• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.e.a.s.t 3

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
NEW DATES - 3rd April - 7th April
Also a new Interrested list, you will have to post again to get on it!

B.E.A.S.T IS BACK.
For the third time, we are here to give you guys an awesome smash tournament with all that includes. We will do everything we can to make it at least as good as the last two tournaments, all we need is for you to attend, what kind of tournament would it be without you?!
We can promise you:
- 5 whole days of Smashing fun, with a Singles and Teams Melee tournament.
- A great stream with good quality and awesome commentators.
- Great view of the finals from the big projector screen.
- Project M and SSB side tournaments
- Lots and lots of hype.
- MARIO PARTY.
- Backrubs.

When?
Wednesday the 2nd - Sunday the 6th January 2013

Where?
Gothenburg, Sweden.

The Venue:
Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA

(Google maps)

Traveling by plane?
If your looking to go by Ryanair, you want to check for Gothenburg City Airport. From there, you take the airport buss to the Central station.

Local Transportation:
When you get to the Central station (Centralstationen), you take tram number 11 towards Saltholmen to Käringberget. The easiest way to buy tickets is to get to Tidpunkten, in the middle of Drottningtorget (Centralstationen), and buy your ticket there!
To plan your travel, use This site
(A small map on the surroundings will also come up here soon)

Entry Fee:

Entrance: 50 SEK
Melee Singles: 100 SEK
Melee Teams: 100 SEK
Project M Singles: 50 SEK

Prizes:

Singles
1: 50%
2: 30%
3: 15%
4: 5%
5: Money back.

Teams
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: Money back.

Events:
Main events will be the Melee Singles and Teams tournaments. If we have time, there will for sure be some crew battles and/or low tier tournament. If we have time.

Schedule:

Wednesday:
12:00 Venue Opens
Remember to register at the stage when you enter the venue!

Thursday:
12:00 Project M Singles

Friday:
12:00 Teams Pools
-> Teams Brackets
-> Singles Pools R1

Saturday:
12:00 Singles Pools R2
-> Singles Bracket

Sunday:
15:00 TV's shut down
20:00 Venue closes

Rules:
4 Stocks.
8 minute time limit.
Items off.
Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Semifinals.
Bo7 Sets in Semifinals + finals.
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Bring your own controller.
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed.

We know that we need a rule for the pools standings, and we are currently asking around to see how we will settle this matter. Rest assured that we will have cleared that up before the tournament.

The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None

General Rules:
I have already mentioned that I will be quite strict indeed with the times. I can't stand people not showing up on time or being generally confused. People should know the things they need to know, and if they don't, they shall ask me, or someone else in the crew.
Other then that, I want everyone to behave mature and I will let you know that I can throw anyone out for any reasons if I feel like it.
Since this is a public building, I will see no alcohol or drugs taken into it. This is strictly forbidden and will have major consequences, including the owner of the alcohol/drugs getting thrown out and banned from the tournament. You also can't smoke inside the building, but I count on people having enough common knowledge not to do that.
I'm going to add a rule here from last time, and I will make myself very, very clear.
Again, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to bring alcohol or drugs into the building. Also, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to be under the effects of drugs or alcohol, meaning you may not be drunk or high inside the school.

Sleeping:
Sleeping during the tournament will be at the venue! There are no beds, but there's plenty of floor space and some couches. I recommend you to bring an air matress and a sleeping bag.

Showers:
We have showers! Yes, separate for girls and guys, do not worry.

Random information:
If you need housing, post in the housing thread to come up. We will fix it for ya.
http://smashboards.com/threads/b-e-a-s-t-iii-housing-thread.334745/
^This thread right here.

Nuts are banned due to it being a public building.

For those who didn't know; we have SEK here in Sweden, not euro. 1 Euro is about 10 SEK.

A local store and a Pizza is located about 5 minutes from the venue, easy as hell to find.

There will be a stream with commentators, more info coming soon.

Contact persons:
Lolex (Alexander Gabrielsson)
Email: AlexanderGabrielsson@hotmail.com
Phone: +46704 379669

Aniolas (Alexander Lindgren)
Email: Nintendo1987@hotmail.com
Phone: +46735 347274

Interrested list:
1. Lolex (TO)
2. Armada (TO)
3. Aniolas (TO)
4. Gamba
5. Anami
6. Zoler
7. Isa
8. Jerk
9. Volvagia
10. Beat
11. MikeHaggarKJ
12. Calle W
13. Rkey
14. VJ
15. Android
16. leffen
17. Wiidl (NO)
18. Baxon (FR)
19. Tomber (DK)
20. Nedved (FR)
21. ShrieK1295 (?)
22. stelzig (DK)
23. TLZK (DE)
24. M1G1 (DE)
25. greenLink (DE)
26. Yomi-no-Kuni (DE)
27. Fuzzyness (GB)
28. DarkUsleon (CL)
29. Tero. (DE)
30. Doraki (FR)
31. Zero-G (DE)
32. Paju (FI)
33. _Novi (FI)
34. Mang0 (US)
35. poega
36. Jim Morrison (NL)
37. Random-Ness
38. Diselo
39. PB&J (US)
40. Sixx (DE)
41. Adum Reb
42. Strong Bad (US)
43. Tekk (FR)
44. saska (FI)
45. NamiNami (FI)
46. NorwegianLink (NO)
47. ProsmasherTim (DE)
48. Jon_a$s (DE)
49. Däumling (DE)
50. Ice (DE)
51. Timid (AT)
52. Kiw1 (AT)
53. Airrider
54. Malus
55. Coen (NL)
56. ZetTroxX (DE)
57. bËst^ (FI)
58. SgtFive (AU)
59. Blayd (DE)
60. Popopidopop
61. BSeeD (FR)
62. Acherontic (NO)
63. The B0se (NO)
64. porc (FR)
65. jjlinyard (GB)
66. King-Funk (DK)
67. Joanna Dark (FR)
68. Qlex (?)

*Tournament Organizer
**Assistant Tournament Organizer
(People without a "country tag" are from Sweden.)

Love,
Lolex <3

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah this was the only dates we could take though.
AND I think it can be a good idea that the people that wanna go to both tournaments should fly from Gothenbuth to the US.

That way it is cheaper then flying home after Beast and then go to America.
Well this tournament will be really good (better then the two last ones) so everyone need to come =)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think anyone who goes to this, then Apex immediately afterwards, should get a medal.

"Certified Badass Traveler of Smash"

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Thats gonna be one huge smash-momentum if Apex can be counted as After-party 8). Well, most likely I ain't going to America, I'm really interested about BEAST. Last time was too good. Much depends on are other finns coming or how many people overally choose to go Apex instead of this event. And also: I need to confirm can I get a team mate.

But yeah, Interested :)

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I usually have exams during January, so I'm not really sure I'll be able to make it. We'll see.

Luma

Smash Lord

dafuq?

Make sure you find the Teams thread for B.E.A.S.T too, and sign up there when you have found your teammate! This makes us able to seed and prepare beforehand and if you've written in the thread you are guaranteed to get a seed matching your skill level.

stop beeing lazy and just link it maybe?

edit: oh and btw, not sure how you did it for beast2 but you should get some more people to work on the pools and brackets, beast1 pools were awful

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Wow d(^^)b for Lolex and everyone else making this happen!
I'm definitely going!
Beast 2 was my first tournament and it was such a great experience I HAVE to attend Beast 3!

If there was a fund to let Mango come and face off against EU players during this tournament we might get alot more ppl to come!
I'd put some dollars in it for sure.

Armada

Smash Lord
Luma: Beast 2 had pretty much perfect pools/bracket so I don't think it will be a problem =)

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Can't make it (again) Date sucks for me. Would have loved to visit "my" beloved Scandinavia again.

Luma

Smash Lord
Armada:
so nothing like having to play the same people in R1 & R2 pools or having the only 2 austrians in 1 pool (esp with another german)? =P

yeah well if b2 went well i guess you guys learned from your past mistakes

Jonas

Smash Champion
Just another ban in Sweden's ongoing persecution campaign against nuts and nut lovers of any kind.
Pro tip: If they catch you in the airport with a pack of nuts, better prepare to spend the next 6 months in a Swedish prison.

Armada

Smash Lord
Luma: Nothing like that =)
I don't know why it did went wrong that time but we came up with a system to make sure stuff like that will not happen again.

But tbh Sweden overall has the best seedning if you ask me but that is maybe because Sweden is one of the countries with most connection to the other countries. But anyway I can promise you that it will not happen again.

Armada

Smash Lord
If we have a system that fix the problem from the beginning I don't really need to know why/who ****ed up the last time because.

So we know what went wrong but the reason behind is probably because we had little time to set it up. With this system we can see from the begining if something is wrong so it will be good =)

WIDL

We Are Born
How will SSB64 be played? N64 controllers or virtual console/hacked *ahem*?

I will be there nevertheless. At least I hope so. Hyyyype.

Armada

Smash Lord
We have the veneue that early so people can get housing if they need to. Tickets maybe is cheaper and some people maybe need that to be able to go. The tournament starts 4th of January so it's not like anyone have to run from the New Year party anway :p

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the flights gonna cost so much since its new years -.- worst date.. I know its the christmas holidays but why not February?

Normally flights to Gothernburg are £20-50
To go and leave on the dates suggested it'd cost £110, the only cheap flight is going December 31 and I clearly don't want to miss out spending new years with friends/family.

I might not come cause of this, and I doubt a lot of good european smashers will be able to cause its January 2nd :/ might be just Sweden and Denmark mostly in this case

Armada

Smash Lord
We have the veneue 2 days in advance IF anyone would like to fly a bit earlier. The tournament starts 4th of January so that maybe helps a little bit. If it turns out the dates is really bad for all of Europe me and Lolex maybe needs to sit down and talk about it.

But flying to Gothenburg 2nd of January is not necessary.

Top Bottom