• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baffled by Crazy Hand and Hex Code

LJG106

Smash Rookie
So I want to get into modding melee. I know simple stuff like making Luigi's daft's WKDS set to 0, so it actually sends you somewhere. What I don't understand, is a lot of the other stuff, like timers and hex code. Is there anyone that can actually help me understand what all this means so I can actually fix characters? Thanks!

dude30500

Smash Cadet
For timers, i assume you meaning synchronous and asynchronous timers:
  • ansynchronous timers start when the move starts. So an Asynchronous frame of 50 means anything after that won't be read unless the move's animation has advanced past 50 frames.
  • Synchronous timer pauses the flow of execution for X amount of frames. So If i see Asynchronous Frame of 20, then a Synchronous Frame of 5. That just means something will happen on frame 25.

For hex, that is way too vague of a question. Hex is just another way to represent binary.
- For each Subaction Event the first 2 digits indicate the event type. (ie. Synchronous Frames will always start with 04)

The best thing to do is trial and error, but I'll try to answer further if you elaborate.

Top Bottom