• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
seeing that its been about 6 months since bagan has said anything is this the point where we assume the dream is dead?
Bagan's in school right now, which is why activity is low on the mod front; plus, my own computer which I was using to develop the mod needs a new charging cord. Only computer I have right now is one shared with my family, and I don't tend to get much time on it; so mod work is currently difficult.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
And item animations. But otherwise he's good to go. I wish Bagan would do a public beta, but who knows if he even checks here anymore...
I'm surprised he released a classic ridley beta before a metal face beta especially since metal face seems more complete than classic ridley. Is there even anyone else who has access to the mod or is it just Bagan? I thought I heard somewhere that K. Rool is a team project but I'm not sure.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised he released a classic ridley beta before a metal face beta especially since metal face seems more complete than classic ridley. Is there even anyone else who has access to the mod or is it just Bagan? I thought I heard somewhere that K. Rool is a team project but I'm not sure.
There's a private beta for Metal Face. I have access to the files as well as some other people. I feel like he should get released to the public, but I clearly don't have the clearance to do that. Maybe bagan will return from the dead and release K Rool and Metal Face and Ridley all at once...

IROX568

Smash Cadet
I have access to the files as well as some other people. I feel like he should get released to the public, but I clearly don't have the clearance to do that./QUOTE]

True. It probably wouldn't be right to just release his project without his permission (unless we know for sure he isn't coming back) but I think it may be safe to assume he'll come back finish it up around summer time once school is out.
Edit: I have no clue why my reply turned out like that

Last edited:

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Which one of you is responsible for this?

And why is this only the first time I'm hearing about this?

EnderAndroid

Smash Rookie
Which one of you is responsible for this?

And why is this only the first time I'm hearing about this?
Went on to the PMEX Cobalt Discord. Decided to ask Szion some questions.

Currently trying to find out who released these files. Hasn't given a response yet.

whoever did that, thats not cool....i know the mod has been nearly done for a long time but be more patient and let the creator release it on his own. of course its too late now but you get what i mean

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice

Whoever did this, one thing's for sure. He's one hell of a coward.
Hope this doesn't discourage Bagan from continuing work... That'd suck since some "random guy" decided that he's got the authority to leak Metal Face out. When Bagan returns, this'll only discourage him from continuing to work.
Tl;dr
This sucks.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Went on to the PMEX Cobalt Discord. Decided to ask Szion some questions.

Currently trying to find out who released these files. Hasn't given a response yet.

I wish you the best of luck in finding them, but I wouldn't hold out hope. If he used a fake YouTube account, he probably used a fake discord. If you get any leads, keep us posted. Maybe check Szion's friends and people in the Cobalt discord?
Also sorry for double post.

Here's an image of all the people in my private beta, possible suspects. I'm guessing there's a private beta 1 out there somewhere too.
Link in case image doesn't work: http://imgur.com/MWCOSCQ

Last edited:

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
But, can't people keep the files that are already in the mod? It's not like you can force everyone to delete the Metal Face psa

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
But, can't people keep the files that are already in the mod? It's not like you can force everyone to delete the Metal Face psa
While that's true, it'll restrict the number of people who get access to the moveset. It's better to remove it than just leave it up.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The only way someone could have gotten him is if they're part of the team themselves, so it might have been someone who is/was on the team around when we put Metal Face on hold. I have a distinct feeling whoever did this is going to be removed from the team, honestly.

It's a good thing Szion's probably going to remove it, though,because it'd be pretty scummy to release the mod with that content in it without our permission.

EDIT:
I don't think that build is publicly available, though; the current public build of Cobalt Legacy doesn't have Metal Face in it, and I assume that there's going to be a strict rule on not releasing that version of the mod with him in it.

At least, there'd better be a rule in place to keep this from leaking out. If not...well, it'd be unpleasant for Bagan when he comes back to have a swarm of us all chanting "METAL FACE GOT LEAKED WHAT DO WE DO" at him.

Last edited:

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
The only way someone could have gotten him is if they're part of the team themselves, so it might have been someone who is/was on the team around when we put Metal Face on hold. I have a distinct feeling whoever did this is going to be removed from the team, honestly.

It's a good thing Szion's probably going to remove it, though,because it'd be pretty scummy to release the mod with that content in it without our permission.

EDIT:

I don't think that build is publicly available, though; the current public build of Cobalt Legacy doesn't have Metal Face in it, and I assume that there's going to be a strict rule on not releasing that version of the mod with him in it.

At least, there'd better be a rule in place to keep this from leaking out. If not...well, it'd be unpleasant for Bagan when he comes back to have a swarm of us all chanting "METAL FACE GOT LEAKED WHAT DO WE DO" at him.
The build on brawl vault is a fake, he advertises his Discord in everything in hopes that people will come and download the Real one. He's said this on his discord multiple times.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
The build on brawl vault is a fake, he advertises his Discord in everything in hopes that people will come and download the Real one. He's said this on his discord multiple times.
This is correct, I differ in morals on characters, I care for completion, balance, and inclusion. The only time i care about where a character comes from, is when its in the credits statement thanking them for making my childhood dreams a reality. Brawlvault build does not contain lyn, knuckles, isaac, or metal face, i know smashboards and brawlvault have a thing about the PM "forbidden"s. (yes im aware its by request

The brawlvault build is simply there because I was urged to release it there...after literally 14 months of exclusive balance work and youtube releases. It is not the full experience, so I always urge people to join the discord. Brawlvault censors the good work the PM devs and brawlzeus devs put into those forbiddens and I'll not rob that experience from my users, no matter where they're from. It would do me good to undo the CSS preview of the full build and put the ?'s in those leak spaces..that way it wouldnt be false advertising...hm

Much like that guy, I assumed the project was abandoned, as I hadn't heard a word from our dear Bagan in forever. I'm new to this modding food chain and I'm somewhere at the bottom, I just want to put things together, i'm extremely simple. When I made my pmex build i simply thought to put in kickass characters with as complete movesets as possible, while removing as much jank nonsense as possible (blazikens spiking projectile, shadows stun on spear for example). Im aware work goes into all these characters by modders but Im just a guy throwing them all together. The only reason i even released my build was friendly peer pressure. I did find it strange that only a particular person/few would have metal face, however, had the creator stopped working on them, i saw no reason for it to be locked away. Had bagan asked me to remove it, or any member of the team, I would've, not a big deal. Though, at this point the damage is done. All that's goin to happen now is, people who played with metal face before are going to be without him. I cant speak for bagan but if i developed an entire character, someone leaked it before i finished it....uh, im not sure whats discouraging about that. Everyone loves the work on this "beta", whats to stop him from finishing it? Even if he did beleive what he put out was good enough, based on public reception, surely he has his own plans? I think the worst case scenario is that he cuts all y'all other devs loose and works alone so it never happens again. which i guess slows down development time, but I think thats a calculated risk one of your team members took, No?...

Either way I can tell this is far more serious than I can comprehend for reasons I don't know, tl;dr, sorry to piss everyone off, i assumed it was rip, and if it were me, i wouldnt care if my stuff got leaked, especially if it looked that good. also many of my users have the files now, what do?

P.S. Yes I contacted bagan through youtube and here..or attempted. the mans a ghost. Truth be told ,I hope he lets me keep the beta, as that would mean I don't have to cut everyone off. It will be removed along with the upcoming balance patch. Only reason i havent put out new downloads immediately is because its a waste of space, time, and nobodys gonna download the same patch MINUS metal face.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Actually there's alot wrong here. B-air angle is lower and less supplementary to combos,that dragging speed is too much, side b startup too quick, fair cancels midair too early... i think this made him busted af. idk kjp..

yeah no this is probably the most imbalanced, busted, no-thought-required balance update..

12 landing lag on nair??? **** is free. He's really disgusting

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
Actually there's alot wrong here. B-air angle is lower and less supplementary to combos,that dragging speed is too much, side b startup too quick, fair cancels midair too early... i think this made him busted af. idk kjp..

yeah no this is probably the most imbalanced, busted, no-thought-required balance update..

12 landing lag on nair??? **** is free. He's really disgusting
that's a polite and pleasant way of putting your opinion.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
that's a polite and pleasant way of putting your opinion.
I dont mean the update itself its no-thought required, thatd be mean af.

I mean the character itself in gameplay right now is no thought required. Thats what ended up being found out. the guy himself is an excellent PSA'er but ridley in this state requires 0 effort and is quite literally free on shield, has far too many options at any given moment when he clicks a button. all of which are amazing in neutral, which is why i say the character requires no thought to play. Sure i could've worded it differently but the thing is, this is an extreme level of overpowered im trying to convey. The character transcends neutral, transcends being punished for poor decisions. There are no poor decisions, and this is after I made him helpless after up B and 0.5 > 0.29 speed on side B. he was still ridiculous. He carries. People. Into. The blast zone.

Normally I'd speak a little different about a PSA but there's so much wrong here, and while kjp himself may have put plenty of thought into the rebalance, I put 0 thought into ftilt near ledge and killing at like 70. by near ledge i mean almost nowhere near it. i mmean a place where i can cover all options safely.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
I dont mean the update itself its no-thought required, thatd be mean af.

I mean the character itself in gameplay right now is no thought required. Thats what ended up being found out. the guy himself is an excellent PSA'er but ridley in this state requires 0 effort and is quite literally free on shield, has far too many options at any given moment when he clicks a button. all of which are amazing in neutral, which is why i say the character requires no thought to play. Sure i could've worded it differently but the thing is, this is an extreme level of overpowered im trying to convey. The character transcends neutral, transcends being punished for poor decisions. There are no poor decisions, and this is after I made him helpless after up B and 0.5 > 0.29 speed on side B. he was still ridiculous. He carries. People. Into. The blast zone.

Normally I'd speak a little different about a PSA but there's so much wrong here, and while kjp himself may have put plenty of thought into the rebalance, I put 0 thought into ftilt near ledge and killing at like 70. by near ledge i mean almost nowhere near it. i mmean a place where i can cover all options safely.
My b, when you said "most imbalanced, busted, no-thought-required." I thought you were saying "some idiot made the most broken character I've ever played as." Probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Last edited:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
My b, when you said "most imbalanced, busted, no-thought-required." I thought you were saying "some idiot made the most broken character I've ever played as." Probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.
nah its cool fam, it was rather hard to tell which was right. xD i know kjp to be lit-famerino so id never really mean anything like that even if you were right

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
We can continue to remain patient. It sucks that Metal Face was leaked though because i could never even get my version of the beta to load without crashing at stage select. As far as classic ridley, I would agree with Szion to some extent. But the matter is that Ridley ultimately isn't racking up fast damage. Once you have Ridley into a combo with Jigglypuff, you literally shut him down. That's the tradeoff. Fast damage rack up, but one combo or Rest and it's a free stock. Think of KJP's Ridley as the Bayonetta of PM.

Top Bottom