• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ....Is that a new Classic Ridley in your profile picture? 0.0
Not really new. He's been here since first half of 2015. Stopped working on him before i could even finish Neutral B or other specials. All i can really say is that animations are far above old animations of first attempt at Ridley in terms of quality.
Out of 51 Twitter voters:

--37% prefer Option #3
--33% prefer Option #2
--16% prefer something different
--14% prefer Option #1

It's interesting, the render that Option #1 is meant to emulate won that other strawpoll that someone made, but didn't perform as well here. Different strokes, I guess.
Not really surprising for me. Image that won the strawpoll isn't same as render based on it. Others are closer to real thing, but lack expressions.
I'm in love with the second one. As a CSP, it's a bit more simple, less over-the-top flashy. Though I think as a CSP, it should be cropped to include the arm.
That would require making the image even smaller and then it looks either pixelated or blurry.
I'm thinking they performed so differently because the pose just doesn't really work with this model... The eyes and mouth aren't expressive enough and his legs are too short...
That and shoulders are too wide.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking they performed so differently because the pose just doesn't really work with this model... The eyes and mouth aren't expressive enough and his legs are too short...
thats what i thought would happen, so i picked 5, which is the most popular one

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i went back to the first page and have a couple questions. does metalface's down throw still do 17%, why is the word "fake?" next to kraids name, and how does k.rools copter up b work and what does it look like?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, I was thinking back over how K. Rool's Down Special could work, and it was said that he couldn't connect two metal pods with electricity, but he could trigger electricity from a single pod. Maybe pressing the Down Special once could make K. Rool drop a pod, and then a second press would make him use the remote to turn the floor electric for a small area around the pod for a short time (three seconds or so)? It could give K. Rool a small trap against the faster characters like Sheik and Fox, though depending on how strong it is, maybe it could damage him too, like Toon Link's bombs or a C4.

The electric pod is the egg-shaped thing on the wall to the left of K. Rool here:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
i went back to the first page and have a couple questions. does metalface's down throw still do 17%
I think yes.
why is the word "fake?" next to kraids name
Because Fake Kraid has perfect size for Smash and being big isn't its thing.
and how does k.rools copter up b work and what does it look like?
K. Rool's Up B isn't done yet, but it's basically Snake's except it explodes if used for too long.
So, I was thinking back over how K. Rool's Down Special could work, and it was said that he couldn't connect two metal pods with electricity, but he could trigger electricity from a single pod. Maybe pressing the Down Special once could make K. Rool drop a pod, and then a second press would make him use the remote to turn the floor electric for a small area around the pod for a short time (three seconds or so)? It could give K. Rool a small trap against the faster characters like Sheik and Fox, though depending on how strong it is, maybe it could damage him too, like Toon Link's bombs or a C4.

The electric pod is the egg-shaped thing on the wall to the left of K. Rool here:

That should work. I need to take a look at his articles again.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

It could also be a pod that zaps anybody that hits it. Although I still think Down B should be the remote from DKL3.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It could also be a pod that zaps anybody that hits it. Although I still think Down B should be the remote from DKL3.
What exactly was the idea for remote Down B again? So far, it looks like electric pod trap would be more useful when combined with other stuff K. Rool has (Down B > Side B when opponent is hit by the trap > Up/Side Smash sounds pretty good...maybe too good, but there's beta testing for that).

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
The remote would fire a short ranged projectile that would stun an opponent like ZZS's stun pistol. K. Rool could then perform a strong attack (side smash?) while or shortly after they're stunned.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The remote would fire a short ranged projectile that would stun an opponent like ZZS's stun pistol. K. Rool could then perform a strong attack (side smash?) while or shortly after they're stunned.
Well, in that case, electric pod trap sounds more useful and more likely to be done within limitations.
yo mang what about the colors?
Um...later. But i already know what i'm gonna do with them.

Last one probably will be just a recolor and not a costume, but it doesn't looks too difficult to do, so, who knows how it will be. I need to finish the moveset before thinking of that.
Aren't they doing Kaptain.K Rool?
Not yet.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Well, in that case, electric pod trap sounds more useful and more likely to be done within limitations.

Um...later. But i already know what i'm gonna do with them.

Last one probably will be just a recolor and not a costume, but it doesn't looks too difficult to do, so, who knows how it will be. I need to finish the moveset before thinking of that.

Not yet.
Like the recolors. Should be easy enough to do. How's metal face coming along?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Good-looking recolor options (the Krusha and purple ones are my favorite). Also, the Klump one ought to be based on his color scheme from DK64 or the cartoon, rather than Barrel Blast (those are the better-known designs).

Kaptain and others can be considered later once the moveset is ironed out, since that would involve changing the crown toss to use the pirate hat instead. No need to worry about that when there's enough on your plate already.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
The problem with that is the cartoon version is barely different from K. Rool's normal colors.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, unless Bagan were really able to bring out the swampy color with that Klump, it might be better to go with the pink version from DK64. Plus, I think people would like the concept of running around as a pink K. Rool in general, heh.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Like the recolors. Should be easy enough to do. How's metal face coming along?
I've been kinda busy lately, so, didn't really go far. I also hit THAT wall called "fire flower/gun animations" that prevents me from going back to it. I need to break it ASAP.
Yeah, unless Bagan were really able to bring out the swampy color with that Klump, it might be better to go with the pink version from DK64. Plus, I think people would like the concept of running around as a pink K. Rool in general, heh.

That and several characters already have weird pink recolors.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
hey bagan, have you got pokken tournament? well in that game charizard has this one attack that i think needs to be in k.rools moveset. it looks like this
upload_2016-4-12_20-53-2.png

i think this would work as a nice f-tilt since he loves to throw his weight around it would suit him, plus if he's supposed to be a heavyweight with lots of projectiles, this could be a really good "get off me" attack. I would imagine it with set knockback (a little bit more than melee yoshi's d-tilt) and sending it at a semi-spike angle. but you already have a f-tilt so this entire statment is pointless. but i suppose you could replace f-smash with your f-tilt and then f-tilt could be my idea.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
hey bagan, have you got pokken tournament? well in that game charizard has this one attack that i think needs to be in k.rools moveset. it looks like thisView attachment 103685
i think this would work as a nice f-tilt since he loves to throw his weight around it would suit him, plus if he's supposed to be a heavyweight with lots of projectiles, this could be a really good "get off me" attack. I would imagine it with set knockback (a little bit more than melee yoshi's d-tilt) and sending it at a semi-spike angle. but you already have a f-tilt so this entire statment is pointless. but i suppose you could replace f-smash with your f-tilt and then f-tilt could be my idea.
Nope, but i've seen enough videos (FreezehTwo is unsurprising btw). I think current FSmash (with changed animation because current one is...unnatural) just works better for a character that's supposed to be stronger than Donkey Kong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's a belly bump Charizard is doing, right Kazooie56 Kazooie56 ? Maybe a good solution would be to have K. Rool do a belly bump for his ledge attack...that way, he has the move, but he keeps the more brutal attacks that fit him for his F-Tilt/F-Smash.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
good idea but i dont know how you're going to make k.rool go from holding a ledge to belly bumping someone within a second

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's a belly bump Charizard is doing, right Kazooie56 Kazooie56 ? Maybe a good solution would be to have K. Rool do a belly bump for his ledge attack...that way, he has the move, but he keeps the more brutal attacks that fit him for his F-Tilt/F-Smash.
Good idea.
good idea but i dont know how you're going to make k.rool go from holding a ledge to belly bumping someone within a second
Have him do it while leaping forward to get back to the platform. Kinda like Captain Falcon's quick ledge attack except he performs different attack.
...ok, i can't explain it properly, but it will make sense if you'll see it. Slow ledge attack will need to be something else of course.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is something i must show to you if you feel like having Metal Face with no Shulk in Brawl/PM is wrong.
*You Will Know Our Names and death threats intensify*

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Any idea if the creator of this is making a project m version?
No, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Just because i haven't posted screenshots for a while:

Basically Shulk's FSmash except with longer range and can't be angled. I hate item animations except for animations used for battering animations. You need to actually think about how they will look like.
And turns out that what latest versions of BrawlBox show when viewing animations isn't same as what's actually happening. That explains everything.

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I posted here. Excellent work as always Bagan!

I'd like to bring up a suggestion for K.Rool's Back Throw: a belly-to-belly suplex (not the overhead variation though).
uUmMP.gif

Below is another variant of this, but I much prefer the first one.

64f2c942gw1eu5w6c2szqg208w050e81.gif

I feel this grab would be very fitting for the Kremling King, since it's a move that turns his weight into a weapon by crushing the opponent underneath him. Also, it's a wrestling move! How cool is it to have K.Rool pull off such a ''show-off'' grab?

Btw Bagan, are you still planning on making his thighs thicker? To make him closer to the source material?
182318-300px_kingkrool.jpg

So, I was thinking back over how K. Rool's Down Special could work, and it was said that he couldn't connect two metal pods with electricity, but he could trigger electricity from a single pod. Maybe pressing the Down Special once could make K. Rool drop a pod, and then a second press would make him use the remote to turn the floor electric for a small area around the pod for a short time (three seconds or so)? It could give K. Rool a small trap against the faster characters like Sheik and Fox, though depending on how strong it is, maybe it could damage him too
As long as the electric pods don't roll around like Toon Link's Bombs, and K. Rool's ''self-inflicted'' damage is his skeleton appearing in quick successions like in DKC 3, it's perfect!

latinking

Smash Apprentice
funny, somebody is doing a Porky PSA
You have a link to where I can follow that?
Sorry for the change of topic. I saw PigmaskColonel's Porky model, and I'm disappointed that it didn't turn out to be this one:
ssb4___porky_by_mbluebird2-d7hsp9k.png

http://mbluebird2.deviantart.com/art/SSB4-Porky-453155816

I feel a Doctor Octopus-inspired Porky would allow more freedom for creative and expressive animations instead of being confined on a bed and/or inside a glass capsule. It would also prevent him from being a super-large character. Can you imagine this Porky moving around creepily like a spider while unleashing Psychic attacks? Alternate costumes would simply be changing his age, and switching the spider legs to the organic ones from Mother 2.
Found a perfect candidate for his voice too:

Maybe after Bagan finishes all the mods he has planned.......
One can dream you know :,(

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Sorry for the change of topic. I saw PigmaskColonel's Porky model, and I'm disappointed that it didn't turn out to be this one:
View attachment 103895
http://mbluebird2.deviantart.com/art/SSB4-Porky-453155816

I feel a Doctor Octopus-inspired Porky would allow more freedom for creative and expressive animations instead of being confined on a bed and/or inside a glass capsule. It would also prevent him from being a super-large character. Can you imagine this Porky moving around creepily like a spider while unleashing Psychic attacks? Alternate costumes would simply be changing his age, and switching the spider legs to the organic ones from Mother 2.
Found a perfect candidate for his voice too:

Maybe after Bagan finishes all the mods he has planned.......
One can dream you know :,(

GOSH POOPING NO. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP PUTTING THEIR "IDEAS", "SUGGESTIONS", AND POORLY DISGUISED REQUESTS ON BAGAN'S THREAD. BAGAN DO WHAT BAGAN WANT. THE MORE PROJECTS HE PILES UP, THE MORE INCOMPLETE THEY ALL ARE.

̸͍̦͍L̶̩͚e̙̼̯̜̬͍͇a͏̦̫̖v̻̯̘̜͔̭e͡ p̣͖̜o̷o̱̟͉̯̩̼̺͘r͙̥͕ ̧̙̺s͕̲̯̪͡w̜e̫̺̣͇̞͙̖e̦͓t̺͉̥̠͚̼̝͘y͟ ̙̣B̀a̢̟g̶̫̘͍a̭̬͓̝̪̗ͅn̴̬̖̦̪̙ ҉͙̼͙͙̗ͅal̨̜͇òn̛̮͍̳͕͈͎e̞̺͈͉͟ ͍a̢͍̻̭̼͔̠n҉̬̳ḓ̨̩̺̤͓ ͙̝̞͙̠̬͟ͅle̥̤͎̕t̼́ ̷̦͎̼̤h̖͉͟i̫m̥͖̤̫̖͟ ̦̪̞̙͔ḏo̝͙͇̼͈ ̲w͚͍̼͓͈ͅh̪̭̜̬͜à͖͙t̤̠͔ ̳̺̬͓͝ͅḥ͚̯̙̠͚e̷̯̫ ͎̟͇͉̪̺̀d̴͍̜͕̳o̻͓̖̱̣̗͞.͚͇̺͇

Except for when Bagan want ideas and suggestions for characters he's ALREADY working on. That's different.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
No, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Just because i haven't posted screenshots for a while:

Basically Shulk's FSmash except with longer range and can't be angled. I hate item animations except for animations used for battering animations. You need to actually think about how they will look like.
And turns out that what latest versions of BrawlBox show when viewing animations isn't same as what's actually happening. That explains everything.
That Ridley though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Been a while since I posted here. Excellent work as always Bagan!

I'd like to bring up a suggestion for K.Rool's Back Throw: a belly-to-belly suplex (not the overhead variation though).
View attachment 103889
Below is another variant of this, but I much prefer the first one.

View attachment 103890

I feel this grab would be very fitting for the Kremling King, since it's a move that turns his weight into a weapon by crushing the opponent underneath him. Also, it's a wrestling move! How cool is it to have K.Rool pull off such a ''show-off'' grab?
That could work. K. Rool wasn't a wrestler yet, but it sounds like something he could do at some point.
Btw Bagan, are you still planning on making his thighs thicker? To make him closer to the source material?
View attachment 103891
Yes.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I think I might have a good new description for a K.Rool trophy;
Often regarded as DK's own Bowser, King K.Rool is the leader of the Kremling Krew; an army of crocodiles bent on taking over Donkey Kong Island. K.Rool is viciously determined in his quest to starve the Kongs into defeat by stealing his precious banana hoard, purely out of spite for the Kongs. He's proficient with a blunderbuss, too, and has many other tools to crush the Kongs.

He's had quite the respectable amount of personas, though; a cutthroat pirate named Kaptain K.Rool, a mad scientist named Baron K.Roolenstein, and he's even been a professional boxer named Krusha K.Rool. He's almost like an actor taking his role, come to think of it!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How do you think the wrestler moves would coexist with the blunderbuss-based throws mentioned in the OP? Maybe some throws would be physical and others would use the blunderbuss?

he can freeze, paralyze, bury and poison his opponent with his throws

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Does K. Rool have any really good combo airs? Like, do any of his airs work well in combos? One of my ideas was, for his BAir, he would wave his blunderbuss around while it spews flames, doing low knockback, but good hitstun.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
1.I didn't do the names because i cannot figure out how to download the official Project M Font
2. I suck at rendering for now so this is what we have as laceholder
3. Don't even get me started on stock icons

Top Bottom