• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair into turnaround jab

RedPittoo

Smash Rookie
What are the best inputs for this?

Should i smash the control stick in the opposite direction upon landing or just hold back and then press A? I end up doing a dash attack pretty often.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
You should be holding the direction you want to turn while doing the back air and a frame after landing. Then you should release the stick to neutral and jab. I think this should work though my understanding of turn mechanics is not perfect.

Edit: I think I am wrong. I need to test it.

Last edited:

COB

Smash Apprentice
You should be holding the direction you want to turn while doing the back air and a frame after landing. Then you should release the stick to neutral and jab. I think this should work though my understanding of turn mechanics is not perfect.

Edit: I think I am wrong. I need to test it.
was this ever tested? I don't think this sounds right

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
No I don't think this is right because you would buffer a non smash turn. I understand this stuff a little better now lol.

Edit: Actually I'm still not sure : p

Edit 2: Okay no it shouldn't work

Last edited:

COB

Smash Apprentice
No I don't think this is right because you would buffer a non smash turn. I understand this stuff a little better now lol.

Edit: Actually I'm still not sure : p

Edit 2: Okay no it shouldn't work
Okay, I still haven't tested it but I don't think it works like that :0 may do my own testing today and report back here.

Off topic but you were the Peach at DHATL that was telling me stuff about dthrow -> dash attack in the ditto right? Do you remember that?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Yes I was. That does work because you buffer a walk and then the turn is automatically a smash turn when you turn around. It works when you have at least a frame to spare.

Top Bottom