• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad MAtchups?

Boiko

:drshrug:
Marth, Sheik, Samus, Tink, Snake are all pretty hard.

He can't deal with camping, tbh. It's probably his biggest weakness.

Dragrin

Smash Rookie
I agree with boiko and I would also like to add mario, peach and probably wario and game&watch

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Honestly I think it's safe to say that Ness has one of the worst MU spreads across the PM cast. He struggles with disjoint, speed, and especially camping. Ness is not a character with safe approaches due to them being highly telegraphed and often crouch-cancelable, so to compete against characters who beat him, you have to have a strong bait and punish game, primarily through use of PK Fire. Additionally, optimizing Ness' DJC and good wavedash are essential to having good movement, which will give you more openings for which to light up your opponents. Some of the characters who beat us really hard in neutral such as Marth and Sheik are a great combo weight for us, so if you can find your way in and land a grab, you can often carry them to death.

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I personally hate the Falcon and ROB matchup for Ness. But what I have noticed is any character that can keep ness from DJCing and a character that can eat up his PK-Thunder, destroy ness.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Falcons an even match up imo. Ness should be able to do any combo he wants on falcon and visa versa. Falcon is fast, but he can get gimped much harder than we can. You just really have to be on point with your punishes and instant djc up airs to continue combos. As for rob, it's pretty hard, but doable. Magnet is pretty good in this match up I've found, and Ness can go deep to gimp robs recovery if he is low. But rob can go deep on Ness as well and he has more range and good follow ups off of d tbrow. I'd say it's 45 55 rob.

Top Bottom