• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
Spite should only apply to the "edgehogged but I'm still stage spiking you and taking you with me" situation.
I second this!

As far as U-tilt goes: Hell's Maw
The charging animation for this attack makes me think of an alligator's jaws (maw). Except rather than a vicegrip upon impact, the hapless victim is blown to smithereens (hell).

Volcano Kick with a close second on my list.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Lmfao, PK just gave me a great idea for the name of u-smash...

Testicular Tower.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Too fast? We barely had any discussion. Just because three people like the old name doesn't mean that there's nothing to discuss. We've only been on Utilt for a day. Not to mention I still don't know why you're the one changing it. Unless I missed something...
@IC3R: This thread isn't big enough for two Hosts.
Be patient.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Utilt
Sorry, guys...
The thread was dead for a while and I went too far in reviving it :cry:
I oddly have no patience on the internet, but tons IRL...weird.

Hell's Maw sounds pretty cool...

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Sorry, guys...
The thread was dead for a while and I went too far in reviving it :cry:
I oddly have no patience on the internet, but tons IRL...weird.

Hell's Maw sounds pretty cool...
You're fine. I was just confused. But now we have a purpose, and can work together for the betterment of Ganon in Brawl!

Okay, it's not that dramatic.

:034:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Meteor Kick could be good too because of the way it explodes.

Or Awesome Xtreme Evil Kick

or A.X.E. Kick.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I second this!

As far as U-tilt goes: Hell's Maw
The charging animation for this attack makes me think of an alligator's jaws (maw). Except rather than a vicegrip upon impact, the hapless victim is blown to smithereens (hell).

Volcano Kick with a close second on my list.
Holy **** LordofDarkness !

Hell's Maw is awesome. I prefer Hell's Maw than Volcano Kick.

Utilt's Performance makes me think that I'm seeing the entrance of the Hell.

Good **** man !

Honestly, I applaud your Dark Ideas.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What do you guys think? - Should we name it based on the 'wind', or the 'explosion'?

These words works well with the 'Wind':
Wind
Storm
Gust
Tornado
Smoke

Remember "Song of Storms"?
Then, how about Kick of Storms?

These words works well with the 'Explosion':
Explosion
Volcano
Erruption
Explosive
Destroy(er)
Blast

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

About Hell's Maw and what you said about Aligators...
We can call it "Klap Trap" >_>

IC3R

Smash Lord
Klap Trap? I thought we wanted thie move names to be absurdly awesome?

Hell's Maw just sounds painful...

Maybe Hell's Heel for a clever alliteration?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
What do you guys think? - Should we name it based on the 'wind', or the 'explosion'?

These words works well with the 'Wind':
Wind
Storm
Gust
Tornado
Smoke

Remember "Song of Storms"?
Then, how about Kick of Storms?

These words works well with the 'Explosion':
Explosion
Volcano
Erruption
Explosive
Destroy(er)
Blast

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

About Hell's Maw and what you said about Aligators...
We can call it "Klap Trap" >_>
Ooh, I like Kick of Storms. Which fits, because we also have Thunderstorming. It gives Ganon a theme, somewhat. Also, it just fits.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Shoryuken is already used for Luigis UpB and it fits it besser.
Whut? That's too bad; it fits Ganon's up+B better, since he actually twirls 360', unlike Luigi.
Plus, they haven't stated it yet ;P

"Tiger Uppercut" is epic, but it doesn't fit Ganon. Like, a Tiger? Ganon?
Even 'Panther' would fit him better, but it isn't epic, and it is sort of gay, lulz.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Dammn Luigi Boards ;\ I guess we can't use the word Shoryuken alone here, so how about:

(Japanese)
Pa-puru Shoryuken - "Pa-puru" means Purple.

Fuzen Shoryuken - "Fuzen" means: partial, incomplete, imperfect.
It also means: evil, sin, vice, mischief.
^ This fits pretty darn well, 'cause his up+b is, indeed, incomplete,lol.

Kuro Shoryuken - "Kuro" means Dark.

How about 'Kuro Pa-puru'? :laugh: JK

bookman

Smash Rookie
hey i was wondering where and when to bring this up as its not so much the uppercut portion, or the grabbing portion. I really like the notion of using this move as a great recovery and so i think we should base something off of that. Anyways the name i was thinking for his recovery aspect is

The Return of The King

Now obviously there's some LOTR refernce here, but i think it fits "The King" in The King of Evil title of Ganondorf.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm afraid that's too corny, bookman.

I'm seeking a name that has 'Grasp' in it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- Sure, I'll add that.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:

Down+B

"Wizard's foot". What, seriously? Wizard? Really !!?

Come'on guys. We really gotta fix that ****...

Breezy

Smash Ace
But wizkick is already so indented in to my smash vocabulary that changing would be pointless. Well for me at least. It's kinda like if a really well known smasher started trying to go by another smash tag. It'd just feel weird trying to call Ally something like AmishJeb.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
NIGHTMARE ECLIPSE

People.

Oh, btw, that thing about leaving for a while? Those plans fell through. I'm not going anywhere.

You could even cal Down-B, in its general form (not specific to ground or air) Nightmare's Tail - an expression meaning 'fog cloud'.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Since Wizkick (for some unknown reason) is not enough of an intimidating name for Ganon's almighty darkness-engulfed foot...

Nightmare Ballista

First off, liking PK-ow's idea for "Nightmare" in the name, and "Ballista" because it's huge and causes a ton of damage...

...just like Ganondorf.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
But a ballista is a siege weapon, involving like a large javelin....

To me, it gives the image of a heavy thing... yet... because the ballista also used mechanics of tension and such, it seems at the same time to be soft.

btw, I think siege engines do fit Ganon - the sort that are battering rams! Someone discounted an earlier nomination of mine because 'Ganon doesn't have projectiles'... I should have spoken up that siege engines are not, even characteristically, about attacking from afar! :\

Wizkick aerial is a very 'hard'... meteor-like... impending crushing thing.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to get the word 'spear' in here. I switched spear to javelin on the first line.

Wizkick on the ground is something that, like neutral A, makes your opponent feel very dumb for getting hit by it - but it's no less dangerous to connect, especially when it lands in the designed-for scenario: dodge prediction.

Wizkick on the ground turns Ganon into a missile. A torpedo. Yes, the attack is stopped or even beaten by way too much crap, but you know sometimes it does negate an attack, and when it does - and you knew it would - you look sexy. Also you scare the **** out of people because then you do a DA ftw or Choke -> "The game is mine, now." :laugh:

:ganondorf:

IC3R

Smash Lord
I originally wanted to use a synonym for "battering ram"...

...but none exist.

Using a synonym for "ram (v.)" just makes the move sound lame.

Ganon is a siege weapon. :ohwell:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I once heard someone call it "Warlord Kick" (or was it "Warlock Kick"?)
I think it was Kalm, but I'm not sure.
However, I think it sounds good.

And what you guys are talking about:
Ballistas, spears and such - it's defenitly in the right direction.

One other thing that is really important... You know how well "Wizkick" goes together with the word 'spike' afterwards ("Wizkick Spike").
The new name (IF we're gonna change it) should, imo, be a word that we can connect to the word 'Spike'.

'Ballista Spike', sounds better than 'Nightmare Ballista Spike', for example.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The fact that Flight of Ganon is called FoG only makes it more imperative that we get a name for vapor clouds into this super kick.

Maybe we can try to keep the name Wizkick and find something other than wizard? Seems impossible.

What is it we like about Wizkick? Certainly the internal rhyme. We have C_Kick, where C means a consonant, and _ means any missing sound segment.

I think it's also essential that the _ be a fricative - a 'continuing' sound, in simple terms. That doesn't leave a lot of options, even less in English. :(

Let's look at the spear.
The spear is a very symbolic weapon. It is associated with tyrannous rule, military rule... quick, harsh decisiveness. It is the thrust of offense. (I've known many things to be associated with defense.)

Perhaps two names, of the form ____ Spear and _____Spear, for ground and aerial.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I think that the move's animation itself was made to look like Ganon is piercing trough his victims.
A pierce seige weapon's name would fit perfectly.
Spear, Ballista, Arrow, Trident, Javelin... That joust spear-like weapon... Even a Claymore sword would fit, since it was a very heavy sword used mostly for impaling corpses.

The purple clouds/fog/mist that comes with the attack gives some idea of poison or "evil being", like Ganon himself. Nightmare DO fits it... I cant think of anything else.

About the naming sound... I'm still not used to shout Wizkick when I score one, so it's up to you guys. :V

My sugestion: Nightmare Spear for the gounded one and Spear Fall for the aerial one.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I liked a lot the term Nightmare.

Nightmare Ballista seems to be suitable, but I'm not sure.

For the Wizkick Spike...
I don't have a specific name, but I call this "Encaçapada" which is a Portuguese term.
Caçapa (Substantive) = Holes of Snooker's Tables.
Encaçapar (Verb) = When you make a score during a Snooker match.

PK-ow!, Help me with this explanation, please. How to say "Encaçapar" (Making a score in Snooker) in English ?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Maybe "Wizkick" is good?
I mean, it sounds really great; even though 'Wizard' is a little missleading.

Where ever Ganon goes, the whole everything brecomes a Battlefield, a Battlezone... a WAR!
Bringing the word War in here might not be bad.

War Lunge?
War Dash? ... Not evil enough ;\

Maybe 'Murder Lunge' sounds better? (<- I've heard this one before.)

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Lunge seems to imply thrusting your upper body, which is not the case with DownB. If anything, Murder Lunge would be best for UpB or SideB. Same goes for thrust, at least in my mind, because thrust implies sharpness and speed. DownB is slow and ugly (not in the aesthetic way), and is more like some kind of battering ram.

Tacobowl

Smash Rookie
When Ganondorf uses his downB, whether in the air or on the ground, the result is this big mass heading towards the enemy. You also get this sense of unstoppable power.

Now, in medieval times, they had crossbows. You basically put a rod of wood into a track, created tension in a cord, then released it, shooting said bolt into your foe. They got this brilliant idea to make a crossbow as large as a hut. They called it a ballista. They would shoot trees the size of telephone poles at enemy ships and walls, piercing them.

A ballista is what Ganondorf's DownB reminds me of. Thus, I propose "Ballista" as DownB's new monicker.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I think that the move's animation itself was made to look like Ganon is piercing trough his victims.
A pierce seige weapon's name would fit perfectly.
Spear, Ballista, Arrow, Trident, Javelin... That joust spear-like weapon... Even a Claymore sword would fit, since it was a very heavy sword used mostly for impaling corpses.
Dread Lance?

Did I mention that already?

The purple clouds/fog/mist that comes with the attack gives some idea of poison or "evil being", like Ganon himself. Nightmare DO fits it... I cant think of anything else.

About the naming sound... I'm still not used to shout Wizkick when I score one, so it's up to you guys. :V

My sugestion: Nightmare Spear for the gounded one and Spear Fall for the aerial one.
World Destroyer

Consume in Mist

Galaxia Darkness :psycho:

Galaxy Crash

Nightmare Haze (haze means all of confuse, cloud, and injure)

The opposite of Galaxy Crash... a force that exists before worlds... the first force, and bringing everything to the origins, downward... grr...

If there is a word for encacapar in English, it'd be a term known only to snooker players.
And I only know what Snooker is by the chance that my grandfather played it. It's usually just called Pool. Or Billiards.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I think the most appropriate term for encaçapar is dunk or sink, which is the term snooker players use.

I think sink would fit better for either DThrow or Aerial Gerudo.

Well...

Big Bang Ballista...
*expecting flames*

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Well, I know snooker is some kind of billiards-type game, but that's all I know about it.
Quick suggestion time:

Dread Crasher ("Dread Lance" - "Lance" combined with "Galaxy Crash" - "Galaxy", it also sounds cool)

Then I get to steal Bahamut's suggestion:
Infinity Big Bang Storm(and make it more epic, but I don't like this because: **explained below**)

...but what's with the "galaxy" stuff. Ganondorf is awesome and all, but how did we get from stuff like "Wyvern's Tail" to stuff like "World Destroyer." Ganon doesn't destroy worlds ._. He pounds everyone and everything in his way into oblivion. As much as I would love to say something like "Zamboa Rush" everytime I hit with "x" attack, it would make no sense. A name for one of the King of Evil's moves should be sufficiently badass, but it should also make some kind of poetic/romantic sense. (I obviously don't mean a "love" kind of romance. Think romantic period authors.) What's an example...Alright, here: A "glaive" is actually a kind of polearm, but it's used poetically as a synonym for "sword." I don't feel like taking the time to think of how I should word this, so that example is ftw.

Top Bottom