• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Tomato Brussel Sprout RED PAAANNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hai Gais.

*useless bump*

EthanRodgers223 sent me this vid of him KOing with Wind. Like I've been saying, because of Sheik's superior edge-guarding skills, this can happen quite often.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVpamKaeCo

Sheik deserves to be High God tier because she's the only one that can KO from 0% without even touching anyone.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
teaching people about "hyphen smashes" is giving out false information - no such term exists. Stickied guides with false information is no good. When it's fixed i'll sticky it again.

All a "hyphen smash" is is an up smash - up smashing out of a dash has been in every smash game. it's just an up smash.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
When is this guide going to be updated with the character guide's for sheik?

I mean the moveset, the priority, the range etc. I know most of those myself but I'm too lazy to test for priority.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Oh I didn't know you guys wanted that kinda stuff in here. I was under the impression other posts already included that information.

I can add it if you want, but I would just be taking information from other posts, which would be much toil over nothing new. I guess I could link to those threads... Then again they're all stickied already.

Check out the other stickies. If there's still something missing I'll try to get it myself. Be aware though I have only CPUs to play against and no video recording equipment besides a digital camera.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Learn how to play them without any ATs, tricks, combos, glitches, whatever first.

Being a good player is ONLY about the basics. Make sure you know how to space yourself, edgeguard well, counter, sheild, attack, etc... first.

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
I saved my teammate from a KO with vanish wind purely by luck, it was sexy :D also, the other team's reaction was epic.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I have a problem. I sometimes accidentally (NEEDLE) glide and sometimes even get gimped and die because of it(which looks and sounds really bad). Is there any way to cancel needle charging in the air besides shooting them and airdodge? I watched some video's of gimpyfishes edgeplay and he seems to cancel faster than an airdodge.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't hold R or L or Z or whatever you're using to cancel the needles.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
When you Vanish glide, hold up and towards the stage so you dont get gimped. You might get hit, but once you're gliding, what other option do you have? Sheik should land on the stage even from the longest of glides.

As for question two, like Ankoku said, tap block, dont hold block.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well in that case I'm a little unsure of what you mean.

To needle glide run up to a ledge, or when standing near a ledge flick the joystick towards it, and hit B just like a vanish glide. To cancel the charge, quickly tap R. It is best to keep your finger on R.

Does that answer your question?

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Two things that are probably already known:

1. FSpecial has a sweetspot on the end.

2. on <50%, Utilt, Utilt sets you up really well for about everything.

ungulateman

Villi

Smash Lord
SinkingHigher, you were completely right about the reverse chain lock stuff. It is not terribly difficult to pull off in a real match. Predict a roll, tech chase, jab/ftilt run behind someone while they shield, straight up run behind someone from mid distance... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ygpmANVoYQ Here's a video. I was kind of reckless and sloppy with it cause I could be, but it works so good. I was practicing it going left and right all the way across FD (350% lol) before I did this match.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
:D

You mean my post on allisbrawl? Weird. Hahaha.

When someone is in that frozen free-falling state after recovering, or you know FOR SURE where they're gonna land, go ahead and pull it out.

After watching your video, something interesting came to mind. I know that if they're floating above you, you can sweetspot them with the tip to pull them straight down into the lock. I wonder if you can pull people through platforms though... That would be sweet.

Anyway, I noticed that your chainlock is somewhat "weak". I don't think you're quite jiggling your joystick enough. Still, good job on some of those locks. And completely unrelated, but that footstool was cool too.

LOL. Just after I posted this I unpaused the video...

1:47 to 1:55 was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I kinda woke up one morning and discovered I had the ability to DACUS every single time.

Two days later it was gone.

Now I can do it all the time :/

Play around with the timing. The time between each input is what matters.

I suppose I could record a video of my hands doing it. I dont know how the quality would be.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahaha like the week after it started tristan. :p

Any expertise you might be willing to share? We're in desperate need of a gameplay guide. Ordinarily I would do the work, but I have no experience in the "competative" tourney world.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hahaha like the week after it started tristan. :p

Any expertise you might be willing to share? We're in desperate need of a gameplay guide. Ordinarily I would do the work, but I have no experience in the "competative" tourney world.
Q_Q I would if I could

I'm just a scientist I don't fight in tournaments....yet.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
But you're in that Sheik/Zelda group only for experienced tourney peplz.

I think we've found all Sheik's "ATs" and glitches and stuff.

All that's really left now is gameplay guides.

Before this included Zelda, it was alright, but I think I need to reorganize the whole thread. I don't have a place to put little nifty tricks about Zelda in, like how Nayru's Love can cancel Final Smashes and stuff.

Top Bottom