• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Tomato Brussel Sprout RED PAAANNNNDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

popsofctown

Smash Champion
what's reverse needles? It's something that everyone knows.... so nobody mentions it to popsofctown.

BTW, my friend has a replay of Sheik's Vanish wind KOing a Marth who was using Dancing Blade (side B). He was right on the edge, taking steps forward with the way Dancing Blade does, and then Cpu 3 Sheik Vanished up to the ledge. I suppose Marth moved a teensy bit off the floor and lost friction. He sailled off in the 8 o clock direction, and died before he could have possibly done anything.

Just throwing that out there.

Another glitch, someone maybe should test this. Once i used the whip and smacked on snake's guided rocket. The rocket veered slightly, but not enough to miss me. However, for some reason, the rocket passed through Sheik's hurtbox and never exploded.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I have no idea what reverse needles are. Perhaps you mean B-Reversals?

We could compile a list of what moves the Wind can possibly KO with. That might be interesting. Losing a match without getting hurt. Whoa... Sheik is an awesome ninja.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the Snake thing. I think just as it was about to connect with your hitbox, the chain touched it one more time, and it ignored your hitbox for the chain's hitbox and sailed right through you. It's happened to me before.

uberlock

Smash Rookie
Wow another awesome guide, lots of stuff I need to go through.

Although the thing that may help me the most is:

* If you hold B while attempting to Tether,
Sheik will ignore the ledge all together*

I never knew that, which probably makes me a fool :p

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Took me months to figure out what the continuous clinking noise meant.

Anyhow, now that this is an all-encompassing Sheik Thread, (Which means there are now 5 new threads answered by this one, Mods :p) besides those moves mentioned in the "To Be Added" list at the top of the guide, are there any other Sheik things I'm unaware of?

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Nice work SinkingHigher :D Your thread is developing very nicely. I love the addition of pictures. Heh, its even making my Chain guide obsolete XD I might need to update it to just focus on its applications and just link how to do them to your thread.

Keep up the awesome work :) Too bad there's no active mods to sticky these guides :(.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. Resistance is futile! :p

Sorry for stealing your thunder. Though people that need more in-depth info can check your post still. I'll link it in the chain section as soon as I'm done with this.

I just took all the screencaps for:

Hyphen Smash
DACUS
F-tilt locks
Needle Locks
Grab Release -> Tipper.
Grab Release Combo.

All of those will be posted shortly.

...Aaaaaannnnndd, scene!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I was thinking from the beginning of doing a Zelda guide like this one in the Zelda forum, but I realised that her moves are much less "glitchy" than Sheiks.

I then realised that most players use Zelda to KO quite often.

Since I am actually a Zelda mainer, I think I'll do a Zelda section for KO set-ups. There are some really cool combo-like set-ups not many know about.

I'll add set-ups and good ways to KO (besides lightning kicks) shortly.

OH, one more thing.

Obviously I did not discover all these moves. If you know who did, please just list their username and which discovery they made.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
its been said before but needs to be said agaim

great guide, good use of pictures as well

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I just made a buttload of updates to the main post.

See the stars in the contents page for more info.

The Zelda Section is now full as far as I can tell.

I think I might re-model the Zelda part to add her tricks too. There are only a few. B-boosting, Love Jumps, Transformation Glides, FW Boosts.

After you check out the Zelda part, can anyone share some tips about Sheik KOs?

Oh. I just remembered that Tether-cancel > F-air thing.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
sheik's situational technique by me isn't in here blast portig

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182893
Im actually Planning on looking into blast porting now that Im done messing around with the chain jacket. Ive got a few ideas.... I might even make a video.

The concept might be applicable to other characters as well.

I think By the time Im done the technique will me much more noteworthy. :)

@Hey guys. I just made a buttload of updates to the main post.

Dangit, I just printed the entire thing off last night *grumbles*

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
This thread is extremely helpful. Thanks so much for making it. I was planning on spending all day looking for every special sheik AT/trick.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I know, I know I just posted. I figured it's stickied so this isn't really a bump anymore.

After continually hearing about how sucky Sheik is because she can't KO, and realising that everyone is trying to KO with a U-smash, I've decided to add a guide to fighting/playing as Sheik/Zelda. This way we can show Sheik noobs that THIS IS NOT MELEE. You must go for kills OFF THE SIDE of the stage, and then Sheik can KO possibly before Zelda. Max 100%.

I have my own notes. Strategies etc...

Please keep in mind this is general. i.e.:

Start by/always charge your needles.
ALWAYS pressure your opponent off the side of the stage.
Edge-guard whenever possible
etc...

So, please share your strats. Just common tips. This is not going to be a matchup chart or tier list or percentages/frame list or whatnot. Those are already taken care of.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. You guys don't really ask questions much. Feel free to ask when to use moves, how to use them better, who to use them against... If you're having any problems with these things, or just Sheik/Zelda in general, I'd be glad to help.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
very good guide. some of this is common sense. like vanish stall. ^_^ but some people don't is foxtrotting in your guide?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This is a sheik specific guide, so general things like fox-trotting will not be explained, though they may be mentioned in passing.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This guide needs some editing to get rid of very distracting errors.

Also I can't make sense of this step from the Nayru's Glide combo:

"4. As they recover, f-air using your second jump. As soon as her foot appears, SMACK the joystick in the opposite direction to "B-stick" the f-air."

Do you mean. . . fair while DIing to recover?

Surely there's a simpler way to say this. There's no B-sticking at all. You had me thinking I could reverse aerials.

Also, the technical term for "that stunned state where you're on the ground, which you can avoid with ukemi and escape by 'teching'," is 'prone'.
It's not Smash jargon but it should be, seeing as how we don't have another word for it, apparently.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Sometimes I'm so excited I type in a rush and make mistakes.

If you see any other errors feel free to tell me. I'll re-word the thing.

Anyway, here's what I meant.

Short hop an F-air while jumping forwards, and immediately after you pressed A, hit the backwards on the joystick. Zelda will lightning kick forwards while moving backwards. You know, like... when you do a Din while you move away from it. I'll post a video if it's still hard to understand.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Could you guys focus on grabs a little more? Perhaps suggesting followup combos after grabbing. I have trouble coming up with some. Always ends up being dash attack or uair, which I think it pathetic.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Thanks rinoH.

Zephron, are you talking about Zelda or Sheik? Could you be a little more specific? Do you mean after a Dthrow, Fthrow, Bthrow, Uthrow, Jump release, or Slide release? It's kinda hard to generalise since different sized characters behave differently.

I would love to add more info, but my University is blocking the ports for online mode, so I can only play against CPUs until I find a way around it. Try asking Ryoko or Ankoku or whoever. They seem to have very strong opinions about what works and what doesn't.

Oh, PK-ow!, I've been trying to get the CPU to recover from underneath the stage but it's ridiculously hard to get them down there with Zelda. I can show you a video of how it should look. I got it against the CPU a few times but I didn't sweetspot.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord

-Mars-

Smash Hero
PkOW, here are the vids I mentioned earlier.

Zelda's NL Combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9sstitdD7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUX4erQe7s

Oh, here are some new vids too...

Ledgewarp Spike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVzTV6IBiDw

How to kill with Wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMJmQmraIEc

Just wondering...

Is it easy to tell that the 5 pics poses on the top of the guide spells out S H E I K?
Wow, some of this stuff is just too good.......the Naryus stage spike, how I would love to end a game like that. Do you think ledgewarp spiking is actually practical though? If you miss the spike, your pretty much guaranteed to get edgehogged and you lose a stock........I think it's neat but it would be very situational and there wouldn't be very many situations for it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Wow, some of this stuff is just too good.......the Naryus stage spike, how I would love to end a game like that. Do you think ledgewarp spiking is actually practical though? If you miss the spike, your pretty much guaranteed to get edgehogged and you lose a stock........I think it's neat but it would be very situational and there wouldn't be very many situations for it.
With ledgewarp you retain the second jump, which means you can jump away from the stage while doing the spike, and then FW back to the stage. You never need to even grab the ledge.

Oh, by the way guys, here are the two new techs.

Edge Gliding (Sorry about the ****ty song. There was a conversation before that I didn't want you to hear so I used that youtube tool.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn87n23DZGg

Vanish Boosting. (minor. Maybe useful in some occasions.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dh5069_fO8

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but most of those combos seem like they would not have happened if P1 knew what "DI" meant. As Wario he DI'ed towards you which was obviously just so you could do the "combo".

I kinda felt like that was a waste of time since it can't be recreated in a real match. Can someone confirm my opinion that this seemed staged?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You don't have much DI at all from a jumping break. Try it yourself.

However, the chaingrabs I doubt are legitimate.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any advice for landing a DACUS? I keep trying, but its pretty hard.

This is a really great thread, i learned so much. Thanks.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I suggest you take a look at this video.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193903

DACUS, though close to the H-Smash, crosses a certain line in terms of it's properties, and thus, to some extent, cannot be used the same way.

The most popular use for this, being Sheik's strongest KO move, is to "catch" an opponent out of a grab release. There are certain conditions that need to be met for your opponent to jump-release.

1. Their feet do not touch the ground. If the opponent is tall, and their feet do touch the ground, THEY must be holding up.
2. They do not get released during a pummel.

(~Credit to Ankoku and InnocentRoad for that info.)

In any case, there are two ways to connect with a DACUS.

A) When an opponent is dropping towards the ground from above, and you are reasonably certain they cannot/will not counter, DACUS from a short distance. A DACUS with no charge will begin a hitbox approximately half way through, so this move needs to be done from a distance. This brings us to point B.

B) When an opponent is some ways away, and you need to approach or quickly attack, you can use DACUS, likely connecting before their reaction kicks in.

Honestly, it's very difficult to plan a DACUS. To be more honest, moves shouldn't be planned anyway. When you see the opportunity, go for it, and after a while (some trial and error) you'll know exactly when it will make it. Sometimes it will get countered or blocked, but you'll get more comfortable with the move the more you use it.

Keep in mind you're not limited to the two moves above. Play around with it. That's how combos and techs are discovered. f-airs to DACUS might be a good thing to try.

If you're really having trouble landing the move AT ALL I would suggest playing against a CPU9, (or if you have friends without tempers and tendancies to yell "CHEAP" at frequent intervals, that's better,) and basically doing nothing but DACUS. If anything, this will help you make it more reliable. Anyway, save and watch the replays and look for patterns wherever it connects and where it doesn't. Test out charging and not charging it too.

Well, that's all I can think of. Goodluck.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've recently been playing around with the whole roll off glitch were if you hit a B move you will fall of the edge and I found something a bit interesting.

I don't know it's been said or not but you can do the roll off glitch on platforms as well, arm with that knowledge I tested to see the results of the vanish and to my great pleasure I found that if you roll off a platform into a up B you literately go no where.

It's kind of like doing the maximum sliding up B just without the whole perfecting spacing and timing of the normal method.

It's great for mindgames.

Yay for new Vanish tricks!

Edit: It's also unnecessarily cool looking

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't understand what you mean about the upB.

I know about Vanish Gliding from one platform to another on Battlefield, but I don't think that's what you mean. Can you explain again, or better yet, vids?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Q_Q at the request for a video

steps

1. Face edge of platform
2. Be in rolling distance to be able to roll to the edge
3. Hit B and up at the same time just as the roll finish
4. Do a aerial vanish right next to the platform.

Edit: My good buddy Shino recorded a video of me doing it online so that should help. He said he will have it up by tomorrow or sometime in the near future.

Top Bottom