• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Bowser is the Nintendo Move

Syprone

Smash Cadet
Honestly, this just occurred to me while doing homework. What if Nintendo gave Yoshi another rep? And that rep was baby Bowser. That would be insane and the Nintendo move to do. Down special would be ground pound, final smash is obvious, and I feel like Nintendo would be able to do a lot with this character. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Too many dumbasses would be like "DUH WE ALREADY HAVE BOWSER JR".
I don't think it would be very interesting, at the end of the day, yes, visually speaking, the character would be close to Bowser Jr.

As a Yoshi's rep, I would prefer Kamek since he would be much more unique and because he's kinda the real villain of Yoshi's Island. And he could have Giant Baby Bowser as his final smash.

But I don't think we'll ever get a second Yoshi rep. Which is sad.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Kamek, Shyguy and the stork are all highly recognisable Yoshi characters who would feel a lot more unique than Baby Bowser, even if it would be nice to get a Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr moveset, rather than the current Clown Car the Character.

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I agree, yoshi will probably never get another rep. But it would be nice to have one. The reason I suggested baby Bowser is because he’s the only one that could have a potential move set that has stayed exclusive to yoshi games (other than m&l partners in time).

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
The overall problem for "Yoshi series" is, while it may provide creative stage idea and style, technically it is not really a completely independent story and series but more a prequel / side story of the Mario main series, unlike how DonkeyKong and Warioware series deal with their story and games. Either other more babies or Kamek is still part of the current Mario secondary cast in the spinoffs, not like they gain some exclusiveness or fame from the Yoshi games.

Overall I think Baby Mario is a possible candidate for future Smash games if Nintendo decides to replace Dr. Mario with another Mario alterego.

Last edited:

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Overall I think Baby Mario is a possible candidate for future Smash games if Nintendo decides to replace Dr. Mario with another Mario alterego.
While Smash Bros already allows for a wide range of characters to get butt whoopings, like the thirteen year old Ness, the baby Pokemon Pichu, and more, I think the actual line would be drawn at other characters giving a human baby a butt kicking.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Too many dumbasses would be like "DUH WE ALREADY HAVE BOWSER JR".
There is already a lot of ********* that think Bowser Jr. is Baby Bowser and think we already have matching villains to the original 8. Yoshi is the only one out of the original 8 that doesn't have his villain yet in Smash and Kamek like you said would be a lot more unique than Baby Bowser. Kamek really isn't out of the realm of possibility because of Piranha Plant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom