• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming - Emeryville, CA - Aug 30, 08 - $2,000 1st place, SINGLES START@11AM

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You can still stay with us, obv. If you guys wanna throw me like $5 a person I could actually go to the tournament LOL >_<

Niko_K

Smash Master
If you need 25 bucks I'll throw it to you. You're housing us....

EDIT: Mind you, it's going to be monopoly money. *CAD*

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm spending all day tomorrow working on videos. I'll at least have Fly Amanita vs. Plank, and the finals up hopefully Tuesday. Other than that, I'm hoping for a lot of the videos to go up Saturday BUT I have to go to a Madden Challenge, so I'm not certain.

There were other people that recorded, wwjasond and I think 2man got matches.

--GCII

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea plank did good, i was watching the finals and a couple other matches on the live feed. dsf also got a lot better since ch3, so its gonna be interesting at ch4

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The live feed for this was so entertaining, especially when on the AiB chat. And i need to see the fly vs plank again, just for the lolz

f0cus

Smash Cadet
Lol eyestrain92, you did? what was your tag? and yeah i was using snake most of the time, but only to surprise a few people when i busted out with yoshi being my main and totally egging the crap out of everyone. And i fought SS/Silent Spectre on station #1, it was a miserable fight, i was boo'd off the station even though i won. it was a great match though. o_O

onski?

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. Definitely. Who else is back yet?

Those two kids in the back on #26 kind of pissed me off. I almost got banned when they called that out, and yet those two sat all day playing, even on custom stages sometimes.

Next year, we better get all up in their grill about it.
i wanted to strangle those little loiterers..

The Game II

Smash Champion
Lol eyestrain92, you did? what was your tag? and yeah i was using snake most of the time, but only to surprise a few people when i busted out with yoshi being my main and totally egging the crap out of everyone. And i fought SS/Silent Spectre on station #1, it was a miserable fight, i was boo'd of the station even though i won. it was a great match though. o_O
Yea that kinda sucked that you got booed, but we love Jeff. gj with that match tho.

--GCII

BladeWise

Smash Lord
lol playing as Bowser against DSF on the big screen..... I'm crazy.

Oh well, I had fun, even though the tournament was poorly run. I'm still upset about the lack of doubles.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Lol eyestrain92, you did? what was your tag? and yeah i was using snake most of the time, but only to surprise a few people when i busted out with yoshi being my main and totally egging the crap out of everyone. And i fought SS/Silent Spectre on station #1, it was a miserable fight, i was boo'd off the station even though i won. it was a great match though. o_O
Lol sorry but in the norcal community, Silentspectre is <3 by everyone lol. Also the fact Snake vs Falcon? rofl...

But yea it does suck when u get booed by the crowd =/

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I had a great time at this tournament and I'm very proud of my performance :) Happy to see everyone that I saw again and happy to meet everyone I met. There's no way I can post indy shoutouts cmon 302 LOL.

To the tourney host: Thanks for running the tourney and appreciate your hard work but I would appreciate it if in the future you be more respectful. I was just trying to help, and make things run smoothly for everyones benefit and when I asked why we couldn't call matches on TVs as they became open i was responded with a snapping and rudeful response. I was only trying to help and I didn't appreciate that. I Just want to let you know in the future you should listen to people and welcome their ideas, especially if they are being nothing but respectful and just asking questions. You don't have to use the idea but just listen to it rather than decide that someone is wrong before they have a chance to explain. I wanted to try to reason about the TVs and I really don't think me talking about it for 20 seconds is going to delay the tournament, especially if my idea happens to save 2 hours of time. Aside from that well done and I appreciate everything! I don't want to sound like I didn't have a good time 'cuz it was great.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The commentator of the live feed sounded like the guy who ran the brawl tournament at Cyberjocks.....

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
The commentator didn't talk about the matches much in my opinion.

At the tourney itself, I didn't remember anyone doing commentaries for the matches on the big screen. Or do those kick in later? @_@

Oh and if you saw items getting played on the big screen, sorry, that was me and Shino Ruleset. Everyone was like "omgwtfbbqsauce" when it first popped out onto the projector.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Thanks Mango, Kira, Sheridan, SS, Zelgadis, Bob money, Lucky, Nintendoking, Luninspectra for letting me randomly videotape you guys

Oh yeah, and all the random people I friendlied in Brawl... even though it was kinda boring

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Too many shoutouts its ridiculous.

To sum it up, I had fun. Though I'm reading A LOT of complaints...most of them end with "I had fun."

Glenn! I have A LOT of matches to give you. sk92 vs gamble, kosk vs plank (second match is amazing), nanerz vs lucien, jtb vs nanerz, jem vs ajax, edrees vs zelgadis, ajax vs shadow, plank vs edrees, nanerz vs 3inch.

these are all enjoyable matches that are already in mpeg format...I'm not sure how to give them to you though.

Oh, and though I looked stressed out, I was actually hella juiced to help run the tourney.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I go by Wonka.

Yeah, everyone who beat me come insult me if it so pleases you. I played Uraj's Bowser and it was wonderful, I never felt like he got too far ahead of me. Props Uraj.

Regardless, I feel I did well compared to what I expected and my lack of hardcore competitive experience.

By the way, I'm looking for Lee.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Jason, you're too good at calling matches

"I want to disqualify this guy. If you don't come up here in the next five seconds you're DQ'ed. Alright you're DQ'ed"

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Hey Jason, so for the matches that you recorded on TV#4, you will be posting those or you're giving them to Glenn to post as part of his batch associated with Get your tournament?

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i was hoping to give them to glenn. i'd love them on my channel, more subscribers and all that ****. but it's the players who should get the recognition. so i'm TRYING to give them to glenn. i've been looking for his aim, or some way of contacting him, but i haven't been able to. so if you could put a socal word out that WWJasonD is tyring to get in contact with him i'd appreciate that. thanks.

Tidussquall10x

Smash Rookie
Yes, quite a bit man. I didn't know you had a swf account. By the way this is dvcrecroom, I remember you from my channel man.

Also I made an earlier post about what matches I have.
Oh!!! you are dvcrecrooom
hats awesome :p

Thx for all the vids you post man

Top Bottom