• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ban people for spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Yeah This must be your very first ever experience playing a competitive fighter with other people becuz spamming a move over and over to win a match has been a traditional tactic ever since the inception of fighting games so you cannot tell players to stop doing it.so stop whining on smashboards,man up and learn how to counter said spam moves

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is terrible advice. "Git gud" and "Man up" don't help anyone. Not only is it too basic and unspecific, but it makes it sound easy for anyone which is super false. Plus, it low-key sounds like an insult.

You may not have said get good, but you didn't give an explanation on how to counter spam in general, which, by the way, isn't part of Smash 101.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I guess dreams really do come true.
Unable to let things go, I see. Well, no surprise, given people would rather complain than do something about it. Whatever, though. I hear my main got an unmentioned buff for Charge Shot anyway, so the trade-off is fine.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
What does anyone even mean when they say "It's just a game"? How is that supposed to make me feel better about getting 4th in a free for all far before anyone else dies (which means you're ****)?
Unable to let things go, I see. Well, no surprise, given people would rather complain than do something about it. Whatever, though. I hear my main got an unmentioned buff for Charge Shot anyway, so the trade-off is fine.
Maybe people act this way through complaining because Nintendo doesn't like to listen to their consumers.

If they did we would've gotten voice chat and other things people have been asking for.

Last edited:

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Maybe people act this way through complaining because Nintendo doesn't like to listen to their consumers.

If they did we would've gotten voice chat and other things people have been asking for.
Objectively speaking, I complained about something and it got changed. In fact, a huge portion of the player base complains about the same thing, so there was some sort of answering the players here. Unusual to say the least, but i'd say that its the most 'hopeful' change in this patch.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
No matter what the argument is, projectiles were nerfed, and I think it was for the better.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

I have a problem with Sakurai & Co. because instead of doing anything about Samus' CQC, he and his team decided to screw her over. By this point, perfect shielding may as well just come back, especially with how parrying has been nerfed regarding multi-hit attacks. Next, they'll slow Samus down because of how evasive and defensive she can be. I have fought people who either had no reflector, or who did and didn't have to use it because they knew how to get around my projectiles.

Sakurai & Co. don't know how to balance. Olimar got buffed when he needed to be toned down a bit. Bayonetta got nerfed again. Isabelle, in spite of me loathing that match-up, also got nerfed when fans have complained that she needs buffs. Like I said, instead of balancing and fixing Samus' flaws, they decided to just nerf her. This only confirms my belief that Metroid is a franchise they don't care about. Hell, Ridley got nerfed and he needs buffs!

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem with Sakurai & Co. because instead of doing anything about Samus' CQC, he and his team decided to screw her over. By this point, perfect shielding may as well just come back, especially with how parrying has been nerfed regarding multi-hit attacks. Next, they'll slow Samus down because of how evasive and defensive she can be. I have fought people who either had no reflector, or who did and didn't have to use it because they knew how to get around my projectiles.

Sakurai & Co. don't know how to balance. Olimar got buffed when he needed to be toned down a bit. Bayonetta got nerfed again. Isabelle, in spite of me loathing that match-up, also got nerfed when fans have complained that she needs buffs. Like I said, instead of balancing and fixing Samus' flaws, they decided to just nerf her. This only confirms my belief that Metroid is a franchise they don't care about. Hell, Ridley got nerfed and he needs buffs!
No doubt, the patch balancing was lackluster. Little Mac? Bowser Jr? Mid tiers except Diddy and Corrin? Certain nerfs were unnecessary too, like the ones to Duck Hunt’s projectiles, Rosalina’s, Diddy Kong’s and Dark Pit’s. The buff to Ness PK flash was silly, and PK fire is not nerfed. Many of the projectile nerfs though were a benefit though, it’s just that closer range tools and aerials of lower tier Zoners could use buffs as well. We’ll simply have to move forward with the changes for now.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No doubt, the patch balancing was lackluster. Little Mac? Bowser Jr? Mid tiers except Diddy and Corrin? Certain nerfs were unnecessary too, like the ones to Duck Hunt’s projectiles, Rosalina’s, Diddy Kong’s and Dark Pit’s. The buff to Ness PK flash was silly, and PK fire is not nerfed. Many of the projectile nerfs though were a benefit though, it’s just that closer range tools and aerials of lower tier Zoners could use buffs as well. We’ll simply have to move forward with the changes for now.
I have no issue with Ness' PK Fire. It's easy to get out of. Early on I thought it was difficult, but I learned to just jump away and out of it. Lucas', on the other hand, is very effective. PK Freeze's kill power wasn't reduced, even though it's fast and has a large blast radius. In fact, Lucas wasn't affected, or that's what the patch notes would have one believe. It's no benefit to any zoner when the tool they rely on is nerfed, and especially when there's no balance to make their CQC better. I'm already considering quitting SSBU if Samus receives another nerf. I'm expecting it to happen.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Objectively speaking, I complained about something and it got changed. In fact, a huge portion of the player base complains about the same thing, so there was some sort of answering the players here. Unusual to say the least, but i'd say that its the most 'hopeful' change in this patch.
Ok and that's one out of how many complaints that got fixed?

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
in all honesty..Samus do not need buffs in fact she should either stay the way she is or nerfed but really no buffs..maybe it's my huge dislike for the character speaking *cough* to much Spamus *cough* that i just can't stand the character anymore..and each time i defeat a Samus the urge to teabag is so big you have no idea >.<
so really.. i do NOT want to see buffs with this character i really don't...

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah This must be your very first ever experience playing a competitive fighter with other people becuz spamming a move over and over to win a match has been a traditional tactic ever since the inception of fighting games so you cannot tell players to stop doing it.so stop whining on smashboards,man up and learn how to counter said spam moves
LMAO, my man.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
User was warned for this post
This is terrible advice. "Git gud" and "Man up" don't help anyone. Not only is it too basic and unspecific, but it makes it sound easy for anyone which is super false. Plus, it low-key sounds like an insult.

You may not have said get good, but you didn't give an explanation on how to counter spam in general, which, by the way, isn't part of Smash 101.
What? That advice is EXTREMELY blunt and specific. Stop being a panzy and get good instead of eating the same projectile to the face 9000 times like a scrub. You have a shield button. You have a jump button, and parry on projectile just got buffed so like..... LOL git gud

in all honesty..Samus do not need buffs in fact she should either stay the way she is or nerfed but really no buffs..maybe it's my huge dislike for the character speaking *cough* to much Spamus *cough* that i just can't stand the character anymore..and each time i defeat a Samus the urge to teabag is so big you have no idea >.<
LMAO what? Samus is mediocre at best. 'nurf' Samus. What a ridiculous statement. They should OMEGA nurf your bad main.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Better than the typical zero. I'm not disagreeing with you here.
-people complain that they don't get voice chat
-people complain about Pokemon removing features such as super training that would've made hacking pointless (it's a gamefreak or should i say garbagefreak thing, but Nintendo should've spoke out against GF for this)
-people complain about New Super Mario Bros U forcing a person in 4 player mode having to play in easy mode. This isn't a big issue itself, but why should it be a thing in the first place? Picture what it would be like if you were playing smash bros and one player always had to start with 20% handicap. Is that stupid? yes
-people complain about the inability to button map controls for NES online

Why doesn't Nintendo fix these issues?

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
-people complain that they don't get voice chat
-people complain about Pokemon removing features such as super training that would've made hacking pointless (it's a gamefreak or should i say garbagefreak thing, but Nintendo should've spoke out against GF for this)
-people complain about New Super Mario Bros U forcing a person in 4 player mode having to play in easy mode. This isn't a big issue itself, but why should it be a thing in the first place? Picture what it would be like if you were playing smash bros and one player always had to start with 20% handicap. Is that stupid? yes
-people complain about the inability to button map controls for NES online

Why doesn't Nintendo fix these issues?
Simmer down crazy hand. Everyone gets to complain but you.

Jk u know I love you

But srsly none of those have anything to do with smash.

Let us be thankful that 3.0 is, if marginally, better than 2.0

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Then you have no understanding of how I feel and how these teabagging ******** affect me.

I honestly don't care about my lose streak anymore; teabaggers need to **** off or get heavy bans or some other harsh penalty, or just flat out go extinct, because they make it hard for me to enjoy the game and keep myself sane. I'll just keep reporting them until it happens.

The fact that Ganondorf players do this a lot (from what I've seen) makes me hate him so much as well.
Not to be rude or anything, but given the ridiculous statement you made, I have to be blunt here. If you cannot handle a teenager on the other side of the line mashing down on the stick, you should probably play a different game.

I've NEVER been salty about a t-bagger, in fact, a lot of the times I join them and then body them, and guess what they do? They respawn and t-bag to my glory.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman

All that happened to the Samuses is their charge shots do less shield damage. Projectiles in general do less damage to shields now, that wasn't specifically a nerf to Samus. Same thing happened to Ridley' plasma breath, Bayo's guns, etc

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
She does. The devs acknowledge her poor jab and its inability to connect, yet they do nothing. It's a big "**** you" to Samus mains. She's only ever been good in SSBM, and even then, she wasn't top five. (Smaller roster. I'm not asking that Samus in SSBU be top five. Being top twenty would be good enough.) It's really annoying when you love a character and enjoy playing as her, but people complain the moment she's even remotely decent.

Meanwhile, a large number of characters who are good and have ridiculous combos don't even receive the same nerfs, or just get a slap on the wrist. Like, why does Luigi still have a confirmed 0 to death? Mario privilege? I want buffs for Samus because she needs them. Now I'm being vindictive online by intentionally evading and camping. Don't want that? Demand that Samus receive better CQC in exchange of her projectile nerf.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What? That advice is EXTREMELY blunt and specific. Stop being a panzy and get good instead of eating the same projectile to the face 9000 times like a scrub. You have a shield button. You have a jump button, and parry on projectile just got buffed so like..... LOL git gud
**** like this is why I hate forums. You're patronizing me, a guy with insecurities and depression, and assuming I'm some clueless fool who has never played a Smash game. This, along with your Samus comment, was completely unnecessary and rude. For that, I reported you.

I'm staying off these forums from now on because I don't need more bullying from this toxic base.

I will, however, paste something I posted on my profile so you and any other hecklers can understand what I'm going through.

My post: "As said, me playing competitively is clearly killing me. I've been so set on this "git gud" mentality to rid myself of my bad luck that I forgot how to have fun with Smash. I had fun with Sm4sh, but somehow Ultimate brought out the worst in me. How do I have fun with this game again? Besides tell myself "it's just a game", because there has to be more than that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom