• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Tomato Brussel Sprout RED PAAANNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah, that's a good setup to use for dacus

im a melee player and cant really stand changing my controls at all, even tap jump haha

so i do everything w/ default controllers, so i claw A for my dacus and still do it pretty well :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dacus has nothing to really do with the runing animation it's the dashattack animation thats important. you can do it from any where you can do a dash attack.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Im sure everyone know how to do it but every little helps right...XP

anyways I use standard controls to DACUS but ive noticed its the last bit that is most important. the up+A. it seems you can mess up the timing for anything else but as long as you conciously make sure to up+A simulatinously at the end, she will DACUS

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
The ftilt footstool needle storm dacus combo, is SEX in one go. This should be the bible for all you sheik and zelda mains. This guide helps go into alot of detail. I def use this to get my shiek and zelda up to tourny level.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
The ftilt footstool needle storm dacus combo, is SEX in one go. This should be the bible for all you sheik and zelda mains. This guide helps go into alot of detail. I def use this to get my shiek and zelda up to tourny level.
There ain't no way that's legit......

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I recently realized that Sheik's DACUS is much easier than I thought. I was just inputting other aspects that I hadn't originally considered incorrectly. Keep in mind that I have the Z-button set to attack (so much easier, I just have to get used to Y as grab), but it should work the same for normal configuration users.

I'd always thought that my biggest problem with the DACUS was my incorrect timing of her Usmash during the DA. When I messed up, I'd either end up doing a DA or Fsmash, and figured that I was just inputting the C-stick tap too late or too early, respectively, because the frame opening was way too tight. Now I realize that this was only half right, and that although it is still the tightest opening for all the DACUS's in the game, it is not nearly as bad/hard as I originally thought. In fact, as long as you don't input the Usmash too late, inputting the Usmash anytime after inputting the DA correctly will ALWAYS produce a successful DACUS, if you are doing it right; eg. there is no such thing as "too early" as long as you've tapped the Cstick down after a dash. If this doesn't seem true to you, then you are probably making the same mistake I was, so keep reading.

If you are coming out of an attempted DACUS DAing instead of performing the intended DACUS, then you are in fact hitting up+Z/A too late. But if you are doing an Fsmash, then you are inputing your Usmash wrong. It sounds ridiculous, right? It seems like such an easy thing to do. But what I discovered was that when I took out the C-stick tap from the input sequence, (Control stick tap forward [dash] > up+Z [Usmash]) I was actually doing an Fsmash instead of a hyphened Usmash. When I saw this, I just though; "... No way." I practiced for a few seconds to do the hyphened Usmash correctly, kept the sequence in my mind, and then just added the C-stick tap in-between the dash and Usmash inputs. This resulted in a flawless DACUS which I now do successfully almost every single time. Turns out I was so convinced that the timing was ridiculously incredibly tight, that I was rushing my Usmash in. The result was that I was actually hitting Z (attack) before my control stick had the chance to move from "forward" position to "up". Forward + Attack = Fsmash =/= Usmash = Up + Attack.

Long story short: IF YOU CAN DO A HYPHENED UP-SMASH USING THE CONTROL STICK TO DASH AND UP + WHATEVER BUTTON YOU HAVE SET ON ATTACK TO UP-SMASH, THEN YOU CAN DACUS BY JUST ADDING A DOWN-TAP ON THE C-STICK IN BETWEEN.

DACUS. IS. NO LONGER. HARD!

Dcold

Smash Lord
I recently realized that Sheik's DACUS is much easier than I thought. I was just inputting other aspects that I hadn't originally considered incorrectly. Keep in mind that I have the Z-button set to attack (so much easier, I just have to get used to Y as grab), but it should work the same for normal configuration users.

I'd always thought that my biggest problem with the DACUS was my incorrect timing of her Usmash during the DA. When I messed up, I'd either end up doing a DA or Fsmash, and figured that I was just inputting the C-stick tap too late or too early, respectively, because the frame opening was way too tight. Now I realize that this was only half right, and that although it is still the tightest opening for all the DACUS's in the game, it is not nearly as bad/hard as I originally thought. In fact, as long as you don't input the Usmash too late, inputting the Usmash anytime after inputting the DA correctly will ALWAYS produce a successful DACUS, if you are doing it right; eg. there is no such thing as "too early" as long as you've tapped the Cstick down after a dash. If this doesn't seem true to you, then you are probably making the same mistake I was, so keep reading.

If you are coming out of an attempted DACUS DAing instead of performing the intended DACUS, then you are in fact hitting up+Z/A too late. But if you are doing an Fsmash, then you are inputing your Usmash wrong. It sounds ridiculous, right? It seems like such an easy thing to do. But what I discovered was that when I took out the C-stick tap from the input sequence, (Control stick tap forward [dash] > up+Z [Usmash]) I was actually doing an Fsmash instead of a hyphened Usmash. When I saw this, I just though; "... No way." I practiced for a few seconds to do the hyphened Usmash correctly, kept the sequence in my mind, and then just added the C-stick tap in-between the dash and Usmash inputs. This resulted in a flawless DACUS which I now do successfully almost every single time. Turns out I was so convinced that the timing was ridiculously incredibly tight, that I was rushing my Usmash in. The result was that I was actually hitting Z (attack) before my control stick had the chance to move from "forward" position to "up". Forward + Attack = Fsmash =/= Usmash = Up + Attack.

Long story short: IF YOU CAN DO A HYPHENED UP-SMASH USING THE CONTROL STICK TO DASH AND UP + WHATEVER BUTTON YOU HAVE SET ON ATTACK TO UP-SMASH, THEN YOU CAN DACUS BY JUST ADDING A DOWN-TAP ON THE C-STICK IN BETWEEN.

DACUS. IS. NO LONGER. HARD!
DACUS hasn't been hard for a while, once you get it down it's muscle memory that is literally easy as hell. So you're kind of late saying it's no longer hard. Re-inventing the wheel

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Fair enough. I had a good feeling this would happen, but I figured it would be worth putting up anyway, just in case.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm unstickying this if SinkingHigher doesn't change the title back to something that makes sense, lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I say go ahead and unsticky it, it's outdated and i'm sure sinking doesn't care about it anymore anyways xD.

Top Bottom