smash to introduce him and Golden Sun to a wider audience before continuing the series or remaking some of the games. It's very disheartening to know fan demand means nothing compared to what the company plans to advertise.
I would've taken Isaac over Corrin in a heartbeat if Nintendo wanted a walking advertisement.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
IMO Sakurai doesn't see them as "retro picks" and just makes it a goal to add one or two joke characters. G&W/ice climbers, ROB/pit, duck hunt/wii fit, and now piranha plant are all joke characters, I'd say. Plus, Isaac isn't exactly retro. His first game was on GBA.
Since when are Pit and the Icies joke characters? The former wasn't that goofy until 4 incorporated material from his Uprising portrayal, and even then the silliness mostly happened in the PGs. :dizzy:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Relevance shouldn't be a necessity for the roster. Heck, they could even use adding him to Smash to introduce him and Golden Sun to a wider audience before continuing the series or remaking some of the games.
Never understood this mindset. Smash is (well, mostly is) about iconic characters duking it out in a massive crossover, not for shameless advertising (even IF Nintendo has used it for such). Isaac shouldn't get in just because he's a special snowflake that they randomly want to revive. IMO I don't think the character should be added at all. The series failed the test of time plain and simple and outside of a VERY VERY VERY tiny smash group there's literally no interest in the series among Nintendo fans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally feel a character needs to actually earn their spot in Smash, like Ridley consistently appearing in games for 30 friggin years. Now THAT'S worth celebrating. It's also why I feel Bandana Dee actually EARNED his spot.

But either way lets not get off-topic.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Why does it matter how the characters were chosen? Thanksgiving is soon in America, a holiday about being thankful for what you have and not wanting more. Let's put that into practice for Smash. This roster is amazing whether or not Bandana Dee is in it. He will definitely make it better, but it won't be worse without.

So stop arguing about behind the scenes character choices, we'll know the full roster in about 14 months, so calm down.

You're all helping to make Dee supporters look worse.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why does it matter how the characters were chosen? Thanksgiving is soon in America, a holiday about being thankful for what you have and not wanting more. Let's put that into practice for Smash. This roster is amazing whether or not Bandana Dee is in it. He will definitely make it better, but it won't be worse without.

So stop arguing about behind the scenes character choices, we'll know the full roster in about 14 months, so calm down.

Yeah man. We can't judge anyone or anything regarding Smash unless we're privy into the negotiations that happen. We're supposed to be better than this. This isn't the general thread (which is bad, enough said).

Getting concerned about picks happens after the DLC is out, not before.

Also, I have to wonder how Star Allies' new mode will work in regards to level structure.

SwitchButton

Let's not bring this sillyness here. We aren't a political party, we're regular people talking about a video game character. The only people who look bad are people that sincerely try to generalize an entire group of people as being "bad" based on their personal tastes in video game characters. And frankly, absolutely nothing provoked you to say that.

Did you not see Golden Sunday on Twitter???
No. Which says a lot really. :p

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
This is Smash Boards. Star Allies new mode doesn't affect Smash hype or the game in any way shape or form. We are not a Kirby chat room.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Never understood this mindset. Smash is (well, mostly is) about iconic characters duking it out in a massive crossover, not for shameless advertising (even IF Nintendo has used it for such). Isaac shouldn't get in just because he's a special snowflake that they randomly want to revive. IMO I don't think the character should be added at all. The series failed the test of time plain and simple and outside of a VERY VERY VERY tiny smash group there's literally no interest in the series among Nintendo fans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally feel a character needs to actually earn their spot in Smash, like Ridley consistently appearing in games for 30 friggin years. Now THAT'S worth celebrating. It's also why I feel Bandana Dee actually EARNED his spot.

You clearly do not know how well regarded and beloved the Golden Sun series was back in it's prime where it had both critical and financial success and it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Fire Emblem took until Awakening to reach the sales success that Golden Sun had in it's prime, Isaac isn't just a "special snowflake". Smash is still about stars from Nintendo franchises duking it out which it has been since 1998 and Golden Sun has proven to have the success or more that some Nintendo IPs represented in Smash have. Isaac and Golden Sun isn't just a character we chose from a randomiser, it's a game series we love and we hold dear to our hearts and clearly has the potential for more growth as an IP. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to revive a series. By your logic Pit didn't deserve to be added to Smash Bros back in Brawl.

SwitchButton

You clearly do not know how well regarded and beloved the Golden Sun series was back in it's prime
Each game sold worse then the last, and the first game was a modest success at best, so you're clearly overstating how "beloved" it was.

Fire Emblem took until Awakening to reach the sales success that Golden Sun had in it's prime
Fire Emblem got into Smash via different circumstances. They wanted to advertise the series in the west before it premiered to western audiences. Not to mention between being added to Smash and becoming a huge franchise the only newcomer it got was Ike. By the time Smash 4 came out Golden Sun had long since died, and FE had become huge. Also, Fire Emblem was a long standing and established franchise when it got into Melee. Golden Sun was one game, and then the series fell apart with both sequels. The series failed in every way to cement itself. Hell look at ARMS, even that series needs to prove it's longevity before Sakurai will allow it to get in. Golden Sun isn't some poor victim, it just failed a basic requirement.

Golden Sun has proven to have the success or more that some Nintendo IPs represented in Smash have
By selling good one time, selling below expectations twice then dying?

There's nothing wrong with people wanting to revive a series
There is something wrong with thinking Smash is your personal tool to rez your favorite c-list jrpg though. Frankly that's just straight up entitled. Also, Pit is a retro rep. At the end of the day Golden Sun as a whole simply missed the boat, and it's not getting another chance. Happens to many characters. Very unfortunate but that is life.

Now lets get back on topic. This isn't the Assist Trophy salt thread, this is the Bandana Waddle Dee thread. I'll probably just report any more whinging

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Since when are Pit and the Icies joke characters? The former wasn't that goofy until 4 incorporated material from his Uprising portrayal, and even then the silliness mostly happened in the PGs. :dizzy:
Pit WAS a joke character, because the last kid icarus game was in like 1989 or something at the time. Ice Climbers are a joke character for the same reason Duck Hunt is. Pit just happened to get a new game, because Sakurai liked his redesign a lot.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

How did it fail the test of time if 17 years later people still love and demand the series? Besides most of the characters that are on the roster aren't iconic and Golden Sun had done better popularity wise and sales wise than some of them. Oh and let's not forget the only reason the series didn't keep going wasn't because the series was unpopular but rather a large staff shift at Camelot so they were unable to follow up the second game for a decade and the only game to underperform was released on a console who's replacement was 3 months from release. You may not "think" he's earned his place but yeah he has earned a spot and should be there. Also, I should point out that arguing a character needs to be iconic and supporting Bandana Dee who isn't iconic is kind of silly. Don't get we wrong I love him to death but he's not an icon.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Each game sold worse then the last, and the first game was a modest success at best, so you're clearly overstating how "beloved" it was.

Fire Emblem got into Smash via different circumstances. They wanted to advertise the series in the west before it premiered to western audiences. Not to mention between being added to Smash and becoming a huge franchise the only newcomer it got was Ike. By the time Smash 4 came out Golden Sun had long since died, and FE had become huge. Also, Fire Emblem was a long standing and established franchise when it got into Melee. Golden Sun was one game, and then the series fell apart with both sequels. The series failed in every way to cement itself. Hell look at ARMS, even that series needs to prove it's longevity before Sakurai will allow it to get in. Golden Sun isn't some poor victim, it just failed a basic requirement.

There is something wrong with thinking Smash is your personal tool to rez your favorite c-list jrpg though. Frankly that's just straight up entitled. Also, Pit is a retro rep. At the end of the day Golden Sun as a whole simply missed the boat, and it's not getting another chance. Happens to many characters. Very unfortunate but that is life.

Now lets get back on topic. This isn't the Assist Trophy salt thread, this is the Bandana Waddle Dee thread. I'll probably just report any more whinging
Oh my...

The first two games both sold over 1 million so you saying that only the first was a 'modest success' is absolutely false.

Also calling our fanbase entitled just because we want a character that isn't from a recent game? How does that make us entitled at all?

Most of us aren't actually salty over the Assist Trophy, if anything it at least shows someone is listening to the fans after the cut.

Also lmao you are the entitled one by saying you will report anything else because you think we are salty and winging...

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

That's... pretty mean to say.
I personally don't have much of an attachment to Isaac or Golden Sun, but even then I still supported Isaac's potential inclusion in Smash because there are people out there who REALLY care about him and Golden Sun. The series may not be as relevant as before, but that hasn't stopped characters like Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt from joining the battle. Sure, they were probably put in for specific reasons, but I highly doubt another entry in their respective series will ever see the light of day. However, they're still part of gaming's history, even if it's just retro gaming. Golden Sun is still a part of gaming's history any way you slice the pie, relevant or not, popular or not, successful or not. Super Smash Bros. is a celebration of gaming as a whole, and realistically, practically ANY video game character is eligible to join in, and not just the ones that you or I see fit.

Even though I support Bandana Dee the most out of any potential character to join the battle, I don't feel obligated to really put down any other characters that are still in the running or have missed the mark.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hoo boy there is some salt going on right now. Being mean to characters who are already deconfirmed isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

To change the subject: Since there aren't any spear users in smash, and the closest we have is a whip user, do you think Bandana Dee would work better as a weaker but faster character with super long range, or a stronger and more deliberate character where all of his long-range moves are slow and powerful? The latter sounds more fun to me, but the former probably fits Dee's character better.

11th

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize that this was General Discussion 2.0. :b

That's because they were not "joke" characters, just "surprises". Some of them may be designed to be quirky and goofy, but they were developed just as seriously as any other character on the roster. The only difference is that people didn't expect them.

The only character that might be considered a real "joke" is Jigglypuff, and that's only because of the shield break effect.

---

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Star Allies came out too late to be referenced IMO, I didn't even see a PNG image, I mean Spirit, from it.
In addition to what Guynamednelson said earlier, I'm pretty sure that they used Chef Kawasaki's Star Allies model as a base for his Assist Trophy. (If I had to guess, his SA model was probably finished by mid-2017, giving them plenty of time to add it.) Spirit and music references to it are very possible, though not necessarily likely. That said, I do think that Star Allies was far too late to influence anything in Kirby's, Dedede's, and Meta Knight's movesets, so MK's Final Smash probably did use KSSU as a very loose reference.

As for the SA elements being used in a moveset for Dee, I'm still of the opinion that he doesn't really need to reference specific games outside of his Final Smash. Bandana Dee is not a Star Allies rep, but a general Kirby series rep, and should be treated as such. Spear (and maybe Parasol) alone gives him a lot to work with, and we don't currently have a small character with a moveset as disjointed as his could be.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hoo boy there is some salt going on right now. Being mean to characters who are already deconfirmed isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

To change the subject: Since there aren't any spear users in smash, and the closest we have is a whip user, do you think Bandana Dee would work better as a weaker but faster character with super long range, or a stronger and more deliberate character where all of his long-range moves are slow and powerful? The latter sounds more fun to me, but the former probably fits Dee's character better.
Personally I’d go for the former, that’s really what I’m looking for in a spear user and it’d fit Dee more.

Plus, slow but powerful long-range moves sounds like the Belmonts.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Personally I’d go for the former, that’s really what I’m looking for in a spear user and it’d fit Dee more.

Plus, slow but powerful long-range moves sounds like the Belmonts.
The Belmonts are actually decently fast and not super powerful from what I've seen, plus they're more zoners than spacers anyway. They got projectiles.

SwitchButton

How did it fail the test of time
By failing to meet sales expectations twice and thus resulting in it's franchise being taken out back and shot in the head. A small SMALL minority of Smash fans talking about it is not "standing the test of time" Actually making money and sales is.
Besides most of the characters that are on the roster aren't iconic
This is such a meaningless statement because you're twisting the definition of "iconic", and ignoring the context of the character inclusions. Timing plays a big part, and Isaac missed his shot due to poor timing and due to the declined state of his franchise. Like I said, he's not alone. Lots of characters aren't in for that reason. Such is life.
m. Oh and let's not forget the only reason the series didn't keep going wasn't because the series was unpopular but rather a large staff shift at Camelot so they were unable to follow up the second game for a decade and the only game to underperform was released on a console who's replacement was 3 months from release.
Yes franchise decline is often due to shaky ground at the Studio, and unfortunate timing. This doesn't excuse the poor sequel sales in the eyes of the shareholders so the series got put down. Again, life stinks but that's how it goes.
You may not "think" he's earned his place but yeah he has earned a spot and should be there
He failed to cement his franchise, thus doesn't deserve a spot. Blame people like me for never hearing or caring about the games, blame Nintendo, blame Sakurai's cat, blame anyone you want, but them's the breaks.
The first two games both sold over 1 million so you saying that only the first was a 'modest success'
Only the first one sold over a million. Both sequels sold so poorly that Nintendo has never actually published their numbers. VGchartz doesn't use real numbers, they guess.
Also calling our fanbase entitled just because we want a character that isn't from a recent game? How does that make us entitled at all?
Because thinking you naturally deserve special advertising spots for a theoretical "remake" or "revival" on the roster is extremely entitled. Wanting the character isn't entitled, obviously.
Also lmao you are the entitled one by saying you will report anything else because you think we are salty and winging...
Actually I'm reporting because you're derailing a thread with offtopic assist trophy moaning.
I don't feel obligated to really put down any other characters
I'm not putting any character down. I'm just stating the simple fact that Nintendo doesn't care about adding dead jrpgs from the GBA to Smash. This whole derailing started because some dude is still red in the face over Incineroar getting on over some anime sword guy that nobody remembers or cares about anymore.

Anyways lets just agree to report any more off-topic garbage from here on out. This thread is about Dee. Not more Grinch crying.

---

As for the SA elements being used in a moveset for Dee, I'm still of the opinion that he doesn't really need to reference specific games outside of his Final Smash. Bandana Dee is not a Star Allies rep, but a general Kirby series rep, and should be treated as such. Spear (and maybe Parasol) alone gives him a lot to work with, and we don't currently have a small character with a moveset as disjointed as his could be.
Agreed. I think Simon and K.Rool prove that you don't need wacky magical attacks to be a cool fighter. Bandana Dee's basic abilities would be better as a more natural representation of him, I personally feel.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

I'd go with the former, since he'd probably be as lightweight as Meta Knight and Kirby. Although, his spear may prove to be quite useful for pulling off attacks with more reach than theirs, so being nimble with long range would be pretty cool despite being weaker.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
If I were to pick he'd be a glass cannon with lots of keep away zoning dis jointed hit boxes with the pole of the spear doing less damage but more push back while the tip some what fixates the opponent at a certain spot. Side B parosal for approach and deflect but that might just be broken. Or he could use the javelin throw to jank off stage. Only time will tell with the DLC characters

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'd go with the former, since he'd probably be as lightweight as Meta Knight and Kirby. Although, his spear may prove to be quite useful for pulling off attacks with more reach than theirs, so being nimble with long range would be pretty cool despite being weaker.
Him being lightweight is another reason it'd be awesome for him to be powerful, we don't really have any glass-cannon type characters in smash, unless you count Little Mac. Maybe I'm biased just because I love heavyweights and hard hitting characters /shrug

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Him being lightweight is another reason it'd be awesome for him to be powerful, we don't really have any glass-cannon type characters in smash, unless you count Little Mac. Maybe I'm biased just because I love heavyweights and hard hitting characters /shrug
Now that you mention it, unless I completely overlooked what you were saying, he could finally be the first Kirby character to at least be strategically balanced in terms of weight and power. Dedede is powerful, but considerably slow, but Bandana Dee being powerful AND quick/lightweight would be pretty nice! Although, I wouldn't want some of his attacks to have too much end lag, otherwise he could be punished easily (unless that's the sacrificial point of his abilities). Although, like I said, his spear (and perhaps his parasol in some cases) could provide him with longer, more ranged attacks so he could escape some forms of punishment.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Now that you mention it, unless I completely overlooked what you were saying, he could finally be the first Kirby character to at least be strategically balanced in terms of weight and power. Dedede is powerful, but considerably slow, but Bandana Dee being powerful AND quick/lightweight would be pretty nice! Although, I wouldn't want some of his attacks to have too much end lag, otherwise he could be punished easily (unless that's the sacrificial point of his abilities). Although, like I said, his spear (and perhaps his parasol in some cases) could provide him with longer, more ranged attacks so he could escape some forms of punishment.
Spears are typically (at least from video games I've played) the kind of attacks with long start-up but short end lag, so you have to commit to them, but if you miss they can't punish you super hard. It'd be the kind of thing where it's easy to hold your ground, but very difficult to approach. A glass cannon with a huge emphasis on spacing would be so cool.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
By failing to meet sales expectations twice and thus resulting in it's franchise being taken out back and shot in the head. A small SMALL minority of Smash fans talking about it is not "standing the test of time" Actually making money and sales is.

This is such a meaningless statement because you're twisting the definition of "iconic", and ignoring the context of the character inclusions. Timing plays a big part, and Isaac missed his shot due to poor timing and due to the declined state of his franchise. Like I said, he's not alone. Lots of characters aren't in for that reason. Such is life.

Yes franchise decline is often due to shaky ground at the Studio, and unfortunate timing. This doesn't excuse the poor sequel sales in the eyes of the shareholders so the series got put down. Again, life stinks but that's how it goes.

He failed to cement his franchise, thus doesn't deserve a spot. Blame people like me for never hearing or caring about the games, blame Nintendo, blame Sakurai's cat, blame anyone you want, but them's the breaks.

Only the first one sold over a million. Both sequels sold so poorly that Nintendo has never actually published their numbers. VGchartz doesn't use real numbers, they guess.

Because thinking you naturally deserve special advertising spots for a theoretical "remake" or "revival" on the roster is extremely entitled. Wanting the character isn't entitled, obviously.

Actually I'm reporting because you're derailing a thread with offtopic assist trophy moaning.

I'm not putting any character down. I'm just stating the simple fact that Nintendo doesn't care about adding dead jrpgs from the GBA to Smash. This whole derailing started because some dude is still red in the face over Incineroar getting on over some anime sword guy that nobody remembers or cares about anymore.

Anyways lets just agree to report any more off-topic garbage from here on out. This thread is about Dee. Not more Grinch crying.

---

Agreed. I think Simon and K.Rool prove that you don't need wacky magical attacks to be a cool fighter. Bandana Dee's basic abilities would be better as a more natural representation of him, I personally feel.
Dude, where are you getting the second game, sold less than a million? That's incorrect info. At least look into what you're saying before you try and argue.
If I were to pick he'd be a glass cannon with lots of keep away zoning dis jointed hit boxes with the pole of the spear doing less damage but more push back while the tip some what fixates the opponent at a certain spot. Side B parosal for approach and deflect but that might just be broken. Or he could use the javelin throw to jank off stage. Only time will tell with the DLC characters
That's how I always imagined he'd be implemented

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Warned for flaming
Dude, where are you getting the second game, sold less than a million? That's incorrect info. At least look into what you're saying before you try and argue.
It flopped. Numbers where never published. Shoo shoo back to your mourning thread. Reported for offtopic.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It flopped. Numbers where never published. Shoo shoo back to your mourning thread. Reported for offtopic.
But it didn't flop though you are just claiming it did for some reason. In fact, the CESA White Papers list the game as having 1.12 million sales and puts it the top 40 GBA games.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Spears are typically (at least from video games I've played) the kind of attacks with long start-up but short end lag, so you have to commit to them, but if you miss they can't punish you super hard. It'd be the kind of thing where it's easy to hold your ground, but very difficult to approach. A glass cannon with a huge emphasis on spacing would be so cool.
Agreed! Now, I'm hoping that Bandana Dee plays that way if he gets into Smash lol

D

Deleted member

I was imagining Bandana Dee would be like that in a way. His attacks would have some start-up compared to a character like Meta Knight, but his endlag is lowered. I was thinking that he would have a tipper mechanic similar to Marth, but not getting the tipper isn't super detrimental.

I'll need to reconsider the moveset I gave him years ago (and his Final Smash I gave him was super lame). I might start from scratch and give him new moves entirely. I was also thinking of giving him a special shield much like Yoshi's where he uses his umbrella to guard.
I was thinking his specials would be...
Neutral: Spear Throw - Throws a spear that travels farther the longer you charge it.
Side: Parasol - Bandana Dee uses his umbrella to shield himself from projectiles and attacks in front of him. It can be held indefinitely and is multi-hitting
Up: Spear Copter - Nuff said.
Down: I am a little conflicted on this one.
My first idea is for him to charge up a sled that he brings out of hammer space (like Wario and his bike) and it rams into players. It would be a reference to his segments in Kirby 64 (FYI, the Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 was implied by Hal to be Bandana Dee in case you didn't know).
My other idea is Beam. He would bring out a wand and charge a beam. The first level is weak and goes forward and over, the second level is longer reaching but only goes in front of Dee, and the last level is a powerful blast when fully charged.

Final Smash: I was thinking of a Waddle Dee Stampede that he summons or the Megaton Punch, both being trapping Final Smashes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Holy crap, why is everyone arguing about GS these days. Yes, Golden Sun sold pretty well, but that was over 10 years ago. The series is finished like Earthbound did, concluding like a normal story. Sure, the series is still remembered for being good, but we're not going to get a fighter from a game that's clearly dead and Nintendo doesn't care much about anymore.

How did we begin talking about GS anyway? Oh, right. Someone used GS as a counter to an argument I made like a day or two ago. Let's avoid off topic conversations, please.

BACK TO DEE!

Just throwing this out there, I love the idea of Dee using Ganondorf style disjoints: Slow start up, very little end lag. I'm sorry I can't quote the person who made that idea, my wifi is wack rn.

D

Deleted member

Holy crap, why is everyone arguing about GS these days. Yes, Golden Sun sold pretty well, but that was over 10 years ago. The series is finished like Earthbound did, concluding like a normal story. Sure, the series is still remembered for being good, but we're not going to get a fighter from a game that's clearly dead and Nintendo doesn't care much about anymore.
Err... I hate to go back on the topic of GS, but to my knowledge Dark Dawn ended on a cliffhanger that hasn't been resolved in 10 years. So it's considered incomplete at this moment.

Anyways, back on the topic of Dee.

Just throwing this out there, I love the idea of Dee using Ganondorf style disjoints: Slow start up, very little end lag.
I doubt that Dee's attacks will have start-up like Ganondorf's if we are going by him in Brawl and Smash 4 (I haven't seen too much gameplay of him in Ultimate), but I can see his forward tilt be a stab forward that has some noticeable start-up for example. I don't think his attacks will start-up quickly, but they won't take a year like a heavy fighter.

Top Bottom