• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Automatic Perfect Shield Fsmash!

DariusM27

Smash Ace
In this video I do a Perfectshield Automatic-Fsmash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2sOMPutg8

The attack happens 29seconds in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2sOMPutg8&t=0m29s this clip takes you right to it (Short video anyway though)

You can do this with any control setup, but the control setup I use allows me to perform an Option Select! (Look up Smash 4 Option Select videos if you haven't yet!)

Most people may not use Smash Cstick, but I do. Using Smash stick allows you to do this cool tech!

With Cstick set to smash, if you shield and push down on Cstick while shielding, you will spot dodge.

If your perfect shield is hit and you push down on Cstick while moving forward, you will frame perfect automatically Fsmash!

It's a win - win situation, all you have to do is hit shield before you get hit. You can basically almost input this on reaction, since shield comes out frame 1!

I'm a Marth main and this tech has helped a lot vs projectile spammers.

You can also use this Option Select to do a Dsmash, but the input timing for that is weird, haven't figured it out.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Looks pretty interesting, thanks for sharing. :)

A little less useful for me since I use tilt stick, specifically for complete freedom for aerials while in the air, but it def looks pretty helpful nonetheless.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Looks pretty interesting, thanks for sharing. :)

A little less useful for me since I use tilt stick, specifically for complete freedom for aerials while in the air, but it def looks pretty helpful nonetheless.
Thanks! Yeah, you could still pull this off with a little practice, but to input a Perfect Shield dropped straight into an Fsmash might need a little labbing to do it without Cstick. But definitely possible.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Thanks! Yeah, you could still pull this off with a little practice, but to input a Perfect Shield dropped straight into an Fsmash might need a little labbing to do it without Cstick. But definitely possible.

I'll see your option select and raise you a better way to perform it.

With A+B Smash on, shield and immediately release shield and press A+B at the same time and then immediately afterwards press any other action. If you power shield you will get the Smash, otherwise you will get a shield drop followed by the action you input afterwards.

This could be a godsend for chars who have bad OoS options and have to drop shield anyways, since they literally lose absolutely 0 from doing this every single time they press shield. We lose the possibility of grabbing or Up-Bing OoS since we will have to mandatorily go through the 7 frames of shield drop which might **** up a time sensitive punish.

Although if you are thinking of punishing something with a frame 14-15 move (F-smash) then there should be enough time to drop shield and grab anyways, so it shouldn't really be that much of a problem.

Edit:

Some other findings:

This same option select can be performed the exact same way for special moves.

Doing this method for U-Smash and U-Special is useless since you can just OoS them anyways.

It is impossible to buffer the second option for Side-B, Down-B or Down-Smash, you will always get a roll or a spot dodge respectively for those options. As such, I would deem this technique counterproductive for buffering any of the above moves, since there is almost 0 situations where you would want to either Smash or Spot Dodge/Roll.

You can however buffer any action INCLUDING OoS options for F-Smash and Neutral-B!!! Depending on how much shield stun the opponent attack has and how fast you press the OoS option after releasing A+B you should be able to get an Up-B or Grab OoS most of the time if you miss the powershield window.

This would mean that this technique is super effective at option selecting only F-Smash or Neutral-B OoS, but that's about it, any other move would be a waste. It is quite extraordinary though, specially for a character with such a good F-Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom