• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Blast Matchup Thread #16 (Rediscussion) - Wario

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I was referring to this
If you SDI to the stage you probably would DI in that direction too,
When I said it was plain wrong. DSSDI not only provides you with a BETTER way of SDIing towards the stage (easier way to put in 3 inputs to the left) you can do it while still holding up in the case that they try to kill you with fair.

Of course you can try to SDI by using the analog stick (which WOULD cause you to 'DI in that direction too'), but that's dumb cause DSSDI is a better option in every way possible lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
I wasn't really talking about fairing Wario. I was talking about Wario moving into Diddy and fairing him which would still happen if you DSSDI so whatever lol. And if Wario doesn't go for it and tries to do something else (and not predict the spike) like double jump, fart, fair, etc, that might be risky since it's not too easy to react to Diddys spike since it's pretty fast.

I think if you get hit while hitting the cstick your DI will change to the direction of the cstick even if you're holding the controlstick in a other direction. At least that happened sometimes to me and is really annoying. So he might not be 100 % save with it.

Also do people really use DSSDI? I tried it for some stuff, but it doesn't really seem to work for me so I never really gotten into it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I feel double stick is really weird, although I have gotten some great SDI lengths out of it. Usually though I get too focused on getting the SDI inputs and then my DI is balls loool

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think if you get hit while hitting the cstick your DI will change to the direction of the cstick even if you're holding the controlstick in a other direction. At least that happened sometimes to me and is really annoying. So he might not be 100 % save with it.
I feel double stick is really weird, although I have gotten some great SDI lengths out of it. Usually though I get too focused on getting the SDI inputs and then my DI is bal

I just explained this.
No, you can't DI with the C-stick (or at least it's never happened to me, I've never heard of it happening and I've heard from multiple sources that you can't). You can only SDI with the C-stick. You can do both with the analog stick.

By holding up+towards the stage on the ANALOG stick and flicking the C-stick toward the stage when you get hit by whatever Diddy hits Wario with, Wario will eliminate the chance of improperly DIing a fair/bair (because you're holding up+left on the analog stick, thus you will DI properly) and the DSSDI inputs become (up+left)-->(left)-->(up+left), assuming you're being air released on the right side of the stage.
The DI comes only from the analog stick, the SDI comes from both.

Yes, I DSSDI all the time and it never causes me to DI improperly. It CAN if you do it incorrectly, but...just don't do it incorrectly lol.
It sounds like you two don't understand how DSSDI works.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Im not talking about my DI being bad through C-stick. I meant my DI normally if I'm trying to SDI hard can be butt, even more so with double stick because I'm focusing on SDI inputs for both sticks lol.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It sounds like you two don't understand how DSSDI works.
I do, but it doesn't work nearly as well as the normal SDI I always do so I don't use it.

And I already said you're right about Wario being able to DI both dair and fair or w/e. >_>

I'm 99% sure though that the cstick can mess up your DI it happened to me a few times in the past and it was always sooo annoying... I'm 100 % sure I DI'd with the controlstick, but I still flew with bad/no DI and it always happened while pressing the cstick to SDI.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Alright, do these discussions are coming to a close this week. Please post ratios of what you think the MU is, barely anyone is doing that..

:phone:

Top Bottom