• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Does K. Rool have any really good combo airs? Like, do any of his airs work well in combos? One of my ideas was, for his BAir, he would wave his blunderbuss around while it spews flames, doing low knockback, but good hitstun.
Brought this exact idea earlier on, and Bagan stated (if memory serves right) that it will likely be included :)
KAPTAIN.png

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If we're talking about housekeeping stuff, I've found the Project M announcer, and can email him about getting voice clips recorded for Bagan's characters. It'd probably cost a commission price, but if it's reasonable, I can do it. The thing is, I'd only want to make one commission from the guy. BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros it'd be helpful to know what other characters beyond Ridley/Metal Face/K. Rool are on your radar at the moment (I know of Kraid at this point). I'll probably look around to see what other characters modders are making (like Waluigi and Porky) to see if I could help them out as well. My thinking is, if I go through with this, to send the guy a list of names to announce in the P:M style, and then have the people who know how to make .sawnd files take over.

Of course, if that one guy who said he was making an announcer pack could put a good quality one together for free, that'd be a great option too, but he hasn't been around lately I don't think.

EDIT: I know that the font for P:M stages is "Impact," though not sure if that's for characters too.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
wait so these
are stock icons.
i dont know what this is for
or these

and these are cps right?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking about housekeeping stuff, I've found the Project M announcer, and can email him about getting voice clips recorded for Bagan's characters. It'd probably cost a commission price, but if it's reasonable, I can do it. The thing is, I'd only want to make one commission from the guy. BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros it'd be helpful to know what other characters beyond Ridley/Metal Face/K. Rool are on your radar at the moment (I know of Kraid at this point). I'll probably look around to see what other characters modders are making (like Waluigi and Porky) to see if I could help them out as well. My thinking is, if I go through with this, to send the guy a list of names to announce in the P:M style, and then have the people who know how to make .sawnd files take over.

Of course, if that one guy who said he was making an announcer pack could put a good quality one together for free, that'd be a great option too, but he hasn't been around lately I don't think.

EDIT: I know that the font for P:M stages is "Impact," though not sure if that's for characters too.
Still haven't found that Porky mod page... A link please?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Does K. Rool have any really good combo airs? Like, do any of his airs work well in combos? One of my ideas was, for his BAir, he would wave his blunderbuss around while it spews flames, doing low knockback, but good hitstun.
His aerial attacks aren't done yet.
1.I didn't do the names because i cannot figure out how to download the official Project M Font
2. I suck at rendering for now so this is what we have as laceholder
3. Don't even get me started on stock icons

Thanks for those. But is it just me or default color with normal proportions has something wrong with the tint? It has yellow tint that default color with modified proportions lacks.

Good to know that you're willing to pay for something like this if price isn't ridiculous. So far, i have Ridley, Metal Face, K. Rool, Kraid, Ganon (i doubt this one will require a new announcer clip) and...um...f*** it, Zant. Can't think of anyone else.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
His aerial attacks aren't done yet.

Thanks for those. But is it just me or default color with normal proportions has something wrong with the tint? It has yellow tint that default color with modified proportions lacks.

Good to know that you're willing to pay for something like this if price isn't ridiculous. So far, i have Ridley, Metal Face, K. Rool, Kraid, Ganon (i doubt this one will require a new announcer clip) and...um...f*** it, Zant. Can't think of anyone else.
I mean, there's also Tyrantrum; may as well get a little more work done with him while we're at it. Granted, that's not exactly everyone's work, but may as well lump him in.

Last edited:

IROX568

Smash Cadet
1.I didn't do the names because i cannot figure out how to download the official Project M Font
2. I suck at rendering for now so this is what we have as laceholder
3. Don't even get me started on stock icons

They look really good actually, but I think the eyes should have more red (like metal face in my profile pic)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
They look really good actually, but I think the eyes should have more red (like metal face in my profile pic)
Can easily be fixed in photoshop. They are not red on the icons because model lacks glowing eyes. It's done with GFX.
Without GFX:
ScreenCapture340.png

With GFX:
00000000-48.png

Makes it possible to have them change...um...opacity...transparency...whatever over time.
...hm...i could turn his glowing lines into GFX to solve the problem with materials AND make them look like in Xenoblade. Model isn't too big to lag the game, but i'm not sure if FitRobot.pac file can handle it. And then there's upgraded model, which has it's own lines, but it's mostly just the claws, head and waist...which bends when his waist is rotated and GFX lines won't do that...urgh...Why can't he be as simple as Ridley was?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice

I know Marioking64DS is making Black Shadow... Pyortrluzhin is making bomberman, slippy, banjo, viewtiful joe, shadow, and possibly revamping geno. Who knows though... It'd probably just be easier to get a community member to voice the announcer and just have him record every time a new character comes out...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
MF's Item animations are done...item animations are done...finally. Now there are only one taunt, one victory animation and ladder animations before i'll start putting all of this code into a new FitRobot.pac file to fix few glitches like Assist Trophy not being used and hammer activating only after you jump. I'll say right now that i didn't care about the gun animations, so, they look bad. But i don't care! Other item animations are far better. And can you really blame me for hating gun animations?

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
MF's Item animations are done...item animations are done...finally. Now there are only one taunt, one victory animation and ladder animations before i'll start putting all of this code into a new FitRobot.pac file to fix few glitches like Assist Trophy not being used and hammer activating only after you jump. I'll say right now that i didn't care about the gun animations, so, they look bad. But i don't care! Other item animations are far better. And can you really blame me for hating gun animations?
I found Ridley's rather humorous so as long as they are funny I'm okay with that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I found Ridley's rather humorous so as long as they are funny I'm okay with that.
Gun animation are just bad (i literally just used Ganondorf's animations and made them fit because f*** them) and weird (Metal Face's hands clearly were not designed with that kind of stuff in mind).

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Gun animation are just bad (i literally just used Ganondorf's animations and made them fit because f*** them) and weird (Metal Face's hands clearly were not designed with that kind of stuff in mind).
Whatever works! I'll take it! The sooner he's finished, the sooner you can start working on other stuff. In related news, you have any idea where Kraid's model is?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Whatever works! I'll take it! The sooner he's finished, the sooner you can start working on other stuff. In related news, you have any idea where Kraid's model is?
True, i'll get to work on other characters once MF is done and it's easier to just reuse animations for something insignificant than waste time making them from scratch and delaying everything. And i have no idea what happened to Kraid's model and what is its current state.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Narrator hasn't responded yet. I do have his commission number listed, though, so I might give that a call sometime down the road if nothing else materializes.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Um, I think there was some talk about a Porky mod, correct? I'm the one who was making it, but I cancelled it because I'm just not knowledgeable and skilled enough with hacking to finish it. There is this other guy who was helping me create it, but I'm not sure if he's still working on it. If you're interested, take a look at this old thread on KCMM.

Also, good luck on the K. Rool mod! It's looking to be amazing.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Um, I think there was some talk about a Porky mod, correct? I'm the one who was making it, but I cancelled it because I'm just not knowledgeable and skilled enough with hacking to finish it. There is this other guy who was helping me create it, but I'm not sure if he's still working on it. If you're interested, take a look at this old thread on KCMM.

aw shucks, i'm the one who brought it up here.

mod looked pretty potential for an awesome PSA for PM.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

There also is SemiPsycho.

And thanks.
I smell a release soon
And i smell it Soon™. I got so little to do and i already know what to use as references for animations, but i need to find a way to get to work first.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Yeah, SemiPyscho was the "other guy" helping me out on the project. I told him that he could continue on with the project if he wanted to.
If I can find A GREAT PSa such as KJP, i'd help as well as finish all of my W.I.Ps. I sseriously have 200+ animations sitting on my computer waiting from constant projects that i wanted to pick up.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
hey Bagan, remember the Hades model stuff? somebody else extracted out for me. (along with a few couple Kirby models from the new game)

dealing with some OS/.Net framework 3.5 problems on my laptop, so i couldn't rip it myself. come check it out

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Ooh, what kind of animations?
They're just a bunch of folders for each character with corresponding animations for each. But i don't wana get off topic, the focus right now is Metal Face and K Rool. PM me if you want to further this topic.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Out of curiosity saving some time looking through the thread, Is K. Rool being worked on with MarioKing64DS?

Top Bottom