• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM8 - May 13-15th - CQ hotel - Melbourne AUS

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
BAM8

Smash 4, Smash Melee and many other fighters. (more smash possibly to come too!)

Many of the best international players are coming, do you have what it takes?

WHEN/WHERE?:

May 13-15
CQ Hotel, Melbourne CBD

Registration will 100% required, there will be no on the day entrants

http://couchwarriors.org/wp/bam8/bam8-registration/

The Smash TO's have come to a decision that there will be NO on site registration for bam8. Registration will cut off 1 week before the event, that is on Friday 6th May 11:59 pm.

This is due the the massive influx of talented players we are to expect and thus we need to handle seeding and scheduling with care. A lot of work will be put towards making sure players can play multiple events with minimal clashes and that seeding is fair.

WHERE TO STAY IF TRAVELLING?:

Housing:

Please post in this thread or try on the VIC Facebook group in order to sort housing, every person for themselves!

Accomidation:

Best bet's to use wotif to find the best deals anywhere in melbourne CBD

www.wotif.com

SCHEDULE:

BONUSES:

RULESETS:

For basic rules, such as venue rules, player behavour, equipment and all the rest, we are using the APEX 2015 ruleset:

http://www.meleeitonme.com/img/Apex_2015_rulebook.pdf

Refer specifically to the "II. General Rules for Super Smash Bros. Games" Section for the majority of relevant rules

As for specific game rules, they can be found below:

Smash 4:

TBA

Smash Melee:

A. Game Settings
● Stocks: 4
● Time Limit: 8 minutes

B. Stage List Starter Stages
● Yoshi’s Story
● Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Dream Land
● Pokémon Stadium (doubles only)

Counterpick Stages
● Pokémon Stadium
● Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles only)

C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining. The player/team without port priority strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining stage is used for the first game of the set.
● Stage Bans: After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the player who won the previous game may ban one stage from either the starter or counterpick list. This rule is not in effect for best of 5 sets.
● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
● Neutral Start: Players may elect to move to opposite sides of the stage and then count down prior to starting the match.
● Wobbling is legal

GUESTS AND DONATIONS:

Last year was huge for Melee, with a list like this after raising over $10,000:

MANGO, LEFFEN, LUCKY, WIFE, ALEX19, S2J, HUGS AND CHILLIN!

This year we are going all out for Smash 4

We have confirmed the attendance of ESAM, ALLY, MR.R, NAIRO and ABADANGO

Please post any questions or concerns here, otherwise get hyped and get booking!

BONUSES:

Last edited:

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Well I say it every time and never show up, but I'l try to get to this one. Though still hyped as heck.

If I CAN get down will anyone be up for housing?

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
So does this mean that if no one sets up a Melee donation drive, there are no Melee players coming? Or is one happening down the line.

Either way, I don't really mind

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
To tell the truth, it'd be really nice to have an all Oz bracket with our top 20 attending.

DutchGC

Smash Rookie
hopefully qld does well at this one, theyre good at melee i swear

S.D

Smash Master
Is the CQ offering discounts on anyone entering the CW tournaments or is that not a thing anymore?
The discount is usually laughable. Plus no free parking. Plus paper thin walls. Plus $100 deposit on credit which never gets refunded on time.
CQ pretty much blows but I always end up staying there lol.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Looking for people to house me over the period i'll be in melb (may 5 - May 17)
Doesn't have to be for the whole time, if you can only house over 2 or 3 days or something like that please let me know,
If homies like splice/jamwa/dom/max/melb illuminati could get back to me w/ info that'd be sick

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I applied for the Air Force, and if I get in I won't be able to make it to this or any other event for a long time. However I will try to donate money to prize pools or somehow get TV's sent to TO's when I get the cash.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Just an announcement regarding Battle Arena Melbourne 8 guys.
The Smash TO's have come to a decision that there will be NO on site registration for bam8. Registration will cut off 1 week before the event, that is on Friday 6th May 11:59 pm.

This is due the the massive influx of talented players we are to expect and thus we need to handle seeding and scheduling with care. A lot of work will be put towards making sure players can play multiple events with minimal clashes and that seeding is fair.

To register for bam8 please visit

http://couchwarriors.org/wp/bam8/bam8-registration/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is May 13th likely to be Friday friendlies / Crew battles / Other hype stuff or will there be tournament stuff then? I understand schedule isn't up but just trying to think back to previous BAMs.

Last edited:

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Is May 13th likely to be Friday friendlies / Crew battles / Other hype stuff or will there be tournament stuff then? I understand schedule isn't up but just trying to think back to previous BAMs.
currently there are no plans for tournament stuff on friday, just crews and mad chills.

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I have Nikes, Gords and Ghost staying at mine for BAM weekend to my knowledge. Atyeo (if he needs it) always has a place in my house and my heart <3

edit: I have no idea why I posted this here, I'll move it to the housing thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom