• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana Applications?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
This thread may come across as silly and most likely get locked, but I've got a serious question to ask. I've been using Diddy for about a week or so, and I'd really like to get started optimizing my banana usage. My item play is decent and I've gotten the b-reverse banana pull down, but my application of the banana feels lacking. I know it can be used to condition people by cutting off certain options, or to create ledge traps, cover rolls or techs, etc.

So, my question is: is there any sort of compendium or "Bible" so to speak for banana set ups and applications? Some sort of ultimate source for this aspect of the character. I checked the guides and nothing felt necessarily all-encompassing.

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
This thread may come across as silly and most likely get locked, but I've got a serious question to ask. I've been using Diddy for about a week or so, and I'd really like to get started optimizing my banana usage. My item play is decent and I've gotten the b-reverse banana pull down, but my application of the banana feels lacking. I know it can be used to condition people by cutting off certain options, or to create ledge traps, cover rolls or techs, etc.

So, my question is: is there any sort of compendium or "Bible" so to speak for banana set ups and applications? Some sort of ultimate source for this aspect of the character. I checked the guides and nothing felt necessarily all-encompassing.

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.
I am working on a guide for that, also, watch ZeRo and MVD.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
He's good, but I think MVD, ZeRo and even Jtails are a couple of tiers above him.
naaaaah, dyr is better than Jtails. I've played'em both and seen'em both perform. Thank you for the recommendations though, everyone!

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwktb3n4Pj4

Game 1.

I pride myself on my banana ledge traps/usage. Banana can be useful in so many ways. For example, if you bair/fair on stage and they miss a tech, you can grab banana->glide toss throw it->grab/smash.

Jtails

Smash Lord
naaaaah, dyr is better than Jtails. I've played'em both and seen'em both perform. Thank you for the recommendations though, everyone!
I loveeee how people keep sleeping on me, despite recent results.

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
Please delete

Last edited:

C3PO

Smash Cadet
NNID
C3POSmash
This is silly. NJ/NY is generally a lot stronger than FL. FL has a few great players, sure, but Jtails consistently has been placing well in very difficult tournaments in a much harder region than Florida.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
This is silly. NJ/NY is generally a lot stronger than FL. FL has a few great players, sure, but Jtails consistently has been placing well in very difficult tournaments in a much harder region than Florida.
Florida is....kind of odd actually. I feel like the whole of Florida's meta kinda lies in the south where you have players like NickRiddle, MVD and 8bitMan being impressive players overall, CFL has players like Depth and PrinceRamen, but the majority of the area is filled with low/mid tier mains, so obviously something is wrong when most of the area is still losing to characters like Samus and Palutena, not to discredit their players who main them but still. And then finally you have Northern Florida where Ryo, Sol and Mew2King sorta just body everyone there for free. loool

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I loveeee how people keep sleeping on me, despite recent results.
it was passed a bit of time without I hear your relevant results or also entries in tournaments. I'm glad to see you "back", because your performances were my first guide to play and love Sm4sh Diddy

Top Bottom