• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Avalanche": Cloud combo, moveset, and tech sharing thread

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
So any consistent combo starter other than FH Dair??
Falling uair is his best combo starter. Combos into fair, bair, uair, nair, ftilt, side-b, down-b, and up-b.

Last edited:

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
Falling Dair to Finishing Touch works at a variety of percents

Last edited:

QTP2T

Smash Rookie
ahhhh alright nice nice, I'll probably be using this a lot, I spike off of it o.o
Yeah, it's pretty nice. I like spiking off stage, but on stage is also useful, though I haven't really been able to get too much off of it, other than maybe an upsmash read. You might be able to get a uair off of the dair as well, im not sure, I've only played around with fair :p

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
It feels like its character specific. Theres too much lag from side-b 2 for me to trust it. I'll have to test it in a match later.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
At 0 percent d throw into 2 side b slashes will suck the opponent back into grab so you can get a regrab, you can do it twice on Mario to my knowledge

D tilt to up tilt works on heavies

Also have you seen Cloud's dash grab. Omfg

Fastfall nair, dilt, bair, nair at 0

D tilt into bair

D tilt, bair, fast fall nair, uptilt, up air

Last edited:

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Does Cloud have any functional jab resets? sorry. I don't have him yet..

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
Up-tilt to up air is a true combo at mid percents :)
You can switch out the up air with a nair for the different trajectory

Last edited:

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
So, to the people who have been talking about Dthrow into turn around Side B (Cross Slash). Cross Slash is too slow of a move for it to come out fast enough. I tested this with my brother yesterday, but basically Dthrow at low percents is a mixup. Utilt being our fastest option when someone is behind us is what will beat out things like Peach's Bair which is by the way on frame 8. So that tells me that anything that is frame 8 and lower will beat out Side B / turn around Ftilt. Your options off of Dthrow are as follows. Utilt will beat any move that is frame 7 or above. Otherwise they can jump away from UTilt and Ftilt. If they decide to just try and hit the ground and shield however Ftilt will always connect, since they're still in the air before they hit the ground. Now the opponent still has the option to jump. Luckily Cloud can still punish someone trying to jump away by doing a SH Nair. Another thing I tested with my brother is if they DI in, while jumping if so Utilt will still hit them IF and only IF they DI into you while they jump. These are your options off of Dthrow at low %'s.

Edit: I forgot to mention this too, but at low %'s if he doesn't have LB stocked up Utilt into Footstool is a viable mixup and can lead into FH Dair combos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Limit Breaker can be cancelled by pressing B.
You can combo multiples UpAirs on FastFallers.
UpAir to DownB (with Limit Breaker charged) kills super early. (bowser @ 40%)
FAir to DAir at low %.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
Not a combo but I think it's worth noting that cloud has a very good fox trot, and I think it should be among his primary movement options in the neutral. especially great for spacing down tilt (which can at low percents lead in to a back air, up air, and up tilt strings).

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
So found a neat little mixup off of FH Dair. If you don't have LB up. FH Dair into Side B 2x into Foot stool works the timing is hard but if you do it fast enough he can go for another FH Dair combo off of that Foot-stool.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
The auto cancel timing on your shorthop and full hop uair+dairs will be different when you have a fully charged limit break. Cloud's fullhop jump height is lower when LB is fully charged and his movement speed changes.

Please can people make note of whether they're doing their combos with a fully charged Limit Break.

Last edited:

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
So... To all of the people who probably have been wondering, How the **** does Cloud auto snap the ledge without LB up? Well! He now has a way to do so! Since he has access to wall jump like Mario for example. He can wall jump and Up B to auto snap the ledge safely. :3

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Zero weights in with some thoughts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM9rcDi-1DE

So... To all of the people who probably have been wondering, How the **** does Cloud auto snap the ledge without LB up? Well! He now has a way to do so! Since he has access to wall jump like Mario for example. He can wall jump and Up B to auto snap the ledge safely. :3
Yeah, his recovery in general is looking better than most people thought. Certainly not Lli Mac tier at least.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Full hop Dair really deserves some looking into as an approach option. It's not like anything is going to beat out that much disjoint, and it has decent shield stun unlike something like Ryu's late nair.

Because if Cloud can legit fish in neutral using a safe move and kill confirm off it at 45% then it changes everything.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
In case people were wondering what his thoughts were.

Last edited:

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure they can jump out of it, at least my opponent did when I was doing dthrow foward tilt.
No, you can't follow up any of Cloud's throws with tilts. Down Throw -> Reverse Side B does seem to be a thing at lower percents, though, I don't think it's possible for most characters to escape. Hitting them with the Limit Break version of 0% adds a huge chunk of damage off of a fresh stock.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If you run offstage and instantly up B it auto snaps the ledge. I have been using it a lot to ledge trump punish.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I've had decent success with grab release stuff. Grab release to jab/ftilt is good at low percents

At around 100% grab release to lb upb can kill. They can guard or counter, but if they do anything else they'll get caught. Counter won't hit, either. Haven't tested with greninja and lucarios falling counters.

I've also managed to chain dthrow to side b 2 upwards of 2 times then dthrow to fsmash for a quick 54ish%. Not true on the first throw,but the second one might be. I think their only option would be to jump, at which point you nair to whatever.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I was trying these out earlier in training mode against a CPU Mario in the "stop" setting, where all of these were counted as true combos. Obviously some of these setups could last longer or not work at all depending on the character (weight, fall speed and body frame/size), rage, or simply DI employed by a human. These were all done without the Limit Break stat buffs, unless specified.

0%
  • Utilt 3x
  • Near Ledge (if no DI/DI into Cloud): Bthrow > (dash offstage) Cross Slash
Around 10% - 15%
  • Dtilt (tip* and end of move) > Uair
Around 25%
  • Landing Uair > Utilt
  • Landing Uair > Utilt > Nair (startup with the back of hit)
    ^ possible on characters depending on weight/fall speed/body frame (for example, this true combo'd on Cloud himself)
Around 30%
  • Landing Nair (as close as possible) > Dtilt
Around 35% - 40%
  • Landing Uair > Cross Slash (Limit Break also), requires full jump and immediate CS, strict timing
Up to 45%
  • Landing Uair > Uair
  • Landing Uair > Nair
  • Landing Uair > Bair (you need to dash forward a bit before jumping)
  • Landing Uair > Fair (full jump and have the fair come out buffered immediately after jumpsquat)

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Ledge snapping is difficult but not impossible, just recover low and you cant get gimped nearly as easily. Charge limit break while waiting to get the the perfect position which is just before the end of the stage background

Last edited:

Nyhte

Smash Cadet
I agree that nair is awesome, dtilt seems really good too

It's not a true combo (vs. most of the cast i believe) but you can make mixups/read pseudo combos from dtilt>nair>dtilt>nair

bthrow>fsmash & nair>fsmash seem like a shield checks

nair has such a good arc while being one of cloud's fastest aerials that it's really good for combos

dtilt pops them up in the air and it's pretty fast too albeit seemingly very punishable on shield

also fair spikes (if given enough %?) so it can be a good final hit / anti combo / anti reaching tool, i've had shiek combo me into getting fair spiked by me, the disadvantage is it seems to have more startup/delay than nair

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
When I have limit break I noticed that cloud can no longer auto cancel back air/fast fall up air out of a short hop. Was this already mentioned?

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
I agree that nair is awesome, dtilt seems really good too

It's not a true combo (vs. most of the cast i believe) but you can make mixups/read pseudo combos from dtilt>nair>dtilt>nair

bthrow>fsmash & nair>fsmash seem like a shield checks

nair has such a good arc while being one of cloud's fastest aerials that it's really good for combos

dtilt pops them up in the air and it's pretty fast too albeit seemingly very punishable on shield

also fair spikes (if given enough %?) so it can be a good final hit / anti combo / anti reaching tool, i've had shiek combo me into getting fair spiked by me, the disadvantage is it seems to have more startup/delay than nair
Nair > Dair is a true combo on everyone provided you hit at last part of your nair as you're coming down on the opponent. %'s vary but it's guaranteed on everyone.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Short hop back air to side b seems pretty reliable from mid 30s up until around 50ish depending on weight

also, it seems like the beginning of upair is a semi spike? I'm not to sure but it looks like it

Last edited:
Top Bottom