• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Body Drop (Alolan Whip Early Press)

HolyAarom

Smash Rookie
NNID
HolyAarom
Switch FC
SW-2157-3237-4418
Anyone think it has situational potential with star KOs? It's tricky to catch people with it in the air, but I feel like it can be a reverse cheese kill if someone tries to ladder you to your death.

It's a little crude because it was during a FFA online, but here's a decent use of it as a star KO tool:

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I imagine against higher level players it might not work as well but I find that if you follow it up with Cross Chop it can kill and be pretty dangerous.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Excellent for people who land on top platform I'm battlefield stages when you're chasing when they are above you. You can cover all tech options on platforms with it.

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I asked this in another thread about combos too, but does anyone know how the video move fares now with later patches since it was made? Can one still pull it off is what I mean, trying to better my game

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
It can be tough to do but reads or mind games can make it happen. I've done it before, many times but generally very good players know to be careful. Any stage with low ceilings in general, especially lighter characters, want to avoid getting back pressed anyway as off the top won't be hard. You can cheese kos on many characters with a mid air press.

But yeah. Not easy to do and can get you blown up if you try to catch people in the air with it too often. Great for air dodge predictions or you've conditioned them to air dodge your air pressure just to do this and snatch them XD

Top Bottom