• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backflipping

tskodje

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or can ike not execute a backflip in this game. In smash 4 he wasn’t a character that couldn’t backflip, like Gannondorf, but in this game they seem to have taken it away from him. Could anybody prove/disprove me or give an explanation as to why he cannot?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ike can't backflip in Ultimate. The animation simply does not exist.

No one knows why they took it out, and it annoys many Ike players.

Last edited:

tskodje

Smash Rookie
It shifts your hurtbox further backwards when jumping back, and it also allows for easier backwards movement from a standing position.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I can only assume they wanted to change his overall stance to be more sturdy and less... twisty? I recall they originally animated him to make his combat stance look wild and unwieldy, which I guess translated into giving him really bad posture. Now that he stands and runs upright to fight with more control in his swordsmanship I could see the designers thinking a backflip was no longer really appropriate.

Top Bottom