• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Yoshi

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So if yoshi mains want to keep there grab-release combos, why don't you let them? You let the other chaingrabbers keep at the very least a tech-chase, or a good compansation for their loss. I would suggest change the frame data so that when a character is released the only thing they can do is air-dodge a yoshi follow up. That way it is in esence a aerial tech chase. If they don't air-dodge yoshi can hit them with uair, nair, usmash ect. but if they air-dodge yoshi can still pursue them and punish the air dodge. and maybe go into another grab.

bigman40

Smash Master
That wouldn't work as a tech chase simply cause they'll have a DJ to get away. Airdodge takes normally 3-4 frames, and since jumping starts on frame 1, they'll just jump out of danger then proceed to getting away safely.

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
Make his eggs killable at 120+ damage =)

Ok, farfetched and just plan evil. I shudder at the loss of CG, but I understand why to get rid of it. But it was a huge, HUGE, part of his game IMO, and I feel that damage buff's alone don't fully compensate. Making his bite do more damage as well might help, but if you tally up damage done with CG and compare it to more throw damage minus the CG....the compensation's just not there. CG in a nutshell had 2 prime uses: Rallied up damage, and kill set-up's. No CG with more throw damage nerf's both of those uses, IMO.

My 2 cents.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
yoshi got more shield damage on aerials so thats good
im pretty sure yoshi is a much better character in bbrawl
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom