• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bakersfield Ca/kern County Smashers (661)

d-Rishain-g

Smash Cadet
Ok I have been trying to find Bakersfield smasher on the boards for a while .... and only find them here and there mix throw many different threads. As it Stans right now Smashboards.com has yet to put up a city/county specific section (and for good reason i might add). So people in bakersfield find it hard to locate each others, so i decide to go throw and find as many people that i can that have openly stated (only those that choose to make there selfs known) they are form the area.

List so far

Xanthyr
D-Rishain-g
jihnsius
second-best
pinceofDalaam
govikingz07 the 07 are # not letters
Mastapork
Mindphazzer
Shadow geist
Shadowcload
theblackrose
mdragonfrost
Grimus
Xantrax

green means they are known to be inactive

hopefully this list well grow and it well be easier for bakersfield/kern county smasher to find each other to set up events.

according to jihnsius there well be a torny at paladin gaming on Wilson in the coming weeks. Im sure he'll put up a date when he can.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Xanthvr
D-Rishain-g
jihnsius
second-best
pinceofDalaam
govikingz07
Mastapork
Mindphazzer
Shadow geist
Shadowcload
choknater
theblackrose
mdragonfrost
Pork and Mind don't play often anymore.

Choknater lives in Modesto, not Bakersfield.

Xantrax also lives in Bakersfield, as well as another group on the east side that doesn't frequent these boards.
EDIT: As does Grimus.

I advise you all to join http://www.bakersfieldgaming.com . It's been a bit dead lately, but it's a good compilation of competitive gamers in Bakersfield.

Also, sign up for the GSC, it's easier to keep track of who lives where.

d-Rishain-g

Smash Cadet
dead as of late is an understatement, the last post on there was back in October for there smash section. how ever i well join just to try it out. and whats this gsc you speak of.

d-Rishain-g

Smash Cadet
cool, however im still going to keep updateing this thing so that when people that dont know about that program (like me) well know where to look for bakersfield smashers.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I acutally took first at a tourney in Bakersfield a little over a year ago. I can't remember who else was there, but there were about 16 players and a couple of them were actually pretty good.

It was at some mall based arcade....and they have their own forums too....but I can't for the life of me remember what the url was for it.

Bakersfield is central valley or no?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I acutally took first at a tourney in Bakersfield a little over a year ago. I can't remember who else was there, but there were about 16 players and a couple of them were actually pretty good.

It was at some mall based arcade....and they have their own forums too....but I can't for the life of me remember what the url was for it.

Bakersfield is central valley or no?
Bakersfield is every part of California.

It was BakersfieldDDR, which is now BakersfieldGaming.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
i still owe zivilyn bane for mlg 2006
Too true. Well technically you owe ShadowCloud. $30 IIRC? Or maybe $50? I can't remember =/

You ever gonna pay us?? 0_o

Jihnsius: that's right, it was. Hey were you there by any chance? I'd like to know the name of the young falco player. He was not too bad for never getting out of bakersfield to smash

Malicious

Smash Rookie
Where Can I Find Tournaments

Whats Up I'm from delano picked up smashing in Arizona when went to college back in the valley now and **** i can't find any good tournaments for squat. A few smashers(20-30) from delano smash here and there but we're really looking for a good tournament. Let me know i can gather up a lot of smashers if its a good tournament.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Hey there my fellow Bakersfield Smashers. I am a native to Bakersfield, and being so, I know it only takes about one and a half hours to get to Fresno. I am hosting a tournament in Fresno on May 10th. Check the section this thread is in to find it. Hope to see you all there.

GameSythe

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking for a while now tryin to find some tournaments or SOMETHING to play with other Smashers in Bakersfield. I know this is kinda an old thread, but I wanted to show that there are still people in Bakersfield wanting someone to kick up a tourney or something!

I would, but I'm sure others have better connections and larger community pull. I only play with a group of, about, 5 or so. So with all that said, Hola.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I think very few people in Bakersfield play competitively anymore. I'll be in town on the 21st if anyone's interested in playing.

Malicious

Smash Rookie
Me and a few buddies from Delano going to host a tourney at LRS pizza In Delano. Sometime Early August my buddy told me the date but i forgot but when i get a hold of him i'll post the date and more information. We've got the placed reserved already they have 7 nice TVS and We have 7 Wiis. We have more then 7 brawl copies. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Too true. Well technically you owe ShadowCloud. $30 IIRC? Or maybe $50? I can't remember =/

You ever gonna pay us?? 0_o

Jihnsius: that's right, it was. Hey were you there by any chance? I'd like to know the name of the young falco player. He was not too bad for never getting out of bakersfield to smash
Yeah that was me back in the day. LUL I doubt you'll ever see this, but I started playing again. This time with out of town training and experience. ;) We have a bunch of Melee players now that I've create a community here in Bakersfield!

Last edited:
Top Bottom