• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B Throw also could've done it...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To each to go for the extremely styleful Cargo D Throw offstage kills; B Throw most likely also could've done it.

I literally think this all the time when people try do this on lightweight characters past 130% or so. Pummel twice and B Throw is more than enough to finish them off as well.

Cargo D Throw offstage is sexy, stylful, tasteful, and both the gentleman's and OG gangster's style of way of finishing opponents, but DK can't always reliably make it back. So use more B Throws, cause it's also a savage ass move.

Okay that was it.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
It depends on which way you're facing when you get the grab. If your back is to the ledge and they are in front of you when you get the grab, bthrow is always better at that percent. If their back is to the ledge when you grab them, cargo.

And also fthrow is better for offstage cargo throw kills than dthrow. It has more base horizontal and vertical kb, so it kills at earlier percents. I consistently cargo throw kill people at as low as 85% if they dont mash.

Jebus244

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NOHANDLEB4RZ
Back throw won't always do it. Pretty much every sword character and characters that have their type of recovery can be reliably killed at 75% with a cargo down-throw off stage. I encourage you to test it, it's pretty hard to mash out. If you get a grab at the edge, the immediate cargo to down-throw will work on most characters with a single jump and a Marth type special recovery.

And also fthrow is better for offstage cargo throw kills than dthrow. It has more base horizontal and vertical kb, so it kills at earlier percents. I consistently cargo throw kill people at as low as 85% if they dont mash.
This is also not true. I encourage you to test it. DK can go so much lower offstage if he down-throws because the down-throw pops him up a little bit, which allows him to recover. I would only forward-throw characters with broken recoveries because I can still try to edge guard.

I think it's kind of broken actually. I've killed people at like 35% because they weren't trying hard enough to mash out. Of course this is risky, because if they break out, you're dead whether they footstool you or not.

Top Bottom