• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced brawl Falcon

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Negative feedback is feedback too. Deal with it.

I think Bbrawl is stupid, too.
Could you be PLEASE kind enought to explain why?
also, I do not actually consider "ahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahamoredicks" and "I dont like it" feedback, more like trolling.
If you don´t like whole idea stop trolling.
If you like idea but don´t like changes to stages/characters, comment.
You will have lower postcount, but bigger respect (except a sect of trolls). Think about it.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
there's a PAL version? i thought the codeset could be used for all versions(pal,ntsc,secam)
bbrawl is pretty cool IMO
textures are extra cool

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Could you be PLEASE kind enought to explain why?
also, I do not actually consider "ahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahamoredicks" and "I dont like it" feedback, more like trolling.
If you don´t like whole idea stop trolling.
If you like idea but don´t like changes to stages/characters, comment.
You will have lower postcount, but bigger respect (except a sect of trolls). Think about it.
1. it's 'please be'
2. He said 'no offense, but I hate it'. An opinion can't be bad/wrong even if you *gasp* dont agree with said opinion.
3. Yes, those were troll posts and reported, but he also posted a normal post containing his opinion.
4. I dont like changes to stages/characters. *gasp*
5. Post count? what are you? 5 years old?
6. Your opinion =/= everyones opinion. Think about it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
geez bro whos **** is up your ***

i dislike bbrawl because its just brawl.... except... balanced? (lol)

i guess its fun but i wouldnt play it, im not hating on any of you at all

plus i like brawl+ more

YES i have played bbrawl so dont give me any of that play it and youll love it ****

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
geez bro whos **** is up your ***

i dislike bbrawl because its just brawl.... except... balanced? (lol)

i guess its fun but i wouldnt play it, im not hating on any of you at all

plus i like brawl+ more

YES i have played bbrawl so dont give me any of that play it and youll love it ****
Just based on your language you seem to be the one who is most offended here. Nothing is wrong with stating your opinions but you have to admit with responses like "hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahamoredicks" it is hard to believe you aren't trolling.

No need to spew hate guys. If you don't like it don't play it. I'm sure you would have a better time playing Brawl+ than continuing to waste your time bashing BBrawl in here. If not then you really are just a troll.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Your logic is lol, everyone told you Bbrawl=Brawl so there's no need to try it if you don't like Brawl anyway
~random french dude lurking at 2:47 am~

Player-3

Smash Hero
Just based on your language you seem to be the one who is most offended here. Nothing is wrong with stating your opinions but you have to admit with responses like "hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahamoredicks" it is hard to believe you aren't trolling.

No need to spew hate guys. If you don't like it don't play it. I'm sure you would have a better time playing Brawl+ than continuing to waste your time bashing BBrawl in here. If not then you really are just a troll.
yeah, i am just a troll

lul

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is the Falcon board, after all. Mindgames is all we got.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Not anymore in BBrawl ;).
*rimshot* (also Ganon >>>>> CF)

Mit

Smash Ace
You all have no excuse anymore. BBrawl's first standard release it out, and like all other mods now, you can play it without hacking/modding your Wii. All you need is an SD card. So try it out!

We are pleased to announce that this standard version is geared toward widespread play, including tournament play, more than ever before. By working in conjunction with Smash Stack, Balanced Brawl can be booted on any Wii, including Wiis without the Homebrew Channel! That's right, hacking your Wii with HBC installation is no longer a requirement! All you need is an SD Card, a Wii, and a copy of Brawl to play. Just follow these simple steps (North American version only).

1. Place the files in the correct structure on the SD card. A .zip archive is available for download that will automatically place all files correctly, but if you wish to do it manually, put the gameconfig.txt and the boot.elf file in the root of the SD card, rsbe01.gct in a folder named codes, and smash stack as the only file in the folder private/wii/app/rsbe/st
2. Delete all custom stages from your Wii, including the three that came with Brawl by default. If you wish to save any stages, back them to your computer or a second SD card.
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the stage builder. Press A to "Launch Game" when prompted. Brawl should restart.
4. Remove the SD card and enjoy Balanced Brawl!

Mit

Smash Ace
Sorry, but whats the difference between Balanced Brawl and Brawl+?
-.-

Really? Reading might do you well next time, but I'll elaborate.

Brawl+ takes Brawl and speeds the entire game up, and makes tons of changes to characters, usually to allow them to have combos of some sort. It feels more like Melee than Brawl due to the speed and momentum changes.

Balanced Brawl is made to feel like normal Brawl, only minor changes are made throughout the cast to balance them. So, top tier characters receive nerfs, and bottom tier character receive buffs, in an effort to bring all the characters toward the middle, and make them all tournament-viable.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I actually agree with you. I mean, I know it's for fun and all, but that's what most Brawl players are dissed about. Having fun instead of being competitive, when in the slogan of B+ I find, "I want fun speed, activate now!" or something along that line.
Competition does not exclude fun. Rather, competitive players wouldn't think the game is fun had it not been for the competition.

If the developers didn't do it, then I'm not for it. Playing with Captain Falcon as he is is a true test to competitive brawlers. I love the challenges of trying to outwit an opponent with a disjointed hitbox. Just my opinion though.
Sakurai didn't have some sort of plan making Captain Falcon and other low tiers suck. He just messed up. Developers do that some time.

Kieso

Smash Cadet
-.-

Really? Reading might do you well next time, but I'll elaborate.

Brawl+ takes Brawl and speeds the entire game up, and makes tons of changes to characters, usually to allow them to have combos of some sort. It feels more like Melee than Brawl due to the speed and momentum changes.

Balanced Brawl is made to feel like normal Brawl, only minor changes are made throughout the cast to balance them. So, top tier characters receive nerfs, and bottom tier character receive buffs, in an effort to bring all the characters toward the middle, and make them all tournament-viable.
Sorry, I was just reading the thread and was curious, since I have Brawl+ (Plus im at work, I cant loaft around the computer) Thanks for the heads up though.

Another Q is anyone knows.

Can I have both BBrawl and Brawl+ on my Wii?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i doubt it, as you need a rsbe01.gct for both BBrawl and B+. If SD Explorer can rename files, then I wouldn't have a problem with this.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah you can kieso you go into the homebrew browser or whatever and find the program called cheat manager, dl it

and on your sd card have two TXT files in the codes folder for each, then using cheat manager on the wii yo ucan select which codes to use

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
but don't they both need to be named rsbe01? or would you name one rsbe01 and the other rsbe02 for example?

i've always used Ocarina and it automatically searchs for 01 only.

Player-3

Smash Hero
cheat manager lets you select individual codes from a txt file in the codes folder, then exports those codes into a rsbe01

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
actually you cant have both at once, you can still play both but you cant keep both files on your sd at the same time. cause it will just replace each other

Mit

Smash Ace
Sorry, I was just reading the thread and was curious, since I have Brawl+ (Plus im at work, I cant loaft around the computer) Thanks for the heads up though.

Another Q is anyone knows.

Can I have both BBrawl and Brawl+ on my Wii?
If you're doing the method that doesn't require your Wii to be hacked, you'll have to keep a copy of the Brawl+ codeset on your computer in addition to the BBrawl codeset, and put whichever one you would like to play on your SD card.

Q:

do you actually have to delete all custom stages to play BBrawl?
Yes. However, you can move all of your stages onto your SD card, and then move them onto your computer and store them there. Then you can put the BBrawl stuff on your SD card and play it (without custom stages). If you would like your custom stages back when not playing BBrawl, you can put them back onto your SD card from your computer.

If you want custom stages and BBrawl at the same time, you'll have to actually hack your Wii and get the Homebrew channel and all of that.

JOE!

Smash Hero
not to spam this with another Q but...:

Can you "unload" BBrawl once it is put onto a Unhacked Wii?

Mit

Smash Ace
not to spam this with another Q but...:

Can you "unload" BBrawl once it is put onto a Unhacked Wii?
Yes, the load is only temporary. Every single time you start up Brawl, if you want to play BBrawl, you must go into Stage Creator and load it up. If you don't want to play BBrawl, just don't load it, or remove the codeset from your SD card altogether to allow custom stages again.

Mit

Smash Ace
Gonna risk a double post here, as an edit isn't going to get the thread bumped or make anyone notice it.

Anyways, I've played this a good amount now, and Falcon can still be pretty good. You've still gotta be just as careful when you're building damage, although the new falcon kick and raptor boost can help with that. However, the biggest, most useful thing I've noticed is the increased power and knockback of uair and nair. The second hit of nair can kill very early, especially if you're close to the edge of a stage, or even better, offstage. Also, uair offstage kills are plentiful. If you get it at the right angle they're almost always going to die. Try and keep it fresh, because it's very useful for a kill move.

Aerial raptor boost can be pretty handy as well, because if you land it you aren't dead. Figuring out where to work it into your playstyle to punish your opponents aerials or airdodges can help, and it also seems pretty easy to throw them for a loop and land multiple aerial raptor boosts one after the other.

Also, utilt as always is still crazy. If you save this for a kill move it can be devastating as well, especially against people without amazing recoveries. The angle on it isn't quite as ridiculous in 1.0 (it isn't 0º anymore, more like 10-15 or something), but it's still scary, and the knockback will send you straight to the bottom corner of the stage.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Upair was not buffed. I noticed most the pummel and throw changes, Ftilt safe on hit and falcon kick safe on hit. I wouldn´t say Falcon is not in lower 1/3 but definately more viable. I think another buff is coming in next release although I am not sure =)

Mit

Smash Ace
Haha, you're right, perhaps I've just been keeping it fresh more often, saving it to use for kills. I've also started shorthop nairing into jabbers instead of shorthop knees. Shorthop knees don't have a long enough hitbox to pressure shields enough to prevent shield grabs. Shorthop nairs do, however, and if you go into jabs as soon as you land (fastfall land that is), if your opponent does anything besides roll away or keep shielding, they're probably gonna get jabbed.

Anyhow, I'd agree that Falcon is still in the lower part of their tier list, due to his unavoidable flaws like low priority and lack of disjointed hitboxes. Certainly more lethal now though. Can rack damage faster and can kill sooner, perhaps with some irregular moves.

Also, I think I've landed maybe 2 dtilts since I've started playing this new BBrawl release. I think the move will forever remain useless unless they speed it up a good amount. If they sped it up a lot, I'd be okay with it tripping again, because it might make it possible to techchase people, which would add a lot to Falcon's playstyle.

Player-3

Smash Hero
dtilt
is
not
useless
in
vbrawl

gtfo troll

its one of his best moves imo besides uair/utilt/dair/bair/nair

Mit

Smash Ace
It comes out slow and ends slow. In every situation where I could use it, I can usually think of something better to use. Hardly safe to use when your opponent is at low percents as well, sets up for hardly anything in vBrawl, and still has a rather average setup in BBrawl. I'd rather just dash grab and go from there.

Player-3

Smash Hero
im pretty sure its his fastest tilt.

as long as our not stupid and hit someones shield with it its great for setting up for a grab or another dtilt depending on what they do

I.E punishing somebodys AD into the stage with it, refreshes your moves too

Mit

Smash Ace
I have indeed tried chaining dtilts, but that seems to only work for so long. Perhaps I don't like the move anymore because most everyone I play against knows how to react against it, and simply evade and don't allow anything to come of it.

Top Bottom