• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Tomato Brussel Sprout RED PAAANNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha wow. i still never use the chain.

it seems like a crazy option but i just might try it out when i play ssome friendlies next time

sooooo situational to get someone actually that close...

Villi

Smash Lord
I had a Jiggz DI into me and rest while I chain locked him in pools, one time. >.< Same Jiggz tried it again in tournament and teleported off the ledge asleep lol.

Villi

Smash Lord
He was trying to SDI into me and rest and I guess he's just too good at SDI.

I can't imagine what he'd have to do to be able to pull something like that. To escape from dtilt locks under the PS1 tree, I just put my palm against the joystick and mash quarter circles as hard as I can. x:

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Me and Kat discovered a new tech and possibly the physics behind Nayru's Love. I'll be posting the videos soon.

Basically it involved B reversal Love Jumps which in turn will reverse your momentum after being it. This opportunity arises at the breaking point of hitstun (typically this is when you would f-air and fast fall)

Note that at this point, which is the peak of your trajectory in terms of height, you can smack the joystick down and initiate fast-falling without any aerial attacks. This new downward momentum has the ability to use NL as a vessel, letting you essentially fast-fall NL, in any direction between down-left and down-right.

Until I get the videos uploaded you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraLkK3wyPs

At about 1:02 you see NinjaLink fast fall out of the tumble animation. That has to happen before the tech will work. Hm, I guess this means all credit goes to Ninjalink for the discovery.

Oh, wrong version. Well, might be useful to some sheiks anyway.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
hey you need add one more thing to the vanish guide.
you know when you have tap jump off. you cant jump vanish unless you press the jump vanish. i found out you can but you kind of have to be off the edge, and sheik jumps and vanishes. its way lot faster than jumping and vanishing. just spread the word. just goto your edge.

smash left then up vanish. instead. of sheik gliding he short jumps to a vanish automatically.

this is useful for your opponent who jump into the stage instead of trying to get the edge.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so my friendlies with cross showed me

that the chain is actually legit sometimes LOL

i still won't use it a lot but man

there are those situations where i just wanna whip it out and swing it around... like my ****...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It takes extreme prediction and, more likely, a lot of luck. If you're in the right place at the right time (namely, under a falling opponent in the helpless flashy animation) you're good, and you can punish some bad ledge recoveries with it.

From what I've seen Metaknight seems to have some trouble getting out of it. iirc his wings open up when he gets hit and I think they might have a hurtbox, so he becomes an EXCEPTIONALLY wide character when you consider wing span.

However, he and jigglypuff seem to be easiest to chainlock in my own experience, so it could be a floaty character thing.

I recall some talk about metaknight being unable to make it through sheiks chain. Is this still just talk or did I miss something?

The chain is a seriously underrated tool. Most characters (about 60% of the cast as an estimate) can't make it through good chainguarding.

In my rage at a Snake I developed an alternative method of chainguarding. Hold the joystick (lol. what a name) in the down+right position, and violently vibrate the controller with your right hand. If used for a chainLOCK, you will not maintain a good flow of hits and it will end prematurely, but for a chainGUARD, you increase the size of the hitbox and make the entire chain move faster, making it much harder for some characters (the ones that have a mild problem with chainguard, like ganondorf or falco).

Anyway, that's that. Sheik Guide complete revamp should be happening within the next few weeks.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The chain is amazing for edge guarding as your opponent has to jump into the **** to recover. I've done on more then one occasion do 70 damage on characters trying to recover with the jump into chain and on even gimp poorer recoveries with it. Seriously, I'm surprise how few use it as it takes roughly just as long as a vanish to come out and a lot of Sheik use that.

~sighs~

It's sucks that I don't want to share anything truly noteworthy anymore with the community so I can be the best sheik one day if not player then I see people completely ignore things that I value greatly and want to tell them.... I don't know if I get ***** at Apex or something I'll make a thread on some of my tricks and set ups I have with the chain.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Anyway, that's that. Sheik Guide complete revamp should be happening within the next few weeks.
I would be helpful if you put some vids in your guide for each technique.

It's sucks that I don't want to share anything truly noteworthy anymore with the community so I can be the best sheik one day if not player then I see people completely ignore things that I value greatly and want to tell them.... I don't know if I get ***** at Apex or something I'll make a thread on some of my tricks and set ups I have with the chain.
I don't know about other people, but I read your posts :). I'm looking forward to that thread you are going to make.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I didn't see it in the first post (i kinda just skimmed it), but has anyone tried recovering as sheik by transforming into Zelda and using her Up+B since it goes farther than sheiks and then try to land a good knock back move with Zelda and change back? I figured some of the main Sheik users might have tried that at times.

Good tactic or no?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I consistently use the transformation jump and if you know when and how to use it, it's quite safe.

I have really considered this tactic over the last few weeks. It has saved my life a number of times, but to use it as a constant recovery technique is a bit much. If you KNOW you're going to get gimped or won't reach, I'd advise it, since you're going to die anyway. Unfortunately, you have to make the call early so you can make the trasnformation jump happen.

Truth be told, it's quite rare that this situation would come along. At the percentage where you're too far to recover on most stages, you're probably about to die within the next 20 seconds...

So, once again, it's up to your own judgement.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
If you KNOW you're going to get gimped or won't reach, I'd advise it, since you're going to die anyway.
Yeah i agree I was trying this a little in training. It's doable but yeah it would have to be used as a final recovery option when all other options are impossible. Like if you are far away in the air trying to recover and you are out of jumps and you know for sure that neither your tether or your upB can make it Transformation Recovery can be attempted.

KgN_7

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know that you can increase the speed of the transformation by pressing B around the start of the transformation. I don't have any vids...yet but could someone confirm this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Does anyone know that you can increase the speed of the transformation by pressing B around the start of the transformation. I don't have any vids...yet but could someone confirm this.
This is false. Transformation is affected solely by disc load times.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Truth.

The only way to "speed up" transformation time is by pausing the game (since it keeps loading when the game is paused), but this will probably get you kicked out of tournies.

Choas11111

Smash Rookie
vanishing is so sweet!!! when somones trying to edge hog u on FD and u use up-b...its a stage spike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...well it dependsXD

colddegree

Smash Cadet
You know what would be cool if the wind could reflect or atleast cancel out projectiles like WoI. but it might be hard to time

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
vanishing is so sweet!!! when somones trying to edge hog u on FD and u use up-b...its a stage spike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...well it dependsXD
I use that a lot for people who think they can edge hog Sheik. Then you destroy them!
I dont know if the wind is useful
lol, the wind is useful.
Here is a Vanish combo:
Vanish> Vanish catch (catching them with the wind)> FF (fast fall)> Needles> DACUS

This video might be helpful to you two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOdTdBCTno&feature=channel_page

I also want to thank you guys for using the Q&A thread. Come back here for anymore questions plz.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
lol that videos the reason y i first came to this guide and decided to use boards again. Im Silentname248. check out my channel

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
DISCOVERY!

Well, not really lol, but it should be included in the OP. In the part about vanish gliding it explains how to glide without running up to the ledge. I was trying to do this for like 5 minutes before I realized why it wasn't working for me. Tap jump must be ON for the non-running vanish glide to work correctly, or at all.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Hello Sheik Boards ^_^. I was just looking over you stuff when I came across your DACUS. For the Alternate configuration where you replaced Z with an attack, your input buttons came out to be:

1. Forward
2. Z
3. Up
4. A.

Which works. But I also have been doing it like this:

1)Forward
2)Down-C
3) Up+ Z

IDK if you knew about doing it like that, but im pretty sure you did. But just incase i wanted to inform you all ^_^. I still trying to get it down, but when i started doing what I just posted it became a lot easier. =]

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
DISCOVERY!

Well, not really lol, but it should be included in the OP. In the part about vanish gliding it explains how to glide without running up to the ledge. I was trying to do this for like 5 minutes before I realized why it wasn't working for me. Tap jump must be ON for the non-running vanish glide to work correctly, or at all.
Not true. It works either way. Try again.

Jumping has nothing to do with this move.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Sinking's right. Just hit towards the edge and immediately do a vanish glide as per normal. Next to no horizontal movement across the ground with reasonable quick hands.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The entire mechanic of the Vanish glide is simply using the momentum of your run/walk to slide off the ledge during the startup of the Vanish, since starting Vanish doesn't immediately stop your movement.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
The entire mechanic of the Vanish glide is simply using the momentum of your run/walk to slide off the ledge during the startup of the Vanish, since starting Vanish doesn't immediately stop your movement.
*same thing with Needles but you don't float with those

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Hello Sheik Boards ^_^. I was just looking over you stuff when I came across your DACUS. For the Alternate configuration where you replaced Z with an attack, your input buttons came out to be:

1. Forward
2. Z
3. Up
4. A.

Which works. But I also have been doing it like this:

1)Forward
2)Down-C
3) Up+ Z

IDK if you knew about doing it like that, but im pretty sure you did. But just incase i wanted to inform you all ^_^. I still trying to get it down, but when i started doing what I just posted it became a lot easier. =]
I was actually just about to post asking if this didn't work. It works for all of the other character's DACUS's, so I was thinking, "Why wouldn't it work for her? =\"

Well, good to know you can do that. Makes things a lot simpler. =P

EDIT: NOOOOO I WAS WRONG! It actually doesn't work. o_o I haven't managed to do it once this way, and once I switched Z to attack, it got much easier...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just discovered a little summin summin while playing with Jiggz.

DACUS is arguably Sheiks most difficult AT and has the best pay-off. A lot of people struggle with the timing. I think we might have been doing it wrong.

Go to practice mode or something and tap right or left hard. See how Sheik does a double take? The initial dash animation, and then a sort of stomp to stop herself? When she gets to the part where she's just finishing the first phase, right before the stop, input the rest of DACUS as usual, and for some reason, I can now do it 100% of the time at will (despite the occasional adjustment to lag).

Happy DACUSing :D

Icyo

Smash Ace
Wouldn't that make it slower? You have that small time where you slow down for a little while.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey guys, I just discovered a little summin summin while playing with Jiggz.

DACUS is arguably Sheiks most difficult AT and has the best pay-off. A lot of people struggle with the timing. I think we might have been doing it wrong.

Go to practice mode or something and tap right or left hard. See how Sheik does a double take? The initial dash animation, and then a sort of stomp to stop herself? When she gets to the part where she's just finishing the first phase, right before the stop, input the rest of DACUS as usual, and for some reason, I can now do it 100% of the time at will (despite the occasional adjustment to lag).

Happy DACUSing :D
orly? I'll have to check this out.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
This is really cool. So this means it's possible to DACUS during the transitions from standing to run animation AND the end of the run to standing animation. Again, nifty.

*EDIT*

Correction: It's possible to DACUS at any point during the dash anime including the transition into and out of the animation. [assuming you don't get the laggy, skidding stop]

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This is really cool. So this means it's possible to DACUS during the transitions from standing to run animation AND the end of the run to standing animation. Again, nifty.

*EDIT*

Correction: It's possible to DACUS at any point during the dash anime including the transition into and out of the animation. [assuming you don't get the laggy, skidding stop]
Interesting. I posted it as soon as I found out, so I haven't fully tested all the variables and such, but at least we know it works now. The timing at the beginning was the problem for most people, so at least now that little problem is solved.

Hopefully this might open up some opportunities for jump grab releases.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I'm not understanding this. Could someone post a vid up? This could be useful as a mind game.

And, as sinking pointed out, does this make it viable for air grab releases? Or will doing this make the input too late?

I've already performing DACUS with ease. I've been doing with:

1) Forward
2) Down+C
3) Up+R

with R as my attack. I don't set Z to attack because I don't like making a new name on people's Wiis unless I know I'm going Sheik and I'm too used to Z as grab. Not to mention I never use R for shielding anyway.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I've been using it a bit more. You don't seem to go quite as far (but the difference is almost unnoticeable).

I think the time delay makes it hard to GRUST people, but I still haven't tested it out on everyone.

Ultimately, I think this works better as a surprise approach than anything else.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Well I was just finished learning how to do Sheik's DAC I guess I should have just looked in the Sheik forums... but uh the set up that worked for me was having R button as attack and tap jump off. R is much easier to press on a consistent basis than Z is, so you don't need to change to claw mode...

Top Bottom