• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ay check out my bowser

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Ayy lmao :alien:

Man it's quite obvious you have a very good Bowser and that you've put in time with him on a high level.

But that Marth....oh that Marth.

He seemed like a baddy and also seemed clueless about the easy disgusting things he can do to a Bowser. I consider this an unwinnable MU for Bowser :'(

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
Hot damn! Your Bowser's so crispy it might as well have come right out the fryer at Popeye's! You and Kali are lookin like some of the hot up and comings for Bowser and that's excellent. You missed a few reads but **** it, you hit the important ones. I get that you're your own player and ever player's got a unique style, but, putting this throw combo (starts around 2:38) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-na5cfbaP74 into your bag of tricks might prove to be useful. It's tricky but I bet you can get it. Other than that you did great, thanks for keeping the Boozer alive!

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Very nice stuff! I love to see new Bowser players popping up on here. I really need to get some footage recorded so I can show off my Bowser as well :/
I think it's pretty clear that this Marth knew nothing about fighting a Bowser, but that doesn't take away from your performance at all.

Anyways, some comments I'd like to make:
Your side b tech chases on platforms (such as 2:28) were super slick, though I personally prefer to tech chase underneath the platforms with uair. It's a lot safer imo because if you miss the Klaw, you are much more vulnerable than if you miss an uair under them. You were really solid with them though, I should start using it more.
Your fortress hogging is really solid as well.
You should make better use of Bowser's wavedash and waveland. It allows for movement mixups that a lot of people don't expect (wavedash/land moonwalks are a good example). It is also good for spacing, waveland back ftilt being probably my favorite spacing tool.

All very good stuff dawg, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Stockholm Syndrome

Koopa Hot Fiyah
Thanks you guys.

There was a lot of stuff I was actually just 'trying' mid-match because I felt like I could. Skill gap was apparent.

So if there were ever times I did some janky **** it was that, I dont think I actually missed anything intentional, except for like, 1 Lcancel or something.

Your side b tech chases on platforms (such as 2:28) were super slick, though I personally prefer to tech chase underneath the platforms with uair!
Normally I would do the Upair stuff, but I love Side b way too much. Main reason I picked up the character, but Im definitely aware that Upair is the better option , Im just bad :)

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Hey wait you're from FL.
I play in FL often. North FL, but still. If we ever see each other at a tournament (so basically if I travel to any big events near you or vice versa) we should money match or something in dittos. That'd be maximum hype!

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I figured lmao
Hopefully he told you all good things haha, though I don't think he's seen my Bowser since February, and I've leveled up a TON since then.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Maybe now, but back then hell no lmao
I don't know if I would really say "better" though, but I do consider myself a pretty technical Bowser.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Oh nice! If you don't mind I have a question~

Is there any trick to do the ledge-grabbing-rolling-fortress-epic-thing? I keep falling down... Boozer seems to be getting too much momentum by the time I reach the ledge, or I flick too early and roll back on the stage.

I've never been able to play with anyone except for my friend who is an amazing Link player. I'd love to participate in a tournament, but they are quite rare over here. I need to practice against other characters.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Oh nice! If you don't mind I have a question~

Is there any trick to do the ledge-grabbing-rolling-fortress-epic-thing? I keep falling down... Boozer seems to be getting too much momentum by the time I reach the ledge, or I flick too early and roll back on the stage.

I've never been able to play with anyone except for my friend who is an amazing Link player. I'd love to participate in a tournament, but they are quite rare over here. I need to practice against other characters.

There are many tricks -

Dash or Wave dash/land to ledge then up-B over when you are within "teeter range" right by the edge (can be facing either way)

Time the Up-B ending right so that you finish the animation as you are to fall off (have to fall off backwards)

On Yoshi's Island it works from practically any distance fall off insta-ledgegrab.

Last edited:

Kalimari

Smash Cadet
The best and fastest way to fortress-hog any ledge that is not Yoshi's story is the following:
if bowser wants to hog the right ledge, you up-b, then you hold UP+RIGHT to grab it. doesn't matter which way you're facing.
the same for the left: if you wanna grab the left ledge you up-b , hold diagonal up left and you'll snap to it.
for yoshi's or any level where there is a decline slope to the ledge you just hold the direction of theledge

i apologize if that wasn't exactly ur question i did a quick read through but i feel this is good information to new bowser users

Synnett

Alligator Lord
The best and fastest way to fortress-hog any ledge that is not Yoshi's story is the following:
if bowser wants to hog the right ledge, you up-b, then you hold UP+RIGHT to grab it. doesn't matter which way you're facing.
the same for the left: if you wanna grab the left ledge you up-b , hold diagonal up left and you'll snap to it.
for yoshi's or any level where there is a decline slope to the ledge you just hold the direction of theledge

i apologize if that wasn't exactly ur question i did a quick read through but i feel this is good information to new bowser users
Oh nice, it works well thanks! But I noticed that if I hit someone by the time I leave the platform, I won't grab the ledge. A pretty risky move, but definitively worth trying. I'm starting to slowly implement wave-dashing into my play too.

Kalimari

Smash Cadet
Oh nice, it works well thanks! But I noticed that if I hit someone by the time I leave the platform, I won't grab the ledge. A pretty risky move, but definitively worth trying. I'm starting to slowly implement wave-dashing into my play too.
Yes I know what you're talking about. When you're hitting someone with your up b you're in hit lag and thus taking longer to get to the ledge. And then your animation takes too long when you wanna snap and you just fall. To this I say as a bowser player you should learn to make the right judgment when you execute an up b. whether you should try n take ledge, back away to avoid punishment, etc it all depends on the opponent and the opponent's character and their % and all that. the more you practice and experiment the better you will become at this

Wavedash with Bowser is very underrated. You can move pretty darn fast with wavelands and wave dashes with Bowser. Wavedash in > ftilt is a good check to throw against an opponent. as is wavedash grab. If I think I'm being too predictable with up b out of shield, I'll wavedash out of shield instead.
i sit at home a lot and beat up on cpus and practice movement to make myself faster (which also explains my awful neutral game lolz)

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I think battlefield is one of Bowser's best stages for a lot of MUs. On smaller stages he can be overwhelmed, and on bigger stages chasing the opponent down is near impossible, so I find myself going to battlefield often.

Top Bottom