• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Springing on up RESULTS April 3rd, 2011. Mesa, Arizona!

Singles

1: Darklink
2: Silly Kyle
3: Tommy
4: Yoshiken
5: K9
5: Brett
7: Cole
7: Zenix
9: Anjila
9: Max Falcon
9: Timyo
9: Sunnycide
13: Ravenous
13: Slim
13: Tokyo
13: Derp

Low Tier Singles

1: K9
2: Kyle
3: Darklink
4: Derp
5: Tommy
5: Max Falcon
7: zenix
7: Tim
9: Brett
9: Trey
9: Ravenous
9: Juggernaut

Jane

Smash Hero
tommy, i ****ing love you. wish i coulda been there to yank that number 4 spot ;] maybe even three but i can never underestimate the meister.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
C'mon, haven't I asked enough times for ya'll to remember to put in the payouts and characters used in Brawl Singles? :(

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, yoshi was bringin' the HEAT this time around! Man, this tournament was so awesome. I had a blast. I just have to keep up my momentum for the next two tournaments. PR, you best be ready for me.

After we ate at that buffet, me, Angela, Rave Remix, Sunnyside, and Brett, all went back to Gamer's Inn and played Brawl until like 3:00 in the morning or something. It was totally awesome.

We have to have another low tier tournament soon, since I wasn't able to make it to this last one, haha. Though, a random tournament would be cool as well.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I'm in for the next 1! Anyone wanna practice just hit me up whenever new in arizona. 661.717.8190 names Robert. Damn wish I went. :(

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah, I should probably be more active and contribute on the yoshi boards more.

And Thanks!

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Maaan, didn't do so hot this time around! Oh well, there's always next tourney. And I once more got to avoid fighting my hubby in brackets! Even if I lose my PR slot, looks like he might be able to take my place! ;)

Fun tournament, everyone! Seriously, the Chinese buffet after tourneys should be a new tradition. Yoshiken and I had a hilariously good time with Sunny, Rave, and Brett afterwards, too!

C'mon, haven't I asked enough times for ya'll to remember to put in the payouts and characters used in Brawl Singles? :(
I'm pretty sure payouts were for top three. I can't tell you how much, though.

1: Darklink :metaknight::snake: (anyone else?)
2: Silly Kyle :peach:
3: Tommy :snake:
4: Yoshiken :yoshi2:
5: K9 :link2::falco:
5: Brett :metaknight:
7: Cole :marth:
7: Zenix :marth:
9: Anjila :lucario:
9: Max Falcon :ness2::rob: (not sure if both?)
9: Timyo :kirby2:
9: Sunnycide :yoshi2::lucario:
13: Ravenous :toonlink:
13: Slim :marth:
13: Tokyo :metaknight:
13: Derp :bowser2:

:cool:

This is as far as I remember anyway. Someone let me know if I missed anyone/got anything wrong.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion

Red Halberd!! <3 I love you so much!!! Kewlest Floridian ever!!! You better be at Genesis 2. I'm going to be there, so run and tell that, homeboy. <3

1: Darklink :metaknight: You’re the only person to beat me the last two tournaments I’ve been to. This time it was a lot closer when you beat me 3-2, 3-2 in Winner’s and Grand Finals. I’m coming for dat ***!! Had a great time chilling with you and low tier singles was tons of fun!! Glad I kicked your *** with my sexy Zelda.

2: Silly Kyle :peach: Getting first next time!! <3

3: Tommy :snake: Good job making it to Loser’s Finals, even though you lost to me 3-0. Fun matches and you’re definitely getting better. 420.

4: Yoshiken :yoshi2: Great performance this tournament!! No more bracket rigging with your wife… just kidding :p Keep it up, I think your Yoshi can get even better. Look up my set vs. HadesBlade on youtube. Also, you should add me on Facebook. Search my email: k_schroder@hotmail.com

5: K9 :falco: :metaknight: :link2: You keep getting better each tournament. Next time the beating will be a lot harder from me. I’m still salty I lost to you in Low Tiers though. At least I’m consistent with only losing to the person who gets 1st place in these events.

5: Brett :metaknight: You’re pretty kewl man. Hilarious and super chill. You should definitely play the game more often and practice. I think it will do you a lot of good.

7: Cole :marth: Nice job on your placing considering you lost to me the first round lol. What’s with all the Marths!?!?!

7: Zenix :marth: Ugggh, another Marth. You did extremely well against me that first match in pools. Then I adapted super quick the next match and got a lucky bob-omb for the 3-stock lol. I know you can do better at the next tournament.

9: Anjila - I wish you would have placed better!! You’re really cool and I am definitely interested on driving up with you guys to Genesis 2!! Keep it up gorgeous <3

9: Max Falcon – Great job in low tier singles!! It was fun playing you and I know you have a lot of potential to get better.

9: Timyo – Thank you so much for driving!! You’re so awesome and your Kirby impressed me at this tournament. We definitely need to play more often since we live so close to each other. I know you would improve at a faster rate. :)

9: Sunnycide – Nice Lucario!! He is definitely a good character to have along with your sick Yoshi. I would like to see you place higher next time!!!

13: Ravenous – Work on your tournament nerves and your mindset and I think you will see a big difference in your gameplay. I like your Toon Link and I know can you place better than 13th.

13: Slim – Hope you had a good time at this tournament. You did well considering you’re pretty new to the scene. Nice Marth bro

13: Tokyo – Didn’t really talk to you but I’m glad you had fun

13: Derp – WTF. We’re totes playing ASAP. Let’s do this homeboy. TUCSON!!!

Jard, Duffy, and Bryce - Sad you guys weren't able to make it :(

Slimlenny

Smash Rookie
It was my first time joining singles, and even though I got thrown around quite a bit I still had fun :p I don't know most of the people but those that I did get to talk to were pretty awesome. So to those I interacted with:
Darklink: I haven't had a chance to play against you and I probably shouldn't. Haha. Either way, you have a sick Metaknight and your Ness was really good as well.
Kyle - Dude, you're a beast. I have nightmares about Peach.
Tommy - Gahh I'll beat you...someday... :p Sick Snake though dude. I could have sworn there was 3 'nades at some point.
K9 - Although I didn't play against you, you're pretty chill and helpful. You definitely make newcomers like myself feel welcome. Also, I saw your Falco....all I can say is: damn.
Zenix - I learned a lot from playing against you man. I hope next time I can do better. You've got a good Marth.
Max Falcon - I hate R.O.B. >.< but i'll get ya next time around :p Haha. I was really hoping to play your Ness, since I saw you doing really well in the Low Tier singles. Can't wait to play against ya again!
Sunnycide - Awesome Yoshi (although I only played it once) and great Lucario. I won't run straight into your forward smash next time around :p

And to those I didn't mention, I hope I get to play/talk to you guys in the next tournament!

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I think I figured out the right ratio of sour skittles to mountain dew so I'm calmer and more attentive and so that migraine doesn't come back.
Plus I don't think I'm going to give up as easily this time... There's no point... (u c wat i did thar?)

So yeah, watch out next tourney, for those of you who haven't met me before, sorry I gave a bad first impression. >;D
lol but yeah
Congraturation though guys, and Silly Kyle, I think you got better since WHOBO. x_x I didn't know you had a Zelda like that either. ._______.
Ggs to everyone, and I hope I get to see you guys more often, and it's looking like I'm gonna be able to too. :3

I really wish I got to stay though, I wanted to go to the buffet with yous guys, that would've been cool.

I used Fox and Captain Falcon too.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Hades! Yeah, I came into the scene at the end of last year. I think it was right after you left, haha.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney everyone, that was easily one of the craziest we've had yet! Yoshiken and Anjila practically swapping tourney placings, Derp being defeated by two Yoshi players, me being defeated by two Marth players, and a brand new person placing in the money (Tommy). Not to mention the room we were squeezed into couldn't even fit all of us at once. Glad that gigantic board that was leaning on the wall decided to stay put, or we would have a different kind of smashing going on in that room. o_O

Random shoutouts:

Darklink: Thank you so much for wanting me to be the T.O. in your absence, I would definitely be willing to do that, with or without car. :)

Silly Kyle: You will be the last person I beat in this scene, I swear. Way to make a princess in a pink dress the most terrifying character in the game for me, lol.

Tommy: Simply put: you are the sh*t

K9: as much trouble as you cause us, I think everyone can say that we all love you. :)

Cole: Holy freakin cr*p, that last stock in our third match I swear your Marth was indefinitely floating in mid-air with the barrage of back/forward aerials you dealt. Extremely pro man, I'm glad you placed pretty high this tourney.

Zenix: Amazing Marth dude, you definitely have PR potential if you keep this up. Good sh*t beating me in our very first tourney match ever. :)

Yoshiken, Anjila, Sunnycide, and Brett: the matches we played after the tourney were definitely one of the most fun times I've ever had playing Smash. The trashtalking we dished was particularly hilarious. *cough cough* LOL

Sunnycide: Thank you for coming to tournies man, I always have a blast hanging out with you no matter what the situation is. :DDD

Derp: I yelled "stay away from me" so many times in our in our friendlies I'm surprised none of the employees came to my rescue. Damn Bowsercide extraordinaire. ^_^ And by the way, whatever your career endeavors are, please immediately change it to creative writing, that story about Shawn pushing over the shelf felt like an excerpt from a best-selling novel. You are f*cking brilliant sir. :)

And finally, I close out my longwinded post with two pics of the room we were squeezed into:

And a pic of the awesome Chinese Buffet:

Jane

Smash Hero
its funny how much less nerdy az brawl looks than az melee hahaha.

<3azmelee in case any of you see this. foreal doe.

(im comparing the chinese buffet pic to a pic that was taken after the last melee tourney... not how personally nerdy people are, haha)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Yoshiken, Anjila, Sunnycide, and Brett: the matches we played after the tourney were definitely one of the most fun times I've ever had playing Smash. The trashtalking we dished was particularly hilarious. *cough cough* LOL
[/IMG]
HAHA YES! That was so fun! Those 3 vs 1 Stamina matches were so hilarious!

Oh, and don't even get me started on that one kid that showed up. That kid was the biggest/most annoying loser EVER! I couldn't stand his stupid rules and all his whining and complaining. I don't even know WHY he wanted to play, because in every match he would always yell at anyone who was approaching him to get away and not attack him! That is the point of brawl after all. I seriously couldn't put with all his whining about having things his way. I wanted to punch him in the face so hard XD.

Top Bottom