• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backroom Survey On "Recommended Ruleset" - CLOSED

What are your opinions on the Recommended Ruleset? (read thread before voting)

• I support the ban on Duck Hunt.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I oppose the ban on Duck Hunt.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I neither support nor oppose the ban on Duck Hunt.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I support the ban on Lylat Cruise.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I oppose the ban on Lylat Cruise.

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • I neither support nor oppose the ban on Lylat Cruise.

• I support connecting Dreamland 64 and Battlefield as one stage while striking.

• I oppose connecting Dreamland 64 and Battlefield as one stage while striking.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I neither support nor oppose connecting Dreamland 64 and Battlefield as one stage while striking.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I support mii legality AND support their requirement of only default special moves.

• I support mii legality, BUT oppose their requirement for only the default special moves.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I support mii legality, BUT oppose their requirement for default sizes/weights.

• I oppose mii legality of any kind.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I neither support nor oppose mii legality in general.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I support legalization of all specified controllers.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • I oppose legalization of some specified controllers.

• I neither support nor oppose the legalization rules on controllers.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I support the removal of Dave's Stupid Rule.

• I oppose the removal of Dave's Stupid Rule.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I neither support nor oppose the removal of Dave's Stupid Rule.

• I support the addition of the 30 second timer on coaching.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I oppose the addition of the 30 second timer on coaching.

• I neither support nor oppose the addition of the 30 second timer on coaching.

• I support the ban on custom moves.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I oppose the ban on custom moves.

• I neither support nor oppose the ban on custom moves.

• I support connecting Final Destination and Omega Forms as one stage while striking.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I oppose connecting Final Destination and Omega Forms as one stage while striking.

• I neither support nor oppose connecting Final Destination and Omega Forms as one stage.

• I support the number of bans by the winner during counterpicking being 1.

• I oppose the number of bans by the winner during counterpicking being 1.

• I neither support nor oppose the number of bans by the winner during counterpicking being 1.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I support Self-Destruct game wins being decided by the results screen.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • I oppose Self-Destruct game wins being decided by the results screen.

• I neither support nor oppose Self-Destruct game wins being decided by the results screen.

• I support mandatory team colour - alt colour coordination in team battles.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I oppose mandatory team colour - alt colour coordination in team battles.

• I neither support nor oppose mandatory team colour - alt colour coordination in team battles.

• I support Singles being played in 2 stocks 6 minutes.

• I oppose Singles being played in 2 stocks 6 minutes.

• I neither support nor oppose Singles being played in 2 stocks 6 minutes.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I support the ban of Gentleman's Rule.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I oppose the ban of Gentleman's Rule.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I neither support nor oppose the ban of Gentleman's Rule.

• Erico, you missed something important that I think you should include in this list. (post in thread)

• I support the 30 second time limit on counterpicking.

• I oppose the 30 second time limit on counterpicking.

• I neither support nor oppose the 30 second time limit on counterpicking.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
-Survey takes a really short time to complete fully

BEFORE VOTING

• Vote on every section of the survey, and vote honestly. If you do not wish to choose between two options (or several options in the case of mii legality), pick the option which does not approve nor oppose the rule.
  • The results of this survey are intended to be publicized anonymously - so without listing anybody's names or specific votes. If you do not want to contribute to the survey but still want your opinion to be heard to us, feel free to post it below and it will not be counted.
----

This survey is not mandatory, but I highly suggest taking it.

The goal of this survey is to voice the backroom's opinion on the ruleset for people who would be interested.

The results of this survey may be decided to remain un-publicized if there are not enough votes on it to make it accurate. I'm not sure how many votes that would be, so I would like help figuring that out as well if you don't mind! Otherwise, they will be publicized, even if I do not personally like the results.

Please vote. The more people that vote, the more that this will matter to people.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Some of the rules were hard to vote for cause they could be fine if changes were made, I'll list some examples.

I support DSR being removed simply cause there's only 3 stages (5, but 1 ban being 2 stages), but if there's a change in one or two more stages added again I wouldn't support it being removed. If DSR was in effect with this puddle of a stage list there of course wouldn't be enough stages for a best of 5 set since they're most likely to ban BF/DL.

Bans the winner gets I don't approve or oppose cause again 3 stages with the 1 ban. Winner gets an even better advantage than the usual Counterpicking system has always been cause they get 2 stage bans from their singular ban.

Since I'm leaning more on oppose I voted for that, DL of course has differences and obvious changes to its blastzone from melee to Smash 4.
Plus the whole stage being tilted very slightly for characters like pika to always QAC and jab resets can't be done in specific directions cause of the slant makes it different enough.
Otherwise FD/Omegas being one stage is of course fine even if they have walls or different lips, though the 0 usage of 2D to avoid tricky characters (like cloud) going into the x-axis that helps them avoid hits I don't like. Omega DH and Flatzone for this example.

I was gonna bring up the SD clause as something you forgot for the SD rule cause for characters like Ganon kirby D3 wario and so on it makes sense to start a 3 minute 1 stock match but for bowser it's weird cause his side-b got changed in a patch to be different depending on stages.
https://smashboards.com/threads/bowser-and-the-suicide-clause.392566/

Hasn't been updated in almost 2 years so it of course doesn't have the DLC stages, but for ones that're legal like Omega Wily this would be a rule bowser mains/counterpicks would need to know about with the Side-b issue, and with the rise of Bowser secondaries I think it'd be something to bring up at least to find out for DL stage and omega Midgar/Suzaku.

Yikarur

Smash Master
The answers could've been better formatted. Was really a pain to read through.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Voted! I also think the 30 second rule on counterpicking should be discussed. :)

I was surprised by some of these trends, will be very interesting to see how it all turns out.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Voted! I also think the 30 second rule on counterpicking should be discussed. :)

I was surprised by some of these trends, will be very interesting to see how it all turns out.
I'm surprised too, and thanks for the input. I will add it in. I don't think I'll need this - but for my own reference, the survey has 14 votes at the time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I changed my vote on suicide clause and added in a vote on the 30 sec cp rule in case I accidentally messed up your numbers.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I changed my vote on suicide clause and added in a vote on the 30 sec cp rule in case I accidentally messed up your numbers.
Thanks, but it will be fine. It shows up as 7.2% people voted for the 30 second option you voted for, as it is assuming everyone else didn't, vote for it... but we'll not look at the percent for those just the total # of votes so it will be fine. Right now it has 1 vote for what you voted for and 0 for the other two, so even though it says 7.2% we know it's 100% so far

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
If DH is banned, could there be an option of selecting another counterpick instead?

Top Bottom