• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B & B midweight combo's for mewtwo?

D

Deleted member

As I use smashboards more & more, I get this great feeling of happiness, since the people here are soooo nice!

But I had another question to ask:
What are some of mewtwo's bread and butter combo's? Including good combo starter's, extenders, & finishers.

I'm mostly focusing on medium heavyweighs, like R.O.B. But i'm more than willing to get idea's for lightweights, super heavyweights, fastfallers, etc.

Here are some questions I have too:

1)Does mewtwo have a combo throw, and if so for what characters & situations?

2)Is there a difference in the frame data for DJC aerials & hover canceled aerials when it comes to combo's? And if so which is better? Or should I just use standart SHFFL?

3)Does DI hurt his B & B combo's real hard to the point I have to change my follow ups or positioning? Or is that only mid/High/Advanced/ level combo's?

Any help is loved.

RadicalFuzz

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the necro, but I bring answers!

1) Mewtwo's only combo throw is up throw on fastfallers. Diddy, MK, spacies pretty much. Good news is that leads into fair, which leads into either regrab or fair into more fairs, etc. Can usually snag a good 60-100% and put them offstage depending on the platform layout.

2) DJC aerials suffer the full landing lag of the aerial. Hover cancel aerials only have a flat 4 or 5, can't remember which. The only real advantage to DJC aerials is you can shift your momentum with the DJC so if you need just a little more distance on something that can help. I'd suggest using hover cancel most of the time though, it gives you a lot more control and has less endlag.

3) If I understand you correctly, I think that's a yes? The way you follow up on combos will have to change based on their DI no matter which character you're playing, but if nothing else which direction they go will make fair and uair easier/harder to land.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the necro, but I bring answers!

1) Mewtwo's only combo throw is up throw on fastfallers. Diddy, MK, spacies pretty much. Good news is that leads into fair, which leads into either regrab or fair into more fairs, etc. Can usually snag a good 60-100% and put them offstage depending on the platform layout.

2) DJC aerials suffer the full landing lag of the aerial. Hover cancel aerials only have a flat 4 or 5, can't remember which. The only real advantage to DJC aerials is you can shift your momentum with the DJC so if you need just a little more distance on something that can help. I'd suggest using hover cancel most of the time though, it gives you a lot more control and has less endlag.

3) If I understand you correctly, I think that's a yes? The way you follow up on combos will have to change based on their DI no matter which character you're playing, but if nothing else which direction they go will make fair and uair easier/harder to land.
What about D-throw? I see the arc of the throw is rather weird compared to his melee arc, so maybe no true follow ups, but I do like to use it near mid-stage for tech chasing, & sometimes chaingrab on heavyweights with bad DI, is d-throw decent for anything? Like I like to use d-throw at around 100% to 85% on certain weights at ledge for a DI trap, because they DI in to avoid a hard f-throw offstage, which I FH fair for a kill, it works wonders for me, but should d-throw be used alot or at all?

RadicalFuzz

Smash Cadet
What about D-throw? I see the arc of the throw is rather weird compared to his melee arc, so maybe no true follow ups, but I do like to use it near mid-stage for tech chasing, & sometimes chaingrab on heavyweights with bad DI, is d-throw decent for anything? Like I like to use d-throw at around 100% to 85% on certain weights at ledge for a DI trap, because they DI in to avoid a hard f-throw offstage, which I FH fair for a kill, it works wonders for me, but should d-throw be used alot or at all?
Down throw is useful for tech chasing depending on character and percent. Luigi at medium percent? Probably up throw or back throw for positioning. Meta Knight at medium percent? Down throw can lead to a tech chase where as the only other throw that's usually decent is back throw if you're at ledge. There isn't a universe where someone can't react to forward throw, so if they DI in to avoid forward throw they're actually playing while blindfolded lol. Sometimes people will DI in down throw at ledge to avoid getting edgeguarded, which we can then fair or bair edgeguard anyway, but I doubt it's because of forward throw. I've been using Confusion a lot more and it's so amazing once people respect hover aerials. Against most characters Mewtwo's throws at low percent don't do much so they like to shield more often than not, Confusion turns an aerial grab at 0% into 60-80% consistently.

Top Bottom