• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3 11/05

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Brawl Doubles
Bracket

1. San+Cura
2. Goggles+PikaPika
3. Phiddlestick + Sauc3
4. Vibe + Smm1
5. JamesG + Sharky
5. TGS + Metal Pat
7. Calm + Eevee
7. Bcb + ldon
9. Alt + Mako
9. David + Dan
9. Phantom + Frankie
9. Sonic Ninja + Nito

Brawl Singles
Bracket
1. San :ike:
2. Cura :marth: :metaknight:
3. Sauc3 :metaknight:
4. Pikapika! :pikachu2: :metaknight:
5. James G :lucario:
5. K.I.D Goggles :sonic: :fox:
7. Metal Pat :rob: :snake:
7. Vibe :marth:
9. Tyrant :wolf::dedede:
9. Calm :wario::olimar:
9. Ldon:marth::metaknight:
9. Bcb:wario:
13. Phantom:ike::snake:
13. Dudu:ike:
13. Smm1:olimar::yoshi2:
13. Sharky:yoshi:
17. Eeveee:metaknight:
17. TGS:sonic:
17. Nito:diddy:
17. Alt:pikachu:
17. Phiddlesticks:wario:
17. Mako:marth::metaknight:
17. Chance:diddy:
17. Dan:link::falco:
25. Will :kirby:
25. VFXM:mario:
25. Sonic Ninja
25. Frankie :falcon:
25. P35 :rob: :diddy:
25. Nick:wolf:
25. David :snake: :marth:
25. Bowie :ike:

Melee Doubles
Bracket
1. Nintendude + Sauc3
2. Unknown + Cura
3. JesiahTEG + Pikapika!
4. Beauty and the Beast (Goggles+RTF)
5. Honey badger + Dudu
5. Beta + Erk
7. Team Swag
7. Zanda + Eeveee
9. Will + Nick
9. Dan + David
9. Inty + ShroudedOne

Melee Singles
Bracket
1. Unknown522
2. Nintendude
3. JesiahTEG
4. Sauc3
5. Pikapika!
5. Honey Badger
7. Dudutsai
7. Beta
9. KID Goggles
9. Cura
9. Flaw
9. Zandaaa
13. RTF
13. Foy
13. Erk
13. Nightro
17. Inty
17. Alt
17. Eeveee
17. ShroudedOne
17. Pyro
17. Spamus
17. Mako
25. David
25. Pipe

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Shoutouts time.

1. San+Cura :: Still number 1 team.

2. Goggles+PikaPika :: Did pretty good in teams shouldnt have gone fox, not sure why you did that fox kinda sucks.

3. Phiddlestick + Sauc3 :: Was hoping to play you guys in teams

4. Vibe + Smm1 :: Easy

7. Calm + Eevee :: Calm didn't pull his weight!

7. Bcb + ldon :: Glad you guys were able to make it out.

9. Phantom + Frankie :: Glad you guys could make it out.

9. Sonic Ninja + Nito :: Glad you guys could make it out.

1. San :: Good time teaming, anytime were at an event we almost never play with each other. Team play wifi so we can **** apex.

2. Cura :: Sexy

3. Sauc3 :: Was pretty salty after i lost game 3 in winners, but i knew my marths play style would be able to counter your semi aggro metaknight! Glad you came out nice seeing you again, good at brawl good at melee. Also I wish I could have stayed up for that Zelda speed run, seemed cool.

4. Pikapika! :: Was hoping to play you at this, figured we'd probably never get a chance to play again since both of us are probably quitting after apex or sooner. Good set. Nice come back game 2.

5. James G :: Good job on beating me game 1. Shouldnt have taken lucario to FD as mk lol. Hard to much trouble killing you at the end and it cost me. Im always afraid to play lucario, he may have a ****ty recovery but the other stuff he has really makes up for what he lacks.

5. K.I.D Goggles :: Kinda disappointed in your performance. You can do better!

7. Metal Pat :: Not sure how you always manage to place so well Lol. Must play better during tournament time. Would have like to see you upset one of the better players.

7. Vibe :: Thanks for the money.

9. Tyrant :: Nice meeting you, you did pretty well, surprised you beat phiddlesticks since you were down the whole time during most of the set. Good job beating sharky as well.

9. Calm :: I'd drop wario and focus 100% on olimar. Has amazing potential even more now that mk is gone. Warios not bad, but easier in my opinion.

9. Ldon :: Nice seeing you again quit LoL

9. Bcb :: Good job beating tgs wasn't really expecting it so i'm impressed.

13. Phantom :: Come to best 5 so we can play.

13. Dudu :: Sorry that these shoutouts are as notorious as my previous, last tournament im going to host, have to stay classy. Good job in melee and brawl. Kinda disappointed in you in doubles! Didn't expect you to lose to goggle + rtf.

13. Smm1 :: Was hoping you'd upset jamesG would have liked to see you vs pikapika. Would have been a good set.

13. Sharky :: Free

17. Eeveee :: Beautiful

17. TGS :: Green

17. Alt :: Thanks for helping us TO and such. And competing in all 5 events. And picking up people and such.

17. Phiddlesticks :: Nice meeting you, dont think i met you while i was in Canada. Your definitely alot better than your placing. Pretty cool watching you use bowser in teams lol it kinda worked a lil better in some ways.

17. Mako :: Free

17. Dan :: Glad you guys started showing up in the smash community, we were losing players and now were gaining some. Thanks for helping to advertise as well as supplying what food you guys could.

25. Will :: Good games, hopefully we will see more of you guys. I liked your shirt.

25. VFXM :: Should have done way better, would have been a pretty big upset if you had beaten tommyg

25. David :: Expected you to do a lot better. Come over more so we can train.

1. Unknown522 :: Thanks for coming down and hanging with us again. Always nice seeing you. Sorry my hand was cramping in doubles.

2. Nintendude :: Glad you could make it I enjoy watching your iceclimbers, they do some really crazy stuff. You did a lot better in teams that i expected!

3. JesiahTEG :: Nice seeing you again, will probably be the last time. Hopefully you get your melee drive back or lose it all together.

5. Honey Badger :: Definitely was rooting for you vs jesse. You have him both times!

7. Beta :: Thanks for not entering brawl, would have probably spanked dat ***

9. Flaw :: You have gotten so much better! Was expecting to run through you fairly easy but you definitely gave me some trouble. Your about the same skill level as beta. Maybe a bit better.

13. RTF :: Didn't actually get a chance to play you at all this tournament. Its a shame always nice seeing you though.

13. Foy :: You got lucky

13. Erk :peach:

17. ShroudedOne :: Good couple games we had, techincal peach! Seems like you understand the character but not the game yet. Improve on your mental game more than your character game and you'll get loads better.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Some matches were saved. A lot of the finals matches were kind of silly and not saved.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
shoutouts later. mad hype, did way better than i thought.

also. just wanted to give a special shoutout to goggles for giving me his money :troll:

EDIT: i like how because of the time change, san technically posted in this thread, before it was even made...

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Unknown for apologizing that he was going to snore and then literary 2 minutes later making the loudest noises I've ever heard come from a person sleeping (you were mad cool though).

Shoutouts to the 24 hour drive-thru McDonald's in Binghamton and it's ability to feed me 3 McDoubles.

Shoutouts to route 7 having a total of 3 cars I passed in the 120 miles I was on it.

Shoutouts to the dead deer I nearly hit in the middle of the road, oddly reminiscent of the first AXS.

Shoutouts to every AXS coinciding with the beginning or the ending of Daylight Savings Time (iirc).

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
2. Cura :popo::marth: maybe mk too?
4. Pikapika! :pikachu2::metaknight:
5. K.I.D Goggles :sonic: and maybe some other characters?
7. Metal Pat :rob:
9. Tyrant :wolf::dedede: (not sure of order)
9. Calm :olimar::wario:
9. Ldon :marth: :metaknight:
9. Bcb :wario:
13. Phantom
13. Dudu :ike:
13. Smm1 :olimar::yoshi2:
13. Sharky :yoshi2:
17. Eeveee :metaknight:
17. TGS :sonic:
17. Nito :diddy:
17. Alt :pikachu2:
17. Phiddlesticks :wario:
17. Mako :marth:
17. Chance :diddy:
17. Dan :link2: :falco:
25. Will
25. VFXM :mario2:
25. Sonic Ninja
25. P35
25. Nick :wolf:
25. David
25. Bowie

So yeah some one should double check that and fill in the rest.

Also that character diversity in the top 10ish

MetalPat

Smash Ace
2. Cura :popo::marth: maybe mk too?
5. K.I.D Goggles :sonic: and maybe some other characters?
9. Tyrant :wolf::dedede: (not sure of order)
9. Ldon :diddy: I think?
13. Phantom
i also used snake and ganon. but not nearly as much as rob.
phantom used ike against me. idk about against anyone else.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Goggles used Fox a bit
L-Don used Marth and MK
Phantom might've been Snake or Ike
VFXM beat Tommy in Loser's bracket
Frankie was Captain Falcon
I'm pretty sure Mako used MK against L-Don games 2&3, but lost the set.
Dan went Link/Falco against L-Don from what I saw.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Melee Doubles

9. Inty + ShroudedOne
17. ShroudedOne
Please and thank you.

So. Shout-outs:
Unknown: You're really cool, and really good. It was quite nice meeting you, and I hope I can do so again in the future. Good games, and thanks for the words of advice. :)

Erk: Bleh, Fox. He's really annoying. But it was nice meeting you, too. I have to think a lot more about Fox now, thanks to you (since like, two people use him up here). GGs.

Dudutsai: You are really cool, and I enjoyed the games we played (especially the Puff/Peach, Peach dittos, and Puff dittos :bee: ). I'd heard about how "campy" you played, but I didn't really notice it, if anything. Anyways, GGs.

Zandaa: I can tell that you take a lot of pride in the way your Falcon plays. It's kind of odd to play against someone who goes for the utmost so much, cause I feel like I'm just cheesing when I do my silly Peach things. Good games!

Beta: I didn't get to play you as much, but you're very good. You and Erk have excellent team chemistry (which is why you ***** me and Inty), and that was a very interesting experience, as if was my first time in teams. GGs.

Cura: I don't remember how many matches we played, but I know that we did at least one Peach ditto. Thanks for indulging me in that, even though you didn't have to. Good games.

Spamus: :( I swear, I never meant to time you out. It's just that I had to choose my moves carefully, cause I hated jumping into nothing and getting punished. And you're also lame for switching to Sheik but whatever. ;) GGs.

Nintendude: ................what the heck. I don't understand ICs at all. I guess FC fair > downsmash is a good start, but there's a lot more to it then that against someone who knows the matchup. It's lame that we only played in tournament (where I got handled for thinking that the matchup was free automatically always). GGs.

Inty: We actually didn't do that badly in teams. It's just that if we want to do that again, we'll need a lot more dedication to practice, and making Peach/Marth work (or you could learn Fox, cause he solves everything). GGs.

Shout outs to Rochester for being cool, of course (they know who they are), even if all there are up here are Falcos and Marths (with some Falcon). There were a few people that I saw ****** that I wanted friendlies with, but didn't get the chance. Ah well, next time, I suppose.

This was a great experience that I enjoyed tons, and I hope to be able to do it again in the future! Thanks a lot, guys! (sorry if this is really long...and if I forgot someone, please remind me...)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice, Calm and bcb for providing the info.
Nito is :diddy:
Chance is :diddy:
Nick is :wolf: I believe

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
nintendude so lucky i didnt go you ppl losing to lame char to make him look sooooo good hes done son better be going to troy

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
2. Cura :popo::marth:
5. K.I.D Goggles :sonic::fox:
9. Tyrant :wolf::dedede:
9. Ldon :marth::metaknight:
13. Phantom :ike:? :snake:?
13. Dudu :ike:
13. Smm1 :olimar::yoshi2:
13. Sharky :yoshi2:
17. Eeveee :metaknight:
17. VFXM :mario2:
17. Nito :diddy:
17. Alt :pikachu2:
17. Phiddlesticks :wario:
17. Mako :marth::metaknight:
17. Chance :diddy:
17. Dan :link2::falco:
25. Will
25. TGS :sonic:
25. Sonic Ninja
25. P35
25. Nick :wolf:
25. David
25. Bowie
Adding in info said

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Pretty close on the bracket bcb, but I lost to Cura in losers after losing to Neil in winners. And Cura was in losers because sauce beat him. Cura has the tendency to lose to people who I feel he can beat and then I have face him earlier than expected in losers. So I must say thank you matt for eliminating me from top 3 contention nearly every big tourney >___>.

Well, at least I only lose to people who are clearly better than me, unlike some people....

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Oh cool, lol. I was close.

But didn't VFXM beat Tommy? I saw it earlier that he advanced past him.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Good stuff Ryan.

Same for you, Kurtis. Impressive work in teams. Did you use Puff for teams? I don't think Ice Climbers & Puff is really that bad of a team just because they control totally different areas of space, so they don't really get in each others' way. I'm not sure how good third in Brawl teams & singles is, but it looks good. Keep up the good work!

Good work in teams, Phiddlesticks!

edit: I see someone else has experienced Ryan's snoring. Hehehe. I should have warned you guys; if you're planning on having a good night's sleep with Unknown around, it is a very wise decision to have earplugs handy. I always bring like 20 pairs of heavy duty foam ones whenever we're traveling now, just in case people start grumbling about being unable to sleep. They really do make a difference.

I kind of wish Jesiah and Ryan could have played a tournament set. But Nintendude messed it up by beating Jessie twice. Haha. Oh well. Nintendude too good.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Well shoutouts I guess:

Brawl Singles

1. San - Good **** wreckin our region as usual.

2. Cura - Thanks for losing early in winners and eliminating me in losers early as a result -_-. Haha just kidding, good stuff man.

3. Sauc3 - Great job comin here and wreckin some of our best players.

4. Pikapika! - I would say 4th is disappointing for you, but you, San and matt know each other so well, I feel like anyone could beat anyone at anytime. Good **** destroying me though. You are a super smart player and your stage control is just incredible.

5. James G - JamesFree

5. K.I.D Goggles - Good **** beating me in most of the money matches. I guess you are a bit better than me as of now, but I know that could definitely change if I put the right amount of time and dedication into this game. The thing is, I don't think I will so this may be bad news for me going forward. But I have to say, these are the first sets that I felt that you were not only outplaying me, but outsmarting me as well. Props to you, but this isn't over Goggles. We'll play again one day.

7. Metal Pat - Awesome matches man. You seem like a cool dude, and if this scene was more lively, I'd say you are probably one of the players who I believe has the potential of reaching that elite status. Without matt though, this scene is as good as dead, and nobody is gonna pass their plateaus.

7. Vibe - Thanks for not facing me in bracket, loll.

9. Bcb - GGs

13. Smm1 - GGs

13. Sharky - Good effort in doubles. We'll do better next time....if there is a next time.

17. TGS - Good friendlies. Clearly I need help in a matchup my character supposedly has a 65-35 advantage in.

17. Chance - GGs. Nice classic controller play.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
i'm lazy! some shout outs!
calm: we could've done better but i had a lot of fun with doubles!
david and dan: thanks for the food and for coming out. appreciate you hanging flyers but it's pretty lame that no one was from SU lol well see you at some more fests
will nick and anthony thanks for coming all the way from potsdam! i hope to see you guys at more events. if you guys ever wanna hit up a tournament in troy we always hosts fests before them (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257972). you are welcome to join us
smm1: yo you smile >:D ggs against vibe i think you had him you know it vibe knows it you'll get 'em next time.
vibe: you cheap *******
mako: yo we gotta play scattegories
tgs: always a pleasure to have you join us
alt: thanks for helping us TO like always and for hookin' us up with cookies and wheat thins. i'm gonna go buy some this week lol
pipepusher: join us for our fests too you live too close to not be invited http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257972
phil: sorry that we couldn't hold singles bracket for you i thought it was pretty lame that you came to the tournament, helped cleaned up, but didn't even have the chance to enter the events or anything. thanks for the chocolate! those of us who got some loved it lol
honeybadger:yo step your **** up you had those matches!
Canada: so awesome having you guys crash here and go to the tourney.
erk + beta: those some sweet *** tees yo
zandaa: thanks for teaming with me in melee lol my bad for smackin' you around and **** lol also i probably won't be using that registration sign too often let me know if you wanna use it for your tournaments instead i can have someone bring it with them for best5 or something

apologies if i forgot anyone but i'm hungry!

Thanks to everyone who made it out to this. we raised ~$150 for the hurricane irene charity thing so thanks for contributing and making this tournament so fun. hope to see you guys soon enough. thanks to everyone for eating all the food that was brought and to everyone who made the smash fest entertaining.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Somebody left the recording setup on for like an hour and a half, so a bunch of matches were recorded and I don't know exactly who's who.

If you played any tourney matches on the cube closest to the registration table, post what character you played, colors, stages, etc. and I'll try to find you in the video.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
1. San - Awwww, I thought L-Don was gonna have a close set with you. Good job winning, as always.
2. Cura - Excellent tourney, good job beating Sauc3.
3. Sauc3 - Glad to see you come out. Awesome doubles matches.
4. Pikapika! - Good job overall
5. James G - GGs. I felt that I could've taken a game off you, but our matches were pretty close so I'm pleased.
5. K.I.D Goggles - Nice seeing you again. I kept hearing you yelling something in the background whenever I was doing a match. xD
7. Metal Pat - Wow, you're a lot better than I expected. Our doubles matches were godlike. xD
7. Vibe - Good job getting top 8. I wanted to play you.
9. Tyrant - Nice job. Like Metal Pat, I didn't realize how good you were. We've gotta play some time.
9. Calm - I hate Wario dittos. Expect me to switch to a mystery matchup the next time you try and go Wario on me. Good job. xD
9. Ldon - Sooooooooooooooooo Amazing. You should be PR'd. Lucky that LoL tourney was cancelled.
9. Bcb - lol
13. Phantom - Great doubles matches, they were fun. The double fart kill was the highlight of my day.
13. Dudu - Our matches were soooo close. You just need to be able to hold a lead. P:
13. Smm1 - Good job in doubles, I'm surprised I haven't played you yet. Also, good job beating Phiddlesticks.
13. Sharky - You would've beaten me. Your bracket was kinda tough, so don't worry. :x
17. Eeveee - What happened to the Peach? Nice tourney, and thanks for waiting for L-Don and I to show for doubles.
17. TGS - I got lucky, you should've had my placing.
17. Nito - You're a boss
17. Alt - GGs, your Pika's a real threat now.
17. Phiddlesticks - Awwww mang, tough. At least you did well in doubles.
17. Mako - Hard bracket :x GGs in doubles.
17. Chance - You had a hard bracket. If I had you bracket I would've gotten the same placing. I think L-Don's the best in Utica, though.
17. Dan - I saw you facing L-Don. Good job taking a game off him.
25. Will - You're a boss
25. VFXM - I would've lost to you. Good job sticking with Mario and coming out to this tourney after the SATs.
25. Sonic Ninja - You're a boss
25. Frankie - GGs in doubles. Glad to see a Falcon main. =)
25. P35 - I think I saw you playing Phiddlesticks. He's tough. D:
25. Nick - You're a boss
25. David - You're a boss
25. Bowie - You're a boss
Traffic - Almost timed me out. GGs. Luckily you don't know the phone # matchup.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
just want to get something straight here before i make shoutouts later on today, I lost to TGS 1-2 (very close matches but it is what it is),the results are accurate

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. My name in the results should be (Unsigned) K.I.D.Goggles its important

2. Fk a metaknight. Not entering a mk legal brawl tournament ever again after apex.

3. Fk a Fox in melee. Never entering a melee tournament again after apex.

4. Going fox against lucario in brawl for the rest of time.

As fun as this tournament was. Personally for me it was pretty much the worst tournament experience of my life.

:phone:

dudutsai

Smash Lord
This tournament was pretty cool. Did exactly how well I thought I'd do, except I didn't win a single MM

Too lazy for shoutouts so I won't do them. Most everything I wanted to say I said in person anyway

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
The matchup honestly isn't that bad Goggles. It's pretty annoying to me not being able to land without getting grabbed because I have no quick start up moves cept like jab or utilt which are easily shield grabbed, not to mention if I try to dair then I can just get upaired OOS. Most of lucarios useful attacks have bad lag to them, making it fairly easy to punish him following a move or a landing.

The problem, of course, is Sonic's inability to kill. But this is true for nearly every character, so it's simply not enough to call it Sonic's worst matchup. Besides, you can clearly well compensate with gimping Lucario early or watching him struggle to get through a wall of bairs because his back is facing the stage after back throw. Sure, I can change direction through charging aura sphere, but that can be an opening for you to easily hit me anyways. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong because I don't really take the time to understand this game, but I see a bit of over exaggeration on the matchup difficulty. Not saying Sonic wins it or anything, but still, lol. It's definitely a pain in the *** for me too.

Top Bottom