• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U BAM8 Donation Drive for International players

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
BAM8 International Smash 4 Player Donation Drive

Final List
1st. ESAM :025:
2nd. Mr. R:4sheik:
3rd. Nairo:4zss:

4th. Ranai (Unable to come due to work)

5th. Ally (Unable to come due to other issues)
6th. Anti (Unable to come due to work)
7th. Abadango:metaknight:
8th. 9B:4bayonetta2:
9th. Komorikiri
10th. Umeki :4peach:
11th. Rain
12th. Vinnie

Total Raised so far: $8320.08

Ok so I'm doing a donation drive again this year for BAM8, but this time around it's for international Smash 4 players.

HOW TO DONATE:

Paypal: Pudgetalks@gmail.com
Bank transfer and cash in hand options are available, please PM me here or on facebook or discord.

First up, here is a list of players who have responded to me and said that they are keen:

Japan ($900):
Rain
Komorikiri
Ranai
9B
Umeki
Abadango

East Coast/Europe/Canada ($1800):
ESAM
Mr.R
Nairo
Vinnie
ANTi
Ally

I know people will ask "why no ZeRo" and that's because the guy simply doesn't respond to me. I've tried twitter, facebook, emailing management and asking multiple players on the list previously to talk to him for me but he just isn't responding. If someone can put me in contact with him, it would be greatly appreciated.

One note is that the Japanese players have limited time available, so they would be down for 6-7 days at most, where as the rest of the player have larger availability, and will most likely visit for up to 2 weeks, allowing us to do more events with them!

The list of player is up for changing, if a player pulls out or we get an expression of interest from anyone that people would like to see come over, I'm more than happy to put them in the running.

Please note that the prices are just basic estimates, if there are things such as sales or whatever during booking time ill use them to hopefully get more players or leave spare funds for other things to benefit donators.

Donator list:

MM: $1100
Deku Tree: $1000
Invisi: $900
Dreadtech: $710
S@S: $522
Gords: $515
MGK: $400
Mar: $300
Villyness: $225
Kappacman: $225
Hyes!: $152
Dean: $151.98
Spacejam: $150
Noughati: $150
Marz: $150
Yellow: $150
BT: $100
Filthy: $100
Ghost: $80
Nikes: $75
Googers: $75
Yosh!: $50
Pudge: $50
Sindocus: $50
Light: $50
Joeyjoejoejoe: $50
Astra: $50
Jazzy, Beer Bong Master: $41
Baron: $40
Emir: $30
Lizam: $30
Echo: $30
Kevvlar: $25
Futurecow: $25
Kelasius: $20
Skelorex: $20
Peahnuts: $20
LPFX: $20
Duon: $20
Dr. Omega: $20
Taco: $20
Ignis: $20
CMK: $20
Majora: $20
Dolan: $20
Con: $20
Daddy Ganny: $20
Jash: $20
Dmat: $20
Dekartea: $20
SKG: $20
Dashie: $20
Benjamin Cook: $20
Revax: $20
Nothing: $20
Smesty: $20
Andre: $20

Extra: $8
Arc: $6
Ivy: $5
Munchkin: $5
Haiku: $2
Jash: $0.8
Bozzy: $0.3

Ok so things are gonna work in a few phases:

First Phase:

First phase stats right now and will end on 14th of Feb at 11:59PM. In this phase everyone will vote to determine the order in which we will fund players. You number every single players here from 1 through to 12, with 1 being the player you want the most and 12 being the player you want the least. Each Australian automatically starts with 1 vote, and for every $10 you donate your vote counts 1x more.

Example vote here:

1 - ANTi
2 - Nairo
3 - 9B
4 - Mr.R
5 - Abadango
6 - Vinnie
7 - ESAM
8 - Ally
9 - Rain
10 - Ranai
11 - Komorikiri
12 - Umeki

In order to vote, you must post in this thread with your vote. Posting anywhere else with a vote or trying to message me to vote will not count. You can edit your post at any time to change your vote, as I'll be doing a final count at the very end of voting at 14th of Feb 11:59PM. If you've donated in any way, just let me know your smashboards username and I'll make sure your vote power is multiplied when it comes to the final count.

Second Phase:

The second phase starts on Feb 15th and at this point onwards, all the money raised so far will go to fund the players. Once the first player is fully funded, it goes to the second player. Then once the second player is funded, it goes to the third and so on until either this phase finishes, or we somehow magically fund everyone and I have to close donations early.

This phase will go on until 13th March 11:59PM.

Third Phase:

From 14th of March until the event itself, you can still donate to access donator rewards, however the money will go towards BAM8 things such as local players, event costs or extra setups, or any other extra ideas that we can come up with before BAM8 itself. All money donated during this phase will go back to the community itself somehow.

Donation Rewards:

$20:
Salty Suite entry (all ages now)

There will be a Pre-BAM8 Salty Suite on the Thursday night for all ages in the Melbourne CBD. At this event you can meet and greet with all the international players with some salt. You'll get a chance to play some games with the guests or even money match them depending on how brave you're feeling. This will start from 5:30PM on the Thursday before hand.

$75
Early Access Salty Suite (all ages now)

There will be access to the Pre-BAM8 Salty Suite on the Thursday from 12pm midday in order for you to catch up and play games with the pros before everyone else, giving you some exclusive time with the pros. Here you should get some more quiet time with the international guests before the salt has started to flow in order for you to get some serious game time happening.

$150
Exclusive Donator Meet

There will be two exclusive donator meets this BAM. One on the Wednesay before BAM from Midday until Late, and one the Monday after BAM from Midday until Late. If you donate for this you can only attend one meet, but this is to ensure that each person who comes gets a huge amount of game time with any pro player they want. Each of these meets will have all the international guests and you will get 10+ hours of time in order to meet, greet, play lots and hang out with the pros. Ever wanted to be part of a Stream and grind it out with a pro for a full day? this it the chance as I can guarantee that wherever we practice, there will also be a stream setup with NBN.

$200+
Team with a Pro at BAM8

The plus sign is there because it's highest bidder wins. If only one international guest comes, then whoever donates the highest over $200 will get the chance to team with them for Smash 4 at BAM8, but if there is 4-5 players over, then you will have multiple chances to team with a pro. The more you've donated, the higher preference you will get of pro player.

NOTE:
The $75 and $150 goals are exclusive, meaning that if you pay $150, you can either attend early access salty suite OR the donator meet. However if you break $225 you can get access everything.

Anyone who donates $20 or more gets access to the salty suite, the only goals that are exclusive from one another is the Donator Meet and the Early Access Salty Suite.

FAQs:

Why is player X not there?:
I've gauged the community and the demand wasn't quite there, or for the case of ZeRo I couldn't get in touch with him. Players can always be added in so if you can demonstrate the support is there, I'll make the effort to line everything up to get them in the running!

Why cant the sponsors pay for these players?:
Some of these players don't have sponsors, and unfortunately we are in Australia, so there isn't that much to gain for them by spending a really big amount to get their players here when they could spend 1/10th and get their player to EVO/Genesis/MLG/anything else. If we want players here, our only option is to pay ourselves!

Can you give me some up to date info?:
Feel free to ask at any point and I can update vote totals, donation totals, or status of any other relevant info you want!

If you have any questions or anything at all, feel free to post here or contact me. This thread is not just for voting only!

Last edited:

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Guess I'll post a draft vote for now:
  1. Ranai
  2. ESAM
  3. Komorikiri
  4. Mr.R
  5. 9B
  6. Nairo
  7. Vinnie
  8. Rain
  9. Ally
  10. Umeki
  11. Abadango
  12. ANTi
(I'm totally not obsessed with getting Ranai over here)

Last edited:

JonCheee

Smash Rookie
Hmm..
1 - Nairo
2 - ESAM
3 - Ally
4 - Ranai
5 - 9B
6 - Abadango
7 - Rain
8 - Komorikiri
9 - Mr. R
10 - Umeki
11 - Vinnie
12 - ANTi

_Mar

Smash Rookie
1- ESAM
2 - 9B
3 - Abadango
4 - Nairo
5 - ANTi
6 - Mr. R
7 - Rain
8 - Ranai
9 - Komorikiri
10 - Umeki
11- Vinnie
12 - Ally

Efam gotta support Esam

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ZeRo doesn't respond to anything unless it's about $75 per hour smash 4 lessons

1 - Abadango
2 - ESAM
3 - Nairo
4 - Mr.R
5 - Ally
6 - Ranai
7 - Vinnie
8 - ANTi
9 - 9B
10 - Rain
11 - Komorikiri
12 - Umeki

Basty

Smash Ace
1. Rain
2. Mr. R
3. ESAM
4. Abadango
5. Nairo
6. Umeki
7. Ally
8. ANTi
9. Ranai
10. Komorikiri
11. 9B
12. Vinnie

Splice

Smash Hero
1 - ESAM

2 - ANTi
3 - Ally
4 - Vinnie
5 - Nairo
6 - Mr. R
7 - Abadango
8 - Ranai
9 - 9B
10 - Rain
11 - Umeki
12 - Komrikiri

I hope we get ESAM, that's ridiculous value for every game

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
1. ANTi
2. Mr. R
3. ESAM
4. Nairo
5. Ranai
6. Umeki
7. Komorikiri
8. Abadango
9. 9B
10. Ally
11. Rain
12. Vinnie

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
1 - Abadango
2 - 9B
3 - ESAM
4 - Nairo
5 - Ranai
6 - Ally
7 - Vinnie
8 - ANTi
9 - Rain
10 - Mr.R
11 - Komorikiri
12 - Umeki

Googers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ronsico
3DS FC
1435-6770-6493
1. Abadango
2. 9B
3. ESAM
4. Nairo
5. Ally
6. Komorikiri
7. Ranai
8. Mr.R
9. ANTi
10. Umeki
11. Rain
12. Vinnie

Last edited:

SuperKamiGuru8

Smash Rookie
1. ESAM
2. Ranai
3. Abadango
4. ANTi
5. 9B
6. Nairo
7. Mr.R
8. Komorikiri
9. Umeki
10. Ally
11. Rain
12. Vinnie

Last edited:

Little Z

Smash Rookie
1. Abadango
2. Nairo
3. ESAM
4. Mr.R
5. ANTi
6. 9B
7. Umeki
8. Ally
9. Komorikiri
10. Ranai
11. Rain
12. Vinnie

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
1 - Nairo
2 - Abadango
3 - Mr. R
4 - ESAM
5 - 9B
6 - Ranai
7 - Ally
8 - Vinnie
9 - Rain
10 - ANTi
11 - Komorikiri
12 - Umeki

cmk4

Smash Rookie
1. Mr R
2. Nairo
3. Esam
4. Abadango
5. ANTi
6. Ranai
7. 9B
8. Ally
9. Vinnie
10. Rain
11. Komorikiri
12. Umeki

CubT

Smash Cadet
1 - Umeki
2 - Anti
3 - 9B
4 - Abadango
5 - ESAM
6 - Rain
7 - Komorikiri
8 - Ally
9 - Nairo
10 - Vinnie
11 - Mr. R
12 - Ranai

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Too broke to vote, but just wanna let you guys know I'll cover BAM8 just as well as I did last year for BAM7. :D

Tempest

Smash Cadet
@TSM ZeRo

If you guys are having troubles contacting Zero, then perhaps it would be best to try to get @Nairo or Esam to pass along the message to him? I'm pretty sure they have contact with zero. I've seen other youtubers like Ekita do interviews with zero over skype, so I'm sure if we were to ask Ekita he might lend a hand. The next best thing I can think of is contacting Team Solo Mid and sending them an email about the situation.

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
@TSM ZeRo

If you guys are having troubles contacting Zero, then perhaps it would be best to try to get @Nairo or Esam to pass along the message to him? I'm pretty sure they have contact with zero. I've seen other youtubers like Ekita do interviews with zero over skype, so I'm sure if we were to ask Ekita he might lend a hand. The next best thing I can think of is contacting Team Solo Mid and sending them an email about the situation.
We've tried all of those things except Etika, will hit him up on twitter now

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
1. Abadango
2. Komorikiri
3. Umeki
4. Esam
5. ANTi
6. 9b
7. Mr R
8. Ally
9. Rain
10. Vinnie
11. Nairo
12. Ranai

Hopefully able to attend + donate, probably going to adjust my vote after Genesis.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I suppose I should actually vote.

Nairo
Mr.R
Esam
Ally
ANTi
Vinnie
9B
Abadango
Rain
Komorikiri
Ranai
Umeki

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
1. 9B
2. Mr R
3. Nairo
4. ESAM
5. Ally
6. Abadango
7. Komorikiri
8. Rain
9. Umeki
10. Anti
11. Ranai
12. Vinnie

Seriously, y'all don't understand how much of a boss Mr R is. He's hella talented, a great teacher, and an awesome bloke. Srs

Last edited:

Tempest

Smash Cadet
1. Nairo
2. ESAM
3. Mr R
4. Anti
5. Ally
6. Vinnie
7. 9B
8. Abadango
9. Komorikiri
10. Rain
11. Umeki
12. Ranai

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
1. ESAM
2. 9B
3. Nairo
4. Abadango
5.Ranai
6. Vinnie
7. Mr. R
8. Anti
9. Rain
10. Umeki
11. Komorikiri
12.Ally

aparrently M2k wants to come down so if he is confirmed for the donation thing I would want him here too :D

Last edited:

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
1. ESAM
2. 9B
3. Nairo
4. Abadango
5. Ally
6. Vinnie
7. Mr. R
8. Anti
9. Rain
10. Umeki
11. Komorikiri
12. Ranai

aparrently M2k wants to come down so if he is confirmed for the donation thing I would want him here too :D

I can't sayfirst hand but of everyone I've spoken to about when he came down, they said they don't want him down again
Food for thought

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
M2k being here was like

*plays someone and 3 stocks them*

"M2k wat am I doing wrong teach me pls"

"idk 0-death me more lol"

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
M2k being here was like

*plays someone and 3 stocks them*

"M2k wat am I doing wrong teach me pls"

"idk 0-death me more lol"

Edit: if shaya broke his controller again he might demand 7 new ones in compensation
There is a ridiculous amount of truth to this statement.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
1 - Ranai
2 - Shaky
3 - 9B
4 - Abadango
5 - Fow
6 - Umek
7 - ANTi
8 - Rain
9 - Mr. R
10 - Ally
11 - Komorikiri
12 - iVinnie

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Just send zero a picture with $1300 cash on it (expected winnings from such an event assuming singles + doubles) saying 'you could use this for your honeymoon', that should get his attention.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I had heaps of in depth discussions with m2k about several things not just related to smash.

If I was 3-4 stocking someone and they said something as open and bland as 'what am i doing wrong lolz?' I'd give them an equally bland and open answer.

Or it could be he just didn't want to talk to brawlf@gs.

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
If I was 3-4 stocking someone and they said something as open and bland as 'what am i doing wrong lolz?' I'd give them an equally bland and open answer.
Both Armada and Lucky gave general pointers on things that people could do better despite the 3-4 stockings. Even if it is general advice, if there's at least some thought behind it, it's still appreciated. Brushing people off because they're not as good at this game isn't justified because you might be a top player, it just means you're a ****.

And why should our scene support people who won't reciprocate?

Top Bottom