• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Avalanche": Cloud combo, moveset, and tech sharing thread

theflaminggamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflaminggamer2
Welcome to Avalanche HQ! Here you can share the 3 afformentoned topics, as long as you follow 3 simple rules.....

1) NO FLAMEWARS!
2) FRIENDLY CRITICISM ONLY!
3) DON'T BE A ****!

Have fun!

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Found some combos. True in training. From 0, nair into up special or jab 1, or do a ton of falling up air follow ups. Falling up air can combo into: Jab 1, f-tilt, up special, up tilt, another up air, or side special. Although not true it's probobly worth noting that up tilt can string into itself. Still labing for more.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Up tilt to up tilt works on fast enough fallers around low to mid percent.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
* Nair is ****ing amazing, it's like Shulk's except better in every way.
* Bair has almost no landing lag, but Cloud's short hop is a bit too high for it to be a spacing tool at time.
* U-tilt & D-smash are fast as hell
* Climhazzard doesn't sweetspot the ledge

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Uair>uair
Uair>FS>Uair>FS>Uair (You have to hit them when they bounce on the ground) (very hard too)
Uair>Utilt
Uair>Bair
Uair>FS>dair

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Cloud can easily dash dance, possible the easiest in the game, don't even have to double tap, it's super good.

Also be wary of using Cross Slash in the air, in a lot of cases you'll end up going right past someone still continuing it.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
All of these I'm testing in training mode on Omega Midgar on a Mario CPU, so therefore will have no rage, DI, etc, so may not be the most accurate thing. Will add more as I find more. Any combo I say would be true is true according to the counter on training mode. Gathering replays using the combos to record with probably a potato on my 3DS. Also, any combo I find is from only my friends or me testing it, so if its already listed and I add it, sorry. Starting to test things in actual matches now to see how practical they are and how well they work.

Side Special Things
-First hit can lock at low percents, works perfectly until 40% on the training mode CPU.
-First hit can combo into literally everything he has easily except for aerials and Finishing Touch.

Jab Combos
Jab 1->Side Smash, Safe to say it works until around 110%. Does 20%.
Jab 1+2->Side Smash, safe to say it works BEST until around 70%. Does 24%.
Jab 1->Side Special- is works best until around 54%. Does 21%, 28% with Limit Break.
Jab 1+2->Side Special- works best until around 39%, where Mario can jump out of the hits. Needs more testing to figure out the percents of it working. Requires a little bit of spacing. Does 23%, 30% with Limit Break.
Jab 1->dtilt safe to say it works best until around 60-70%. Mario couldn't jump out, but may be easier for a human to get out of. Does 9%.
Jab 1+2->dtilt safe to say it works best until around 60%, as Mario can jump out of it at 70% and my be easier for a human to get out of. Does 11%.
Jab 1->dsmash works best until probably around 40-55%. Does 19%.
Jab 1+2->dsmash works best until probably around 60%. Does 21%.
Jab 1->Upsmash is safe to say works best until around 50%. Does 15%.
Jab 1+2->upsmash is safe to say works best to around 40%. Does 17%.
Jab 1->up special. Depending on spacing, can do 13-15%, with Limit Break it seems to do 23% every time, regardless of spacing.
Jab 1+2->up special. Depending on spacing, can do 11-19%, 23-15% with Limit Break.
Jab 1->short hop Nair, does 10%. You'll have to move forward a little bit with the Nair to make sure it hits.
Jab 1+2->short hop Nair, does 12%. You'll have to move slightly forward for Nair to hit.
Jab 1->short hop Dair, does 15%.
Jab 1+2->short hop Dair, does 17%.
Jab 1->short hop Fair, does 15%. Doesn't seem very reliable, and the spacing is a little hard to get down.
Jab 1+2->short hop Fair, does up to 18%, depending on the spacing of Fair. Doesn't seem very reliable, and the spacing is a little hard to get.
Jab 1->Finishing Touch, does 3%. It might work at Finishing Touch kill percent and it might not, i haven't tested it on a human. Probably will depend on the size of the opponent.
Jab 1+2->Finishing Touch, does 5%. Like the above, it might have to depend on the size of the opponent for it to work at kill percent.
Jab 1->neutral special, does 10%, 21% with Limit Break.
Jab 1+2->neutral special, does 12%, 23% with Limit Break.

Down tilt Combos
Dtilt->Side Special. Works decently around 0-15%, but anything after that either won't work at all or you'll have to move a bit. Does 26% if all hits connect, 33% with Limit Break.
Dtilt->Bair works well around 0-60 on the non moving CPU, looks like its really easy to get out of, so probably only until around 30% on a human. Does 20%.
Dtilt->Nair works until about 30%. Does 15%.
Dtilt->upair->side smash, only really works well until 10%.The positioning is a little bit strict, and it does 30-40%
Dilt->Upsmash, does 15%. Works well until around 39%.
Dtilt->turnaround fsmash, can charge the fsmash for a second to make sure that it hits. Looks really easy to get out of, so its probably not that great to use in an actual match.
Dtilt->dsmash, can charge the dsmash until the opponent falls to the ground. Looks easy to get out of.
Dtilt->reversed neutral special, the spacing is a little strict for it, and it seems to work best around 0-20%, but it doesn't seem to be too reliable. Does 15%, 26% with Limit Break.
Dtilt->Dair, short or full hop, depending on the percents. Does 15-20% depending on the spacing.
Dtilt->upspecial, does 14-19% depending on spacing, and assuming all the hits connect, does up to 24% with Limit Break. Does NOT seem reliable AT ALL.
Dtilt->Fair, does up to 21%. Doesn't seem that reliable, and hard to get the spacing right. Wouldn't recommend using it in a match, but its better to know and not need than to never know at all.

Aerial Combos
Nair or Fair (spaced well)->down tilt-> upair works well in training mode on Mario around the between 0-30% area, does at least 30% with Fair, 28% with Nair, so its good for the beginning of a stock.
Nair or Fair (spaced well)->Side special. Does 27%(Nair) 33%(Fair), with Limit Break 34%(Nair) 40%(Fair). With Fair, connects well between 0-30%, around 40% you'll have to walk forward a little bit, and positioning adjustments will have to be made after that point. With Nair, seems to work until around 50%, which you'll have to chase your opponent a little to get.
Nair or Fair to upsmash. Does 21% with Nair, 27% with Fair.
Nair or Fair to side smash, with Nair it does 26%, with Fair it does 31%. Works well until around 25%.
Nair or Fair to down smash, with Nair it does 24%, with Fair it does 29%. Works well until around 30%.
Falling upair->side special, works best 0-26%. Does 32%, 39% with Limit Break.
Fair->up special, works best 0-28%. Does 23-29% depending on spacing, does 34% with Limit Break.
Nair->up special, works only until about 10%. Does 19-24% depending on spacing, does 29% with Limit Break.
Falling upair->up special, works best 0-35%. Does 21%-28% depending on spacing. Does 34% with Limit Break.
RAR Bair->side special. Works best until 20%, and until 25% you'll have to chase your opponent, I don't think this works at all after 25%. Does 32%, 39% with Limit Break.
Dair->up special, does 24-28%, depending on spacing, 34% with Limit Break.

Down throw Combos
Dthrow->turnaround dtilt seems to work around 0-30%. Does 14%.
Dthrow->turnaround Side special works well around 15-30%. Did some Cloud dittos, and can confirm this one works best around those percentages. Does 26%, 33% with Limit Break.
Dthrow->side smash works best at 0-15%. Can confirm that it works best around those percentages.
Dthrow->Ftilt works around 0-21%, does 18%.
Dthrow->reverse up smash. does 20%. Only works at very low percents; isn't true.
Dthrow->reversed neutral special. Not very reliable at all. Works best from around 0-20%. Does 15%, 26% with Limit Break.
Dthrow->reversed up special. Works only until around 20%. Does 18%, does 28% with Limit Break.
Dthrow->down special (Finishing Touch, not charging the meter), works best from 0-20%, where starting around 10-15% the opponent can get away from it, and you'll have to move slightly. Does 8%.

Bthrow->dash attack at low percents, doesn't seem too good. Does 17%.

Last edited:

luckysharm

Smash Rookie
Cloud is surprisingly agile and fast, you don't even have to use the extended dash dance. Cloud doesn't seem to have any throw combos, though.

Fast fall U-air ---> Forward B = 32% from 0%, true combo.

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Grounded Blade Beam hits at ledge, so does the Limit variation of Blade Beam.

Huge

Smash Apprentice
Double-tap down B to cancel out of dash near-instantly! It's similar to what Pac-Man, Diddy, and Sheik have with their neutral Bs.

edit: made a quick video to show you what it looks like -

Last edited:

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
cloud can jab out of his initial dash. i think he as IASA frames at the end it. if you get the timing for his dancetrot (not extended dash dance inputs), you can replace the direction input with a jab and it will come out before the skid (and if done correctly it will not become a dash attack). not sure what to make of it yet, but i feel like cloud's jab is really good for some reason, and i'm a mac main.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
falling nair can link into dash attack at 10 %

Falling nair can also lead to blade beam starting at 50%

Falling uair can combo into rising u air or tilt at 0%

D throw into side b or f smash at 0 % works best against the heavies

D throw can also combo into up b at 0 %

Jab 1 into limit break finishing touch might be a thing

Last edited:

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Well for non teched situations off of Fair (No spike hitbox). At about 10-30% he can get Side Special and Jab combo / Climhazzard. Finishing touch works too as does Blade beam but those won't kill anyways so waste of LB usage.

Eureka

Smash Ace
So I've been trying out various combo starters with Cloud. I've found that late hit dair combos easily into many moves because if you buffer it out of a full hop it autocancels.

You can true combo into Finishing Touch with this.

This kills at 40%.

Have fun.

keronshb

Smash Cadet
NNID
keronshb
Switch FC
4854 8398 6875
I'm pretty sure this works only after landing, since I can't seem to get a shield starting from the ground, but if you do a jumping Limit Break charge (Down B to charge the meter), you can cancel it into a shield or shieldgrab instead of just a roll.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
Was experimenting and found a possible "chaingrab" that works at 0%.

Down throw > first 2 hits of side b > regrab and dthrow > 2 hits of side b > regrab dthrow > finish.

Not sure if this is completely true, but seems to work for me.

Just by looking at the first 2 hits of side b it seems like it can be a great setup for smashes at higher percentages depending on the opponent's reactions.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
I played a bit of Cloud today. So far the easiest combo I can find is Dtilt to Up B (both hits). Not 100% sure if you can guaranteed follow up after the meteor hit, but for the most part it works at earlier percents and depends on the opponent's weight.

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
Tested on a CPU Mario in training mode and are all true combos.

From 0 to 60 Sourspot auto cancel dair combos into bair.

From 15 to 90 Sourspot auto cancel dair combos to fair, although any where past 60ish you will have to dash, jump, then fair.(can get the spiking hitbox)

From 0 to 75 Sourspot auto cancel dair combos into Nair.

To auto cancel dair, you must full jump and dair as you're rising. You will have no lag upon landing if done correctly.
This can probably be an out of shield tool.

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Was experimenting and found a possible "chaingrab" that works at 0%.

Down throw > first 2 hits of side b > regrab and dthrow > 2 hits of side b > regrab dthrow > finish.

Not sure if this is completely true, but seems to work for me.

Just by looking at the first 2 hits of side b it seems like it can be a great setup for smashes at higher percentages depending on the opponent's reactions.
I'm pretty sure they can jump out of it, at least my opponent did when I was doing dthrow foward tilt.

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
I'm pretty sure they can jump out of it, at least my opponent did when I was doing dthrow foward tilt.
Guess it would be better as a sort of mix up option, then. Sucks that he doesn't have that many throw combos.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
FF Nair into Dtilt seems to work only at around 30% and FF Nair into jab combo probably works only up until maybe 24-ish%.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Wait....could auto cancel D-air connect into a spike D-air? Has anyone pulled it off?
You can, but it only works at low percents since you need to get above your opponent. If you want to spike someone after a late dair landing the sweetspot of forward air is much easier. Interestingly enough, Cloud can actually reverse Ken Combo (late hit dair, double jump, sweetspot fair) if he doesn't land on the ground before he has the chance to double jump.

Cacts

Smash Rookie
instead of rolling, just press down-B and then side, same speed as a roll, plus you charge your limit at the same time

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
One mixup I found for cloud. use D-throw into a Limit Break Side B. Does a good chunk of damage at 0% (to 32%) and is generally guaranteed a combo on anyone not a Fast Faller/Lightweight.

Loses its combo/ mixup potential at around 30%

Japancakes

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has already been long since found but fast-fall up air can true combo into finishing touch.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Not sure if this is exactly a "tech", but I can say that Cloud has limited wall jump capabilities. I'm terrible at wall jumping though, so I can't really say how effective it is. Could definitely be pivotal in dealing with our shaky recovery though.

Also, been having some luck with DTilt to UAir or Dash Attack to UAir, but only at low percents. Another early percent pair I like is FThrow to Neutral B.

Azim

Smash Rookie
I'd like to confirm that Cloud can cancel dash with limit charges. You can also instantly cancel that into anything. Literally only made an account to say this.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
I'm finding Nair - Nair - Fair/Dair a good spike setup.

Ftilt and Bair jablock, other moves might but I don't know which.

Up air combos into the spike hitbox of fair

Signature combo boiz

Last edited by a moderator:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Ok so I just figured out that limit broken sword beam true combos into cross slash (or anything of similar or faster speed) for an easy 38% at like 0% not sure how much percent this doesn't work at. Just say low percent for now

QTP2T

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been found, but weak hit dair -> fair is a true combo (at least in training, I haven't tested with real people yet). Does about 21%. If this hasn't been found, I'll make a video showcasing it, because the timing can be a little weird.

Chris Landry

Smash Rookie
Hey this is my first post here! but been reading a long time! A good combo for low % is dthrow -> reversed utilt utilt -> short hop uair -> up special spike, a bit tough to pull off but can deal 48% right off the bat

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Characters with poor vertical recovery eg. DK can be suicided with up b at the ledge, I've done it about a dozen times and can't stop laughing for about 5 minutes every time I do

doing what jtails was doing except substituting the airdodge with an up air is pretty great, it auto cancels

I'm pretty sure fastfall uair into down air at around 35% on most characters is true, I've been pulling it off on level 9s pretty consistently (not going into for glory for a while, its pretty... stormy...)

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
34% true combo. [falling uair > utilt > uair]

28% true combo. [fast fall nair > dtilt > uair]

Last edited:
Top Bottom