• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avalon II (Melee/Brawl/SCV/XY) ft. Mr-R, Ice, Amsah, Zgetto etc. - November 9th, 2013 - Zoetermeer

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer

Everyone who missed the first one earlier this month, has the opportunity to attend the second Avalon event! Note that this will be the last event hosted by us till March 2014, hope y'all can make it!

Avalon I results: http://smashboards.com/threads/avalon-i-the-netherlands-europe-apex-qualifier.340996/

General information
  • Hosted by: Marc, Remen
    Co-hosted by: ShadowTl (runs Brawl during the day)
  • The venue fee is €7.50, you can get a €2.50 discount if you bring a TV/Cube/Wii, a new player or are a new player yourself (meaning you've never entered a smash tournament before). These discounts don't stack, unless you bring multiple TVs.
  • You can't sleep at the venue. Work with us to try and set up housing.
  • The venue has internet (though not the fastest of connections), we're still considering our options for streaming. Coincidentally, if you have the equipment and skills necessary, please let us know!
  • The venue sells drinks and food at reasonable prices and you are expected to take your consumptions outside if you insist on bringing your own.
  • No side events are guaranteed at this point, but amateur brackets for both games are likely if we get a good amount of setups and participants.
  • No smoking inside the venue.
[collapse=Melee Rules]Basic Rules
  • 4 Stock.
  • 8 minute timer, 10 minute timer for teams.
  • Items are set to “off”.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's semis, winner's finals, loser's quarters, loser's semis, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, while best of 5 will be played out for any of the aforementioned sets, including grand finals.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • In the event of a dispute in team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the remaining port.
  • Pausing should be turned off. In the event pause is on and is pressed during a tournament match, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
  • No player may choose the stage they have LAST won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Wobbling is legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states the move is to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached. If you accidentally hit pause while trying to mash out, you have to forfeit your stock.
  • You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while techniques such as Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound and Peach’s Bomber Stalling are, as well as wobbling beyond 300%.
  • No coaching request: If your opponent is being coached, you can request this not to happen and that should be honored. Note that this applies to coaching during matches and not inbetween.
Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
  • Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  • Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  • The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  • The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes**
  • The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  • The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  • Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Resolving Ties
  • Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
  • If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
Additional Rules for Doubles Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • Set team attack to ON.
Stage List Singles

Starter
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land 64
  • Yoshi’s Story
Counterpicks
  • Fountain of Dreams
Stage List Teams

Starter
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land 64
  • Final Destination
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story

Gentleman's clause: If both players come to an agreement, stages may be chosen that aren't otherwise legal.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Brawl Rules]Basic Rules
  • 3 Stock.
  • 10 minute timer for both singles and teams.
  • Items are set to “off” and “none”.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's semis, winner's finals, loser's quarters, loser's semis, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, while best of 5 will be played out for any of the aforementioned sets, including grand finals.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • In the event of a dispute in team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the remaining port.
  • Pausing should be turned off. In the event pause is on and is pressed during a tournament match, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
  • No player may choose the stage they have LAST won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 40 for singles only. This means that you automatically lose if the game goes to time and you have more than 40 edge grabs. If both players are guilty of this, the rule is ignored and the winner will be determined in a regular fashion (see: resolving ties).
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • All chaingrabs and infinites are legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states all infinites are to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached.
  • You can't traverse under any given stage twice in a row without touching the main stage inbetween. Ledges and platforms do not count as the main stage.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • No coaching request: If your opponent is being coached, you can request this not to happen and that should be honored. Note that this applies to coaching during matches and not inbetween.
Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
  • Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  • Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  • Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  • The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  • The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes
  • The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  • The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  • Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Resolving Ties
  • Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
  • If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
  • When a suicide move ends the match (such as Bowser’s Koopa Klaw or Ganondorf’s forward+B), the game’s verdict should always be honored. This means that if the game goes to Sudden Death rather than a victory screen, it is a tie and the 1-stock rematch will have to be played.
Additional Rules for Doubles Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • Set team attack to ON.
Stage List

Starter

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
Counterpicks

• Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Story

Gentleman's clause: If both players come to an agreement, stages may be chosen that aren't otherwise legal.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Soul Calibur V Rules]-Console: Playstation 3
-Games are 3 rounds of 60 seconds
-FT3/BO5 from start to finish
-If there is a tie (2-2) and the final game ends in a double KO, the person who wins the next game on the same stage, wins the set.
-All stages are on and randomized. The loser is allowed to stay on the same stage or randomize again, in which case you could end up with the same stage again.
-Counterpicking stages is not allowed (except for a D.K.O.).
-Banned characters: Devil Jin, Viola, Dampierre, Edge Master, Kilik, Elysium.
-Creation characters are banned. You are allowed to change weapon if your opponent agrees.[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokémon XY Rules]Species Clause - A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause.
Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokédex number (#479).

Evasion Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
A player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokemon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move.

OHKO Clause - A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
A player is considered to have broken the clause when a Pokemon is revealed to have been brought into the battle with a banned move.

Moody Clause - A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.

The following Pokémon are banned from play entirely:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yvetal
Zekrom
Zygarde

Teams might be checked by a non-participating TO prior to the event. Breaking the rules above or being caught with any form of save hacking or cheating (Action Replay etc.) puts you at risk of being disqualified.[/collapse]

Participants (C means confirmed):
  1. Marc (Melee, Brawl) - C
  2. Remen (Melee, Brawl) - C
  3. ShadowTl (Brawl) - C
  4. Four Sword (Melee, Brawl) - C
  5. Gymmo (Melee, Brawl, XY) - C
  6. Guus (Melee) - C
  7. Xxpwnl0rd420xX (Melee)
  8. Ryuker (Melee) - C
  9. Jeffz0r (Melee) - C
  10. Rebaz (Melee)
  11. Adam (Melee, SC5) - C
  12. Zgetto (Melee, SC5) - C
  13. Alpha (SC5)
  14. Cypher (SC5)
  15. Stijn (Melee) - C
  16. Quic (Melee)
  17. RENSXD (Melee) - C
  18. Jeapie (Melee) - C
  19. Avalancer (Melee) - C
  20. Blood (Melee)
  21. Jimmy (Melee) - C
  22. Ser (Melee) - C
  23. Ace (Melee) - C
  24. Ramses (Melee, Brawl) - C
  25. UchihaJP (Melee)
  26. Soreru (Melee, Brawl) - C
  27. Aqua (Melee, Brawl) - C
  28. Tonie (Melee, Brawl)
  29. Tittin (Brawl) - C
  30. Slash (Brawl)
  31. timmy (Melee)
  32. brasje (Melee)
  33. Mr-R (Brawl) - C
  34. Tsuna (Brawl) - GE - C
  35. mind trick (Melee) - C
  36. Amsah (Melee, SC5) - C
  37. Jynx (Melee) - C
  38. Ice (Melee) - GE
  39. Xaghtaersis (Brawl)
  40. Fays (Melee)
  41. Faab (Melee, SC5) - C
  42. Rahx (Brawl) - C
  43. CorteX (Melee) - C
  44. FreekW (Melee)
  45. istudying (Melee, Brawl) - C
  46. Gregs (Brawl)
  47. Arvi (Brawl)
  48. Ivra (Brawl)
  49. Skippo (Brawl)
  50. Lesyd(Brawl) - FR - C
  51. RKO (Brawl) - C
  52. eaSy (Melee)
  53. Krul (Melee)
  54. Bor (Melee)
  55. Shloub (Melee) - FR - C
  56. Yami (Brawl) - FR - C
  57. BBoyindo (Melee)
  58. Pika4Life (Brawl) - C
  59. RiVer (Brawl) - C
  60. Dany (Brawl) - FR - C
  61. FlamingForce (Melee) - C
  62. Catpuke (Brawl, SC5)
  63. S1-14 (Melee, Brawl)
  64. Riff (Melee)
  65. Thimo (Melee)
  66. Freek (Brawl)
  67. Jakett (Melee) - GE
  68. Downpik (Melee) - GE
  69. Cun+ (Melee) - GE
  70. Mark (XY)
  71. Rick (XY)
  72. Daan (Melee)
  73. (:)98 (Melee, Brawl) - MX - C
  74. KolakCC (Brawl) - C
  75. Daniel (Brawl) - C
  76. Var Parasite (Melee) - C
  77. Leon (Brawl) - FR - C
  78. Anoer (Brawl) - FR - C
  79. wouterdc (Melee) - C
  80. Mahie (Melee) - FR - C
  81. Samplay (Melee) - FR - C
  82. Sèb (Melee) - FR - C
  83. Ilka Matin (Melee, Brawl) - C
  84. Chrisorie (Brawl)
  85. TheSun (Melee) - C
  86. /Rev (Melee) - C
  87. Crawlas (Brawl) - C
  88. plan (Melee) - C
  89. Kunoichi Ronin (Melee, XY) - C
  90. Kyaputen (Melee)
  91. Urizen (Melee)
  92. adjepatatje (Melee)
  93. Arca (Melee)
  94. Heart of Tobasco (Melee) - C
  95. Pheon (Melee) - C
  96. Vriend van Heart of Tobasco
  97. TrickerL (Melee)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I need to point out that the fact that you incorporated the excalibur+avalon design from FS/N to your emblem makes it that much more painful for me to say that I won't be able to attend. Again.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I can fund you 15 euros, but that's about it :(

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally interested, If I can get 4 people with me I'll come. Is anyone able to house us ?

Mahie

Smash Lord
Guys I was fairly certain that I posted here but apparently I didn't. I'm coming with Cyr, Samplay and Séb from France.

Shloub

Smash Rookie
I'll come with Mahie et al. I can bring a GC and SSBM if you want.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Please do! So that means you, Mahie, Cyr, Samplay and Sèb are confirmed?

Everyone else can start confirming their attendance as well!

Shloub

Smash Rookie
I think so. I'm gonna ask them, just to be sure.

Edit : Actually, Cyr may not come.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We'll make another attempt at streaming with better equipment than last time, but we might still be limited qualitywise by the venue's low upload speed. Matches will at the very least be recorded. The stream link will be posted ASAP. :)

strawhats

Smash Master
was hoping Cyr would go to this. I like his samus. Also wanted to see Cyr vs Amsah

Top Bottom