• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Still Megaton Rush for me.
"Megaton" sounds like one single heavy hit.
"Rush" takes all that away, since a Rush can also be a cluster of blows, or a Forward Going Combo, like Marth's Ken Combo.

'Rush' takes away a portion of that brutality that 'Megaton' gives.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Megaton is spot on PK, nice! I'm still pulling for the use of the word "collide" so why not...

Megaton Collider

:) :ganondorf:

this

10wins
quoted for truth.

megaton tackle/rush are pretty good, but if you dislike the rush part (which DOES work both ways. Ganondorf can rush the opponent with multiple, fast attacks, or he can rush down on the opponent with a single, strong attack), then I think "collider" is a pretty good alternative.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Still Megaton Rush for me.

Dunno...give me some ideas to translate something into German and I will do it, maybe not for DA but some other moves
That's good. I'll try to find some names to be translated into German.

Well, We have 2 votes for Megaton Rush.

I think we should vote and post which name you want to be chosen.

I dunno.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Megaton is a City in Fallout 3 :) Random fact of the day since the first thing that comes to mind is Fallout.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
"Megaton" sounds like one single heavy hit.
"Rush" takes all that away, since a Rush can also be a cluster of blows, or a Forward Going Combo, like Marth's Ken Combo.

'Rush' takes away a portion of that brutality that 'Megaton' gives.
From Webster.com

Rush (verb)

1 : to push or impel on or forward with speed, impetuosity, or violence
2 : to perform in a short time or at high speed
3 : to urge to an unnatural or extreme speed <don't rush me>
4 : to run toward or against in attack : charge
5 a : to carry (a ball) forward in a running play b : to move in quickly on (a kicker or passer) to hinder, prevent, or block a kick or pass —used especially of defensive linemen
6 a : to lavish attention on : court b : to try to secure a pledge of membership (as in a fraternity) from

You need to play less RPGs, mah boi. Look at all those adjectives! "violence, extreme, unnatural"

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You need to play less RPGs, mah boi.
Actually, I blame RTSs =p

10Zerglings

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

IC3R: I already said I liked M/T Tackle.
Though after seeing PhantomX's last post I kinda like M/T Rush, too.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Megaton Sledge.

Rush is in 'bull rush', but bull rushes are what mortals do. So they get the force of a bull. pfeh. Ganon rallies the force of mountains, landscapes, continents. Crush that ****.

IC3R, I'm definitely inspired by the suggestion of 'shadow / blade' something being used for Up-B uppercut. Perhaps something to do with the TP lore of Shadow and Light making darkness at their intersection.... it gives the impression of a kind of cutting force, as some physical law...

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
I still feel Collider brings the most to the table for this particular attack. When I think of the word collide, I envision an 18 wheeler crushing a smaller, unfortunate car in a head-on collision.

This isn't Ganon kicking, jabbing, or even elbowing his opponent, this is him throwing his fully plated body weight at his victim with the force of one megaton (which is one million tons, iirc). This event, just like an 18 wheeler slamming into a Volkswagon Beetle, can only be described as a collision of epic proportions.

Hence the name: Megaton Collider

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
From Webster.com

Rush (verb)

1 : to push or impel on or forward with speed, impetuosity, or violence
2 : to perform in a short time or at high speed
3 : to urge to an unnatural or extreme speed <don't rush me>
4 : to run toward or against in attack : charge
5 a : to carry (a ball) forward in a running play b : to move in quickly on (a kicker or passer) to hinder, prevent, or block a kick or pass —used especially of defensive linemen
6 a : to lavish attention on : court b : to try to secure a pledge of membership (as in a fraternity) from

You need to play less RPGs, mah boi. Look at all those adjectives! "violence, extreme, unnatural"
That's it !

Good **** man !

IC3R

Smash Lord
So far, it looks like Megaton Rush is going to get the nomination.

But seeing PK-ow!'s logic......OMG.
"Megaton Sledge" would have a bit of nostalgia, considering the Megaton Hammer item from Ocarina of Time. Sledge hammers crush rocks like nothing, and those mofo's can crush mountains if only they were big enough.

Ganon is big enough though (not to mention, absurdly powerful!) :flame:
"Megaton Sledge" for me.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
pk-ow!, you have a lot of great ideas, but it looks like everyone agrees that "sledge" doesn't fit. "Sledge" means to transport by sleigh...soo...'nuff said, I think. However, that got me thinking, and I checked a thesaurus for "slug." Sledge sounds sort of like slug...right...? XD But if we go with Megaton, then here's what I found:

Megaton HAMMER (yes, it's in there)
Megaton Slam (moar "sl" prefix)
Megaton Slug (might as well throw it out there)
Megaton Ram (just because "ram" fits the move well)

I think that we're coming pretty close to deciding on a name, so I doubt these will give anyone any ideas.
"Hammer," is being used as a verb, of course.
I also have to say that "Megaton Collider" still sounds good.

Superspright

Smash Lord
How about Implacable Blast?

Implacable essentially means merciless--unmoved by anything. Ganon embodies like that. His goal is to annihilate you. There is no mercy--there is no undertone of goodness--there is no ambivalence about anything he does. He will crush you.

IC3R

Smash Lord
So why "blast"? There is no evidence of explosives or projectiles in Ganon's Dash Attack. He's fricking bludgeoning you with his mighty shoulder...

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
How about Implacable Blast?

Implacable essentially means merciless--unmoved by anything. Ganon embodies like that. His goal is to annihilate you. There is no mercy--there is no undertone of goodness--there is no ambivalence about anything he does. He will crush you.
"Implacable Blast" isn't suitable. Especially the term "Blast" cause Ganondorf absolutely don't have Projectiles, he can't use his Dark Magic as a Projectile and Dash Attack doesn't inflict any kind of explosion.

So why "blast"? There is no evidence of explosives or projectiles in Ganon's Dash Attack. He's fricking bludgeoning you with his mighty shoulder...
Agreed.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'll agree to calling it Collider on the condition that I get to exclaim its name the way BlazBlue's Iron Tager says "Atomic Collider!" in the Japanese audio. :)

I've been inspired for Usmash by PX and Espy's doubles matches. Beating the **** out of the yellow rodent over and over with Usmash makes clear the most terrified a player can be of that thing. It's ... a leg of destruction. 'Fear my foreleg' and all that. An iron-solid mast against which things shrivel and fragmentize.

*~*~*~
If I were to say 'implacable', I'd say 'merciless' first. :ohwell:

I see more mercilessness in Usmash than DA. Stale moves work out to make it seem like each character is going easy on his opponent. :urg:

EDIT: ... ehh.

Crush /krʌʃ/

–verb (used with object)
1. to press or squeeze with a force that destroys or deforms.
2. to squeeze or pound into small fragments or particles, as ore, stone, etc.
3. to force out by pressing or squeezing; extract: to crush cottonseeds in order to produce oil.
4. to rumple; wrinkle; crease.
5. to smooth or flatten by pressure: to crush leather.
6. to hug or embrace forcibly or strongly: He crushed her in his arms.
7. to destroy, subdue, or suppress utterly: to crush a revolt.
8. to overwhelm with confusion, chagrin, or humiliation, as by argumentation or a slighting action or remark; squelch.
9. to oppress grievously.
10. Archaic. to finish drinking (wine, ale, etc.).

–verb (used without object)
11. to become crushed.
12. to advance with crushing; press or crowd forcibly.

–noun
13. the act of crushing; state of being crushed.
14. a great crowd: a crush of shoppers.
15. Informal.
a. an intense but usually short-lived infatuation.
b. the object of such an infatuation: Who is your latest crush?

See definitions 13-14. 'Crush' is even the proper collective term for some animals, though I forget which. Some annelid.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I figured out what I don't like about 'Collider'.

If we stipulate that Dash Attack is going to be about collisions, then my mind goes to the case of collisions of heavenly bodies - the only things in reality at the same scale as Ganondorf's "impacts." (Balls the size of Jupiter, remember.)

But the only term for that sort of thing is "Interstellar Impact." It's not very effable.

Rather, I thought of a very different direction for it, and also think that 'Megaton' could find a home with dthrow, which I'll go into now. Dirt Nap is too placid. If it's a nap, it should be a daze or coma. But Dirt Coma is cumbersome. I tried looking for something like "Dirt Dine" or "Dirt Feast", so you could talk of eating dirt, and have something with "biting dust", but I don't think the word exists to make that sound frightening.

And in any case, we lost the uniqueness of the strength and leverage this dthrow, the front shoulder throw, gets with that name. Megaton Collider just....

well, doesn't your mind stick to it for dthrow?

EDIT2: It would definitely be a reference to our friend Iron Tager at that point. ^_^

So, back to Dash Attack; welp, Boulderdash is scrapped (I don't really want to make light of the attack either), but, I want to go for something simple. The idea of ... assaulting, just pillaging someone like taking a bludgeon to all their stuff and wrecking it.

Then I remembered the word marauder. If you look up marauder you'll see "Ganondorf" and a shot of him on horseback from OoT. Badass.
EDIT: That is to say, a marauder is something Ganondorf is. It's one of his names.

As for how to get a name out of that... I like just "Marauder." As a bonus, it's very similar to 'murder'. And for once it won't be 'murder foo', but murder itself.
Murder. We can do that.

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
Finally I get my keyboard working again, lol...not worth the effort to post anything when you have to copy + paste 10 different letters.

Alright, we have marauder...what can we do with that?

Smash maraud (I've been trying to avoid using "smash," but pk even suggested "crush," [which does fit the move pretty well, it's just ineloquent by itself] so I'm going with smash)

...and that's all I can think of right now XD

IC3R

Smash Lord
What happened with this thread ?
We never really decided on anything, unless you want to count the few votes thrown out already...

...which would mean "Megaton Rush," right?

Update the OP and let's move on. We can come back to the Dash Attack later.

Utilt. Discuss.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I'm a bit confused as to why Z1GMA isn't the one changing it...and where he's been for the past week or so.

Volcano Kick is A-OK. I feel the need to reference Mount Doom here, but I can't think of a name that flows.

:034:

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
"Where is teh z1gmas?..." that's a good question. and of course the op hasn't been edited. I smell that this discussion on utilt is about to get a faceful of WARLOCK PUNCH. (sorta like phanty's WIZKICK SPIKE, just without the whole "ima lock your thread lololol" part...)

needless to say, volcano kick is still a good name

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Okay, Volcano Kick it is.

Next: USmash.

EDIT:: See how fast this goes? :p
Too fast? We barely had any discussion. Just because three people like the old name doesn't mean that there's nothing to discuss. We've only been on Utilt for a day. Not to mention I still don't know why you're the one changing it. Unless I missed something...

Utilt:
Doom's Wrath

Gate of Hell (fire, explosions, and also it'll kill you fairly easily if you get hit; only problem is that it can't be used as an action)

I also feel the need to reference Vesuvius...hmm...

:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What happened with this thread ?
Nothing.
I just got a lot of work ATM is all.

@IC3R: This thread isn't big enough for two Hosts.
Be patient.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next move:
Utilt

What's the name for a Knight's Shoe(s)?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Umm... since I'm going to be gone for a while, I figured I should post my 'chart' I've got going for this.

Consider it all my proposals, formatted, in advance.

I would however like to advocate for one particular move in there.

Down Special.

Ahh yeah.

This name is either going to work or it's not. Does it feel as final as I think it does? Your first reaction is the only one worth consulting.

First, the aerial version, being way more badass, and lethal. Remember, we're talking about a downward-traveling spike attack, third strongest in the game, that uses purple fiyah:

NIGHTMARE ECLIPSE

. . . where shadow meets light. . .

For the grounded version, I vacillated so much on the options, but basically, for me it's this:

Nightmare Cinder

With that out of the way, let me just put up the rest. I've been looking for some pun on the 'heavenliness' of Ganon's balls versus the forced 'ascension' his Usmash causes, but I got nothing. "Tower of Ganon" is pretty weak, IMO. The attack never K.O.s people; it's just a strong attack you can use with the least lag. Destructo-Calf is as good as any. o_o

Neutral A: Cuff / Facepalm (Ray_Kalm should enjoy a word to replace 'jab')
Dtilt: Shin Breaker
Ftilt: Corpse Cave Kick / Trunk Trash Kick
Utilt: Volcano Kick
Down B, "WizKick" grounded: Nightmare Cinder / Nightmare Ash
Down B, "WizKick" aerial: Nightmare Eclipse
Up B, "Dark Dive" grab: Resurgent Wraith / 400 babies
Up B, "Dark Dive" uppercut: Spite / Shard
Dsmash: Scythe Hook / Scythe Heel / Reaper's Toll
Fsmash: Hell Bow / Soulfire Impaler
Usmash: ? / Divine Mast / Sublime Shaft / Pillar of the Everlasting / Tower of Ganon
Dash attack: Marauder
Uair: Vulture Kick
Nair: Double-Cross
Bair: Thunderclap / Banon-Hammer [: Fist of Injustice]

Fthrow: Bushwhack / Belt Buckle / Junk Punk [: Fist of Injustice]
Dthrow: Megaton Tumult Turmoil
Bthrow: Backlash / Grim Turn
Uthrow: Severance [: Fist of Injustice]

Fair: Skull Crush Punch / Murderin' Gale (Like nightingale, the bird? Yeah.)
Dair: Murder Stomp / Tombstone
Neutral B, "Warlock Punch": Murder Punch [: Fist of Injustice]
Side B, "Flame Choke" grounded: Murder Choke / Gerudo / Kirby ****
Side B, "Flame Choke" aerial: Aerudo / Wyvern / Wind Throttle ('allow me a moment to catch your breath...')

Enjoy. :p

Top Bottom