• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
BAM 2K11
October 1st and 2nd, 2011
CQ, Event Room 2, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne, Australia

http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/

MANGO?!?!

Ok so since no one likes Mango but everyone has a hard on for Hugs and Hugs has expressed interest I'd assume that means he can come!

Turns out that flying to Australia costs like more than a metcard, so I'm going to need help getting mango here.

So if you're feeling nice and want to give me some money. Gift your money (no tax/fees) through paypal to:

philippretty@gmail.com

or email me on that email for bank details because you don't have a paypal for some reason.

Otherwise I'll happily take donations in person at any smash event, including reloaded. So you have no excuse not to take out your life savings and hand them over.

UPDATE:

Ok so turns out Hugs has a life and plans to have a good career, so he has to study!

Since he is too busy studying (3 mid terms on the same week as BAM) he can't come really.

Hugs likes Mango just as much as me so well it's back to Mango!

Mango does not do anything apart from sandbag and play lol for a living, so he is fine to come to Australia upon our whim.

To make this happen I need more of your money!

Give pls using the above details!

Mango donation Target: $1400

Current donations:
Skeletom: $100
Tak: $100
Cal: $60
Redact: $1050~
Splice: His virginity - Estimated value: $???

EVENT DETAILS

SCHEDULE

SATURDAY:

10am -> 4pm

Singles pools for both games to run side by side

HOUR BREAK FOR FOOD/WHATEVER

5pm -> 11pm
Doubles for both games to run side by side (finals may have to carry over)

SUNDAY:

10am -> 3pm
Early singles brackets for both games

BREAK TIME FOR FOOD/WHATEVER

4pm -> 6pm
Crews for both games

6pm -> 10pm
Singles finals for both games singles+teams most likley (wf, lf and gf)

COSTS

Venue Fee: $30 prepaid, $35 on the day

Smash flat fee: $30

http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/register.php
Go there to pre-register/pay online

Prize Split

60/30/10 for all events

Rules?

To be Sorted (melee is looking like euro ruleset though)

Crews

There will be 5v5 crews for melee and brawl.

Brawl will be Vic vs Aus.
5v5 with $250 to winning crew.
Full rules to be sorted later.

Melee will be Vic vs Qld vs Aus
5v5 Round Robin with the overall best crew getting $250.
Full rules to be sorted later.

When?
Saturday the 1st and Sunday the 2nd of October 2011.

Where?
CQ, Event Room 2
123 Queen Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000

What?
BAM (Battle Arena Melbourne) is a two day fighting game tournament aimed at being the grand finale for the Australian tournament season.
Now in our third year we're expecting to break the 300 participant barrier and play host to fighters from all over Australia and indeed the surrounding area.

There will be scheduled tournaments throughout the weekend as well the possibility for on the day tournaments organised by dedicated enthusiasts, with full results and finals media posted online for recognition after the tournament.
Each tournament will have it's own prize pool based on entry fees as well as currently unconfirmed sponsored prizes as they are announced closer to the event, stay tuned to the website for more details as we get a better idea of the prizes on offer!

Casual play will also be available throughout the weekend in areas set aside for players to bring in their own equipment and enjoy having a few games with other attendees.
It's a great opportunity to gain practice and meet other Australian fighting game players who've travelled to enjoy the event. You can even challenge them to a money match or two!
We hope to see you all there for a fantastic end to 2011's season!

Reccomended Accomodation:
Stay at CQ, right upstairs from the venue and save with our discounted rate. Simply mention Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM) when you book.
www.cqmelbourne.com.au

Discounted prices are:
$125.00 per night for a Superior Queen/Twin (normal price $159)
$145.00 per night for a Deluxe Queen/Twin (normal price $179)
Both rooms can include two king sized beds and a couch and thus can be shared
or for those who would prefer a suite:
$170.00 per night for a Superior Suite
$255.00 per night for a Executive Suite

REGISTER IN THIS THREAD FOR SMASH:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13217173

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i've learnt something from the shadowloo showdown tournaments compared to our own sponsored offerings: they sponsor at least another worthy rival for whoever they sponsor, so the finals don't become a one way street.

if people could somehow muster up sponsorship for two people within manageable means (maybe with assistance from CW), not only would you have a more balanced tournament for the pros and everyone else, you get to watch pros really try at their best and that's awesome to watch. will also get people from overseas watching if you get a livestream and promote the match -- it all depends on who you pick for the ultimate, uncontested grudge match (e.g. someone from the US vs. someone from JP or EU).

just my thoughts. obv. an expensive decision, but i'm sure the support is there.

also, if you haven't done so already, advertise the sponsorship in the international boards to spike interest. i can also make an announcement about it in genesis 2 if you like.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
It's probably going to be a mix of all of those for getting people over here. I don't have enough to get even one over here myself atm :x

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
armada vs a good captain falcon

THE MATCHUP SUX

sponsorships = raise money! no one can afford it on their own unless nova wins $10,000 again for some shiz, LOL

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
armada vs a good captain falcon

THE MATCHUP SUX

sponsorships = raise money! no one can afford it on their own unless nova wins $10,000 again for some shiz, LOL
armada vs SS here we go

SS beat armada last time they played, and SS is mah hero

unless anyone says no, i love this idea

but getting in contact with ss... hard

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I dono S2J so hot right now..
Probs best to actually see who is interested in coming/create the best atmostphere/hype etc first

Something Europe would be my vote

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so... why can't peepee come? i don't even play melee and he's my first preference...

dehf is a boss and he's good at both games.

armada is pretty amazing cause he ***** jigglepuff with young link :D

if you want someone from japan tell me, cause i could probably get in contact with them (bombsoldier?).

otherwise... someone fun who is decent at the game is good enough for me.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
SS at his best is the most hype falcon.

Mango would be awesome but finals would still be a sandbag fest if he was here. It'd be awesome to have two really good pros that don't sandbag too bad. I say "too bad" because most pros sanbag occasionally lol.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
lol any top 20 player would sandbag us.. remember dave only barely makes top 50 at big tournies..

"Mango doesn't seem like a fun guy to be around anyway >_>"
lol is that based from your wealth of exp being around him? yer no stfu

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol any top 20 player would sandbag us.. remember dave only barely makes top 50 at big tournies..

"Mango doesn't seem like a fun guy to be around anyway >_>"
lol is that based from your wealth of exp being around him? yer no stfu
49th OC2
49th genesis

yea boiiiiiiii

... i probably won't make it out of pools this time (for genesis 2). assuming i even fly in time for them. mostly going just to hang out and spectate. if you can't beat them, watch them

and yeah, any top 20 player would sandbag aus -- but at least we'd get to see them try if they had a rival... and trust me -- it's amazing to watch irl. i'm willing to donate money i don't even have to see BAM2K11 have this.

darkrain is sexy -- sponsor him

i gave him 3% once. felt so pro

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I think if you want a falcon, darkrain would be the best to sponsor cuz he seems like he'd be the most open to traveling and wouldnt be a douche to people and drop water on shaya's controller. And he is always a beast in game, he wouldn't sandbag anybody and even if he did it'd still look insanely sexy.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
If we are picking somone for being a great guy, I'd vote for Hugs as well. Hall was telling me last year that he is an awesome guy, i'd like Jman as well actually lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'm not that interested in players that don't play a fastfaller apart from armada. Like I'm planning to get 2 players, one of them mostly funded by myself, other by community.

So its like ss/darkrain/jman/mango/hax + community vote

Scrubs

Smash Lord
RE: Expense

Most Expensive to Least Expensive

1. Europe
2. USA
3. Japan

That being said I don't think I would be too hyped about any of the Japanese players.

I would vote for

USA - Axe (he is young though I think like 18/19? so that may be in issue)

Alts: Hax, S2J, Kage

Europe - Armada

Alts - Jeapie

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
where is jman from? axe is from west coast, so he'll be more affordable to get over.

Top Bottom