• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ban stadium

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Stadium without a doubt is the next stage to go.

'just deal with it and wait' is not a valid strategy for the ****ty as hell transformations

Kadano

Magical Express
Using the transformations disable hack is a valid strategy though, imho.

Grass transformation only would be nice as well.

But yeah, I've never been too fond of vanilla PS as well.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Vanilla PS is a great stage.
Unless it became a rule to wait out the transformations (which would be stupid, but would work) then the stage should go. Too broken.

Neutral, grass, and maybe also water are good transformations. Rock and fire would be banned if they were their own stages. So the stage is like 75% legal. Idk the actual transformation timings

Math_Hoffa

Smash Rookie
yeah the transformations suck, and the fact that it has stayed legal this long is a testament to the dominant influence of fox, falco, and falcon players on the community's policymaking

5 stages is perfect.

PS is too uniformly and objectively an advantage for FFers, esp fox. Banning it would also streamline the stage list by eliminating the need for the special CP category that only exists for stadium nowadays.

This is one of my favorite stages regardless of the transformation. It spends such little time on any of them that I usually just forget about it.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Yeah, the transformations do affect the flow of the match, but it doesn't do it too much. If anyone tries making the argument that Fox can do an infinite in the pit area of the rock stage and you say it's a reason the stage should be banned, don't go down there Jeff!

I think the stage is fine as a legal stage.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I love PS1, even when I'm playing on there as Marth. The rock and fire transformations affect the outcome of the match so little that I think they're a negligible negative aspect of the stage. 6 stages is fine.

Last edited:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
We can keep stadium as they as we had more counterpick stages like muty city, brinstar, and DK64. The stage counterpick of pokemon stadium favours the top characters fox and falco to heavily. Floaties want a counterpick too! Also I love stage diversity and mute city is awesome.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
PS has both faults and merits when considering how it compliments the stage list. Characters who thrive off situations with no top platform or low ceilings benefit from it tremendously since Yoshi's and FD are commonly banned in many match ups; losing pokemon would harm their abilities to counterpick in the majority of the bracket.

With that said, almost all of the transformations are degenerative, jank **** with no place in the competitive scene and only benefit a select few characters with the mobility to take advantage of them. Despite that, I would begrudgingly promote the stage should be kept legal.

We can keep stadium as they as we had more counterpick stages like muty city, brinstar, and DK64. The stage counterpick of pokemon stadium favours the top characters fox and falco to heavily. Floaties want a counterpick too! Also I love stage diversity and mute city is awesome.
Because character balancing is a terrible reason to consider stage banning/legalizing. Also, there's some pretty jank things about Mute City, Brinstar, and DK64 like no ledges and too small of a main floor and cars, and lava and a non-flat main floor and a splittable stage, and a circle for people to run away and camp on. PS doesn't have problems anywhere nearly as bad as those things

Math_Hoffa

Smash Rookie
adding more stages is stupid

can't you guys see that this game is more interesting if we keep stage variation to a minimum

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I can understand why some people would want PS banned outright but it also has good transformations too like Water and Grass. I personally just want more counterpick stages and Mute City being one of them.

Gravitirax

Smash Cadet
I enjoy stadium. If there's anything that should be banned, it's yoshi's story. Screw shy guys and clouds and all of it. I want it gone.

SAUS

Smash Ace
FD Only

End the reign of spacies once and for all!
How would that end the reign of spacies? It would just mean M2K beats everyone even more easily.

I wish stadium didn't transform, even as a puff main I like it better than FD
I wish it didn't transform as well. I feel like the stage layout is good for the game, but the transformations really suck.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
yeah the transformations suck, and the fact that it has stayed legal this long is a testament to the dominant influence of fox, falco, and falcon players on the community's policymaking

5 stages is perfect.

PS is too uniformly and objectively an advantage for FFers, esp fox. Banning it would also streamline the stage list by eliminating the need for the special CP category that only exists for stadium nowadays.
5 stages are far from perfect i think, i would love to see Yoshis and Kongo Jungles come on, hell even Jungle Drapes. I believe the more maps would allow for less stale bo5's. Also these maps at one point or another seemed to be played on.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
^The layouts of all the DK stages are too conducive to camping

Mute City is probably the only stage that might come close to Pokemon Stadium's debatable level of legality. Mute City's transformations are at least predictable and the changes favor more than one character besides Fox, Falco, and Falcon.

The size of the main platform might be pretty sh*tty for a lot of characters though.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
5 stages are far from perfect i think, i would love to see Yoshis and Kongo Jungles come on, hell even Jungle Drapes. I believe the more maps would allow for less stale bo5's. Also these maps at one point or another seemed to be played on.
Jungle Japes should stay banned

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If we banned Stadium, then best of 5's would be played on every stage left!
EDIT: I know DSR has been modified, but if we boil it down to 5 stages, may as well go everywhere in bo5.

Last edited:
If we banned Stadium, then best of 5's would be played on every stage left!
EDIT: I know DSR has been modified, but if we boil it down to 5 stages, may as well go everywhere in bo5.
I think players would fairly frequently prefer salty runbacking

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
Jesus, yes please ban stadium, melee BR or whoever makes rules. I love the neutral transformation but that's about it. Just my 2 cents.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Starters: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, and Dream Land
Counterpicks: Mute City, Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle, and Poke Floats

How can it get any more perfect?

Starters: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, and Dream Land
Counterpicks: Mute City, Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Kongo Jungle, and Poke Floats

Is this serious?

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I think the Fox/Sheik matchup is Fox favored right now because Pokemon is legal, and would be even (slight fox favor in bo5's due to Final Destination) if stupid Kanto-see-yourself stadium was gone

Thor

Smash Champion
FD Only
End the reign of spacies once and for all!
SOMEBODY wants M2K to win everything... although I admittedly enjoy watching him play.

SAUS said:
How would that end the reign of spacies? It would just mean M2K beats everyone even more easily.
I mean, M2K isn't a spacie, except versus Hbox... so... this sort of works?

EPsilon933 said:
cisyphus said:
Is this serious?
No. He was obviously joking about Mute City, Pokémon Stadium, Brinstar, and Kongo Jungle.

Rest of the list is super legit though.

Actually it's not, cuz cisyphus forgot Big Blue.

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
They should ban stadium, unless there was a hack or something to have transformations not happen.

Top Bottom